REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 04-19-2011, 08:13 PM   #26
Banned (ABWS)

Failed 1,639 Times in 418 Posts
They are both great cars.

I would love to track one of them once.
Advertisement
orange7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:22 PM   #27
Banned By Establishment

Failed 100 Times in 16 Posts
love the sound of the LFA
nickmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:08 PM   #28
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,859 Times in 254 Posts
Failed 69 Times in 11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Dumbasso View Post
How does it not make sense,
Acura NSX MSRP in 2005: $144,000 CAD before all tax and charges.

The price is in NSX territory back then, or nowadays R8 V8 territory.
JoshuaWong is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-19-2011, 09:41 PM   #29
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Failed 16 Times in 9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaWong View Post

By that logic, the GTR is "in BMW 8 series territory", since it was $108,395 back in 1994. I still fail to see how any of this is relevant.
El Dumbasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 12:15 AM   #30
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Failed 17 Times in 7 Posts
Took Lexus 10 years to build a car that can only won GTR half a car distance

$400,000 price tag you can buy how many GTR? Don't even mention you can already buy a Ferrari with some pocket change, too.

Pointless car in my pov, I just don't think Toyota have achive anything, ask for too much and too late becuase Nissan simply just pwned you! Let's see what Honda get to offer later........
DHPEM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-20-2011, 06:39 AM   #31
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,874 Times in 604 Posts
Failed 217 Times in 88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHPEM1 View Post

$400,000 price tag you can buy how many GTR? Don't even mention you can already buy a Ferrari with some pocket change, too.

Pointless car in my pov, I just don't think Toyota have achive anything, ask for too much and too late becuase Nissan simply just pwned you! Let's see what Honda get to offer later........
are you clueless? the GTR was made for you!
86 944 Turbo with 340rwhp Lindsay Racing kit
15 991 PTS GT3
18 VW Golf R
Z3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 07:47 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3guy View Post
are you clueless? the GTR was made for you!
Personally, I dont like GTR, not my cup of tea! Just comparing the only 2 super cars from 2 different manufatories from Japan for now, thats all. Until Honda or Mazda can come up with their new toys that can make more sense in price and performance, LFA to me is a dirty dream of engineering and really stupid marketing long shot hoping now they car be up there with the big Euro boys........
Old 04-20-2011, 11:05 AM   #33

the LFA is really stupid? you really are demonstrating your lack of understanding of driving enjoyment....the LFA is not up there with the big boys, in most instances it is beyond the big boys......especially lambos
15 991 PTS GT3
18 VW Golf R
Old 04-20-2011, 05:54 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3guy View Post
the LFA is really stupid? you really are demonstrating your lack of understanding of driving enjoyment....the LFA is not up there with the big boys, in most instances it is beyond the big boys......especially lambos
Are you clueless? the LFA was made for you! You also TRYING to demonstrate you fully understand the driving enjoyment of the LFA, but the question is, did you even sat in one? I dont think so! I never said LFA itself is stupid, marketing, marketing, marketing! If the LFA can somewhat in the near price range or even a bit more than the GTR then that car make sense to not just me, to A LOT of people!

Why am I wasting my time responding some kid thought he drives a LFA in PS3 so he knows cars........ I love RS

Last edited by DHPEM1; 04-20-2011 at 06:04 PM.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:51 PM   #35
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,130 Times in 1,142 Posts
Failed 1,392 Times in 247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilvtofu View Post
this is timpo's world we're talking about here, feel/experience is a little too abstract for his mind to grasp, stats/specs cut to the chase and are easy to make sense of. It's sad how many people out there take a similar view on cars as timpo
This^

In Timpo's world top speed either makes or breaks a car.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:33 AM   #36

Quote:
Are you clueless? the LFA was made for you! You also TRYING to demonstrate you fully understand the driving enjoyment of the LFA, but the question is, did you even sat in one? I dont think so! I never said LFA itself is stupid, marketing, marketing, marketing! If the LFA can somewhat in the near price range or even a bit more than the GTR then that car make sense to not just me, to A LOT of people!

Why am I wasting my time responding some kid thought he drives a LFA in PS3 so he knows cars........ I love RS
Thank you, I appreciate your compliment.
15 991 PTS GT3
18 VW Golf R
Old 04-21-2011, 06:42 AM   #37
Banned (ABWS)

Failed 125 Times in 40 Posts
Quote:

lol, you don't get it the LFA was built to showcase lexus's engineering abilities(pursuit to perfection) by making one of the worlds most advanced CF weaving machine JUST to make parts for the LFA...

its more about the actual car vs top speed

also any joe blow can buy a GT-R you can't buy a LFA....

even if you had the cash, they had to have a lottery.

