REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 07-15-2010, 09:52 PM   #51
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,462 Times in 390 Posts
Failed 436 Times in 103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Renn.Sport View Post
god people on rs are fucking dumb these days.... actually like always

give support?? you a fucking life support or some shit? you got a jaws of life in the back of your trunk? the only support you are giving is creating a huge traffic jam that would cause emergancy vehicles longer to reach the scene of the accident

witness? don't be a fucking moralistic hero like everyone dumbfuck here tries to be one
did your mum throw you down the stairs as a baby or fuckstick?

your a fucking hypocrite you know that, I hope your Yaris is set on fire.
i'll laugh at you on my bycicle, yes a bicycle that is worth way more than your POS Yaris.
Advertisement
Quote:
I sold my Yaris 5 years ago, and seriously, IT IS better than your shit box civics. The mods I have for that car is probably worth more than your whole self-worth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joreus View Post
After spending some time reading through this thread, I now know how to give a killer blowjob. Thanks revscene.

2005 richmond transportation device
nack is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-15-2010, 10:00 PM   #52
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 1,357 Times in 508 Posts
Failed 229 Times in 105 Posts
hmmmmm all I can say now is.

..... in before FC!

• 2017 Alfa Romeo Giula Q4
  • 1999 Nissan Stagea 260RS 1 of 748
  • 1998 Nissan Laurel Medallion Club S drift boi
  • 1991 Lexus LS400 mint boi
  • 1989 Nissan S-Cargo cute boi
hk20000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 10:06 PM   #53
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
Failed 192 Times in 75 Posts
No FC, keep it clean, Hyde's taking a little vacation.
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-15-2010, 11:41 PM   #54
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Failed 192 Times in 78 Posts
HO SHIT
TRD Rs200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 12:55 AM   #55
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Failed 14 Times in 5 Posts
Holy shit that looked brutal as hell. Glad no fatalities.

And who is this RennSport fag? Seems like he leaves a trail of shit wherever he goes...
sleazyho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 07:13 AM   #56
Banned (BBM)

Failed 1,106 Times in 390 Posts
Quote:

give support?? you a fucking life support or some shit? you got a jaws of life in the back of your trunk? the only support you are giving is creating a huge traffic jam that would cause emergancy vehicles longer to reach the scene of the accident

witness? don't be a fucking moralistic hero like everyone dumbfuck here tries to be one

USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST

THX GOD I DONT HAVE TO READ ANYMORE OF THIS DUDE"S CRAP
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 03:32 AM   #57
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Failed 22 Times in 11 Posts
If I ever get involved in a serious car accident, I would prefer others to immediately call 911 and describe the location as accurately and as quickly as possible than to go out and check on me possibly endangering their life and mine.
observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 03:40 AM   #58
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,590 Times in 858 Posts
Failed 217 Times in 78 Posts
I'm pretty sure it's in the Learners handbook to pull over out of the way and call 911 immediately, and not to rush out only to be ran over by another guy zoomin' down the highway going 100km/h. Truck driver couldn't really pull over out of the way, and he did call 911.

He did what he was supposed to, its not like he's an EMT trained to save lives
Qmx323 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-17-2010, 12:27 PM   #59
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
Failed 111 Times in 57 Posts
is this the same kind of video recorder setup that they use in the buses in taiwan? is it required by law?

i tried to translate the news report that was posted up but it came up garbled... did it say in the last paragraph that they found the truck responsible for dropping the stuff the car hit?
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 12:46 PM   #60

Failed 36 Times in 10 Posts
Sorry everyone I'm going to have to agree somewhat with Renn or Hyde or whatever on this one. In my honest opinion pulling over on a 3 lane highway and trying to run across to help would be very unsafe for traffic and yourself. Your perspective is altered by the spacious 3 lane environment making the cars "seem" like they are farther away than usual, when they are actually able to catch up very quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamazoid View Post
Does it look like there's going to be anyone going high speed in the left lane? It's all blocked off by the truck already!
Where do you think the emergency crew parks when they arrive? Multiple firetrucks, ambulances, police cars will arrive on scene, they need space and they're going to tell you to bugger off. Really, what purpose would you serve in an accident of this magnitude? Call 911, and let the professionals do their job.

