REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 12-05-2009, 03:41 PM   #26
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Failed 53 Times in 33 Posts
Good choice on the supra, i'd love a supra haha
Advertisement
2005 Honda Jazz

BuySell Feedback
Quote:
"It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries... Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good ... They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time. "
Leopold Stotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:38 AM   #27
Need to Seek Professional Help

Failed 15 Times in 8 Posts
Please take the Supra~ 90's japanese sport cars IMO are better than recent sport cars
Old 12-07-2009, 08:47 AM   #28
RabidMod

Thanked 1,387 Times in 506 Posts
Failed 111 Times in 31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
Well since i own a supra and a g35 let me share some of my experiences, first that supra is a bit on the cheap side i paid 28500 for mine 94tt 6speed(50k miles) but i guess due to recession but still do the inspection check everything(specially the tranny)
As for the g35 its a bit pricey check local craigs list sure there are better deals

The biggest problem with these cars is the price your going to pay am not sure if your aware of the duty/tax deal so add 18% tax on the price, and the currency conversion.

As for the driving experience trust me none of those cars will compare to a supra, its easy to upgrade from stock 11psi to 16psi and that will give you enough power to make you smile ever day however dont expect to drive that car in snow and very slowly in rain. With mine the drive is very sporty, rough, but fun.
The g35 is more of a luxury sports car not as much power or attention, or thrill. Parts are cheaper and easier to maintain. Drive the 3 cars and decide what you like more, no one can really tell you what to buy it comes to personal choice.
How's the handling with the Supra, compared to some other cars you might have driven?
Old 12-07-2009, 11:10 AM   #29
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed

Failed 52 Times in 4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
Well since i own a supra and a g35 let me share some of my experiences, first that supra is a bit on the cheap side i paid 28500 for mine 94tt 6speed(50k miles) but i guess due to recession but still do the inspection check everything(specially the tranny)
As for the g35 its a bit pricey check local craigs list sure there are better deals

The biggest problem with these cars is the price your going to pay am not sure if your aware of the duty/tax deal so add 18% tax on the price, and the currency conversion.

As for the driving experience trust me none of those cars will compare to a supra, its easy to upgrade from stock 11psi to 16psi and that will give you enough power to make you smile ever day however dont expect to drive that car in snow and very slowly in rain. With mine the drive is very sporty, rough, but fun.
The g35 is more of a luxury sports car not as much power or attention, or thrill. Parts are cheaper and easier to maintain. Drive the 3 cars and decide what you like more, no one can really tell you what to buy it comes to personal choice.
I've already driven all three cars, obviously G35 will give you most class but that doesn't amuse me. I went with the supra 1st for the price, I'll probably send up paying around $25k with border taxes... car still has the looks for a 15yo design and when i drove one before I was surprised by the power it has stock. I'll be flying out to Bellevue, WA to drive it home soon.

thanks for the right up.
willsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 11:18 AM   #30
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,849 Times in 1,842 Posts
Failed 970 Times in 279 Posts
^ pics when you get!
TOS'd is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-07-2009, 11:36 AM   #31
Banned (BBM)

Failed 1,106 Times in 390 Posts
supras are ganster

all 3 may have similar power rating

except the 2jz powerplant is a lot quicker than the z and the G
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 11:38 AM   #32
Banned (BBM)

Failed 1,106 Times in 390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timpo View Post
pretty much every single high performance Toyota cars' engines were built by Yamaha.

LFA, Supra, ISF, Chaser, Mark II, Celica, Soarer, MR2, etc...
So much for TRD than

Toyota Racing Development my ass

should be YRD than
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 01:22 PM   #33
They let me be a moderator. LOL

Thanked 3,670 Times in 867 Posts
Failed 1,062 Times in 190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timpo View Post
pretty much every single high performance Toyota cars' engines were built by Yamaha.

LFA, Supra, ISF, Chaser, Mark II, Celica, Soarer, MR2, etc...
Stop posting the wrong information.
Yamaha HELPED. They did not BUILD.

1JZ's head was designed by Yamaha. They didn't touch the 2JZ.
The only Yamaha connection to Toyota is the Head Design on certain motors. They did not build the engine for Toyota.
SpuGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 02:54 PM   #34
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Failed 205 Times in 120 Posts
youre picking a 15 year old high end sportscar for your daily driver and you're on a 'budget' over a 4-5 year old car that has a back seat (G35) and wont cost a fortune to maintain? especially when performance wasnt on the list of things that were important

get your priorities straightened out. the supra wont be practical
Old 12-07-2009, 03:57 PM   #35
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Failed 8 Times in 4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
youre picking a 15 year old high end sportscar for your daily driver and you're on a 'budget' over a 4-5 year old car that has a back seat (G35) and wont cost a fortune to maintain? especially when performance wasnt on the list of things that were important

get your priorities straightened out. the supra wont be practical
Get your facts straight. A supra has back seats and does not cost alot to maintain when slightly modded. Any car will cost alot to maintain when you put alot of mods into it. Good choice on the supra over the other cars you had in mind.
InteGSR-99 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-08-2009, 12:41 AM   #36
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
Failed 4,505 Times in 971 Posts
Supra with widebody kit

Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-08-2009, 01:14 AM   #37
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Failed 83 Times in 34 Posts
10 year older car will undoubtedly be more expensive to maintain and less reliable. The Supra is rare and the kind of toy that you may not want to DD and put KM on, or drive through salt in the winter.

