REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 03:06 PM   #76
RS Veteran

Thanked 11,266 Times in 4,627 Posts
Failed 432 Times in 276 Posts
100% agreed with dangonay. There are so many variables we don't know about. And logically, it's hard to really pinpoint the issue here.

Regardless, it sucks to be in the shoes of both parties. Hope this gets resolved on both ends.
Advertisement
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
excuse me, i would never date a mainlander... thats disgusting.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:24 PM   #77
Old School RS

Thanked 4,034 Times in 1,228 Posts
Failed 129 Times in 79 Posts
My favourite part of this thread is that your title was intended to say that EvoGarage scammed $5250 from you but because of your ESLness, it actually gramatically says that YOU scammed $5250 from EvoGarage, which ironically is pretty close to the truth, or at least what you hoped to achieve.

LOL @ accidental irony.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:50 PM   #78
:: Sells McLarens, Not tofu :okay: ::

Thanked 11,826 Times in 3,334 Posts
Failed 211 Times in 89 Posts
well it was a private sale though. although it was located at a shop, no invoice was made and the engine was basically sold privately.

arent most things without reciepts "as-is" ?

90' Honda EF Civic HB // 04' Honda Pilot Granite

- The Drinker of Many Many Coffees @ McLaren Vancouver
Old 03-14-2011, 03:51 PM   #79
My homepage has been set to RS

Failed 80 Times in 15 Posts
i purchased this motor as a completely assembled short block and head. all i did was install the headgasket, the head onto the block, cams and cam caps.

This motor has excessively burned oil since day 1 of installation when it was broken in on stock ecu for up to 3000km. After that i tried another ecu with a basemap with no change. No tuning was performed at all.

Please keep in mind this is excessive oil consumption in 1 cylinder. I located the oil leak from Cylinder 1 intake valve guides. You can reference the picture's posted on page 1 where you can see oil pooling onto the face of the valve.

How is a chipped ecu going to cause my valve guides in 1 cylinder to leak oil? Keep in mind all cylinders have under 4% leakage, cylinders walls all in good condition with no signs of scoring or glazing? There is very little chance the consumption is coming from the rings. My vehicle never smoked in vtec also leads me to suspect my rings are good.

There are two issues here...

Can a chipped ecu cause my valve guides in 1 cylinder to leak? absolutely not.

When he decided to not warranty the oil consumption why did he authorize an engine rebuild with out my consent? and then attempt to black mail me by saying he would pretend he never sold it to me because it was a cash deal.

I went to the shop with 1500 in my pocket. I had every intention of paying. I've never had a problem paying for anything in my life.

FYI.... My day job... I'm a licenced Mercedes Benz certified technician with 11 years of experience. I diagnosis and repair car's for a living.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:00 PM   #80

FFYI... My twice rebuilt motor has now consumed 1litre of oil in 800km...lol.. I was going to keep this to myself until i decided to check my dipstick.

I could really care less about the evo garage nut huggers. The reason you go to them is because you know nothing about car's so i dont expect you to understand. Anyone who is mechanically inclined will know where i'm coming from.

Last edited by Iron Chef; 03-14-2011 at 04:09 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-14-2011, 04:08 PM   #81
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,846 Times in 3,913 Posts
Failed 881 Times in 421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
It's a shame that the shop owner is going to have their reputation damaged because some people are going to read the thread title and not delve deeper into this thread.
This...mods should consider changing the thread title...but wait, lowside67 has a point
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowside67 View Post
My favourite part of this thread is that your title was intended to say that EvoGarage scammed $5250 from you but because of your ESLness, it actually gramatically says that YOU scammed $5250 from EvoGarage, which ironically is pretty close to the truth, or at least what you hoped to achieve.

LOL @ accidental irony.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:13 PM   #82
Hyde's Understudy

Failed 636 Times in 120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Chef View Post
FFYI... My twice rebuilt motor has now consumed 1litre of oil in 800km...lol.. I was going to keep this to myself until i decided to check my dipstick.

I could really care less about the evo garage nut huggers. The reason you go to them is because you know nothing about car's so i dont expect you to understand. Anyone who is mechanically inclined will know where i'm coming from.

Did you not say you were running a stock ECU when you were running HONDATA? If you are mechanically inclined, you know that hondata will affect things. That's they only reason why you will falsify information. If the problems are completely unrelated to the hondata, why lie about it?

If i know which mercedes you work at, Im sure i wouldn't want you touching my MB since you are so dishonest.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:18 PM   #83
Banned (ABWS)

Failed 1,639 Times in 418 Posts
liars gonna lie.

how do we know you're still not lying to us?

at the moment, I doubt 100% of what you just responded is the truth. Maybe 80% is true. You could still be hiding information from us. Maybe you actually ran the chipped ecu for 5000km instead of 500km.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:19 PM   #84
I don't get it

Failed 6 Times in 3 Posts
http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2909936
Old 03-14-2011, 04:21 PM   #85

best $5250 I've ever spent
Old 03-14-2011, 04:23 PM   #86

wow.. drama being spreaded to hondatech too.. ITR section nonetheless.

Old 03-14-2011, 04:30 PM   #87

Yes in fact i was running a stock ecu from 0-3000km. I've never run hondata on this motor before. What i did run was a chipped p28 with a stock itr base map. The chip was chipped by Blackcrx who is a highly respected member of this community which will verify that. This was done for diagnostic purposes to eliminate my stock ecu for causing a rich running condition. There was no change so the ecu was taken out with 500km. When asked about it i denied it because it was in for such a short amount of time that it never really occured to me at the time.

