REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 09:47 AM   #76
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,532 Times in 1,722 Posts
Failed 101 Times in 61 Posts
you know what's equally annoying?

people who take the open lane (any open lane) and DON'T SPEED UP. i can understand being in city traffic and not always being able to keep right. but for god's sake, if you take an open lane SPEED THE FUCK UP. i HATE IT when people take the open lane simply because "i don't want to be behind someone".

Advertisement
Spoiler!
Old 09-22-2010, 10:00 AM   #77
Rider

Thanked 2,081 Times in 532 Posts
Failed 439 Times in 100 Posts
^yess this is annoying

i also find it funny when some1 is tailgating you because your not on the persons ass in front of you when your doing 110 and your 2 car lengths behind them...hmm i wonder why i keep a distance??
Old 09-22-2010, 11:26 AM   #78
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,814 Times in 957 Posts
Failed 715 Times in 210 Posts
gtfo from the street, and from the forum.
Old 09-22-2010, 02:27 PM   #79
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Failed 12 Times in 8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdoh View Post
^yess this is annoying

i also find it funny when some1 is tailgating you because your not on the persons ass in front of you when your doing 110 and your 2 car lengths behind them...hmm i wonder why i keep a distance??
In these situations, I scoot over to the right side of the lane to show there is no more room to move up. If he still doesn't get the point, I blip the brakes a couple of times.

If he still wants to be Captain Oblivious, he obviously wants to taste my asshole.

If cats always land on their feet, and toast always lands butter side down, what would happen if you strapped burnt toast to the back of a cat and dropped it?
Old 09-22-2010, 03:59 PM   #80
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Failed 533 Times in 187 Posts
I don't keep right in the city usually, unless it's a weird exception of long road in the middle of nowhere.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:04 PM   #81

Thanked 1,561 Times in 514 Posts
Failed 60 Times in 33 Posts
In the city i keep way right becuase everyone always want to keep left..

Current:
2006 Honda Fourtrax Rancher 400cc ATV (Offroad trails + Winter Snow Plow)
1995 Toyota Tacoma (Toy Hauler)
2003 Honda Civic SIR (Daily Beater)
2018 KTM 390 Duke (Gas Saver)
2017 Subaru WRX Sport-Tech + STI 6MT (Weekend Track)

Past:
2014 Honda Grom
1971 MG MGB Tourer
Kayo MR125 Race Bike
2001 Honda Odyssey
2009 Toyota Corolla CE
2007 Honda Ruckus
2007 Husqvarna SM610 SuperMoto
2001 Honda S2000
Old 09-22-2010, 04:13 PM   #82
HDT
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by samkyupsal View Post
i know its for passing but if the person on the left is going at 90km/h technically hes using the lane to constantly pass everyone on the right lane because thats the fastest legal speed one can go. and no one else should pass that car because it would be illeagal to do so(going over 90). yes i know its illegal to stay left in the first place.
I have never been on a road highway or city, right or left lane that drivers were doing exactly posted limits. EVER. so STAY to the RIGHT
Old 09-22-2010, 08:38 PM   #83
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,598 Times in 4,324 Posts
Failed 284 Times in 130 Posts
I haven't seen it posted yet but it's also illegal to pass on the right. If someone is in the left lane, when the right is open, they're facilitating an illegal pass by blocking.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
Old 09-22-2010, 08:47 PM   #84
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Failed 1,848 Times in 413 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliptuner View Post
I haven't seen it posted yet but it's also illegal to pass on the right. If someone is in the left lane, when the right is open, they're facilitating an illegal pass by blocking.
This is not correct.

Quote:
Passing on right
158 (1) The driver of a vehicle must not cause or permit the vehicle to overtake and pass on the right of another vehicle, except

(a) when the vehicle overtaken is making a left turn or its driver has signalled his or her intention to make a left turn,

(b) when on a laned roadway there is one or more than one unobstructed lane on the side of the roadway on which the driver is permitted to drive, or

(c) on a one way street or a highway on which traffic is restricted to one direction of movement, where the roadway is free from obstructions and is of sufficient width for 2 or more lanes of moving vehicles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
This post thanked by:
Old 09-22-2010, 09:19 PM   #85

Guess that's just what I've always been taught/practiced if possible, since it's safer to pass on the left.

fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol

RSUV #7
Old 09-22-2010, 09:59 PM   #86

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Failed 533 Times in 187 Posts
In the states isn't it illegal to pass on the right? I know i've "heard" that a few times. Even watched a gumball vid where a guy was passing a semi on the right and the semi swerved to hit him and the cop said it's his fault cuz he was passing on the right?

