REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 09-06-2010, 03:44 AM   #26
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,109 Times in 299 Posts
Failed 192 Times in 41 Posts
lol did this happen after we left Bubbleworld?
Advertisement
124Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 07:50 AM   #27
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Failed 21 Times in 8 Posts
Hahahha it happened yesterday @ the cruise, some old white dude honked @ jv6, jeremy_888, and hchang for driving slow into a construction area (probably a good half inch - one inch drop into grooved pavement)
Posted via RS Mobile
hc529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 09:28 AM   #28
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Failed 100 Times in 15 Posts
i saw an old person arguing wif the parking guy at metro town cuz he "forgot" this handicap sign at home today. and the parking guy was like "i see u park here everyday with out the sign, for a good 4-6hours and come down wif tim ho. Metro town parking is only 4hours. Here are two tickets" LOLL
-10 Fit
umpadupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:11 AM   #29
I STILL don't get it

Failed 24 Times in 9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 124Y View Post
lol did this happen after we left Bubbleworld?
nono Ray.. it was couple days earlier..
Evolutionian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:12 AM   #30
Banned (BBM)

Failed 1,106 Times in 390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alby View Post
funniest thing i saw yesterday.

i was leaving my in-laws place around 49th and victoria. this was heading westbound. car on the left lane was an old man driving a cavelier and an undercover cop on the right lane. light turns green and the cop guns the car. guess what? the old man guns his car too and does not let the undercover cop merge after crossing victoria. next thing you know the cop car slowed down and let the old man go ahead then turns on the siren and pulls him over.
fucking street racers
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:53 AM   #31
I STILL don't get it

roads close pizza boy, find another way home
This post thanked by:
Old 09-07-2010, 10:00 AM   #32
Prince of the Apes

Thanked 3,046 Times in 672 Posts
Failed 1,163 Times in 238 Posts
I think once you hit 50 years you should have to re-do your license exam, I dont care how good of a driver you are, 50 is pretty much the start of your retirement life.
bloodmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:23 AM   #33
Banned (BBM)

Failed 1,106 Times in 390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolutionian View Post
roads close pizza boy, find another way home
i shall grant you, your very FIRST thank you
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 03:30 PM   #34
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Failed 121 Times in 27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolutionian View Post
.... wait for a bus to leave is a minute of your time..
haha .. because you have to understand one thing, a minute of your time means alot to him, considered what he's left, every second counts... and the way he drives, his time just become so much shorter ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL9000 View Post
this is the internet and everyone knows better about what happened sitting behind a desk than the people who are actually involved.
buddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 03:40 PM   #35
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy View Post
haha .. because you have to understand one thing, a minute of your time means alot to him, considered what he's left, every second counts... and the way he drives, his time just become so much shorter ...
LOL good thing i was on shift and wearing my suit.. otherwise he would have been... ehem.. cough cough cough
Old 09-07-2010, 08:15 PM   #36
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
I had the same experience too... alotta people on the road are impatient all the time..

just ignore them... safety is your first concern

making a left turn when in doubt is like gambling.... either a successful left turn OR a total loss.....
vanny_david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:30 PM   #37
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,846 Times in 3,913 Posts
Failed 881 Times in 421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alby View Post
funniest thing i saw yesterday.

i was leaving my in-laws place around 49th and victoria. this was heading westbound. car on the left lane was an old man driving a cavelier and an undercover cop on the right lane. light turns green and the cop guns the car. guess what? the old man guns his car too and does not let the undercover cop merge after crossing victoria. next thing you know the cop car slowed down and let the old man go ahead then turns on the siren and pulls him over.
the police is a hypocrite if they were both 'gunning it'...i'm pretty sure a lack of courtesy of the road does not equate to being unlawful.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 10:06 AM   #38
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Failed 132 Times in 38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNR32_Coupe View Post
that's cause old asian farts FUCK UP all the time! plus, if you're an old asian fart, you've likely lived in china for the longest time, then immigrated over to canada after half your life has passed by (lets not talk about the railroad immigrants) so coming from a background that's used to busy as hell streets with scooters, bicycles, and cars all cluster fuckign each other, then as an old asian fart, you can begin to appreciate the organization that canada's transportation infrastructure and road etiquette has.

