REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 12-21-2010, 02:19 PM   #26
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,079 Times in 368 Posts
Failed 95 Times in 35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyker View Post
Next time,just carry a can of bear mace in the car,don't even argue with them,just spray them in the face as you drive by and watch them drop to the ground,twitching and screaming in extreme pain.Since you drive a RHD vehicle,it would be alot easier to hit them with the bear mace too.

I always have a can in my car,used it a few times too on some crackheads and wannabe gangsters.
Or even try having your windsheild sprayers reversed.
Advertisement
Old 12-21-2010, 02:28 PM   #27
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
Failed 67 Times in 51 Posts
Remember the Corrigans (wife and husband) are in the same camp as Mayor Hippy Fruit Juice of Vancouver.. obviously they are trying to curry points in case they want to make a run for higher positions in the NDP.
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 02:32 PM   #28
I bringith the lowerballerith

Failed 257 Times in 119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matlock View Post
Or even try having your windsheild sprayers reversed.
That would not be a bad idea,but you would have to make it so piss will spray out of it.
spyker is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-21-2010, 03:37 PM   #29
YOU CANT CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS

Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,038 Posts
Failed 553 Times in 157 Posts
we should do what Clarkson did to his police car

Old 12-21-2010, 04:16 PM   #30
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
Failed 161 Times in 60 Posts
Reading that post about how the city of Vancouver is trying to discourage driving makes me think back to another post I made in another bike lane thread. They're trying to radically alter the city's infrastructure by forcing this issue, which won't fucking work. Europe did it right because they built AROUND having bikes in their cities, making everything work efficiently. Do they want to disrupt movement of goods shipped throughout the city? Can't exactly deliver a large shipment of store merchandise on a bike.

Fucking hippies.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:32 PM   #31
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Failed 90 Times in 18 Posts
More traffic jam and accidents because of bike routes. We had to pay for our vehicle insurance why shouldn't bike too. C'mon they are sharing the roads .

EDIT: Not trying to go against it. Just want to speak up.

Last edited by BMW135i; 12-21-2010 at 07:51 PM.
BMW135i is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-21-2010, 10:14 PM   #32
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Failed 62 Times in 32 Posts
Nobody's going to slow down simply because someone arbitrarily sticks a sign on the road with a number. I know I sure has hell don't go 50km/h on major roads.

Vision Vancouver is toast come next election. I know it's off topic, but the "no R turn onto Hornby" they just put in all through DT has basically doubled congestion. Now traffic on Smithe gets backed up onto Cambie Bridge, on WEEKENDS!
slammer111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 10:39 PM   #33

Failed 36 Times in 10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW135i View Post
More traffic jam and accidents because of bike routes. We had to pay for our vehicle insurance why shouldn't bike too. C'mon they are sharing the roads .

EDIT: Not trying to go against it. Just want to speak up.
+1 They feel like they can get away with anything since there is not form of registration linked to them. Hence 1exotic's adventure.

If a red light camera caught a cyclist, who would they go after? Lame...

feedback
http://www.revscene.net/forums/showt...ighlight=noizz
Noizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 09:29 AM   #34
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Failed 18 Times in 17 Posts
All this bike lane crap downtown and trying to make it more inconvenient for vehicle traffic everywhere is not making me think twice about taking transit or cycling, in fact it has only strengthened my resolve to drive everywhere and fuel my anger towards cyclist even more.

I've noticed that since the bike lanes first went in, my patience and common courtesy to cyclist has totally disappeared and pretty much everyone I know feels the same way too.
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-23-2010, 09:46 AM   #35
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Failed 771 Times in 208 Posts
Musta been really snowing for the NON TURBO SUPRA TO BE DOING FAT BURNOUTS LIKE THAT!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
fixt

ok little story.

Some lady called the cops on me 2 days ago in downtown because I revved my engine at her. She purposely slowed down on the street and a car was coming towards me while I was stuck in the middle of an intersection, so that's why I did. So at the next intersection she comes out of nowhere and stops in front of my car. I get out my car and say what the fuck are you doing bitch. She and her boyfriend were like "well that was kind of unnecessary you tried to run us over". At this point I'm just like are you fucking kidding me... then I tell them to move you're blocking traffic. Then I drove my car forward a bit and crushed her leg between her bike and my bumper because she refused to move. She started screaming and punching my cars bumper/hood. Then some guy in a Porsche behind me tells her to move also because she was blocking traffic. While this whole thing was going down, I was revving my engine and honking at her trying to get her to move, and me being pissed off I was just about to run the bitch over. She was also on the phone with the police saying I'm trying to run her over and shit, actually was pretty funny. So finally she moved and then I laid a big burnout in her face. FUCK I HATE HIPPIES. Lucky for her she was a woman, if it was a guy I'd probably murder him in the street.

the temptation was so strong to run her over... but I wasn't gonna let some 35yo welfare hippie lady trying to cause drama get to me.

Death2Theft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 09:53 AM   #36
Rider

Thanked 2,081 Times in 532 Posts
Failed 439 Times in 100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7seven View Post
All this bike lane crap downtown and trying to make it more inconvenient for vehicle traffic everywhere is not making me think twice about taking transit or cycling, in fact it has only strengthened my resolve to drive everywhere and fuel my anger towards cyclist even more.

I've noticed that since the bike lanes first went in, my patience and common courtesy to cyclist has totally disappeared and pretty much everyone I know feels the same way too.
this
gdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 09:56 AM   #37
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Failed 71 Times in 13 Posts
the main problem with Vancouver is the roads everywhere are too damned narrow. Buses barely fit in the lanes.

Why is this?
2000 Acura Integra Type R #858 -- original owner
2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S
Phat_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 10:23 AM   #38
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Failed 771 Times in 208 Posts
Because back when the streets were designed not everyone was driving fat ass SUVS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phat_R View Post
the main problem with Vancouver is the roads everywhere are too damned narrow. Buses barely fit in the lanes.

Why is this?
Death2Theft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 12:06 AM   #39
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Failed 159 Times in 63 Posts
Vancouver's roads r simply not designed for today's traffic volume.

And work nowadays is all about networking instead of competency. People who get these decision making positions based on who they know, not what they can do. It's no surprise that everything is a mess.

How I wish I can remain ignorant, why do I know so much?
q0192837465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 01:24 AM   #40

Failed 73 Times in 39 Posts
bull fucking shit.

you can't force people to ride on bikes when the lower mainland is such a geographically large area. city hall needs to get this into their heads

and yes, half of city hall does bike to work. Most likely because they live 10 minutes away from there.

and yes we need better public transit. skytrains and buses shut down before the clubs do? cmon city hall

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
trancehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 05:27 AM   #41
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
Failed 1,234 Times in 307 Posts
so will they also revise laws for bike riders?

like how they run red lights? dont check before changing lanes or make turns, riding on sidewalks, not wearing helmets..... hm.. i think theres more
Old 12-24-2010, 11:26 AM   #42
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Failed 90 Times in 18 Posts
Cant get any worst than this. Have to bike to club due to no transit at that time. I'd rather stay home.
BMW135i is offline   Reply With Quote