REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 07-01-2010, 11:29 AM   #26
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
Failed 214 Times in 74 Posts
^^ Oh no you didn't!! I will change it to whatever epic crazy shit he does after winning again.

Berz out.
Advertisement
Old 07-01-2010, 11:39 AM   #27
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Failed 50 Times in 29 Posts
haha not all old guys

one of my buddy's dad is pretty old and he has both a 2009 Shelby GT500 and a 1974 De Tomaso Pantera and he usually will have a run with anyone that wants to have a go
Old 07-01-2010, 11:47 AM   #28
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
Failed 214 Times in 74 Posts
Wicked!! I talked so a guy at the tradex show a couple months back with a supercharged Sn95 stang who was saying he rolls from langley to hope and back lookin for people to run with haha he had to be in his 50's wouldn't call that an "exotic" though.

Berz out.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:53 AM   #29
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,814 Times in 957 Posts
Failed 715 Times in 210 Posts
Berz out.
flagella is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-01-2010, 11:53 AM   #30
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
Failed 64 Times in 27 Posts
Do you think guys like that ever drive their cars or are just now able to afford a dream car and just putt around town admiring themselves in the reflection of other cars passing them?

Yes...and that is a problem because..... ?

Do you picture yourself as one of those old guys with a fast car putting around? I have no idea what I'll be driving when I'm retired but I will tell you if it can go fast.... I'll be going fast.

Berz out.[/QUOTE]

I love my JCW MCs...I'm 62...so I resemble that remark I guess ?
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 01:20 PM   #31
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 2,532 Times in 446 Posts
Failed 358 Times in 70 Posts
lol @ OP
Grim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 01:48 PM   #32
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Failed 3 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
It's got nothing to do with street racing. My observation is that for the most part old guys with fast cars drive like pussies. As for the track days I can't see old guys ripping around on a track at all.

If you read my initial post I posted 2 questions at the bottom THAT is what the discussion is about NOT who will race me where and when.

Do you picture yourself as one of those old guys with a fast car putting around?

There is the question in case you missed it. I'm pretty sure I won't be driving an "exotic" car at that age... probably something comfortable but it's hard to say what cars will be like in another 30 years.

Berz out.
you should check out PDC then, whole bunch of olds guys that'll run laps around you and most of them drive exotics. However, that makes them really cocky and not pleasant to talk to.

edit:

this is what i'm talking about,

and I semi retract my previous statement, makes SOME of them really cocky which are coincidentally in the picture, there's a few that are absolutely awesome guys and very fast drivers.

Last edited by supman7; 07-01-2010 at 01:54 PM.
supman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 02:07 PM   #33
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Failed 20 Times in 9 Posts
I saw an old guy driving a purple viper out in white rock a week ago. I'd upload some pics but im new and its not working out for me.
AndM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 02:11 PM   #34
Banned (ABWS)

Failed 86 Times in 41 Posts
OP's a loser...
JiggaZed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-01-2010, 02:13 PM   #35
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Failed 356 Times in 87 Posts
Quote:
Ok so in the past 2 days I have being a doing a fair bit of driving and I have encountered 3 cars that I was looking forward to an encounter with... first one was a new Viper and as I pulled up beside I look over and its a guy I would say in his 70's. He was doing EXACTLY 80km/hr on the highway. He had to have had his cruise set. Gave him the ricer nod and he just looked forward and kept on his merry way going slower than every other car on the highway.

2nd was a WS6 Trans Am with Alaska plates and huge rubber on it had to be in the 300 width on the back, guy driving had to be in his 60's or up same thing doing 90 same thing ricer nod same reaction "Stare ahead do not acknowledge the ricer in the green civic"

Last was a Corvette, 60+ gave him a taste of the BOV and he just smiled and waved and carried on his merry slow way.

Do you think guys like that ever drive their cars or are just now able to afford a dream car and just putt around town admiring themselves in the reflection of other cars passing them?

Do you picture yourself as one of those old guys with a fast car putting around? I have no idea what I'll be driving when I'm retired but I will tell you if it can go fast.... I'll be going fast.

Berz out.
I'd rather be old and drive a supercar under the speed limit than be young and redline every gear in a pos civic. Just because someone is old and not an idiot speeder doesnt mean they cant buy something they desire and well deserve.
Old 07-01-2010, 02:14 PM   #36
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,859 Times in 254 Posts
Failed 69 Times in 11 Posts
Maybe they work all their life and finally they can properly afford their childhood dreams? But now there too old or gotten over the need for speed
JoshuaWong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:59 PM   #37
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Failed 3 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J____ View Post
I'd rather be old and drive a supercar under the speed limit than be young and redline every gear in a pos civic. Just because someone is old and not an idiot speeder doesnt mean they cant buy something they desire and well deserve.
+1
and to add to that, just because he has white hair (or is bald) and has an exotic and doesn't put the pedal to the metal all the time, doesn't mean he can't run laps around you on a different time and place.
moky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 08:39 PM   #38
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 5,613 Times in 1,255 Posts
Failed 1,578 Times in 359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by downhiller88 View Post
did he hav white hair? srt10 converible limegreen viper with black stripe? if it is hes a salesman at maple ridge chrysler where i worked and hes the biggest scammer 'ill fuck you over' guy ever
LOL yeah, man everyone says maple ridge chrysler salesmans are dicks, i dunno why and how the hell can he afford a viper by being a salesman
donjalapeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 08:44 PM   #39
I'll be good I promise.

