REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 06-13-2011, 10:54 PM   #1
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
Flightnetwork

Has anyone had any experience with using this site? I found that this site is $300 cheaper then expedia or flightcentre but never heard of them before.
Advertisement
gc800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:14 AM   #2
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Failed 282 Times in 75 Posts
the site seems to good to be true..lol..but anyone on rs have experience with them
fsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:15 AM   #3
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Failed 282 Times in 75 Posts
edit..doesnt seem that great..they have a surcharge..i cant find out what it is for.
fsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:52 PM   #4
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
EVERYONE BEWARE OF FLIGHT NETWORK! I was very disappointed with Flight Network's service... I booked a four day flight to see my girlfriend in Toronto. The day after, I received a call from a Flight Network agent enthusiastically telling me about an insurance package that would cover me for flight changes in case of ANY unforseen circumstances. I purchased the insurance (the insurance cost me $96 and the flight was a total of $600).

When I wanted to extend my trip, they told me that my reason for extending the trip did not fall into one of their "46 categories" that I was insured for. I would definitely not have purchased it had the representative been clear that "any unforseen circumstances" was limited to earthquakes, disasters, death and medical emergencies... I called Flight Network and asked for a refund because it makes absolutely no sense for me to buy insurance that costs 1/7 of my flight for a 4 day trip (I'm flying WITHIN Canada).

After spending around 5 hours with customer service and waiting on hold, the manager told me that they could do nothing and I had to email Customer Care (funny enough, their staff don't have telephone access to this department...). I emailed them and waited 7 business days after which they responded telling me that theres nothing they can do. Spent another hour explaining my situation to more service reps and finally decided to give up... now I'm gonna have to pay a total of $300 to get my flight changed (cost of half my flight). Please treat your customers better and be flexible with your policies especially if your own agent was the one who made the mistake...

BE WARE! THEY GIVE GOOD PRICES BUT DON'T EXPECT ANY SERVICE FROM THEM WHEN YOU NEED IT.
seanZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:05 AM   #5
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,777 Times in 1,003 Posts
Failed 267 Times in 76 Posts
Most of the time, changing a booking made by a third party site has pretty stiff penalties. Nice first post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
This wouldn't happen if you didn't drive a peasant car like an Audi...
Quote:
[14-05, 14:59] FastAnna You tiny bra wearing, gigantic son of a bitch
[15-05, 10:35] FastAnna Yeah I was dreaming of those big titties in that tiny bra
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'd probably blow someone for that 911
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:21 AM   #6
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,380 Times in 479 Posts
Failed 51 Times in 26 Posts
i booked my vegas trip through them and its legit... though if you screw up your ticket and call them get ready for a long ass wait on the phone to get to someone, but when you do the person on the other end is pretty nice and will actually help you.
lilaznviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:33 PM   #7
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Failed 30 Times in 1 Post
I did a quick comparison with the dates that I wanted to go (November 14 - 18) and it looks like both Alaska Air and Allegiant was still a tiny bit cheaper, but of course I'm not including the fact that I would have to drive down to Bellingham and pay $10/day for parking. If I factor that in I think it's about the same.

Hope that helps.
dutd33 is offline   Reply With Quote