REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 08-29-2010, 08:29 PM   #351
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Failed 76 Times in 23 Posts
good stuff today.. was hoping to see more benzes though
Advertisement
gearshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 08:30 PM   #352
not the mod you're looking for

Thanked 1,537 Times in 556 Posts
Failed 83 Times in 32 Posts
Soo.. Who had one of my delicious, warm, juicy wieners at the meet?
Posted via RS Mobile
FN-2199 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-29-2010, 08:32 PM   #353
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,341 Times in 842 Posts
Failed 207 Times in 86 Posts
Where was berz!!! I expected him to be painted green or something
Jgresch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 08:38 PM   #354
is best wrench

Thanked 1,208 Times in 272 Posts
Failed 190 Times in 33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgresch View Post
Where was berz!!! I expected him to be painted green or something
Maybe he already berz'ed out
monkeywrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 08:41 PM   #355
I bringith the lowerballerith

Failed 41 Times in 10 Posts
might be a dumb question but is the train horn legal in a car?
always been thinking about picking an air horn or something, the train horn is pretty intense!

1992 Black Acura Integra GS-R #470
kookoobird88 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-29-2010, 08:42 PM   #356
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
Failed 6 Times in 3 Posts
My 2 cents

I would like to give a big thank you to all the volunteers. Without you guys, there would have been no meet AT ALL. Raiden/morgan was superb on traffic duty as with all the volunteers that were involved. All others that stepped up to the plate and jumped right in to help without asking, i cannot and will not have enough words to express how thankful i am for all your help. Tommy/Niteraven as the ring leader could not have done a better job under the circumstances. Jace and Choo both did what i cannot do in my state after the car accident, my soul and spirit is willing, but my body and back cant.

Judging: I picked an independant single person to secretly go around counting up car groups. He after going back and counting twice, told me that BCMazda3 had edged out Vancouver Civics Club by a whopping couple cars. Now if he miss counted, then thats just how it is. He himself does not drive either car nor have a family member, or gf that drives one. As for best of show, his decision on the AE86 by SpeedSyndicate was of his decision. Neither choices had my bias opinion involved. I however will stand behind their decision.

Next year, give me more accurate numbers. In the final 12hrs prior to the meet, i had no less than 18 pm's in regards to number changes, different crews and clubs with the title "i know its last minute and pass the closing time BUT..."

If you didnt get back to me in the 3 months prior to the event, you werent gonna get much of a response from me. Sorry to all the crews that did try to come in early. The floor plan was good, but due to extra ppl showing, they overflowed the lot. My only contest to that is next year i need to find a venue big enough to fit 1000 cars, then and only then will everyone be satisfied!

Thank you all the vendors for coming out. This year, with a lot of back n forth phone tagging, i finally convinced PAS Mag to come out, and see first hand what a Revscene meet is like. No description can be said to explain what an RS meet is like. It must be seen first hand, and experienced. They brought along Yokohama (sold a lot of your tires when i was at advance) which had not heard much about revscene, as we dont openly advertise to the world of our presence. I hope they liked what they experienced. going from North to South, we had a lot of new firsts, and new shops come out showing their love for the scene. We had Brian Jessel Autohaus, making their very first appearance at a Revscene Summer Meet. They brought along RED BULL (THANK GOD!) which surprisingly go hand in hand with the car modding world (go figure!). Speed Syndicate making their first appearance as well, debuted boldly with their claim to fame, fastest CLS55 AMG in north america while not leaving their heart the racing world heritage with the fresh AE86. Vancouver Euros along with e90post came out to show euros are strong and alive. Blackmarkers rounds the lifestyles of the car scene with they street style clothing lines. TEAM Celica, ClubLexus, though small, still came out to show their loyalty! Gearheads, new to RS but not new to the scene came out in full strength with Evo 10s. It wouldnt be an RS meet without Blitzgear and RTR (resist the race) along side with us (HI KARLA!!!) Another 2 new to RS are Total Visage to keep ur car safe, and ECOWash and Flawless to keep ur car clean. Sounds Good put on the car audio competition with Team Shadow to bring out the audio side for our CAR SCENE. Your car might be fast, it might even look good, but u also need it to sound good to make it a true contender! Drive Hard, Toyo Tires and Rise Performance round off the vendors section with their sick rides that no one will ever understand the man hours involved in creating each piece of art.

