REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 02-12-2011, 01:55 AM   #251
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Failed 41 Times in 14 Posts
Why can't we all just get along?

Advertisement
toyota86 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-12-2011, 09:36 AM   #252
nns
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,843 Times in 553 Posts
Failed 185 Times in 67 Posts
^I would never recognize that as a true S2000.
Old 02-12-2011, 11:49 AM   #253
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Failed 439 Times in 203 Posts
^I would, swaps are part of the Honda lifestyle.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-12-2011, 01:33 PM   #254
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Failed 128 Times in 71 Posts
OP:

I've owned my S for 4 years now. DD it in the winter with a set of snow tires I bought off of RS the first winter.
This is the first winter the car was parked since the wife picked up a CRV.

As a DD car, the S is a tad cramped and it sits really low so the S/O isn't too fond of it.

Car is really no different than a civic. Maintenance is cheap, and decent on the gas as long as you are not driving it like a mad man.

Trunk space isn't that bad. I took out the spare tire/cover/and tool box. For those haters, come on. If I had a flat rear tire, I'd have to put the dummy wheel on the front and then take the good front wheel and put it on the back. I'd rather call up BCAA and get a tow to a tire shop. There is quite a bit of trunk space for groceries. My hockey bag kinda fits in the trunk, but I really have to shove it in there cause I use a pretty big/long bag. My new bag definately won't fit in the trunk.

My biggest complaint as a DD car is that it sits pretty low stock and at night, I am always blinded by the cars behind me. It's worse if they have those aftermarket non DOT hid's in their stock halogen headlights.

In the winter time, it was hard to keep the cabin warm. The OEM hardtop is great for that. Another issue is water leaking into the car with i rolled down the window a tad. Can't get vent visors like more other cars.

There is one minor issue if you are stuck in gridlock stop and go driving and that is a tendency for the car to buck when you start going. No one knows for sure what causes it. Some people said grounding wires helped. Others say a voltage stabilizer helps. All I know is that low revs, the car has no power and kinds bucks like a noobie learning to drive stick.

Personal advice, Abby Honda is over charging on the US imports. Spend the time and look for one yourself, and import it yourself and save a ton of $$$. low mileage ap2's can be had for $15Kish or less.

One last thing, the sales guy that DD is talking about is also a member of RS, and S2ki and I am sure there is quite a few people who can agree that he is a dink of a person. Just ask the Civicforum guys when he sold his SIR and told everyone to fcuk off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-13-2011, 11:05 PM   #255
RabidMod

Thanked 1,322 Times in 475 Posts
Failed 111 Times in 31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flagella View Post
This is annoying. If you check s2ki forums, there are plenty of people who have respect for vette, and some have made the switch from s2k to vette. Now why are vette fanboys wasting bandwidths in a thread about S2000?
+1. There are plenty of guys who also own Z06's on s2ki, or have made the switch entirely and still stick around for the community. I could even see myself getting a C6 Z06 one day. But after seeing all this bullshit, I don't think I'd want to be associated with the people who drive them.
Old 02-13-2011, 11:19 PM   #256
RabidMod

Thanked 1,322 Times in 475 Posts
Failed 111 Times in 31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulu View Post
What with your 12 second 1/4 ETs? Sorry did that stock... Also, love the tank comments. I mean the vehicle is NOTORIOUS for dominating track events and stomps all over GT and Lemans... I'm just running "little" 295 nittos but hey...
So you're backing down then?
Old 02-14-2011, 12:16 PM   #257
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Failed 31 Times in 8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulu View Post
What with your 12 second 1/4 ETs? Sorry did that stock... Also, love the tank comments. I mean the vehicle is NOTORIOUS for dominating track events and stomps all over GT and Lemans... I'm just running "little" 295 nittos but hey...
Those tire sizes are "little"...come back when you are running 315s.
vo_hantu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 02:55 AM   #258
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Failed 190 Times in 70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vo_hantu View Post
Those tire sizes are "little"...come back when you are running 315s.
Yeah man, you're right. My tires are so skinny. The other day I was out looking at your honda civic thinking "damn, I wish I had 185mm oreo cookies for tires too!" - but then I started my car and the sound of a naturally aspirated 490hp v8 reminded me that I liked torque.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidRat View Post
So you're backing down then?
Old 02-15-2011, 08:57 AM   #259
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Failed 11 Times in 7 Posts

I come from a very torque orientated car. Mine currently is a beast when it comes to running around and I already have way more than enough torque on tap.

So to those who are beating a dead horse on the torque issue,

I'm looking at the S2K because I want a different type of driving experience, one that connects me more to the road and "loads of power" is not a priority.
-MFC Fan # 3
-RS ELITE NINJA smurf-ninja
-L.B.C.: REVscene's Resident Lowballers
-RS Photography Crew WpnOfChoice: Sony DSC-F717~"Dana"

http://www.flickr.com/duckducksnap
Levitron is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-28-2011, 10:55 AM   #260
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Failed 1 Time in 1 Post
the s2000 can fit another s2k 6spd transmission in the trunk...and still have room for a case of redbull...don't ask how i know...
turbo_slug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 11:13 AM   #261
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Failed 128 Times in 71 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_slug View Post
the s2000 can fit another s2k 6spd transmission in the trunk...and still have room for a case of redbull...don't ask how i know...
Pics or it didn't happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote