REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 02-06-2011, 09:58 PM   #51
RS Veteran

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
Something similar happened to my car last August. The front bumper was damaged while the car was at the dealer for repair. The dealer agreed to repair it at their expense. However, dealer sent the car to a detailing shop for spot painting. I could clearly tell the two shades of paint on the bumper and I told the service manager that I won't take back the car until it is fixed properly. Therefore, the dealer sent the car back to the detailing shop for spot painting again. Sadly, the result is the same with two different shades of paint. At the end, the dealer sent my car to an auto body shop to have the whole bumper repainted and the paint finally looks like what it should be. I wouldn't blame the dealership for the damage because accident happens.
Advertisement

They posted a lot 25 to 50 posts per day. 90% of the posts where full sentences and they always stayed on topic.

The posts where all in good humour and topical (most of the time).

It was not the quantity of posts it was based on quality.

Only a few ROOGP are left on RS as most of the ROOGP got fed up of the BS that the new breed of Post Whores are putting up in here.
TRD3000GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 02:50 AM   #52
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Failed 20 Times in 8 Posts
It sucks, but stuff happens. As long as things get rectified, i don't see a major problem.

Paint will never match 100% when it comes to plastic bumpers/ metal fenders, but it can be unnoticeable. I am sure the Dealership has a shop they bring their cars to fix. Knowing that, you can be certain that the shop will know what they are doing. Ask them where they are fixing your car, and if it's not up to your standards you can make them do it again.
maxxxboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 04:51 PM   #53

Failed 9 Times in 5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabAlmighty View Post
[IMG]
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0ob View Post
Ah yes, Sasha Grey, one of the dirtiest whores of all time.
Off topic, but here in Calgary right now they're promoting a Valentines Day event "FEATURING SASHA GREY, FROM ENTOURAGE" , she's the DJ, and everytime I hear it, I just think yeahhhhh, Entourage, that's where we all know her from.... like what a stupid awkward ad, just say where we all really know her from

And I'm not judging either, I believe there are people in the adult entertainment industry for legitimate reasons, but just say it, say SASHA GREY, FROM ANAL INVADERS 101 or whatever, anything but Entourage! Entourage??? Wtf nobody knows her because of Entourage...

REVscene.net - Vancouver's #1 Automotive Forum and Classified's Site!

Interested in advertising with REVSCENE? Join our roster of Brian Jessel BMW, EBISU Robson, Blitz Gear, Soundworks, and dozens of the Lower Mainlands BUSIEST and most SUCCESSFUL small and medium businesses! Let us take you to the next level with our Incredibly affordable and effective packages Advertisement@revscene.net

Last edited by CanadaGoose; 02-10-2011 at 02:34 PM.
CanadaGoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 01:55 PM   #54
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,925 Times in 762 Posts
Failed 367 Times in 95 Posts
Conclusion. I got the car back yesterday and wow, the paint looks
Stunning. Not sure which shop -- they mentioned one near cAmbie st
Police station. The car was also completely cleaned inside out and felt
Like a new car when i got in. The entire bumper was repainted and the
Color matching was perfect. The loaner car was great too as it helped
Me determine if I wanted a Tsx v6. This dealership owned up in a big way
And am left very satisfied. Acura corporate will email me a service followup
Soon for which I will highly commend these guys.
Posted via RS Mobile
Acura604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-12-2011, 02:32 PM   #55
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,216 Times in 510 Posts
Failed 852 Times in 132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acura604 View Post
Posted via RS Mobile
probably because they know there's a thread about them
illicitstylz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 05:04 PM   #56
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
Which dealership was this?
Posted via RS Mobile
need2speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 09:50 PM   #57
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed

Failed 118 Times in 28 Posts
Your mom's dealership, last night.
n0ob is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-12-2011, 10:44 PM   #58
ekr
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Failed 1 Time in 1 Post
omg, same thing happened to me at the dealer too, AND IT HAPPENED TO BE AN ACURA DEALERSHIP TOO!!
don't tell me it's the one in coquitlam...
Old 02-13-2011, 05:40 AM   #59
Banned By Establishment

