REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 11-19-2010, 10:30 AM   #1
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Failed 1 Time in 1 Post
Need some Advice on Black Friday

As all of you must know the Black Friday is coming next week. Line ups at the border will be insane. Problem for me is that I need to catch a flight in Bellingham the same day.

Nov 26, 2010 - Black Friday

I have to work that day(half day) and get off at 11:30am. My flight is at 4:55PM. I can either drive or take a bus. What do you think my chances are if I drive to the bellingham Airport. Usually it takes me about 1 hour to drive there with a moderate line up at the border. I also bought a ticket for a shuttle bus hoping that the bus lane would be alot faster then waiting in the car lanes.

Hopefully some of you can share your experiences as I really don't wanna miss my flight and I have an important meeting to attend in the morning making it hard for me to leave earlier.

Car or Bus

Bus said the approx time of arrival at Bellingham Airport is 2:15PM and I must be at the Airport by 4:15pm.

you think an extra 2 hours can get the job done???
Advertisement
magster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 08:27 PM   #2
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,068 Times in 866 Posts
Failed 642 Times in 183 Posts
BUMP BUMP

Thinking of doing some black friday shopping this year and trying to figure out what kind of deals can be had at the seattle outlets..

Type of stuff I want to buy
sweaters
hoodies
men's basics (socks, boxers, crew neck t-shirts)
grooming electronics ( shavers , oralB spin brush etc.)

Can these be had for cheap? Anyone got experience?

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 08:35 PM   #3
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,399 Times in 396 Posts
Failed 147 Times in 59 Posts
Black Friday

It's all about Cyber Monday now
v_tec is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-08-2014, 08:52 PM   #4
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,068 Times in 866 Posts
Failed 642 Times in 183 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v_tec View Post
Black Friday

It's all about Cyber Monday now
maybe for electronics but i'm skeptical buying clothes without trying specially from online.

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 06:56 AM   #5
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Failed 1 Time in 1 Post
Make sure you check the website... alot of stores do sales for the entire week.... Of course there are door crashers but if you are looking for basics... who cares.. lol
Old 10-16-2014, 07:04 AM   #6
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
Failed 21 Times in 13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_handheld View Post
BUMP BUMP

Thinking of doing some black friday shopping this year and trying to figure out what kind of deals can be had at the seattle outlets..

Type of stuff I want to buy
sweaters
hoodies
men's basics (socks, boxers, crew neck t-shirts)
grooming electronics ( shavers , oralB spin brush etc.)

Can these be had for cheap? Anyone got experience?
I think it depends where you're expecting the deals.

From what I recall a few years ago, most of the upper-tier outlets had sales like "50-60% off your order", which isn't unlike some of their sales on other US holidays.

If you happen to shop at Old Navy or lower-tier stores like that, then you're getting T-Shirts for a couple of bucks, fleece for around $5, etc etc. That sale is not unlike their boxing day sale here.

Personally, I would only go browse if I was there to get a doorcrasher somewhere else of some sort. I wouldn't go down there JUST to check out deals on clothes. But whatever floats your boat as I'm not a real clothing deal hunter.
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-16-2014, 09:47 AM   #7
Old School RS

Thanked 4,034 Times in 1,228 Posts
Failed 129 Times in 79 Posts
I've been to BF at Seattle Premium Outlets before and for me, it wasn't worth the time - the prices are normally so good that an extra 10-15% off to deal with all the headache associated with the crowds (no sizes available, lineups everywhere, staff too busy to help you, THE BORDER) is simply not worth it to me.

I like going the week before BF as they are typically loading the stores up with inventory so lots of selection.

-Mark
Old 11-21-2014, 04:52 PM   #8
Banned By Establishment

Failed 115 Times in 24 Posts
If you are not looking at the door crashers, you can pretty much start your shopping as of now. My friend asked several stores when she was down there the whole week and that is what they said.
Sales prices are the same as on the actual Black Friday.
It's just that the stores have door crashers on the actual day.
racerman88 is offline   Reply With Quote