Its some what of a moot point because where the consumption is coming from has absolutely no connection to an ecu tune. ECU tune will not cause mechanical faults like oil leaks. Its a technicality to get out of a warrantely claim. I work in the industry and i know what its all about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackZRoadster View Post
Did you not say you were running a stock ECU when you were running HONDATA? If you are mechanically inclined, you know that hondata will affect things. That's they only reason why you will falsify information. If the problems are completely unrelated to the hondata, why lie about it?

If i know which mercedes you work at, Im sure i wouldn't want you touching my MB since you are so dishonest.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-14-2011, 04:35 PM   #88
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
Failed 187 Times in 86 Posts
spoon ek.9

just quote the massive pwnage from david and his friend onto hondatech, obviously this guy is just tryna spread this like wild fire.

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Old 03-14-2011, 04:38 PM   #89

its also on vancouver civics..

Old 03-14-2011, 04:40 PM   #90
RS Veteran

Thanked 11,266 Times in 4,627 Posts
Failed 432 Times in 276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackZRoadster View Post
Did you not say you were running a stock ECU when you were running HONDATA?
He broke the motor in using a stock ECU until 3000km which is plenty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
excuse me, i would never date a mainlander... thats disgusting.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:45 PM   #91
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,532 Times in 1,722 Posts
Failed 101 Times in 61 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not really racist! View Post
spoon ek.9

just quote the massive pwnage from david and his friend onto hondatech, obviously this guy is just tryna spread this like wild fire.
david and mashimaro already took care of that

edit: for entertainment purposes

Spoiler!

Last edited by spoon.ek9; 03-14-2011 at 04:51 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-14-2011, 04:57 PM   #92
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,101 Times in 351 Posts
Failed 29 Times in 18 Posts
Ed, another point that bothers me, is after shaking hands with David on the issue, as your friend encouraged you to do, that you went ahead with a smear campaign across multiple forums?

Is your handshake worth anything?

Kev
Old 03-14-2011, 05:12 PM   #93
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Failed 3 Times in 3 Posts
Iron chef- you got more photos of the second engine pull with dates on them?. Did you do a leak down second time around before giving them the motor? That'll pretty much solve the argument.

either way, if those pictures you posted are indeed taken before you gave them the motor, there's something off with the machine shop's diagnosis and obviously there's a rapist in linkin park.
Old 03-14-2011, 05:23 PM   #94
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Failed 72 Times in 10 Posts
I agree with some of the members that both sides are at fault in terms of communication leading to extensive problems.
I think ED should have been notified about the engine rebuilt before it was proceeded...maybe he didn't want it done again at the same shop? I can understand why David would decline the warranty as well since it seemed like ED was being dishonest about the situation whether unintentionally or intentionally we will never know.
2006 Mitsubishi Evo IX GSR SE - Keeper
Old 03-14-2011, 05:48 PM   #95
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Failed 38 Times in 12 Posts
Thats very immature of the OP to bring his "buddies" to bootfuck the owner. How old is this guy.
Old 03-14-2011, 05:58 PM   #96
YOU CANT CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS

Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,038 Posts
Failed 553 Times in 157 Posts
(disclaimer: for comedic relief only)
this came up while i was browsing this thread (see ad on right).
try it out maybe?
Spoiler!
Old 03-14-2011, 06:00 PM   #97
Banned (ABWS)

Failed 1,639 Times in 418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpactZ View Post
Thats very immature of the OP to bring his "buddies" to bootfuck the owner. How old is this guy.

probably something like this went down at the shop

(found this in the fucked up shit thread)
This post thanked by:
Old 03-14-2011, 06:58 PM   #98
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,797 Times in 916 Posts
Failed 1,257 Times in 270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Ed, another point that bothers me, is after shaking hands with David on the issue, as your friend encouraged you to do, that you went ahead with a smear campaign across multiple forums?

Is your handshake worth anything?

Kev
No it must not be,"I Wasn't using hondata at all sir,stock ECU."...Bullshit,shop owner investigates,finds out he's running a lean tune probably just running the shit out of the engine wondering why it's SLOW...Gets caught.

Take's his friend's to try ruff up and scare the shop owner & bully his way into them fixing it... on his part..Douche bag move trying to start a fight.

then it was the hand shake -"bull shit again" because he started his little fire campaign on forum's all around

Good try Iron chef,let me know what mercereds benz service center you work at so i Don't Go there With People like you With that Mentality Of how they deal with things since i wouldn't trust you at all with this stack of bullshit.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:05 PM   #99
Da Vinci's real masterpiece: The Mona Diesel

Failed 15 Times in 15 Posts
Man, his argument may or may not be valid but this smear campaign does nothing but discredit yourself. You should've been an adult about the situation and kept it off the boards with your blatant attempt to destroy Evo's reputation.

In my opinion, threads like this should only be made only to inform individuals of scammers/legitimate scams. Not shop disputes such as this since it is CLEAR that at no point did David try to scam you intentionally.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:53 PM   #100
mpr
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Failed 27 Times in 11 Posts
If the oil consumption from the beginning till now is due to leaky seals and or guides, what does Evo Garage have to say about their warranty? Does it actually cover in this instance?
Closed Thread