Last edited by baggdis300; 04-21-2011 at 07:03 AM.
baggdis300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:29 AM   #38
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Failed 38 Times in 12 Posts
Quote:

You're retarded.

You think that the GTR has such good engineering just because it is faster? Anyone can put turbos to make the car fast. The fact of the matter is that the LFA was built NA and still beat the GTR. I'd like to see your GTR without the turbos and see if it can even beat a civic.

I dont think you can ever achieve anything in live, so get off the boards.
ImpactZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:03 AM   #39
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
Failed 4,505 Times in 971 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpactZ View Post
You're retarded.

You think that the GTR has such good engineering just because it is faster? Anyone can put turbos to make the car fast. The fact of the matter is that the LFA was built NA and still beat the GTR. I'd like to see your GTR without the turbos and see if it can even beat a civic.

there's nothing wrong with turbo...so many cars are equipped with turbo or supercharger

Ferrari F40
Corvette ZR1
Ford GT
McLaren MP4-12C
Nissan GT-R
Porsche 911 Turbo
Saleen S7
Shelby GT500
Jaguar XJ220
Bugatti Veyron

and so on...
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:02 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpactZ View Post
You're retarded.

You noob, If I were the owner of Nissan and I want to showcase my engineering abilities of my GTR with a $400,000 price tag, the car will go much faster and prettier than what it is right now, (I hate the interior, sorry GTR fan boys) don't you get it? 9/10 magazine says the same thing. Fuck, I will throw in a F1 engine to shut your ass up if I have to if turbo bothers people like you so much........

Don't get me wrong, I don't like GTR, either, I love the LFA, I think its cooler, but I appreciate the overall performance and the affordability of the GTR better, it will change the standard of supercars in its level, hopefully near the same price range or even lower in the future. (Isn't this what car guys like us want, affordable sports car!?) But if Japanese car makers start pursuing their "engineering perfection" with a price tag like Ferrari or Lambo, in this case, EVEN MORE, what's the point? Wow, lots of carbon fibers, gauge cluster is like out of this world, but Just ask yourself, with this much of money, would you buy a Lexus or Ferrari/Lambo? If you want to bullshit us to go with the Lexus, your girlfriend will kill you first and you will never get laid again, I bet you with my top dollars!

Since when GTR is about top speed? Just because its turbo? Are you still in 80's? Yeh, even if you have the cash for a LFA you can't have it, wow! THAT'S BECAUSE each one they sold even with the $400,000 price tag they STILL lose money! (I did not made this up, it's fact!) They would be pretty stupid to make lots of them so they can lose more money in this economic, don't you think? I know they are trying to tell the world's exotic car makers "hey, guys, look at us, we don't just build cars for moms, dads and grannies, we can build fast car like you!" but end of the day, its a $400,000 Lexus, not $50,000, not even $100,000. People were complaining about NSX back in the days with $100,000 price tag already, but at least it's not insanely expensive, you just have to love it so much to paid for that kind of price in North America.

Yeh, yeh, it's not NA, its not fair, cry me a river Mary Jane! Like Timpo just listed, what's wrong with turbo? An engineering perfection vehicle can't be turbo? Just tell me why with some facts, or do you even have one? And since when you own this board you can start telling people to go off? You must be the worst fortune teller in this side of the planet simply because my life is much better than yours, wtf are you anyway? LFA fan boy, just because someone didn't float the same boat as you you gonna cry to the whole world telling them they suck? Wipe your pants and put on your diaper first son, internet thug wannabe is not welcome here, keep your crap in fight club.

Im done with this thread and all you bS fan boys who are still wearing diaper!

Last edited by DHPEM1; 04-22-2011 at 05:40 AM.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-25-2011, 09:57 AM   #41
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Failed 1 Time in 1 Post
A shop like Titan or Underground Racing needs to come out with a twin turbo kit for the LFA, similar to the Gallardo kit. Being that it's a toyota, the stock bottom end is probably good for like 1500whp. lol.

