REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > The Business and Financial Forum

The Business and Financial Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene Wall Street.
Consolidating debt? Good business tips? Buying stock? How's our economy doing? Discuss and share advice and tools on everyday banking, investing, wealth management and insurance.

Old 06-27-2010, 08:57 AM   #1
Banned By Establishment

Failed 229 Times in 16 Posts
personal bank loan

what's the best reason to ask for a personal loan at a bank???

currently i owe 12,000 in credit cards and i just recently got employed full-time 2 weeks ago

What would i need to bring with me?
Advertisement
mr85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 09:09 AM   #2
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
Failed 153 Times in 85 Posts
What's you reason for the loan?

You could say that you wanna consolidate your credit card debt.
Posted via RS Mobile
Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 10:44 AM   #3
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just tell banks it's for debt consolidation.
It might be a little tough if this is your first full time position. Normally financial institutions would need proof of income/employment letter indicating that you are NOT on probation as well.

if you are unable to get approved for a loan at one or two banks chances are you're likely unable to be approved for one elsewhere. If that's the case I would recommend against additional credit applications as multiple inquiries on your credit history within a short timespan will have a negative effect on your credit.

Best of luck!
giCe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 01:27 PM   #4
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,068 Times in 866 Posts
Failed 642 Times in 183 Posts
what to bring:

A reason written on paper as to why u need the loan

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 06:48 PM   #5
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Failed 26 Times in 9 Posts
might be better to get a line of credit.
Usually they can show you the rate for both.
TheSalesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 08:57 PM   #6
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Failed 9 Times in 4 Posts
qualifying for a line of credit is much more difficult then getting a repayment loan,
as an individual who has accumulated debt with "open credit" it will be unlikely to get a line of credit to consolidate these debts, in the end that's not helping you either. Open credit is a facility that you can spend and pay back and reuse the limit. Credit cards are easy to get becausse of the profitability of the product, providers get interest off carried balances and a 1 - 2% charge on the merchant for using the service.
Getting a line of credit although seems like an attractive option, in reality getting yourself a consolidation loan and paying out and CLOSING those credit cards are the best thing you can do for your financial future. This will allow you to set a budget to control future spending while improving your debt situation continuosly. One key thing is that with your limited job tenure and accumulated assets(?) most banks are currently unwilling to take on external debts. ie one bank giving you one lump sum loan to pay out mbna, td & canadian tire credit cards. Go in to your main bank where you have a relationship and see what they can do. Open credit is a great thing to have but must be utilized responsibly as interest only payments leave you running on a treadmill if you start to fall behind. good luck!
woooo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-28-2010, 10:15 PM   #7
HELP ME PLS!!!

Failed 208 Times in 42 Posts
"what to bring"

a co-signer...
johny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 06:43 PM   #8
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Failed 24 Times in 2 Posts
This is Joe_45 isn't it?

There is no best reason to get a loan. You'll have a better chance to get a loan if you have some sort of assets. More then likely you'll need a cosigner. Best bet would be to contact your bank directly.
aznrsx1979 is offline   Reply With Quote