Talking about how Renn is an idiot or retarded, and boasting that "I would have pulled over and helped" is plain retarded. What? You think you're a good person now because you would have done something different in a situation that has already happened? Please cut the shit.

Think about it for a second. If a massive accident like this happened, and a person happened to drive by what would the average person be doing? Looking in awe from all the destruction right? So do you think they would pay attention to you trying to cross 3 lanes on a highway? Would they be expecting a random person to be on the highway? Don't cause more confusion and havoc as there already is. If some dumbass runs into your ride or you because he is paying attention to the crash and not the road, what happens then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dentz View Post
Talk to the person, act as a witness, moral support to those of who are conscious? But really who gives a shit - it doesn't involve you so why would you care.
Talk to them about what? Moral support? If you had an engine block stuck on top of your leg with a broken femur, bleeding out like a garden hose, would you feel that much better if a random citizen came over to watch you suffering? "Police are on there way, it's going to be okay" Yay, that makes me feel much better..... I much rather hope that someone had called 911. If you cared enough to call 911, that would be the best thing in this situation.

And how would you know beyond a reasonable doubt that the tire blew out? From 1000m out, it could have just seemed like the car driver lost control and swerved into the truck, and therefore your statement couldn't be further away from the truth, and screwing the car driver's insurance, etc. I've gotten screwed over by some guy who "witnessed" the accident I was in. Totally altered the story, and fucked me over, only because the other driver got to him first.

If you ever witness such an accident on a highway, there is no need to pull over and endanger everyone else's life and yours, and you can simply call ICBC and tell them you witnessed an accident. Of course this is for BC, but I'm sure the same procedure is available in TW. How would you even tell someone who's incased by steel and debris from the car that you'll be a witness for him? Slip your card into his pocket?

From ICBC website:
Quote:
Fraud tips and witness reports
Have you witnessed an accident? Use our witness information form or call our Witness/Tips line.
Please let us know by calling our confidential Witness/TIPS Line:
Lower Mainland: 604-661-6844
Elsewhere in B.C., Canada and the U.S.: 1-800-661-6844
I've personally driven behind a pickup truck who took the on ramp onto No. 1 from Willingdon too quickly and flipped it into a ditch at 2am. Honestly, it happened so fast that I never knew how it happened, he could be drunk, he could have tried to dodge an animal, but the important thing was just to CALL 911. I already passed him when he ended up in the ditch. I called 911 and told them what happened, but I was curious to what happened to the guy so I headed back and when I arrived an ambulance was already on the scene and attending to the driver. The paramedic asked me if I was the one who called it in and just said thanks and told me to be on my way. I cared for the driver, I called 911 right away, but what more could I have really done?

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for supporting average joes running into a burning home and rescuing a baby. But given the situation stopping on a highway where cars are doing 80+ km/hr to help an accident that left a car like a crushed soda can is just out right stupid. You have the number for the police, and you have the number for ICBC to act as a witness. Theres nothing more you can do.

feedback
http://www.revscene.net/forums/showt...ighlight=noizz

Last edited by Noizz; 07-17-2010 at 01:04 PM.
Noizz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-17-2010, 01:59 PM   #61
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,825 Times in 523 Posts
Failed 276 Times in 88 Posts
Quote:

USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST

Please go back to talking about your exotics and private helicopter rides you dumb fuck.
hotong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 02:56 PM   #62
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Failed 98 Times in 51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noizz View Post
Talk to them about what? Moral support? If you had an engine block stuck on top of your leg with a broken femur, bleeding out like a garden hose, would you feel that much better if a random citizen came over to watch you suffering? "Police are on there way, it's going to be okay" Yay, that makes me feel much better..... I much rather hope that someone had called 911. If you cared enough to call 911, that would be the best thing in this situation.
While I do agree with you for the most part, I'm also going to have to disagree somewhat. When I got into my accident a few years back, I was unable to get out of the car due to the cabin twisting in such a manner that didn't allow for the doors to open, and I couldn't power on my electric windows. I didn't have anything in the car capable of breaking the window, not that I was in much physical shape to try and break 'em. No one stopped for a good five minutes, until one guy finally did and smashed a window open for me. The one thing that kept going through my head was that if the car was on fire, I was essentially trapped inside with no way out. I also had no way of knowing if someone had called 911 on my behalf. At least if someone stopped, they could tell me that someone is on their way to help me, and if the car was indeed on fire, it's possible they might have been able to help get me out.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 03:29 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
No one stopped for a good five minutes, until one guy finally did and smashed a window open for me. The one thing that kept going through my head was that if the car was on fire, I was essentially trapped inside with no way out. I also had no way of knowing if someone had called 911 on my behalf. At least if someone stopped, they could tell me that someone is on their way to help me, and if the car was indeed on fire, it's possible they might have been able to help get me out.
Was the accident on the highway? I'm not a heartless man, but its hard to deal with different situations I guess? In your case, yes of course pulling over to smash the window before the fire gets you is 100% correct given that the bystander indeed saw you conscious and trying to escape your car.