Car Clubs! Big shout out goes to (in no particular order)
- BC Mr2, TypeR club, Evo Garage, SupraClub (2jz love!), Battle Garage, Nissan Infinity Club, BC Mazda3, Vancouver Civics Club, Club Lancer, NAOASDSDA crap! i can never remember your name cuz ive always called you guys the Scooby Club, Mk5's (volks wagen gee tee ai), dorikaze, accords, club RSX, Hyundai Tiburons, Acurazine (sorry guys for having to make u move, ill buy you guys a round if i run into u guys at a restaurant or a club or a bubble tea shop...

I probably missed a bunch of clubs, and ppl, and vendors, but its late, my back pain meds ran out a long time ago, and i gotta be at work by 7:30.

Nite y'all

oh yeah, hey, have you guys met mike, he's single u know...

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 08:43 PM   #357
Circle Stick Square Mod

Failed 21 Times in 13 Posts
RS meet. good but Tiring. i didnt see you Jgresch!! i wanted to talk to your about those couches LOL

PS. Hi Mike

91 240sx (Sold)
86 FC3S (Sold)
99 Civic

!Tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 08:48 PM   #358
RS Veteran

Thanked 11,373 Times in 4,662 Posts
Failed 436 Times in 279 Posts
He was waiting for you to ask him for his number the whole time you were at the RS booth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
based on my haircut, maybe
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 08:48 PM   #359
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Failed 7 Times in 4 Posts
Thanks !SG and everyone involved
http://i.imgur.com/98sur.jpg - http://i.imgur.com/kL24e.jpg - http://i.imgur.com/bo5jk.jpg
Joreus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 08:52 PM   #360
VAC Head Rotang Mod

Thanked 1,427 Times in 627 Posts
Failed 33 Times in 24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by !SG
My 2 cents

I would like to give a big thank you to all the volunteers. Without you guys, there would have been no meet AT ALL. Raiden/morgan was superb on traffic duty as with all the volunteers that were involved. All others that stepped up to the plate and jumped right in to help without asking, i cannot and will not have enough words to express how thankful i am for all your help. Tommy/Niteraven as the ring leader could not have done a better job under the circumstances. Jace and Choo both did what i cannot do in my state after the car accident, my soul and spirit is willing, but my body and back cant.

Judging: I picked an independant single person to secretly go around counting up car groups. He after going back and counting twice, told me that BCMazda3 had edged out Vancouver Civics Club by a whopping couple cars. Now if he miss counted, then thats just how it is. He himself does not drive either car nor have a family member, or gf that drives one. As for best of show, his decision on the AE86 by SpeedSyndicate was of his decision. Neither choices had my bias opinion involved. I however will stand behind their decision.

Next year, give me more accurate numbers. In the final 12hrs prior to the meet, i had no less than 18 pm's in regards to number changes, different crews and clubs with the title "i know its last minute and pass the closing time BUT..."

If you didnt get back to me in the 3 months prior to the event, you werent gonna get much of a response from me. Sorry to all the crews that did try to come in early. The floor plan was good, but due to extra ppl showing, they overflowed the lot. My only contest to that is next year i need to find a venue big enough to fit 1000 cars, then and only then will everyone be satisfied!