Failed 730 Times in 91 Posts
this isn't an ICBC injury claim bro

the whole premise of not covering the "opportunity cost of using own vehicle" is to prevent people from abusing the system.

eg, if they gave you a free lunch, then every fat fuck in the city's going to go to that dealership, key their bumpers when no one's looking, then ask for a SUV-sized courtesy car, free gas, lunch, and an oil change.
BNR32_Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 11:04 AM   #60
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,284 Times in 533 Posts
Failed 28 Times in 12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acura604 View Post
Posted via RS Mobile
Probably Craftsman Collision did it.
http://craftsmancollision.com/locati...west6thav.html
SSM_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:38 AM   #61
I don't get it

Failed 15 Times in 8 Posts
I took my versa in for an oil change recently and when I came back I took a quick look at my car from across the parking lot while walking to the service area. I noticed that my license plate was damaged and so was the cover (it was bent). I noticed it from 30 feet away and it was parked in an area where the finished cars where, so I walked over and took a look at it and went around the whole car.

I walked into the serivce area and they didn't say anything to me about my license plate so I asked them and they said they would fix it. Not that it was a big deal in regards to the amount of damage that was done I just keep thinking to myself if I cod see it from 30 feet away then the lot boy must have noticed or no one cares about my car enough to even go around it once! Very unprofessional.

That was strike 3 for the dealership but I am going to give them another chance, the next time they damage my car and don't tell me about it when I come to pick it up I am going to talk to the manager and possibly give Nissan Canada a call.

It was Morrey Nissan in Burnaby. Don't know if anyone else has had a problem with them before.
Posted via RS Mobile
sulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:52 PM   #62
Need to Seek Professional Help

Failed 9 Times in 4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sulos View Post
I took my versa in for an oil change recently and when I came back I took a quick look at my car from across the parking lot while walking to the service area. I noticed that my license plate was damaged and so was the cover (it was bent). I noticed it from 30 feet away and it was parked in an area where the finished cars where, so I walked over and took a look at it and went around the whole car.

I walked into the serivce area and they didn't say anything to me about my license plate so I asked them and they said they would fix it. Not that it was a big deal in regards to the amount of damage that was done I just keep thinking to myself if I cod see it from 30 feet away then the lot boy must have noticed or no one cares about my car enough to even go around it once! Very unprofessional.

That was strike 3 for the dealership but I am going to give them another chance, the next time they damage my car and don't tell me about it when I come to pick it up I am going to talk to the manager and possibly give Nissan Canada a call.

It was Morrey Nissan in Burnaby. Don't know if anyone else has had a problem with them before.
Posted via RS Mobile
wow strike 3 already and your gonna give them one more chance? i would have probably talked to the manager by now..
impulseX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:34 AM   #63
It's like going crazy when you're already nuts

Thanked 3,047 Times in 790 Posts
Failed 90 Times in 38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sulos View Post

Posted via RS Mobile
Your car was likely machine washed and the plate, and plate frame got caught onto it. Happens all the time if it's not bolted on properly
Posted via RS Mobile
jing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 05:37 AM   #64
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by jing View Post
Your car was likely machine washed and the plate, and plate frame got caught onto it. Happens all the time if it's not bolted on properly
Posted via RS Mobile
ya, the service guy knew what happened right away without seeing the car.

They know that this happens and yet don't check for it before they give the car back to the customer?
Old 02-15-2011, 05:38 AM   #65
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by impulseX View Post
wow strike 3 already and your gonna give them one more chance? i would have probably talked to the manager by now..
Strike one and two was over the same thing. They scratched a piece inside my car by the shift lever and didn't say anything. Then they replaced the wrong part. It took them a year to get the right one and put it in....