And it would be 100% correct to help a fellow citizen if he/she drove their car into a lake. My last argument is specific to the environment in which the accident happened. It would be foolish to help in a fast, unpredictable environment like a highway. Otherwise, if you believe that the outcome is greater than the sum of your efforts, then by all means you should do whatever it is that you can do to help. But lets just specifically isolate it to the OP's post, there is really nothing a common citizen could do.

If you are able to do something helpful without risking your own life and others then by all means go for it. Lomac, I hoped in your case someone did actually call 911 when you were stuck in the car. You'll have to trust that our human race could at the very least call 911 when they see an accident.

feedback
This post thanked by:
Old 07-17-2010, 03:46 PM   #64
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Failed 98 Times in 51 Posts
Quote:
Was the accident on the highway? I'm not a heartless man, but its hard to deal with different situations I guess? In your case, yes of course pulling over to smash the window before the fire gets you is 100% correct given that the bystander indeed saw you conscious and trying to escape your car.
Yeah, it was on Hwy 1, during a snow storm. Got run off the road by a drunk driver and hit one of those concrete overpass supports after my car lost traction in a patch of slush.

Don't get me wrong; from an outside perspective, I can understand why people wouldn't want to stop. But when you're trapped inside a car, it's hard to think why people aren't stopping.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 07:15 PM   #65
Banned By Establishment

Failed 115 Times in 24 Posts
Damn, I thought the driver was dead after that
racerman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 07:15 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
Don't get me wrong; from an outside perspective, I can understand why people wouldn't want to stop. But when you're trapped inside a car, it's hard to think why people aren't stopping.
Well thankfully someone did pull over and help you, it just took them 5 min to do so A lot of people where probably scared to stop if it was during a snow storm, but I wonder if they would care enough to call 911 for you. Thats the least they could do.

feedback
Old 07-18-2010, 12:26 AM   #67
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 4,518 Times in 691 Posts
Failed 298 Times in 88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokemon View Post
Luckily no one is killed in this accident....
Do you know for sure? That looked pretty bad...hopefully no one died
1992 Nissan President Sovereign, Black
1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R, Black
1989 Nissan Skyline GTS-4, Black
1986 Porsche 944, Black
SpartanAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 02:34 AM   #68
Banned By Establishment

Failed 450 Times in 132 Posts
I almost wonder what people would say if Hyde didn't say that.

I mean, two really respectable members just totally agreed with him (or at least 90%) of his point, and his posts were in no way out of place.

Oh well... don't care... he is pretty right about RS sometimes
Shun Izaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 08:23 AM   #69
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,522 Times in 1,717 Posts
Failed 101 Times in 61 Posts
holy shit that looked bad. can't believe the driver lived!
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 08:44 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shun Izaki View Post
I almost wonder what people would say if Hyde didn't say that.

I mean, two really respectable members just totally agreed with him (or at least 90%) of his point, and his posts were in no way out of place.

Oh well... don't care... he is pretty right about RS sometimes
I believe for the most part, most members here just follow what other members have to say and they agree upon what the social norm is in RS in order to "fit-in" or save face. They don't have their own opinion because they are scared to get flamed/failed.

But if people sat down to think before they said, voiced their own opinions rather than following other's, have valid arguments without excessive arrogance, then RS would be a very logical and respectable forum. I'm not saying that it isn't right now, but there is room for improvement.

