REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 05-15-2011, 08:02 AM   #76
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,216 Times in 510 Posts
Failed 852 Times in 132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark0821 View Post
Just my opinion...

I havnt failed anyone in this thread, because I think all arguments are valid..

but for those of you that went through the trouble of finding OP's blog + youtube account
do you feel that accomplished screwing someone you dont know personally over?

I dont mean we should "cover up" for the OP, just my own argument, think of it from OP's point of view

You were in an accident and your car is beyond repair. He already lost out I would say 10,000. Now, 10,000 to anyone is alot of money wouldnt you say? If OP was from vansky powered by mommy daddy, sure why the fuck not report this to the police. But, this is not the case, I personally worked my ass off to save up enough $$ to buy a car, at least to me, this incident has already taught a lesson to OP even without the huge ass penalty now he is going to face. Have all of you ever not have destroyed any public property what so ever during your whole life? (intentional or not) did you all went and report yourselfs?

OP came to revscene for help on HOW TO SALVAGE HIS CAR, to cut his losses from his hard earned money.

revscene is suppose to be a community to help each other out, not thinking 5Xs before posting something. I already think there is "enough" hate going around the forum, and now this...

I joined Revscene originally, not because revscene was a law breaking, street racing gearheads. But because it was a supportive community, where we look out for every single members within the club. Sometimes the "right" thing to do (in this case, fwd shit to RCMP) might not always be the "right" thing to do. Do you guys always "BE A MAN, DOOOO the RIGHT THING" in every situation you ever encountered?

just my 0.02

(i am an imiigrant, so my english/grammer/spellin is shit lol props to anyone who can read thru the whole thing once and understand it)
and no I dont know the OP personally, but I am somewhat dissapointed at the outcome of thie thread. Do we have to be this careful now, and be scared to post up your own cars that are running all straight pipes or slammed so low that it breaks the MVA law enforcement? I know police are members on this forum, so just let the police to their job.... They can get shit done without us fwd them shit here and there...
So I ran over my neighbours seeing eye dog a few nights ago. Tires lost grip on wet roads on the freeway and I spun out of control slamming into the poor mutt. You guys probably saw the damage I did if you took the exit ramp from Alderbridge onto Knight. It was just laying there, almost dead but not quite.

That aside I don't know what I should do about the car now. Claiming through ICBC would be the last thing I want because I don't want my insurance to sky rocket and they might charge me for the damage to the dog lol. Can someone tell me how repairing your car works?

No witnesses after the crash and I was able to drive home before the battery completely died the next day.

WAT DO DARK0821.

He did something illegal and is attempting to leave the scene without taking any responsibility. Declares it on a public internet forum where members of the police force frequently visit. Being " SUPPORTIVE " is making the OP learn he needs to be responsible for his actions by manning up instead of trying to find a backroute and "escape" so to speak.
Advertisement

Last edited by illicitstylz; 05-15-2011 at 08:07 AM.
illicitstylz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:27 AM   #77
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,254 Times in 618 Posts
Failed 98 Times in 40 Posts
I see your point, like I stated above, I understand yours and others point of view perfectly, no need to dramatize the whole incident by replacing a lamp post with a life.

He did break the law, I am not saying he didnt. BUT where do we draw the line? do you speed when you drive? I speed when I drive, I drive 60km/hr on city streets or just keep up with traffic. Do I expect a speeding ticket everytime I get behind a car?

should drivers notify the city when they leave a scrap mark on the wall of public parking lots? You know, so the city can touch up the paint on the wall and charge the driver a shit load of $$?

I am in no way saying that what you did is wrong at all. I am just trying to give people another perspective on the same situation. at the end of the day, I am not going to loose sleep over this thread. But revscene has changed, granted I havnt even been here all that long.

supportive means different things to different people I guess.