Thanked 1,551 Times in 329 Posts
Failed 349 Times in 138 Posts
Kim Jong Un is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 09:48 PM   #40
Douchebag Lover

Failed 29 Times in 9 Posts
This can also apply to younger people too, especially if they're driving a nice car.
Dentz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:20 PM   #41
I bringith the lowerballerith

Failed 41 Times in 10 Posts
saw a older guy driving a ford gt downtown

1992 Black Acura Integra GS-R #470
kookoobird88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:03 PM   #42
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Failed 167 Times in 28 Posts
He's old and fast !
BEEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 09:21 PM   #43
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Failed 771 Times in 208 Posts
Can you imagine how stupid a guy in a Ferrari( or anything that costs multiple hondas) would feel if a cop busted him for streetracing? The fines and lawyer fees would buy him many hondas. Thus most older people see no need to waste time with ricers like yourself.
Quote:
Ok so in the past 2 days I have being a doing a fair bit of driving and I have encountered 3 cars that I was looking forward to an encounter with... first one was a new Viper and as I pulled up beside I look over and its a guy I would say in his 70's. He was doing EXACTLY 80km/hr on the highway. He had to have had his cruise set. Gave him the ricer nod and he just looked forward and kept on his merry way going slower than every other car on the highway.

2nd was a WS6 Trans Am with Alaska plates and huge rubber on it had to be in the 300 width on the back, guy driving had to be in his 60's or up same thing doing 90 same thing ricer nod same reaction "Stare ahead do not acknowledge the ricer in the green civic"

Last was a Corvette, 60+ gave him a taste of the BOV and he just smiled and waved and carried on his merry slow way.

Berz out.
Posted via RS Mobile
Death2Theft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 10:13 PM   #44
nns
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,843 Times in 553 Posts
Failed 185 Times in 67 Posts
Quote:
Gave him the ricer nod

Quote:
same thing ricer nod

Quote:
gave him a taste of the BOV

Quote:
Berz out.

The funny thing is the OP doesn't realize he answered his own question.
Old 07-03-2010, 12:42 AM   #45
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Failed 12 Times in 5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerbeta View Post
there was a 300zx yesterday in poco during the rush that i was playing with. he was pulling hard, but didn't expect my SER to keep with him for so long

in rush hour traffic? I think even bicycles can keep up.
Old 07-04-2010, 10:30 AM   #46
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Failed 533 Times in 187 Posts
I know a WS6 that'll probably play with you...
Old 07-06-2010, 10:16 AM   #47
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Failed 187 Times in 91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death2Theft View Post
Can you imagine how stupid a guy in a Ferrari( or anything that costs multiple hondas) would feel if a cop busted him for streetracing? The fines and lawyer fees would buy him many hondas. Thus most older people see no need to waste time with ricers like yourself.
You hit it, right there.

A couple years ago, I was involved in a wreck were a guy was chasing me on a mtn road, and he lost control wrecking his car. I stopped and pulled him out, and waited for emergency crews to arrive because we were far from civilization...

I had to talk with the fire chief, and a cop who arrived on scene, and the first thing they said was "were you street racing?". This entails a whole other level of responsibility for both parties. I know I'd be pretty pissed if I had my car taken away and was given a criminal record because some other cunt can't handle his car.

And that's the defining factor here, berz. I am very careful with who I run nowadays because of the liability involved. It never used to be this way, but like I said before, some cunts can't handle their cars. Like the fag who hit the cop in Richmond and left the country. Honestly, with assholes like this on the roads, I don't want to push my luck. I'd hate for someone else to ruin my life. I bet these guys are thinking the same thing. Why risk it to show a Honda how fast you are? It's a lose-lose situation for the exotic. If he wins, he beat a Honda. If he loses, he lost to a Honda. There's no honor in that.
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:31 AM   #48
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,835 Times in 987 Posts
Failed 178 Times in 60 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post
I had to talk with the fire chief, and a cop who arrived on scene, and the first thing they said was "were you street racing?". This entails a whole other level of responsibility for both parties. I know I'd be pretty pissed if I had my car taken away and was given a criminal record because some other cunt can't handle his car.
What did you say?
Old 07-06-2010, 10:49 AM   #49
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Failed 23 Times in 10 Posts
you gotta remember, at that age your reflexes and reactions aren't so great. plus you become a lot more "tame" as you grow older. bringing those cars to the limit will probably scare the shit outta those old men and give them a heart attack or something haha.

my dad is a good example. he used to be a hardcore street racer in the 70's, and drive like a maniac in the 80's too (240kph with me in the back seat anybody??). but nowadays he's so chill and he keeps telling me to slow down whenever he rides with me and I open up the throttle in my cars.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:05 AM   #50
Get Money, Get Paid

Thanked 1,264 Times in 262 Posts
Failed 55 Times in 19 Posts
he is old, has nothing to prove and doesn't give a fuck about you

he is your father
Volvoman is offline   Reply With Quote