Mind you, he could have been passing on the shoulder for all I know. Those Gumball kids to that from time to time.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:49 PM   #87
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
Failed 1,234 Times in 307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDT View Post
I have never been on a road highway or city, right or left lane that drivers were doing exactly posted limits. EVER. so STAY to the RIGHT
i have no clue as to WTF you are saying.. my head hurt just trying to read it...
Old 09-23-2010, 12:31 AM   #88
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed

Failed 252 Times in 10 Posts
the intention of the left laner is not to block other drivers but to just be at his comfort.
say if the right lane is going 80km/h and the limit is 90Km/h and the left laner only feels safe only up to a speed of 90km/h and wnats to be at the speed and it can only be accomplished in the left lane.
Why should lawbreaker move for lawbreaker?
u guys say speeders dont piss off people? what abotu the popo. im sure they would be more pissed at speeders then left laners. from what ive seen on hwy 1, popos dont even care for left laners.
what abotu the people in the hov lane wanting to change lanes but cant cuz of speeders!

and i know its gonna lead to no where
but when have u guys ever experienced a true 100% everyone keep right situation on hwy 1? never. EVER.

irrelavent
anotehr annoying thing is when some people change to a right clear lane at the red light of an intersection. and i just happen to be the 2nd car wanting to make a right turn.
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-23-2010, 12:37 AM   #89
Banned (ABWS)

Failed 86 Times in 41 Posts
Quote:
the intention of the left laner is not to block other drivers but to just be at his comfort.
say if the right lane is going 80km/h and the limit is 90Km/h and the left laner only feels safe only up to a speed of 90km/h and wnats to be at the speed and it can only be accomplished in the left lane.

Okay, then be in the right lane...go 90km/h, once u reach a car or a group of cars, switch into the left lane, pass this car/group of cars, once you have done so, move into the right lane. If the group in the right lane that you are passing is a large group, switch into the left lane, however, when you see another vehicle closing in on you in your rearview mirror (which you are checking frequently), you turn your right turn signal, and simply switch back into the right lane until this vehicle has driven by, at which point you may now switch back into the right lane and continue passing the vehicles that are in the right lane which are travelling at 80km/h. Is that really that difficult to understand?
Old 09-23-2010, 12:40 AM   #90
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
anotehr annoying thing is when some people change to a right clear lane at the red light of an intersection. and i just happen to be the 2nd car wanting to make a right turn.
You can't wait 15 seconds to make your right turn?...
Old 09-23-2010, 12:53 AM   #91
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed

Failed 252 Times in 10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JiggaZed View Post
You can't wait 15 seconds to make your right turn?...
so in the case of left laner one has to do alll that for the courtesy of others, while in the red light one can just stfu and wait.
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-23-2010, 01:26 AM   #92
My homepage has been set to RS

Failed 49 Times in 32 Posts
This post thanked by:
Old 09-23-2010, 01:54 AM   #93
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
so in the case of left laner one has to do alll that for the courtesy of others, while in the red light one can just stfu and wait.
Yes.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:39 AM   #94
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Failed 84 Times in 31 Posts
fucking OP is so stupid.... its not all about being faster....

there are drivers out there that drive the speed limit or faster but still drive like shit.... brake hard, inconsistent braking, braking for fucking no reason at all(this one pisses me off the most), gas too late, gas waaay too late, gas while braking (seriously there was one...), brake pumping 100x per stop etc

obviously you know you should be moving over.... move the fuck over....

there is also a flip side to this issue...

impatient motherfuckers that tailgate right away. traffic in front, cant move any faster, cant move to the right lane since theres a buncha turtles, bus, cyclist etc... get tailgated up the ass regardless... that's a fucking piss off too.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:48 AM   #95
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
Failed 1,234 Times in 307 Posts
Quote:
there are a lot worse things to complain about that having to sit and wait to turn right... or letting people speed past you on the road...

like people WHO DO NOT shoulder check OR signal and change lanes...
like people who runs yellow lights, let alone red lights....
and so on...
Old 09-23-2010, 07:18 AM   #96
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,387 Times in 3,913 Posts
Failed 1,390 Times in 625 Posts
what really grinds my gears

are the people who don't know how to merge... they think its a fucking yield so they're stopped trying to merge into hwy 1 from 0km/h merging into roughly 100km/h traffic

same with those hwy merge lanes with the red light/green light that stay on long enough for 1 car to pass from each lane (left,right,left,right) people are clueless
Old 09-23-2010, 08:26 AM   #97

Well, it is a yeild but some people are so fucking passive and scared that it fucks up the flow.

Perfect example was last night around 7:30. I was driving my 5T, loaded with equipment, Boundary exit to Hwy 1 West. You're supposed to look left as you come around the ramp and adjust your speed to be able to merge. Two cars in front, the driver just stops. Lots of breaks in traffic and the guy just sits there. He starts crawling, so the car behind him thinks he's going for it and hits the gas to follow (whilst looking left, I guess). The guy in front stops again FOR NOTHING and the guy behind slams into him. Both their faults, yes but if the guy up front wasn't a fucking bonehead and just got on already, he would've been long gone.

Now how the fuck is it possible for me to go around them, take note of the plates and easily merge into traffic (due to the weight of my load and the incline, I shifted 5-6 times before I was actually completely on the freeway)? Uhhh...I don't know....maybe I have a fucking clue what's going on and know my vehicle? Idiots.

RSUV #7
This post thanked by:
Old 09-23-2010, 08:31 AM   #98
Rider

i see this all the fuckin time at were you have to merge onto the highway. how the fuck do u expect to merge into traffic doing 60 when they are doing 90+
Old 09-23-2010, 08:41 AM   #99

60? Fuck, at 60 you have a chance of someone taking pity on your dumbass. At ZERO, it's game over. If the merge point is long enough and the stopped car is way up front, guaranteed people are going to merge behind him and give him a WTF while passing.

RSUV #7
Old 09-23-2010, 08:46 AM   #100
Rider

but when they merge in that slow it fucks everything up behind them. yea zero is retarded.i dont let people in if there arnt going as fast or faster than me if ur to dumb to hit the gas then go behind me
Closed Thread