REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 01-29-2017, 10:10 AM   #751
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Failed 21 Times in 14 Posts
Does anybody know if you get a new license plate, does it needs to be updated with nexus.
Advertisement
Rallydrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 10:30 AM   #752
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,284 Times in 533 Posts
Failed 28 Times in 12 Posts
I don't recall ever giving them my license plate, so I'm going to assume no
SSM_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-29-2017, 03:42 PM   #753
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 6,539 Times in 2,640 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 139 Posts
IIRC, only Mexican Nexus holders are required to register their vehicle and licence plates with GOES. So chances are, you probably didn't register your vehicle and plate with them, and there is nothing to update.
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-30-2017, 07:10 AM   #754
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
Failed 21 Times in 13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
IIRC, only Mexican Nexus holders are required to register their vehicle and licence plates with GOES. So chances are, you probably didn't register your vehicle and plate with them, and there is nothing to update.
^^This is the answer.

Rallydrv if you're like me and registered your vehicle- I called and was told that they don't regard that information if you're applying as a Canadian. It's strictly for Mexican holders.
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-31-2017, 01:59 PM   #755
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,225 Times in 1,389 Posts
Failed 376 Times in 130 Posts
You can take different vehicles across the border that aren't yours, so I would assume there's no need to update your vehicle or anything like that given that you can take various vehicles across without any questions being asked aside from "is this your car"
[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 05:46 PM   #756

While this can probably go into the Trump thread, I think it is more appropriate for it to go here:

Nexus cards revoked from all Canadian permanent residents with citizenship in restricted countries: CBSA - Toronto - CBC News

Quote:
Nexus memberships have been revoked from all Canadian permanent residents with citizenship in any one of the seven majority-Muslim countries affected by the U.S. travel ban, the Canada Border Services Agency has confirmed to CBC Toronto.

Citing U.S. Customs and Border Protection, a CBSA spokesperson said in an email that FAST memberships have also been revoked from all such individuals.

Memberships have not been revoked from Canadians holding dual citizenship.

CBC Toronto has learned of at least seven Canadian-born and dual citizens who have reportedly had their Nexus memberships revoked in the wake of a U.S. executive order barring entry to passport holders from Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen.

Responding to those questions, Public Safety Minister Ralph Goodale said "a Canadian citizen with a Canadian passport has the same access to the United States that they have always had before.

"With respect to the Nexus card, that is a special Trusted Traveller provision over and above the passport. And we want to make sure that Canadians entitled to a Nexus card, which is discretionary on both sides of the border ... are in fact treated properly and fairly."
Given that Metro Vancouver (esp in N.Van) has a sizeable Iranian population, I'm sure someone we know will be directly affected by this.
Old 05-01-2017, 04:31 PM   #757
"They call me Bowser...RawR!"

Failed 59 Times in 30 Posts
If you fly with the Nexus, what documents is the CBP guy looking for?

I've heard just the declaration card but the two times I used my Nexus at YVR, one guy asked for my passport and another guy just held out his hand.
Old 05-01-2017, 05:05 PM   #758
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 2,300 Times in 556 Posts
Failed 7 Times in 7 Posts
You must always have your passport with you when flying with a Nexus card. I always have mine, but usually buried in my bag. When they ask, I tell them I have it on me, but buried deep in my bag. Never an issue.

Do not fly with your nexus card and no passport.
CCA-Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 11:10 PM   #759
"They call me Bowser...RawR!"

Failed 59 Times in 30 Posts
That didn't really answer my question. I always have my passport when I fly.

What I wanted to know was what documents is the CBP guy at YVR looking for? For example, the guard who just held his hand out... does he want the declaration card? My passport? Nexus pass?
Old 05-01-2017, 11:16 PM   #760
Banned By Establishment

Failed 115 Times in 24 Posts
We give them all the above

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
racerman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 05:59 AM   #761
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,276 Times in 308 Posts
Failed 25 Times in 12 Posts
In my limited flying experience, the Nexus pass is there to get you through faster.
Most of the border agents I have dealt with where almost never interested in my Nexus pass when flying.

When traveling to the states, you go through the faster Nexus security line. When going through US customs, the Nexus gets you to the shorter Nexus lines. When dealing with US customs, they are only ever interested in my passport.

When returning to Canada, the Nexus card gets you to the Nexus self-service kiosks with the retina scanners. When you leave the luggage pick up area, the customs agents only want to see your declaration card and your passport.
IMASA is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-02-2017, 06:33 AM   #762
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 2,300 Times in 556 Posts
Failed 7 Times in 7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by !LittleDragon View Post
That didn't really answer my question. I always have my passport when I fly.