LFA's are awesome. Makes the GTR look and sound like a base model altima. The ultimate goal of every car is not to produce an arbitrary number on an arbitrary test track. The LFA is wicked for what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzystar View Post
I am better than everyone, you, your brothers, sisters, fathers, moms, even your fucking dogs. I can drive all drivetrain platforms and all types of industrial machinery, and I got a fucking nuclear sub, yeah thats right, a fucking nuclear sub.

fuck you, and all your shit.

this is revscene in it's entirety. /thread.
Captain Bondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 06:48 PM   #42
They let me be a moderator. LOL

Thanked 3,670 Times in 867 Posts
Failed 1,062 Times in 190 Posts
Quote:
You noob, If I were the owner of Nissan and I want to showcase my engineering abilities of my GTR with a $400,000 price tag, the car will go much faster and prettier than what it is right now, (I hate the interior, sorry GTR fan boys) don't you get it? 9/10 magazine says the same thing. Fuck, I will throw in a F1 engine to shut your ass up if I have to if turbo bothers people like you so much........

Oh wait, they never made it. Cause nobody would buy a Nissan that costs that much.

The LFA? Sold all of the ones for Japan in 2 months after announcing the price tag. Didn't take long to sell the rest of the LFAs around the world.

BTW. The Lease you're talking about, is only for 2 years. After the 2 Years, you have the option of buying the car.
It's non-transferrable to prevent people from flipping the car for more. Like the Enzo.
SpuGen is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-25-2011, 09:46 PM   #43
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,551 Times in 3,548 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by baggdis300 View Post

even if you had the cash, they had to have a lottery.
And Paris Hilton was the winner.

reason right there not to buy an FLA.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:02 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
And Paris Hilton was the winner.

reason right there not to buy an FLA.
u mean LFA
Old 04-25-2011, 10:29 PM   #45
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Failed 38 Times in 12 Posts
Quote:

Don't get me wrong, I don't like GTR, either, I love the LFA, I think its cooler, but I appreciate the overall performance and the affordability of the GTR better, it will change the standard of supercars in its level, hopefully near the same price range or even lower in the future. (Isn't this what car guys like us want, affordable sports car!?) But if Japanese car makers start pursuing their "engineering perfection" with a price tag like Ferrari or Lambo, in this case, EVEN MORE, what's the point? Wow, lots of carbon fibers, gauge cluster is like out of this world, but Just ask yourself, with this much of money, would you buy a Lexus or Ferrari/Lambo? If you want to bullshit us to go with the Lexus, your girlfriend will kill you first and you will never get laid again, I bet you with my top dollars!

Since when GTR is about top speed? Just because its turbo? Are you still in 80's? Yeh, even if you have the cash for a LFA you can't have it, wow! THAT'S BECAUSE each one they sold even with the $400,000 price tag they STILL lose money! (I did not made this up, it's fact!) They would be pretty stupid to make lots of them so they can lose more money in this economic, don't you think? I know they are trying to tell the world's exotic car makers "hey, guys, look at us, we don't just build cars for moms, dads and grannies, we can build fast car like you!" but end of the day, its a $400,000 Lexus, not $50,000, not even $100,000. People were complaining about NSX back in the days with $100,000 price tag already, but at least it's not insanely expensive, you just have to love it so much to paid for that kind of price in North America.

Yeh, yeh, it's not NA, its not fair, cry me a river Mary Jane! Like Timpo just listed, what's wrong with turbo? An engineering perfection vehicle can't be turbo? Just tell me why with some facts, or do you even have one? And since when you own this board you can start telling people to go off? You must be the worst fortune teller in this side of the planet simply because my life is much better than yours, wtf are you anyway? LFA fan boy, just because someone didn't float the same boat as you you gonna cry to the whole world telling them they suck? Wipe your pants and put on your diaper first son, internet thug wannabe is not welcome here, keep your crap in fight club.

Im done with this thread and all you bS fan boys who are still wearing diaper!
I stopped reading after your first paragraph.
you obviously do not know anything about cars. idiot.
ImpactZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:46 AM   #46
I subscribe to Revscene

Failed 113 Times in 16 Posts
The LFA looks soooo much better in black. Like every other car would in black. LOLS

New Greater Vancouver BMW Forums..

GV///Bimmers
elkayem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:59 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkayem View Post
The LFA looks soooo much better in black. Like every other car would in black. LOLS
some cars look better in white
Old 04-26-2011, 09:01 AM   #48

Lexus LFA Nurburgring Edition

Old 04-26-2011, 01:26 PM   #49
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Failed 30 Times in 12 Posts
^That looks awesome.
db2 #51 - garage queen/summer daily
golf mk3 - 2016 winter beater [sold]
ae92 - 2017 spring beater
Cillu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 02:00 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaWong View Post

this