IMO, banning Hyde/Renn was a bit too much. He has a valid argument, but he just doesn't know how to explain his opinion in a mature manner. Put yourself in his shoes, if the whole thread was flaming him about how he is jerk, you might be quick to get aggressive very fast. If he was able to control his emotions and explained how I explained my opinion about the matter, there would have been much less quarrel.

I had a mature discussion with Lomac after my post, and thats how it should be. I don't know of Hyde/Renn's past here at RS, but I am not going to judge him by what he has done in the past like many new 2006+ members have. I don't need to bring up the past or bring irrelevant information about his past in order to conjure an argument against him. Use logic and voice your own opinion, don't turn it into a shit storm.

You have to love Hyde/Renn though, at least he still speaks from his heart and has his own opinion. Where would RS be if there weren't a few out-of-this-world members?

feedback

Last edited by Noizz; 07-18-2010 at 10:50 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-19-2010, 01:34 AM   #71
Banned By Establishment

Failed 450 Times in 132 Posts
Quote:
I believe for the most part, most members here just follow what other members have to say and they agree upon what the social norm is in RS in order to "fit-in" or save face. They don't have their own opinion because they are scared to get flamed/failed.

But if people sat down to think before they said, voiced their own opinions rather than following other's, have valid arguments without excessive arrogance, then RS would be a very logical and respectable forum. I'm not saying that it isn't right now, but there is room for improvement.

IMO, banning Hyde/Renn was a bit too much. He has a valid argument, but he just doesn't know how to explain his opinion in a mature manner. Put yourself in his shoes, if the whole thread was flaming him about how he is jerk, you might be quick to get aggressive very fast. If he was able to control his emotions and explained how I explained my opinion about the matter, there would have been much less quarrel.

I had a mature discussion with Lomac after my post, and thats how it should be. I don't know of Hyde/Renn's past here at RS, but I am not going to judge him by what he has done in the past like many new 2006+ members have. I don't need to bring up the past or bring irrelevant information about his past in order to conjure an argument against him. Use logic and voice your own opinion, don't turn it into a shit storm.

You have to love Hyde/Renn though, at least he still speaks from his heart and has his own opinion. Where would RS be if there weren't a few out-of-this-world members?
That's why i've said it before, and i'll say it again.

Hyde > 98% of RSers. For someone who actually has met, and KNOWS him in person... he's a pretty stand-up guy compared to alotta the "hey, i'mma meet you once, and then proceed to bash you" or "i've never met you, but my friend's brother's uncle thinks your dumb, so I shall as well!"

That being said Vancouver's a buncha bandwagoners, not just on RS... it's the mentality here... be it people who watch 'nucks and don't even know what our goalie's name is (i personally could give a shit less) or olympic this and that... I mean... sure, it's exciting, and it's awesome to cheer for what you love. But don't cheer for stuff you don't.

That's like me going to a rotary meet and saying they're the BEST cars ever, because i'll get beat up by angry white guys if i don't... i'll still speak my mind, though on a slightly less offenseive tone... hell I'm great friends with many rotary owners, and I've owned one myself... still don't like'm.

Having an opinion is difficult, but ask any racer, any REAL racer, it don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile. Winning's winning.

(i think i got kinda sidetracked... but yeah)
Shun Izaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:37 AM   #72
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
Failed 153 Times in 85 Posts
holy shit!

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:58 PM   #73
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 5,613 Times in 1,255 Posts
Failed 1,578 Times in 359 Posts
scary as hellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
donjalapeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:49 PM   #74
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Failed 1 Time in 1 Post
Spartanair: yea, i am pretty sure the guy's alive as I saw the original video with explaination to what had happened instead of the video posted by the OP.

There are way more videos on youtube if you search for them....apparently a lot more people in Taiwan is using those in car camcorders now. I am also considering one for my car as well since there are too many dumb ass drivers and scooters in Taiwan.

By the way, as to stop and help someone in an accident, I would think really carefully before actually doing it. Too many stories about people getting screwed over when they stop to help. Basically, they would get blamed for causing the accident even if the moron fell off his bike by himself. When that happens, you better wish you have some sort of in car camcorder or the intersection got cameras.
Tokemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:28 PM   #75
regulator

Failed 93 Times in 44 Posts
lol @ the taiwanese elevator music that comes on after the crash
jigga250 is offline   Reply With Quote