REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > The John Norwich Riders Corner

The John Norwich Riders Corner In honour of our fellow moderator: John Norwich R.I.P. September 17th, 2014
Buy, sell, trade bikes and gear, set up bike rallies, meet discussions. #revscenebikes

Old 07-26-2010, 09:07 PM   #1
My bookmarks are Reddit and REVscene, in that order

Thanked 13,465 Times in 1,814 Posts
Failed 1,625 Times in 307 Posts
New Tires?

I've got a little Aprilia SR50 R Factory and I just started riding in January.

At first I was terrified on the roads (omg, no walls). But soon it got quite fun. I've had a low-speed lowside once and blew through my cheapy gloves and got a bit of roadrash out of it.I'm a lot more careful wherever I go now.
I'm ride fullface, short gloves, and padded leather RS Taichi jacket.
I'll be swapping back to padded jeans once it cools down a little bit.

I'm considering swapping it out for some better tires.

I've done a bit of research and I think Michelin Pilot Sport SC is probably the best tire out there (for my size).

$43 USD ~ 130/60P-13 Front
$48 USD ~ 140/60P-13 Rear
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...Rear-Tire.aspx

Before I pull the trigger for these online, I'm just wondering if you know if there's a cheaper local alternative? (Being green and all).
I'm going to have to get these mounted as well, so cost for that will figure in too.

As for mounting, obviously some shops will have a bit more care doing it than others.
Do you guys have any experience with who's reliable for doing it?

I'm assuming you're going to tell me to stay away from co-ops like MotoMethod?

thanks so much guys!!!
Advertisement
Old 07-26-2010, 09:21 PM   #2
RS Veteran

Thanked 11,373 Times in 4,662 Posts
Failed 436 Times in 279 Posts
The Michelin Pilot's are an excellent tire.

I alawys get the guys at Scooter Hive do my work. You can try to hit them up for prices on tires but they are a small and independant shop where a slight markup is necessary to offset operational costs. But otherwise mounting can be done by both Tim and Christian @ the Hive. They're cool with you bringing in the tires yourself for them to mount.I only trust my Vespas with these two guys. Your other option would be at the Urban Wasp. Will is a great mechanic and will definitely take care of you just as good. Call either shops before you head down there!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
based on my haircut, maybe
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote