REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 04-27-2010, 11:55 AM   #51
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Failed 159 Times in 63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange7 View Post
when they call you to harass you, you could just fuck with them.

Maybe start talking about the canucks or other random topics?
I just speak Chinese to them, ahhaha
Advertisement

How I wish I can remain ignorant, why do I know so much?
q0192837465 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-27-2010, 12:56 PM   #52
Banned (BBM)

Failed 1,106 Times in 390 Posts
^

nice

and what they say
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 09:27 AM   #53
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Failed 11 Times in 9 Posts
I got one from BCIT (Impark) on Saturday for $47...$57 if I don't pay within a week. If I don't pay, will interest build up on the ticket? Also, this is the first parking ticket I have ever received - will they harass me and tow my car if I park on their lots again (even if I do pay for parking)?

I realize that the general rule of thumb is to not pay if its a privately owned lot, but Impark is such a huge company that they control so many lots. To pay or not to pay?
neggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 04:12 PM   #54
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 3,098 Times in 733 Posts
Failed 703 Times in 219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by neggo View Post
I got one from BCIT (Impark) on Saturday for $47...$57 if I don't pay within a week. If I don't pay, will interest build up on the ticket? Also, this is the first parking ticket I have ever received - will they harass me and tow my car if I park on their lots again (even if I do pay for parking)?

I realize that the general rule of thumb is to not pay if its a privately owned lot, but Impark is such a huge company that they control so many lots. To pay or not to pay?
No interest will not build up on the ticket, they will just constantly call and harass you, and if that fails they pass the ticket on to a debt recollection agency.

If you get another ticket from Impark somewhere down the road and this outstanding ticket turns up they might tow your car. So as long as you pay for parking from now on you should be fine, as they won't find out.
hchang is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-26-2010, 11:35 AM   #55
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Failed 90 Times in 18 Posts
Just received a mail. Seems like impark forward my overdue $80 to a company called City Collection. Saying I have to pay within 10 days.

So my question is , Is this the City thing you guys refering to is called City Collection ? Or City Collection is pirvate debt collecting agency ?
BMW135i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 11:40 AM   #56
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
Failed 131 Times in 61 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW135i View Post
Just received a mail. Seems like impark forward my overdue $80 to a company called City Collection. Saying I have to pay within 10 days.

So my question is , Is this the City thing you guys refering to is called City Collection ? Or City Collection is pirvate debt collecting agency ?

wondering the same thing, I just got a City Collections thing in the mail today as well. This was from parking in an Imperial Parking lot around Metrotown.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:47 AM   #57
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Failed 159 Times in 63 Posts
Quote:

By City we mean the government. Tickets that are writted by law enforcements (speeding ticket, parking meter ticket) must be paid or they will make you life very miserable. There's no way around it.

My understanding is that City Collection is a private collection company and these are the guys we talk to in Chinese about the Canucks game when they ever call.

If u'r worried, pay ICBC $18 to get ur licence plate changed.

How I wish I can remain ignorant, why do I know so much?
q0192837465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 11:48 AM   #58
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Failed 90 Times in 18 Posts
I just compared the City Collection Company Ltd.'s address from the letter now and previously letter from Impark. They have the same P.O. Box same address and same tel number. This lead me to think is this called City Collection Company Ltd is Impark's own collection agency company.

Anyways thanks q0192837465 for the answers and info.

Last edited by BMW135i; 05-26-2010 at 11:56 AM.
BMW135i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 12:58 PM   #59
My homepage has been set to RS

Failed 84 Times in 48 Posts
If you get one at BCIT get someone elses ticket stub and say you paid, moved your car and you had it on your dash or something. Saying you forgot to put it on your dash might work but then you're also admitting mistake. Or you could say you put in the wrong stall number. Usually works. I've heard it's around the third ticket when they tow. Just change your license plate after 2.
ajax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 09:26 PM   #60
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 3,098 Times in 733 Posts
Failed 703 Times in 219 Posts
Quote:
I just compared the City Collection Company Ltd.'s address from the letter now and previously letter from Impark. They have the same P.O. Box same address and same tel number. This lead me to think is this called City Collection Company Ltd is Impark's own collection agency company.

Anyways thanks q0192837465 for the answers and info.
Yes, it's a private collections one, owned by Impark.

You might also get hassled or mailed by a company called Canada Credit or something, they're also private, so don't worry about them
hchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 03:22 AM   #61
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Failed 4,294,967,295 Times in 169 Posts
Fucking Diamond parking gave me the same thing.

Time to change plates next week ftw
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 03:56 AM   #62
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
Failed 765 Times in 247 Posts
they can not "fine" you for going on their private property. They can tow you though.