Supra is the worst choice on the list, but is the coolest one.
Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:25 AM   #38
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Failed 205 Times in 120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by InteGSR-99 View Post
Get your facts straight. A supra has back seats and does not cost alot to maintain when slightly modded. Any car will cost alot to maintain when you put alot of mods into it. Good choice on the supra over the other cars you had in mind.
a back seat where the backs of the front seat touch the front of the back seat, is not a back seat.

it is definitely a way cooler car, but you're going to sit there and try to believe that a 15 year old supra, is MORE PRACTICAL AS A DAILY DRIVER than a G35? a supra is a 2nd or 3rd car that sits in the garage and gets driven 5-10k a year in the sun. not thru snow and salt and rain and shitstorms to the grocery store.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:28 PM   #39
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Failed 15 Times in 10 Posts
Quote:
a back seat where the backs of the front seat touch the front of the back seat, is not a back seat.

it is definitely a way cooler car, but you're going to sit there and try to believe that a 15 year old supra, is MORE PRACTICAL AS A DAILY DRIVER than a G35? a supra is a 2nd or 3rd car that sits in the garage and gets driven 5-10k a year in the sun. not thru snow and salt and rain and shitstorms to the grocery store.
This guy knows his stuff trust me, certainly not a DD and parts are rare to find and they don't come cheap. If you DD it ,the gas mileage will consume your wallet. You're looking to spend $500-700 a month just on gas, if you're still a young driver the insurance will be costly too. Maintenance is somewhat a bit above average cost certainly, I don't have much room for backseats but I do have room for cargo spaces.

The only flaw I see in this thread is... why would this friend of yours sell a white 95 TT 6-speed Supra with 34k miles only for 19,5k? If its a clean title he can definitely sell that double the value you claim he said, which is around 40k...unless there is a major problem that he's willing to part the car out for it.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:56 PM   #40
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Failed 8 Times in 4 Posts
Quote:

I've put 3-4 people before, yes its tight, but the seats are there if you really have to drive that many people. If you keep the supra BPU, you shouldn't run into any major problems.

As far as gas mileage, I've got 400kms per tank easily with a BPU supra.

Again, i would choose the supra over any of the cars he mentioned, daily driver or not.
InteGSR-99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:25 PM   #41
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
Failed 6 Times in 3 Posts
all cars are good choice, but for being rare, id go for the supra. love the car.

haha, plus knowing it uses some regular maintenance parts as my highlander, and my GS, means no need to stock a mix of parts and fluids at home

mmm Supra!

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:05 PM   #42
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
supra as a daily driver is gonna cost you 75+/tank to fill up, you'll get 300 = 350kms/tank.

definately not a practical daily driver, and if you're inexperienced with RWD cars you're gonna kill yourself in rainy/icy conditions.

i only put 1100 kms on the supra this year, if i had to choose between your choices, the fact that you want a DD as the basis for my decision, id go with the G.

just thought id throw my 2psi in there.
Black Pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 04:23 AM   #43
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Failed 7 Times in 4 Posts
The 350z and G will also cost you around 70 to fill up and you'll only get 350-400 kms/tank. I'd go with the Supra for the mere fact that you'll always be able to find a G or a 350z for that price but finding such a low km supra for that price is damn near impossible unless it's jdm.
97ITR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 05:25 AM   #44
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 1,357 Times in 508 Posts
Failed 229 Times in 105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
definately not a practical daily driver, and if you're inexperienced with RWD cars you're gonna kill yourself in rainy/icy conditions.
hmmmm I suppose the G and the 350Z aren't RWD.

If you keep the TRC on in the Supra it's gonna be faaaaine.

I would think there's actually less likely of a breakdown on a BPU supra than a 5 year old nissan.

I stand behind Toyota that much.

• 2017 Alfa Romeo Giula Q4
  • 1999 Nissan Stagea 260RS 1 of 748
  • 1998 Nissan Laurel Medallion Club S drift boi
  • 1991 Lexus LS400 mint boi
  • 1989 Nissan S-Cargo cute boi
hk20000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:11 AM   #45
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
AHAHAHA, i totally forgot the other 2 were rwd... sorry it was late and i was tired... dumb error on my part!
Black Pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 01:59 PM   #46
They let me be a moderator. LOL

Thanked 3,670 Times in 867 Posts
Failed 1,062 Times in 190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post

If you keep the TRC on in the Supra it's gonna be faaaaine.

I stand behind Toyota that much.
I killed the traction control on my SC4.
Don't ask how, but it was really easy. TRAC light is permanently on now
No it was not on purpose becausenif it were it would've been off and I wouldn't have this problem.
Posted via RS Mobile
SpuGen is offline   Reply With Quote