REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 12-29-2010, 05:01 PM   #1
RS controls my life!

Failed 220 Times in 54 Posts
importing an evo

any one have any experience importing an evo specifically? i know theres a sticky but i've heard some stupid things about trying to get evo's past the border
Advertisement
eurochevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:54 PM   #2
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
Failed 1,234 Times in 307 Posts
there are a few 2008 evos in the B&S threads... unless you want the newer evos...
Old 12-30-2010, 02:15 PM   #3
RS controls my life!

yea no i was wanting an 8 or 9
Old 12-30-2010, 02:55 PM   #4
Prince of the Apes

Thanked 3,046 Times in 672 Posts
Failed 1,163 Times in 238 Posts
i'm assuming from the USA. best bet is to find a bone stock evo and pay a company to do the paperwork for you to bring it across and get the inspections done. I dont think there are any modifications needed to make it compliant with Canadian laws.

Thats my plan anyways, but i plan to fly down to the place and check out the car myself + take it to a local shop there to check it out for problems.
[23-08, 13:17] nabs i've gripped ice boy's shaft before
Quote:
[26-08, 13:50] Jesusjuice is this a sports car forum? why are there so many hondas?
bloodmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 03:59 PM   #5
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodmack View Post
i'm assuming from the USA. best bet is to find a bone stock evo and pay a company to do the paperwork for you to bring it across and get the inspections done. I dont think there are any modifications needed to make it compliant with Canadian laws.

Thats my plan anyways, but i plan to fly down to the place and check out the car myself + take it to a local shop there to check it out for problems.
ya i was gonna do that too
Old 12-30-2010, 04:05 PM   #6
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Failed 25 Times in 14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodmack View Post

Doesn't the car need to get a DRL module installed to comply with the federal laws?

I'm just wondering.
keifun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 05:05 PM   #7
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by keifun View Post
Doesn't the car need to get a DRL module installed to comply with the federal laws?

I'm just wondering.
Yes, without DRL the OP will fail inspection. But OP can get the DRL after the car has been imported into the country.
Sp0r3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 12:06 PM   #8
RS controls my life!

Failed 5 Times in 3 Posts
yes, thats right. all you need is DRL to pass inspections. few guys bought a harness and wired the evo fog light to work like the DRL. harness costs <$20.

do a search in this thread for some info on wiring the DRL:

http://forums.evolutionm.net/canadia...roll-call.html

i suggest doing research in evolutionm.net. its healthy of useful information, especially about the importing process. as for evo shopping, check craigslist. if i were you, id start looking in seattle area. if you must, look in cali too. they have minty evo's since the weather there is warmer. this works if you have time and resources to fly around to look at them. if you find one that you really like, post it on evom. guys there are really helpful, and they might know of the car you are already interested in.

as for looking for a "bone stock evo", it doesnt exist. if you do find one with this description, its very possible that it was "put back to stock". also, their weakness is the clutch. i would check for that too.

LP auto brought ours in from oregon. i decided to go through a shop because i didnt want to worry about selling my 350z privately, and the importing process blah blah blah. im an impatient person. what was great was i looked for the car i want and LP auto did the rest of the work. i personally recommend them.

the viii and ix are great cars. its worth looking into.

i hope this helps.
josel_atr is offline   Reply With Quote