I've recieved 19 impark tickets on 1 specific lot. Just gotta park in a way they can't tow you.
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 01:21 PM   #63
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Failed 88 Times in 29 Posts
Parked at Metrotown and watched a movie and got a ticket from Diamond Parking.
I am going to change plates. Will they still harass me after I change plates?
Old 06-24-2010, 10:08 PM   #64
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Failed 153 Times in 41 Posts
I ran into the ticket guy at BCIT as I was leaving class earlier this month. I called out to him as I was walking to my car. I said with a smile, that he didn't have to leave a ticket on my windshield. I'll take it off his hands right now. Luckliy I got to him before he and printed the ticket. He asked me if I've ever been towed. I said no. He then proceeds to tell me there are 15 tickets on record for my plate, I could have just recieved #16. I told him i've been going to BCIT nightclasses for 3 years and i've never paid for parking. I've saved hundreds on dollars. Sometime I get tickets, sometimes I don't. The tickets mean nothing. I then asked him if he was going to call in a tow truck if I didn't show up. He then tells me this...

No, he can't call a tow truck because my car is parked on BCIT's property. The only person who can legally call a tow truck and remove my car is a BCIT employee. Impark is only paid by BCIT to monitor the parking. Impark has no authority to tow at BCIT. However, if I was ticketed at an Impark owned lot such as those downtown, because of the accumulated BCIT tickets I could be towed, but it would be up to the ticketers discrestion as they would have to wait for the tow truck if they called it in. Which is why sometimes the ticketer just issues the ticket, ignores the tow and continues on. This is also why I haven't been towed from BCIT

I don't know if his statement is true, but after the news of 15 tickets... I got a new plate earlier this week.
adambomb is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-24-2010, 11:08 PM   #65
14 dolla balla & Bradford Chow aint got nothing on me!

Failed 154 Times in 64 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
if you made a parking infraction on their lot, why not just pay up..it's usually under $40 iirc

if it's impark/easypark might as well, since there's a good chance you'll be parking on their lots again.
lol... cause a new plate is 18 bucks and all you need to do is drive to any insurance place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
I've always wondered about them threatening to go after your credit rating. After all, the ticket is only attached to the owner of the car, who wasn't necessarily the one who parked without purchasing a ticket. Can they even legally go after the owner (credit-wise) for something that they may not have necessarily even done?
Nope, i asked CIBC what my credit rating was, and you wouldn't believe the amount of tickets i have from Diamond Parking Security, UBC and SFU. They just keep telling you pay up or else XXXXXX will happen. They give up after a week or two. In fact they always use the same number, so if they know your cell, just set your cell to reject that call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabisashimi View Post
what if your license plate is 888-FUK. would you spend $18 dollars for new plate?
I doubt you have that plate, thats the first thing. Secondly my plate is ugly.
XtC-604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:53 AM   #66
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Failed 37 Times in 20 Posts
Wow. Well I didn't see a ticket on my windshield at BCIT and I parked on staff parking because it was the shortest distance for me to pick up a package that only took a few minutes. So I got a letter today from them and what I did was explain my situation and they lowered my ticket from $57 to $47 (the original) then down to $15 after I explained my situation. I paid $15 online and I rather pay this than get a new license or the original amount. Call them and just be nice.
yameen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 11:13 AM   #67
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Failed 4,294,967,295 Times in 169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TG View Post
I paid $15 online and I rather pay this than get a new license or the original amount. Call them and just be nice.
Well considering the cost of the ticket is less then getting a new plate I would hope you went with the cheaper option
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 07:40 AM   #68
RS controls my life!

Failed 142 Times in 45 Posts
can imperial park look up your personal address and phone number? i heard there was a privacy act that prevents them anymore due to harassing and also heard other cities they call you early in the morning
Old 07-02-2010, 08:09 AM   #69
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

Failed 2 Times in 2 Posts
Parking Tickets & Collections Agents

There is an easy way to get these people to stop calling.

According to the BUSINESS PRACTICES AND CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT;

(4) A collector must not continue to communicate with a debtor
(a) except in writing, if the debtor
(i) $has notified the collector to communicate in writing only, and
(ii) $has provided a mailing address at which the debtor may be contacted,

see this link: http://www.bclaws.ca/EPLibraries/bcl...eside/04002_09

Simply send the collections agency a fax stating you wish to be contacted by written correspondence ONLY and state the mailing address at which they can send mail to you. Provide your full name and be sure to clearly note what matter pertains to (i.e. parking ticket for license plate number ABC 123) sign the fax, and record the date you sent it. Keep the fax. You also need to send the same fax to the creditor (i.e. the parking lot company such as Diamond Parking).

Also, in the same fax, tell them you wish to dispute the ticket and all related charges in court. They wont take you to court because it's your word against theirs, they won't win. The cost of pursuing the matter in court far exceeds the sum they can hope to recover.

Lastly, a parking ticket and fine from a private parking lot WILL NOT and CAN NOT affect your credit rating. You did not borrow money from them and not pay it back. Parking tickets from the city or a government entity, however, is a different story.
baddabing is offline   Reply With Quote