Example: Your friend just got dumped by his GF, even knowing you friend has had problems of his own, but when he calls you out to have a drink. Are you going to be "supportive" and tell him
"well, you fucked up man, you did this this and that, and its probably your fault that you ended up single"
did the friend break any law? nope, a pretty far strech from the context of this incident, but I am trying to illustrate a point of being "supportive"

to me... Supportive does not mean doing the right thing. Its called being supportive!

what I see in my eyes is that... given the limited information the OP has stated in the first post, his question was simple, how to get the most $$ out of his wreck, no need to go diggin up everything. What if I came in tomorrow and asked people on revscene how to install some HIDs in my /240SXcorolla and attach a picture of a HID kit I am holdin with my 240SX/corolla in the background?

AE101 Rolla 96' //Sold
RPS13 240SX 90' //STOLEN
RMS13 240SX 91' //Scrapped
RHS13 240SX 90' //Scrapped
S35 Rogue 12' //Gifted to Parents
GD 6MT Elantra 13' //Sold
CZ4A 5MT GSR Evo 08' // Totalled
Ioniq DCT 19' //Traded in
NA MX-5 5MT 97' // Sold
Prius Prime 21' //Traded in
Tesla Model 3 RWD DD
GSX-R 600 K5' Mental Therapy
Prius Prime 24' New Kids Carrier

Last edited by dark0821; 05-15-2011 at 08:32 AM.
dark0821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:33 AM   #78
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Failed 28 Times in 10 Posts
Posted via RS Mobile
Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-15-2011, 08:39 AM   #79
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:

to me... Supportive does not mean doing the right thing. Its called being supportive!
1 - so sure you can be supportive, but you're going to be supportive in a negative way( not doing the right thing ) ? Yes, that is a TRUE friend, encourage someone to not do the right thing. please, go on.

Quote:
what I see in my eyes is that... given the limited information the OP has stated in the first post, his question was simple, how to get the most $$ out of his wreck, no need to go diggin up everything. What if I came in tomorrow and asked people on revscene how to install some HIDs in my /240SXcorolla and attach a picture of a HID kit I am holdin with my 240SX/corolla in the background?

2- they'd dig out what vehicle you were installing it on , which you identified as a 240sx/corolla, then proceed to call you a phaggot for considering to install HIDs in a reflector assembly.
Old 05-15-2011, 08:47 AM   #80

You know what?

i know i am fighting a loosing battle... you are right, i am wrong...

i am unsupportive, thanks. I learned something about myself today.

I know plently of people who installs HIDs with on reflector assembly, EVO X GSR/Honda Fit/Arcura EL/E30 BMW M3, just within my own apartment parking lot... I guess I should go now and rat them out as well, since well.. ya, being supportive right?

like I stated above, I am not the one who is going to be out of $$, get in trouble with my parents, loose sleep over this.

Do whatever Revscene wants... I guess OP could have just shown a picture of his car and asked how to salvage it right?

pce... going out.. will check back tonight. =P

AE101 Rolla 96' //Sold
RPS13 240SX 90' //STOLEN
NA MX-5 5MT 97' // Sold
Tesla Model 3 RWD DD
Old 05-15-2011, 08:59 AM   #81
My homepage has been set to RS

Failed 36 Times in 10 Posts
Quote:
He did break the law, I am not saying he didnt. BUT where do we draw the line? do you speed when you drive? I speed when I drive, I drive 60km/hr on city streets or just keep up with traffic. Do I expect a speeding ticket everytime I get behind a car?
There is a difference between what is reasonable and what is not. Is it reasonable to give everyone a speeding ticket in your scenario? No. Is it reasonable to ticket everyone at the Art Gallery on 420? No. We're dealing with a single occurrence here with the OP and not multiple acts of law breaking.

Quote:
should drivers notify the city when they leave a scrap mark on the wall of public parking lots? You know, so the city can touch up the paint on the wall and charge the driver a shit load of $$?
Again, is it reasonable to have to report yourself scuffing a sidewalk? No. You're bringing it out of context. When a speeding driver or drunk driver crashes his car into a school, you would expect justice to be serve right? The OP leveled a lamp post, glass sprinkled all over the road, and left a lamp post unsecured on the ground on a highway ramp, isn't that more reasonable than scuffing a sidewalk?

