REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 02-20-2010, 02:08 AM   #1
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Failed 1 Time in 1 Post
Shipping hockey gear to Pt. Roberts

I bought a bunch of hockey equipment online but it turned out not fitting the way I hoped it would so I'm planning to return it.
However, the first time I picked it up I had to pay duties+taxes on them.

I'm planning to buy different equipment now so is there a way to buy the new equipment without having to pay duty+taxes again or just pay on the extra new amount?

Thanks
Advertisement
KrAyZiE TRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 10:20 AM   #2
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Failed 27 Times in 5 Posts
you will have to pay on the new equipment there is no ways around that.

you can try taking the proof of refund to canada customs and see if you can get your money back for that
younglude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 10:32 AM   #3
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Failed 20 Times in 15 Posts
Only way to avoid duties is to buy gear made in north america. You'll still have to pay taxes when you import it back
Posted via RS Mobile
mickz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 12:54 PM   #4
Banned (ABWS)

Failed 17 Times in 10 Posts
Is it from the same store you bought the first one and was it an exchange? Or a completely separate purchase? I've done exchanges before crossing pt Roberts and showed the customs officer the return/exchange authorization and had no problems.
Jermyzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 10:09 PM   #5

Failed 1 Time in 1 Post
yea I bought some ccm gear from hockeymonkey but it oesn't fit me well so I'm gonna get something else.
I'm just worried since I'm exchanging for totally different gear so customs might think I'm buying a different set.
Does hockeymonkey provide a return invoice or anything that you can show customs?

Last edited by KrAyZiE TRD; 02-22-2010 at 10:43 PM.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:18 PM   #6
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
you could always try to sell it on RS or craigslist, since you probably bought it cheaper than CDN retail
FAWKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 11:33 PM   #7
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
I bought stuff and picked it up at Blaine just across the border, I went to Jack in the Box after and turn back around. At the border the guards asked where I went I said Jack in the Box and that was it. It only cost between $5-$10 to pick up stuff at one of the post office at Blaine
ewong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:21 PM   #8
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Failed 53 Times in 33 Posts
Sorta OT OP,

did they give you crap for ordering from Canada? my friend's having issues ordering from them even though they've done it before.
2005 Honda Jazz

BuySell Feedback
Quote:
"It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries... Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good ... They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time. "
Leopold Stotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:07 AM   #9

Failed 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopold Stotch View Post
Sorta OT OP,

did they give you crap for ordering from Canada? my friend's having issues ordering from them even though they've done it before.
Nope... but it's their policy to not ship certain brands to Canada so maybe that's why? But who cares.. That's what the US gets for making Pt. Roberts a tiny town in the middle of Canada

Some of the things I didn't like about their company were:
1. Sent me the wrong item
2. They charge Handling Fees
3. Return costs come out of your own pocket
Old 03-01-2010, 07:52 PM   #10
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Failed 53 Times in 33 Posts
^ yea that totally sucks, if they send you the wrong item why should you have to pay for it right? but i guess that's one of the downfalls of online shopping.

if you haven't sold it yet and they're say hockey pants

i might be interested i need new pants, and since you haven't worn them yet i'll see if they fit.
2005 Honda Jazz

BuySell Feedback
Quote:
"It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries... Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good ... They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time. "
Leopold Stotch is offline   Reply With Quote