REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 04-26-2011, 11:45 AM   #151
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
Failed 4,505 Times in 971 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by s300ae View Post
im surprised none of you have posted this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GULw3...layer_embedded
and I'm surprised done of you have posted this:

Advertisement
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:59 PM   #152
"They call me Bowser...RawR!"

Failed 59 Times in 30 Posts
I bought my Sonata Turbo because it the best car for me in the price range, not because of stupid claims like paint quality. I needed a daily driver and it fit the bill. My only other choice was the Ford Fusion, didn't even consider Japanese because they're boring to drive these days. In the end, what sealed the deal was the 0% financing over 84 months.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:48 AM   #153
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,382 Times in 416 Posts
Failed 73 Times in 29 Posts
I'm probably getting a sonata hybrid. It fits almost everything I need atm. What are your views on the sonata hybrid?
Posted via RS Mobile
k3mps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 10:02 AM   #154
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Failed 24 Times in 6 Posts
Sonata Hybrid... yeah gonna be a lot better for city driving. I also may consider a Sonata Turbo or Genesis Coupe turbo soon if my new job requires me to work at downtown (going to hybrid may be a step too far for me in terms of driving)
I did test drive the Sonata with the 2.4GDI engine though and overall it felt good to drive though it wasnt as great as the Genesis Coupe which is a given, but yeah I felt the need for the 2.0T while test driving it as well.
The only worry I have for Sonata Hybrid is the actual hybrid system itself (since you're buying it for the hybrid in reality), havent really looked into specifics on how it works personally and specifications. If its anything like the Honda one, I dont think it does much work.
kyoshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 10:31 AM   #155

Ya that's exactly what I'm thinking. I was gona get.a 2t but I'm moving to coq, and ill be 30km from school , and I'm paying for my own gas, and I'd rather have the hybrids economy. Its not in dealers yet but ill be sure to test drive it. Thanks for your input I appreciate it
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 04-27-2011, 10:35 AM   #156

hybrids dont really work unless its city driving btw since it will cut when you reach certain speeds. It only benefits start n stop traffic where the motor can kick in and you get your battery charged via regenerative braking, etc as opposed to running the engine.
So you should probably map your way to school first and then see if the extra costs of the hybrid is worth it.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:36 AM   #157

If you just cruise on the hwy, I've gotten as low as 5L/100km out of my 2.0T... combined, it's more like 10-12L/100kms after 5 tanks of gas now.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:44 AM   #158

Ya I thought about my route. It will be roughly 35 city 65 highway, but I also go dt a lot (4 days a week) where I'm driving 100% city. When I'm around at school, or when school ends, I go out with friends before going home or I sleep over at my buddies. so when I average it out, my travelling would be around 60 city, 40 highway, highway being going to/from school only.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 04-27-2011, 10:47 AM   #159

Quote:
Originally Posted by !LittleDragon View Post
If you just cruise on the hwy, I've gotten as low as 5L/100km out of my 2.0T... combined, it's more like 10-12L/100kms after 5 tanks of gas now.
i envy you with my 16L/100KM
did you get manual or auto (or does it only come in auto), when I test drove the genesis, I didnt notice any turbo lag prob cuz its a fairly low RPM engaged turbo but again it was a test drive so you never know.
Do you feel any turbo lag at all having driven 5 tanks so far?
Old 04-27-2011, 10:49 AM   #160

No doubt my gas mileage will get better after the novelty of stomping on the pedal wears off... but then I said that of my MR2T as well. A tank of gas currently lasts me 1.5 weeks, $86 fillups. Usual week of driving is about 300kms.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:00 AM   #161

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoshiro View Post
i envy you with my 16L/100KM
did you get manual or auto (or does it only come in auto), when I test drove the genesis, I didnt notice any turbo lag prob cuz its a fairly low RPM engaged turbo but again it was a test drive so you never know.
Do you feel any turbo lag at all having driven 5 tanks so far?
The 2.0T only comes in a 6 speed auto with paddles. I don't notice turbo lag since it's a twin scroll turbo, it spools quick compared to my MR2T where I don't feel the surge of power until after 3000rpm. I do however, notice the lack of torque at low RPM.