to top it off, put yourself in the old white farts shoes. you lived in this place your entire life. you have pride in your home, but the more you see new things come in, (such as newer generations, newer trends, new immigrants with unfamiliar styles), the more you see what you're used to being taken away. Also, in order to justify the cause of all the bad things thats happening, you associate it with things youre not used to, such as all these new things coming in.

This should be basic logic dude sorry to shit on your thread but it should be obvious why we've always had to respect old people in the past and should always do so. You'll be a grumpy old fart one day that can't adapt to new technologies, and in bitterness of your age, you resort to taking your frustrations out for the most minuscule things. You may think "naww i won't ever end up like that" right now but when you're living off pension, and going for walks is the highlight of your weekend, you'll be that guy
no freaking way i am going to become an old fart like that. I'll be welcoming all the new changes, get hands on some shitty iphone 40G or something, driving a smart car that fires laser to destroy all bad drivers in front of me.
Not everyone wants to live in a shell and refuse to move forward. If i am too old for all this technology, I will just stay home and have cyber sex on my 4D TV with my cyber dick
Old 09-13-2010, 12:09 PM   #39
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Failed 66 Times in 2 Posts
Old People Driving

Hey REVsceners
Im quite new to the forums.... anyways back on topic. So i was driving to SFU today and there was an old woman driving on the lane to the left of my car. She wanted to right turn to pass a truck but she does not even bother checkin her mirrors or doe she check her blind spot. It was like she owned the whole road. So she swerves over to the right lane nearly hitting my car, but good thing I braked in time. Anyways she continues forward driving in the middle of 2 lanes. I know there are many debates on whether old people should keep their license, but this was way over the line.. anyone else have similiar experiences?
korroke is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-13-2010, 12:22 PM   #40
Banned (ABWS)

Failed 86 Times in 41 Posts
http://www.revscene.net/forums/whats...e-t624014.html
JiggaZed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:16 PM   #41
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Failed 66 Times in 2 Posts
thx for directin me mods can close this thread
korroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:30 PM   #42
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,814 Times in 957 Posts
Failed 715 Times in 210 Posts
flagella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:57 PM   #43

Failed 9 Times in 5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by korroke View Post
thx for directin me mods can close this thread
I combined your thread with this existing one, so you wouldn't lose your post.

I agree, there should be some kind of system to make sure old people are still able to operate their cars safely!

When I was in highschool, I watched an old man get into his car, put on his seatbelt, and floor it out of his parking stall in reverse right through the front of a 7-11, then he sat there looking straight ahead with his car still running, not a clue in the world, like he thought he was just doing his online banking or something.

REVscene.net - Vancouver's #1 Automotive Forum and Classified's Site!

Interested in advertising with REVSCENE? Join our roster of Brian Jessel BMW, EBISU Robson, Blitz Gear, Soundworks, and dozens of the Lower Mainlands BUSIEST and most SUCCESSFUL small and medium businesses! Let us take you to the next level with our Incredibly affordable and effective packages Advertisement@revscene.net
CanadaGoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 02:26 PM   #44
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by E N D L E S S View Post
I combined your thread with this existing one, so you wouldn't lose your post.

I agree, there should be some kind of system to make sure old people are still able to operate their cars safely!

When I was in highschool, I watched an old man get into his car, put on his seatbelt, and floor it out of his parking stall in reverse right through the front of a 7-11, then he sat there looking straight ahead with his car still running, not a clue in the world, like he thought he was just doing his online banking or something.
remember there were this incident, a old woman launching her car into star bucks?