What I wanted to know was what documents is the CBP guy at YVR looking for? For example, the guard who just held his hand out... does he want the declaration card? My passport? Nexus pass?
On departure the US border patrol wants: Nexus Pass, Boarding Pass, Receipt from Nexus station.

On Arrival the CBP guy wants: Receipt from Nexus station only. Following baggage pickup, you hand in the receipt. I have never needed to hand over my passport or Nexus card to the CBP guy, but I always have my Nexus card ready after the kiosk station. I never have it, or my passport, ready after the luggage area. I also travel enough that I can recognize if the code on my receipt suggests I might need to do some talking though.

The system was upgraded / changed on April 25th inbound at YVR.
CCA-Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 03:26 PM   #763
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Failed 4,294,967,295 Times in 169 Posts
Got a Nexus email today, and it looks like we no longer need to fill out the declaration forms if we're using the Nexus kiosks upon return.

Quote:
Dear NEXUS Member,

We have more exciting news to share with our members!

Further to the message we issued below, we are pleased to announce that NEXUS members no longer need to complete a paper CBSA Declaration Card (Form E311) when using a NEXUS self-serve kiosk at any Canadian airport where NEXUS is available.

Note that paper CBSA Declarations Cards may still be handed out in-flight, as travellers who are not NEXUS members may need to complete them.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 10:45 AM   #764
RS Veteran

Thanked 11,287 Times in 4,635 Posts
Failed 433 Times in 277 Posts
Recently renewed my third Nexus card. This time around, it was all done online. I paid the fee online and updated any relevant information. In about a month or two (I think 7 weeks?) I got an email advising my application was approved, and within a week, received my Nexus pass. I didn't have to even go to a Nexus centre or anything.

If it means anything to anyone, they used the old photo from my previous card. Once new card is received, activate it on the GOES website and you're all set. Destroy old card.

Oh yeah, and when flying, always bring your passport. The US guys are almost never interested in seeing the Nexus card. They want to see the passport. No passport - no go. Simple as that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
excuse me, i would never date a mainlander... thats disgusting.
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-20-2017, 04:47 PM   #765
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
Failed 153 Times in 85 Posts
Do you guys go to the enrollment centre to update your new passport?

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 06:49 PM   #766
RS Veteran

Do you mean updating your passport info on your Nexus profile? If so, you can do that on the GOES website. I did that last September when I got my new passport.
Quote:
Old 09-10-2017, 05:40 PM   #767
Banned By Establishment

I just filled out my Nexus renewal for the first time today and found out my passport expired already. My question is about renewing my passport now. Can I do that online as well or is it still the paper form and go in person to passport office?

Old 09-10-2017, 05:53 PM   #768
RS Veteran

You still have to fill out the paper form and go in person to the passport office.
Quote:
Old 09-11-2017, 07:57 AM   #769
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,624 Times in 4,325 Posts
Failed 1,035 Times in 351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerman88 View Post
I just filled out my Nexus renewal for the first time today and found out my passport expired already. My question is about renewing my passport now. Can I do that online as well or is it still the paper form and go in person to passport office?

All depends how long ago it expired, if it's with in a certain date you can mail in the info but if it's past a certain date you will have to go to passport Canada.
murd0c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 09:56 AM   #770
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Failed 150 Times in 49 Posts
i just went through my interview for my new nexus card, he made a point of saying when you get a new passport and drivers licence you HAVE to go into the enrollment center to update them
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 10:11 AM   #771

Driver licence too? I don't even recall there having any place asking for my driver licence info...?
Old 09-11-2017, 12:32 PM   #772
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Failed 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgsr View Post
i just went through my interview for my new nexus card, he made a point of saying when you get a new passport and drivers licence you HAVE to go into the enrollment center to update them
nahh.. I got a new passport, renewed my license, got a new license plate, and it took them a bit longer at the line to register the new plates but I was fine. Wasn't there longer than 5 minutes.
Gh0st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 01:36 PM   #773
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
Failed 21 Times in 13 Posts
^ It's still better to get it done at the enrollment center to handle both US and Canada information stores up to date.

All it takes is a cranky border agent on either side to give you grief about outdated information.
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 06:33 PM   #774
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
All depends how long ago it expired, if it's with in a certain date you can mail in the info but if it's past a certain date you will have to go to passport Canada.

Passport expired February of this year.

Old 10-02-2017, 11:32 AM   #775
Banned By Establishment

Should I be concerned if I have not received an email yet to set up my appointment for renewal?
My wife did her renewal application one week after I did and she already got an email for her appointment