Thank you all the vendors for coming out. This year, with a lot of back n forth phone tagging, i finally convinced PAS Mag to come out, and see first hand what a Revscene meet is like. No description can be said to explain what an RS meet is like. It must be seen first hand, and experienced. They brought along Yokohama (sold a lot of your tires when i was at advance) which had not heard much about revscene, as we dont openly advertise to the world of our presence. I hope they liked what they experienced. going from North to South, we had a lot of new firsts, and new shops come out showing their love for the scene. We had Brian Jessel Autohaus, making their very first appearance at a Revscene Summer Meet. They brought along RED BULL (THANK GOD!) which surprisingly go hand in hand with the car modding world (go figure!). Speed Syndicate making their first appearance as well, debuted boldly with their claim to fame, fastest CLS55 AMG in north america while not leaving their heart the racing world heritage with the fresh AE86. Vancouver Euros along with e90post came out to show euros are strong and alive. Blackmarkers rounds the lifestyles of the car scene with they street style clothing lines. TEAM Celica, ClubLexus, though small, still came out to show their loyalty! Gearheads, new to RS but not new to the scene came out in full strength with Evo 10s. It wouldnt be an RS meet without Blitzgear and RTR (resist the race) along side with us (HI KARLA!!!) Another 2 new to RS are Total Visage to keep ur car safe, and ECOWash and Flawless to keep ur car clean. Sounds Good put on the car audio competition with Team Shadow to bring out the audio side for our CAR SCENE. Your car might be fast, it might even look good, but u also need it to sound good to make it a true contender! Drive Hard, Toyo Tires and Rise Performance round off the vendors section with their sick rides that no one will ever understand the man hours involved in creating each piece of art.

Car Clubs! Big shout out goes to (in no particular order)
- BC Mr2, TypeR club, Evo Garage, SupraClub (2jz love!), Battle Garage, Nissan Infinity Club, BC Mazda3, Vancouver Civics Club, Club Lancer, NAOASDSDA crap! i can never remember your name cuz ive always called you guys the Scooby Club, Mk5's (volks wagen gee tee ai), dorikaze, accords, club RSX, Hyundai Tiburons, Acurazine (sorry guys for having to make u move, ill buy you guys a round if i run into u guys at a restaurant or a club or a bubble tea shop...

I probably missed a bunch of clubs, and ppl, and vendors, but its late, my back pain meds ran out a long time ago, and i gotta be at work by 7:30.

Nite y'all

oh yeah, hey, have you guys met mike, he's single u know...

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Raid3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 08:54 PM   #361
I am Hook'd on RS

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks Revscene for holding another crazy successful meet!
Keiichi_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 08:59 PM   #362
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Failed 21 Times in 8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRomey View Post
Soo.. Who had one of my delicious, warm, juicy wieners at the meet?
Posted via RS Mobile
I made some juicy weiners too
Posted via RS Mobile
hc529 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-29-2010, 08:59 PM   #363
RS controls my life!

Failed 5 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted-ef-rex View Post
glad everyone liked my train horns ! rs meet rocked this year . looking forward to the next event !
when i was just about to cross the train tracks i heard your horn and thought a train was coming aha...i was like wtf wheres the train.
mas604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 09:16 PM   #364
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,101 Times in 351 Posts
Failed 29 Times in 18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joreus View Post
Had fun, good turn out. Favorite was the mazda with the huge trollface on the back, even if it was a mazda. Also, I'm happy nobody stole my oil cap.

One bad thing, though. Someone tipped our buddy's CBR in the back of the lot, snapped his clutch cable and scatched up his fairings, they stood it back up and left him to find out himself when trying to leave. Had to get it towed on a flatdeck.
Thanks! That's my car.

Brutal about your friend's bike. Were you the guys in the corner of the back lot waiting at the end? That's so shitty.

Kev
Old 08-29-2010, 09:19 PM   #365
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,101 Times in 351 Posts
Failed 29 Times in 18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenKare View Post
great meet only 1 thing ruined it the 2 dodge trucks.... everything else was great
Agreed. What a dumb fuck move to rip it through the lot near one of the tightest points in the parking lot. There were plenty of children and pets at the event, not to mention the the regular foot traffic moving from the back lot to the vendor lot.

Kev
Old 08-29-2010, 09:25 PM   #366
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,552 Times in 1,733 Posts
Failed 102 Times in 62 Posts
i think this is by far the best RS meet i've been to so far

thanks for all the hard work guys, truly appreciate it
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 09:31 PM   #367
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,109 Times in 299 Posts
Failed 192 Times in 41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Thanks! That's my car.

Brutal about your friend's bike. Were you the guys in the corner of the back lot waiting at the end? That's so shitty.