Quote:
Example: Your friend just got dumped by his GF, even knowing you friend has had problems of his own, but when he calls you out to have a drink. Are you going to be "supportive" and tell him
"well, you fucked up man, you did this this and that, and its probably your fault that you ended up single"
did the friend break any law? nope, a pretty far strech from the context of this incident, but I am trying to illustrate a point of being "supportive"
Your GF approach is missing an illegal act. Of course you wouldn't tell your friend he fucked up. Add in an illegal act. Your buddy physically abused his GF not knowingly when he was drunk. Are you still going to be supporting him positively?

feedback
http://www.revscene.net/forums/showt...ighlight=noizz
Noizz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-15-2011, 09:12 AM   #82

like I said, my examples are far fetched to illustrate my own point of view...

I realized what I did is wrong, and what you guys are doing are right.so you can use my post as examples, but you dont have to persuade me into thinking I am doing something wrong, I already acknowledged that.

That being said, I am "supportive" like a young teenager while you guys are like the "parents/teacher/a nice rcmp" type of supportive

But OP clearly came on revscene to find support in the young teenager kind of way, we dont hang out with our parents for a reason imo...

I personally had my fireworks taken away by a bby rcmp only to have driven half a block, came back, and gave me back all the fireworks he took from me. I was lighting them up inside an elementary gravel soccer field. Yes I was breaking the law, but I explained I lived in an apartment so i dont really have a backyard. The RCMP, knowingly I am breaking the law still gave back the fireworks, now was he being supportive in a wrong way as well?

Just sayin, this is just my take on this specific incident.
I am wrong =P but I do feel for the OP at the same time

AE101 Rolla 96' //Sold
RPS13 240SX 90' //STOLEN
NA MX-5 5MT 97' // Sold
Tesla Model 3 RWD DD
Old 05-15-2011, 09:42 AM   #83
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Failed 24 Times in 6 Posts
^In your case, you're breaking the law but you haven't caused any property damage and the fact is that if you did, you would have been held liable. If your firework misfired and shot a building and damaged it, would you still walk away? Your personal experience is out of context.
The OP is probably a teenager looking at his post, worry about insurance rate (maybe first year N even), the overall look of the tumblr, etc. What a responsible person would do is have him learn from his mistakes. Running away from it will not make him a better person. He took the wrong direction already with his description, he hasn't replied or anything to admit his wrong doing. The only thing left is to teach him life in a harsher way.
It is not us being parents/teacher/a nice rcmp type of supportive. It is us being a member of society and how a real friend should be. If you're going to be stuck in the young teenager mentality you will never grow, you will never be able to go into society as it is a lot harsher than a "controlled" environment where if you do something wrong, your parents will scold you and you'll probably get away with it.
What OP did is breaking society's law and society's trust by not doing the right thing, who is to say next time something like this happens he wouldn't run away? What is not to say that he was actually going at high speeds that caused his tires to slip? An experienced driver knows to slow down when it rains, why was he going at speeds where he loses grip? There is also clearly people who see property damage on the light post. The light post is property of the people of Richmond, it follows all the conventions of property rights and property damage. Its the same as a hit and run.
kyoshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 09:53 AM   #84
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,636 Times in 875 Posts
Failed 218 Times in 79 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 737! View Post
No. op and chengman are two different people. Chengman doesn't drive that
Posted via RS Mobile
Qmx323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 09:55 AM   #85
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Failed 64 Times in 12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clowe View Post
lol from his tumblr:
Quote:

For those of you who are wondering, my tires lost grip and I did a 360 spin and my back end slammed into the lamp post. Roads were wet and tires lost grip. Yup yup....

sooooo let me get this straight.
he was going 60mph BACKWARDS? trololololololo
Old 05-15-2011, 10:00 AM   #86
Rider

Thanked 2,601 Times in 272 Posts
Failed 602 Times in 83 Posts
chengman drives a civic
Old 05-15-2011, 10:05 AM   #87

Failed 36 Times in 10 Posts
Quote:
That being said, I am "supportive" like a young teenager while you guys are like the "parents/teacher/a nice rcmp" type of supportive

I personally had my fireworks taken away by a bby rcmp only to have driven half a block, came back, and gave me back all the fireworks he took from me. I was lighting them up inside an elementary gravel soccer field. Yes I was breaking the law, but I explained I lived in an apartment so i dont really have a backyard. The RCMP, knowingly I am breaking the law still gave back the fireworks, now was he being supportive in a wrong way as well?

Just sayin, this is just my take on this specific incident.
I am wrong =P but I do feel for the OP at the same time
From the POV of the RCMP officer who took your fireworks away, you were in a gravel soccer field. There isn't an immediate threat from you firing off your fireworks in an open field of rocks. He must of felt you were responsible enough to at least do it out of harms way. You raise a good point though, kids gotta have fun right? But not at the expense of the safety of the public.

Now if you were to use those fireworks say on the public street, at cars in traffic, etc. the RCMP officer probably wouldn't have given if back to you or worse, take you in to your parents.

Don't look at the OP's accident as, "no one got hurt, its ok". Think about what could have happened. He took down a lamp post in the Alderbridge -> Knight ramp. It's a high traffic area, and one that everyone takes at semi-high speed. Someone could have been hurt as a result if the lamp post was in the middle of the road.

Again, looking at the BCIT parking lot incident. The guy in the STI almost died because someone wasn't careful. I'm sure who ever was responsible for that gate probably thought to himself, "the gate is not going to move around, if I don't pin it down, it's so heavy", or simply forgot. When really, a simple pin would have prevented someone almost losing their life and +$15,000 in damage.

feedback
http://www.revscene.net/forums/showt...ighlight=noizz
Noizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:07 AM   #88
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qmx323 View Post
i was expecting to see the red bimmer except i sat through that entire vid for nothing.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-15-2011, 10:25 AM   #89
WHAT? NO FOOD?

Thanked 1,134 Times in 231 Posts
Failed 158 Times in 54 Posts
I think I know who op is... However, I don't know him personally...
But Let me check before confirming... Stay tuned!
Santofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 11:36 AM   #90
It's like going crazy when you're already nuts

Thanked 3,047 Times in 790 Posts
Failed 90 Times in 38 Posts
You can't catch every fish in the sea, but when the fish leaps out of the water and into your hands then GG
Posted via RS Mobile
jing is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-15-2011, 11:39 AM   #91
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
Failed 187 Times in 86 Posts
ChengMan drives an RSX IIRC

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-15-2011, 12:37 PM   #92
Banned By Establishment

Failed 730 Times in 91 Posts

Quote:
I see your point, like I stated above, I understand yours and others point of view perfectly, no need to dramatize the whole incident by replacing a lamp post with a life.

I am in no way saying that what you did is wrong at all. I am just trying to give people another perspective on the same situation. at the end of the day, I am not going to loose sleep over this thread. But revscene has changed, granted I havnt even been here all that long.

supportive means different things to different people I guess.

BNR32_Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 12:43 PM   #93

Failed 59 Times in 28 Posts
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 12:46 PM   #94
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,174 Times in 1,554 Posts
Failed 120 Times in 54 Posts
When you post evidence of your wrongdoings on the internet, then your stupidity deserves to be punished. Stupid, stupid OP.
Old 05-15-2011, 01:53 PM   #95
Need to Seek Professional Help

Failed 48 Times in 22 Posts
part out some parts? what kind of wheels you have. pm me.

then again, what do I know... i've only been here since 2000
/// E46 328i
AutozamAZ-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 02:45 PM   #96
WHAT? NO FOOD?

Wow, guess what? I found out who is the OP.
What a dumbass.. I hope he deserve what he gets...
Old 05-15-2011, 02:55 PM   #97
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoku View Post
Wow, guess what? I found out who is the OP.
What a dumbass.. I hope he deserve what he gets...
provide proof or be failed.
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-15-2011, 02:59 PM   #98
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,814 Times in 957 Posts
Failed 715 Times in 210 Posts
OP should've been in a Japanese car.
flagella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 03:20 PM   #99
WHAT? NO FOOD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by illicitstylz View Post
provide proof or be failed.
If I provide the info
Will I get ban?
Old 05-15-2011, 03:30 PM   #100
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,636 Times in 875 Posts
Failed 218 Times in 79 Posts
probably get ur post deleted
Qmx323 is offline   Reply With Quote