REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 11-29-2010, 07:02 PM   #1
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.

Thanked 1,683 Times in 532 Posts
Failed 26 Times in 20 Posts
Mitsubishi?

Hey guys

So I've done a search on this, and it seems like the biggest issue people seem to have with Mitsubishi comes down to their customer service.
I'm looking into getting a Lancer GTS, and customer service aside, I'm wondering if anyone's had any good/bad experiences with them. I know they've only been around since like 2001, but the newest generation Lancer seems to be holding its own.
So other than sub-par customer service and hard plastic interior buttons, are there any other concerns with the Lancer?
Advertisement

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 09:41 PM   #2
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,841 Times in 386 Posts
Failed 68 Times in 32 Posts
I'd suggest checking out ClublancerBC. As far as dealerships, I've service done at North Shore, Vancouver, Newtype and Burnaby Lake/Metrotown Mitsubishi(not sure what they're called but its beside the Mazda dealership on kingsway).

I'd rank BL/Metro Mitsubishi > North Shore > Vancouver and Newtype fight for the bottom. The Metro Mitsu dealership was pretty good with the customer service.
k3lv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 10:14 PM   #3

Failed 110 Times in 43 Posts
Just get one if you really want one. North shore and metrotown are the better service providers. Are you sure you want a FWD lancer when you can get AWD impreza for around the same price?
Old 11-29-2010, 10:55 PM   #4
HELP ME PLS!!!

Failed 2 Times in 2 Posts
In my experience, Vancouver Mitsu > North Shore
Old 11-29-2010, 11:09 PM   #5

Failed 25 Times in 14 Posts
whats your budget like?

If you got the extra $$$ get the Ralliart instead. Its Turbo AWD compared to NA and FWD

If not, I rather get a base impreza instead of a lancer. I guess one good thing about Mitsu is their warrenty, is it still 10 yrs powertrain?
keifun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 11:19 PM   #6
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Failed 12 Times in 3 Posts
Vancouver Mitsubishi fucked up on my timing belt on my Talon. Took them more than a week to finally figure out how to put it on correctly. I was even denied a courtesy car so I was without my car for the whole time.

Also they are same as Ensign Pacific (a fleet lease company) so their mechanics work on cars other than mitsu's most of the time.

Stay away...far far away!
Old 11-30-2010, 02:42 AM   #7

Failed 14 Times in 11 Posts
uhhhh fyi...there's no more GTS for 2011 models..

i think there maybe one silver with no package at metro..and a blue GTS with package at autohaus mitsu in abby....that's about it for the lower mainland in terms of 2010..

and both dealerships were not really willing to negotiate..so yea if i were you I'd go with subaru too (actually if ur doing cash the silver gts you could probably get for $27,000 tax in on the road)..hmm
cctw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 06:44 AM   #8
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
Failed 643 Times in 181 Posts
Like you said they are holding their own, there are plenty of used ones out there, save yourself a shitload of money. Warranty period is so long on those anyways.

Last edited by ilvtofu; 11-30-2010 at 07:45 AM.
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 07:38 AM   #9
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 2,028 Times in 501 Posts
Failed 630 Times in 101 Posts
^^+1
not hard to find one in good shape
Nicotine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 08:18 AM   #10
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Failed 21 Times in 9 Posts
for mitsu cars...they have some paint issues - they use very thin paints, so their cars are very easy to get paint chips. make sure you get a clear bra/ new clearcoat, and for sure get mud guards.

as for services...DO NOT GO TO VANCOUVER MITSUBISHI AT ALL. I have got my white 09 lancer gts from them...only because they were the only ones that had them at the time. When i received the car, its already got like 70km on it (which I later realized that they have been using sold cars for other ppl to test drive), and some other issues with the way they do business

i have had excellent services from metrotown mitsubishi, and i heard that northshore is pretty good too.

right now, i have been going to newtype for oil change...not only because they are closer to me, but they also had (or still have?) this oil change for life program, where you pay around 350 (or 450...dont remember) and you get 4 oil changes a year for life (until you sell ur car that is). pretty good deal i must say. Metro Mitsu has a similar deal too but theirs is a bit higher, or else i would have chosen them :/
Old 11-30-2010, 08:28 AM   #11
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Failed 6 Times in 4 Posts
is vancouver mitsubishi the one on west 4th? or west 6th. near cambie skytrain?

if it is, then yes, dont go there lol. wanted to by a older used ralliart (the non turbo fwd ones), or a brand new 2010 lancer. but they were very UNWILLING to even make a good deal. and kept forcing me to put in a deposit before even giving me a rough ballpark of price. overall, dealing with them was very frustrating.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:20 PM   #12

Failed 110 Times in 43 Posts
I was going to trade my car in for their GSR. Something about it was just very shady. Second hand but only had 400kms on it! When I went in for a closer look, a lot of the black vents and plastic areas had that "paint shop" white stain on them. In the end, I couldn't do it!
Old 12-01-2010, 05:56 PM   #13
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 5,613 Times in 1,255 Posts
Failed 1,578 Times in 359 Posts
Subie.
donjalapeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 06:01 PM   #14
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 3,098 Times in 733 Posts
Failed 703 Times in 219 Posts
I don't have too much to contribute to this thread, except to re voice that Newtype fucking sucks.

I had a Mitsubishi Galant that I imported from the states, I had to do servicing once and went to Newtype because it's the closest Mitsubishi location for me, and came out angered.

Customer Service was horrible and on top of that, the mechanics probably had the IQ of a monkey. They somehow managed to fuck up my alarm.
hchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 09:27 PM   #15
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Failed 64 Times in 20 Posts
this is why im scared to buy a mitsubishi... i know their parts department(steve) is very helpful though
Nvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 03:50 PM   #16

Failed 22 Times in 10 Posts
I have a 2008, the first year of the latest batch of Lancers. No complaints and no problems from build quailty. Newtype screwed up my brakes when I got them replaced at 60k. I have to get them to take a look at it again. Makes funny grinding noises when they are warmed up.

Anywho, here are some pro/cons (note i have the CVT)

Pros:
The cvt isn't very popular especially with performance minded people but it is very smooth.
Bluetooth radio, keyless entry and subs weren't available on many cars in that class when I bought this a few years ago (civic/mazda 3). I think this is common now.
It's one of the nicest looking 4 door cars in that class
Suspension is a bit stiff for a stock/non-sports car which I like
Made in JAPAN
You get to pretend you're an evo
Knee airbag?

Cons:
I was sad to see that my resale is kinda crummy. When I bought it I was on the fence with the GTI which was a bit more expensive. That one holds its resale better.
The CVT is slow from a dead stop. It feels like first gear is missing.
The tiptronic is a toy. It's better than nothing but knowing no gears exist kinda makes it lame.
AM radio reception sucks.
I was looking at turbo kits and apparently the cvt cannot handle any major power increases.

So most of my gripes are against the cvt but I think I still prefer cvt over a traditional automatic. However if you get stick you can ignore all this stuff
mos_skeeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 04:34 PM   #17
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Failed 6 Times in 4 Posts
if you wanted to look into turbo, wouldnt it have been better to just save up a bit more and buy the Ralliart? 4 wheel drive and turbo, and looks more like an evo than a lancer does. <---especially when "pretending you're an evo" ;p
Old 12-03-2010, 03:52 PM   #18

Failed 22 Times in 10 Posts
Yup that would be smart. When I bought the car the ralliart was about a year away and I didn't know it would be turbocharged.
mos_skeeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 07:09 PM   #19
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Failed 30 Times in 9 Posts
They're a PITA to get parts for when you need them.
I've got 2x Lancers in my shop right now for ICBC claims, and they're both looking 7-10 days just to get the parts I need to fix them.
shantz is offline   Reply With Quote