Kev
Yeah it really sucks... his clutch cable was torn so he can't put his bike in gear... not to mention his side mirror and fairings got damaged as well.
I'm sure someone had to have seen it when the bike was dropped.

Quote:
Agreed. What a dumb fuck move to rip it through the lot near one of the tightest points in the parking lot. There were plenty of children and pets at the event, not to mention the the regular foot traffic moving from the back lot to the vendor lot.

Kev
When we were lining up on No.5 before River Rd. to enter the lot, those two dumb fucks blasted past us, without stopping at the stop sign and sprayed debris and smoke all over our cars.

Other than those incidents the meet was pretty sweet! A LOT of nice and unique cars! I've also learned a lot about different cars by talking to other RS members.
124Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 10:05 PM   #368
:: Sells McLarens, Not tofu :okay: ::

Thanked 11,826 Times in 3,334 Posts
Failed 211 Times in 89 Posts
great meet.

a bigger lot like riverport would be nice next summer!

all was good besides those two diesel rams... blasted diesel everywhere.. jeez.

90' Honda EF Civic HB // 04' Honda Pilot Granite

- The Drinker of Many Many Coffees @ McLaren Vancouver
tofu1413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 10:26 PM   #369
Banned (ABWS)

Failed 3 Times in 3 Posts
attention wings cook guy. I did not snitch on you, it was the camera guy!!
Ranterok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 10:36 PM   #370
Director of RS Cares

Failed 107 Times in 22 Posts
To add to Shoei's graduation speech (LOLjk) I would like to thank everyone for their generous donations to the Vancouver Food Bank. It was really awesome to see all you guys take part in such a good cause and I will be forwarding all donations tomorrow morning. REVscene is all about giving back to those in need and on behalf of the staff here we can't thank you all enough.

Many cheers and lots of crayon love
Posted via RS Mobile
miss_crayon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 10:45 PM   #371
2 Wheel'd Mod

Failed 165 Times in 11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joreus View Post
Had fun, good turn out. Favorite was the mazda with the huge trollface on the back, even if it was a mazda. Also, I'm happy nobody stole my oil cap.

One bad thing, though. Someone tipped our buddy's CBR in the back of the lot, snapped his clutch cable and scatched up his fairings, they stood it back up and left him to find out himself when trying to leave. Had to get it towed on a flatdeck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 124Y View Post
Yeah it really sucks... his clutch cable was torn so he can't put his bike in gear... not to mention his side mirror and fairings got damaged as well.
I'm sure someone had to have seen it when the bike was dropped.

Quote:
Thanks! That's my car.

Kev

Thanks guys, and yeah that was us. If anyone has any info regarding the drop, please pm me or shoot me a text/call @ 778 999 6639. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
Henry
/)__)
-"--"-

http://www.revscene.net/forums/showt...hreadid=417820
!oHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 11:05 PM   #372
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Failed 100 Times in 15 Posts
Sick meet guys! and dammnnn i was on the rail way when u honked that fucking train horn, scared the shit outta me LOL i was thinking "my sparco seat aint gonna protect shit if it hits me LOL"

AND THANK YOU ECOWASH for washing my dirty ass car! ill be sure to hit up u guys every year be4 i head out for meets and anything like that!
-10 Fit
umpadupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 11:10 PM   #373
My homepage has been set to RS

Failed 107 Times in 27 Posts
T'was a good meet, looking forward to the spring meet
92 240sx - dd/project car
88 CRX - sold
98 DC2 - sold

Renting out pbm fender roller - pm for details.
satek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 11:16 PM   #374
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Failed 98 Times in 30 Posts
Quote:
glad everyone liked my train horns ! rs meet rocked this year . looking forward to the next event !

Fixed.
Old 08-29-2010, 11:28 PM   #375
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Failed 21 Times in 7 Posts
:
Quote:
Yeah I liked your train horn too. All my buddy's thought there was a real train coming since we are near the train tracks.

btw... I was the one high beaming and honking at ya tonight from river rock to bridgeport.

I gave you the I hope you didn't mistaken it as a middle finger.

Last edited by Drift_Monkey; 08-29-2010 at 11:52 PM.
Drift_Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote