REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 04-20-2011, 02:19 PM   #51
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,341 Times in 842 Posts
Failed 207 Times in 86 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapere View Post
That is a rather meaningless question.
I drove at different speeds in different situations for different durations during the whole 20 mins incident.

He wasn't standing on the side to clock me with a radar, so there was no reading.
Does your vehicle come equipt with a speedometer? What was the highest number the needle was pointing to during your trip.
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
Jgresch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:19 PM   #52
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,341 Times in 842 Posts
Failed 207 Times in 86 Posts
And he doesn't need to be standing to clock you. If he is driving 170 and he can't keep up, I think he has an idea of how fast you were going.
Posted via RS Mobile
Jgresch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:23 PM   #53
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,768 Times in 1,339 Posts
Failed 82 Times in 41 Posts
Quote:
To be more precise, the 2 regular tickets were dated in 2008. I was doing 80 in a 60 once. The other time the cop said I was following too close to the speeder up front but didn't actually get my speed. If you know the area just after you've got off the pattulo bridge in surrey, where the cops usually hide on the side, thats where I got it. Both happened during the day.

The excessive ticket was from last year. I hit 110 in an 70 on marine drive during the night.

And that's all the speeding tickets I've got for my whole driving record. I wouldn't say it is perfectly good, but definitely far from repeating.

Absolutely no drunk driving record prior to this incident.

Blowing a WARN means blood alcohol content (BAC) >= 0.05% and < 0.08%, which is another bs in itself. In my case, that meant couple beer. Put it simply, if the new drinking law didn't come in last year, I would have passed. 3 days prohibition to start for the first timer, which was what I got.

Blowing a FAIL means BAC >=0.08% and that is much more serious with a 30 days prohibition to start and a potential criminal record.

While I am not saying it is perfectly okay to drink and drive, taking my car away for the first offence is just ridiculous.
BS or not everyone who drives know what the new drinking laws are it doesn't matter how the laws used to be. You lost all sympathy with the empty in the car, you were obviously at some point during that night (or another night) driving with open alcohol in the car thus no sympathy or benefit of the doubt.

It doesn't matter if it's night time or not if you're going to speed prepare to pay the piper. If you've had a couple drinks and then you speed that is a really poor decisiion. Forget 190, if you were driving 140+ with the new speeding laws you made a really poor decision and should know the repercussions of that act.

I'm not a saint, I've had more then my fair share of tickets and fines. Way less of them as I get older but I've always manned up and taken responsiblity for my actions. I can guarantee my car would never get towed because I blew .5 because I would never drink and drive, not worth it. It's a shitty place to be and I hope you get your car back and learned your lesson but at the end of the day you just have yourself to blame.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:30 PM   #54
Banned (ABWS)

Failed 94 Times in 54 Posts
OP: So what's your real username? Creating duplicate accounts is against the rules you know
RevRav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:32 PM   #55
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Failed 1,848 Times in 413 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorneringArtist View Post
I'll ask it too, and I'll type it in a way that it can be read slower and made easier to understand:

How. Fast. Were. You. GOING?
Maybe he'll understand it better this way:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:39 PM   #56
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Failed 137 Times in 67 Posts
Quote:
That is a rather meaningless question.
I drove at different speeds in different situations for different durations during the whole 20 mins incident.

He wasn't standing on the side to clock me with a radar, so there was no reading.
You're losing credibility extremely fast.

I mean, reading through your original post, it already had the distinct feel of having being written in a way to try and elicit the most empathy and clearly leaving out relevant, incriminating details.

Now that you have outright refused to say how fast you were going, it's clear you don't have a leg to stand on.

How is that possibly a meaningless question? It may very well be the MOST meaningful piece of information surrounding this entire situation.

You seem to be under the impression that the cop HAS to catch you on radar to determine your speed. That is just outright false. As Jgresch said, if he was following behind you and going 170kmph and you were still pulling away from him, it's not hard to come up with an estimate that you were going 190kmph. I believe this IS one of the court accepted methods of determining speed by an officer.

It's also very clear you're trying to use tailgating as the reason that you were going so fast, but given the circumstances, it just doesn't fly.

He may very well have been tailgating you or following you at a distance closer than you're comfortable with... but I'm willing to bet the reason you sped up and continued to accelerate to excessive speeds wasn't because you were scared. Maybe you even thought it was fun to try and out run this guy.

Bottom line is you screwed up big, and I don't think you're going to find much sympathy here.
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-20-2011, 02:54 PM   #57
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,814 Times in 957 Posts
Failed 715 Times in 210 Posts
guys, he was going 160avg 220max.

take the middle and it's 190km/h
flagella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:59 PM   #58
I subscribe to Revscene

Failed 37 Times in 17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisibleSoul View Post
I mean, reading through your original post, it already had the distinct feel of having being written in a way to try and elicit the most empathy and clearly leaving out relevant, incriminating details.
Right here. The first post is missing a lot of information that the OP will not provide. Furthermore, the words were carefully chosen to reflect more on the innocence.

Unfortunately, it looks like you deserve the ticket and the consequences 100%.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:12 PM   #59
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Failed 102 Times in 40 Posts
Quote:
You talk as if you've seen the whole situation and known everything. Did I say I drank the empties? Or drinking WHILE driving?

Answer is No to both.

I knew about tickets and prohibitions, but forfeiture? I didn't think this country has shifted to communism, or did it now?

All these hypothetical MAYs and IFs need to meet their ends.
It's against the law to have open alcohol containers in your car. Which I assume you know.

Having open alcohol containters in your car while having alcohol in your body can get you in big fucking shit. You are lucky you only blew a warn. You know that right? That you're actually getting off light in this situation?

The alternative is you could have been caught 20 minutes earlier when you may very well have blown a FAIL. Or... you know you could have killed someone.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:38 PM   #60
My homepage has been set to RS

Failed 27 Times in 9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewGirl View Post
It's against the law to have open alcohol containers in your car. Which I assume you know.

Having open alcohol containters in your car while having alcohol in your body can get you in big fucking shit. You are lucky you only blew a warn. You know that right? That you're actually getting off light in this situation?

The alternative is you could have been caught 20 minutes earlier when you may very well have blown a FAIL. Or... you know you could have killed someone.
If you're going to drink and drive (which you shouldn't be) don't be stupid enough to leave the empty's in your car. That's just asking for trouble
Old 04-20-2011, 04:06 PM   #61
I help report spam so I got this! &lt;--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Failed 275 Times in 114 Posts
I'm not a fan of traffic cop either but man, blowing a warning with an opened can in the car and excessive speeding. They should have crushed your car on the spot. No sympathy here. You should realize you could have killed somebody and face worse consequences.

It's 2011 and people still think it's ok to drink and drive.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 04:17 PM   #62
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Failed 110 Times in 43 Posts
well, I wish you best of luck, and you're definately going to need a good laywer. My best advice to you would be to stop posting on here for help as you're already on a slippery slope of disclosing more incriminating evidence against yourself. What you say on public fourms COULD be used against you in court. I don't think you'll get much more help from anyone other than a lawyer.
Old 04-20-2011, 04:29 PM   #63
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
This guy is bitching because he got busted breaking the law. What a dumbass, one less tard on the road.
Beardo85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 04:29 PM   #64

Thanked 9,846 Times in 3,913 Posts
Failed 881 Times in 421 Posts
damn tailgaters...i guess i have to speed up to 190kph now.
As xtc_6o4 mentions it, gotta be doing at least 1.5x the speed limit.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 05:18 PM   #65
no

Thanked 6,061 Times in 1,223 Posts
Failed 221 Times in 85 Posts
op = xtc604?
jpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 05:56 PM   #66
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Failed 313 Times in 50 Posts
Quote:
Fact is also I've got less than 3 speeding tickets over the course of 8 years of driving in my whole life. 2 of which were regulars and only 1 was excessive and with at least a year apart from each ticket....likely to repeat?
And likely to cause serious bodily harm at 3:30 am in the morning on a ghost highway? If there was anyone who was likely to cause serious bodily harm, it would have been the undercover cop for tailgating at high speed while not on an "official" chase with standard lights on.
achiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 06:09 PM   #67

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Failed 1,848 Times in 413 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpark View Post
op = xtc604?
op = bradford :noob:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 06:55 PM   #68
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 1,357 Times in 508 Posts
Failed 229 Times in 105 Posts
what kind of car is it? I'll bid it off auction and donate it to charity

in the form of "$5 per bash of the sledgehammer"

and the very meaningful cause will be to feed my face.

• 2017 Alfa Romeo Giula Q4
  • 1999 Nissan Stagea 260RS 1 of 748
  • 1998 Nissan Laurel Medallion Club S drift boi
  • 1991 Lexus LS400 mint boi
  • 1989 Nissan S-Cargo cute boi
hk20000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 07:48 PM   #69
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Failed 416 Times in 132 Posts
This thread is going to be beautiful once it hits Fight Club
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:11 PM   #70
Banned (ABWS)

Failed 94 Times in 54 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
what kind of car is it? I'll bid it off auction and donate it to charity

in the form of "$5 per bash of the sledgehammer"

and the very meaningful cause will be to feed my face.
His profile state its a 2010 TL
RevRav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:12 PM   #71
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,068 Times in 866 Posts
Failed 642 Times in 183 Posts
i would not have posted this on a public forum before seeking legal advise.

I think RS MGMT should cut the guy some slack and delete the posts.

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:20 PM   #72
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Failed 533 Times in 187 Posts
That sucks man. You shoulda just brake checked the truck. Hell that's what I woulda done.

Why you would keep driving "fast" with someone continually tailgating you is beyond me. I can usually sniff out when a cop is tailing me.

I do feel for ya on the whole "he doesn't actually know how fast you were going". The thing I think is fucked is that if you go to court and win... Do they reimburse you for the wrongfully taken car? Or do they just send you a sorry letter?
Old 04-20-2011, 11:28 PM   #73
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,776 Times in 444 Posts
Failed 195 Times in 67 Posts
See, the first thing i'd have done (granted, I never drive more than 20 over, and if it's 2 am I ALWAYS drive the limit, unless I'm in Brazil...), was to slow down to 80. You sped up? With a black truck? It's obvious it was an unmarked cop car.

And then you blow a warn. With an open container. Driving by yourself. And then cry on here? Really? Really?

Sorry for your loss, man, but get a lawyer. And don;t do stupid shit like this.

Edit: How fast were you going?
Mr.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 01:45 AM   #74
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Failed 54 Times in 22 Posts
He was traveling over 9000
jack3d is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-21-2011, 02:18 AM   #75
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Failed 95 Times in 37 Posts
Quote:

Then here I am, car taken away after being accused for driving like maniac, yet I still have my license. No license suspension or anything like that. Nothing is stopping me from getting another car to endanger the public again as they put it.

Last edited by cococly; 04-21-2011 at 02:26 AM.
cococly is offline   Reply With Quote