REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 04:56 AM   #3301

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Failed 418 Times in 188 Posts
2011/08/22:Ryan Kesler (hip surgery) believes he will be ready to play in Vancouver's 2011-12 regular-season opener. "It's going good; small victories here and there," Kesler told Canucks TV. "I just got off my crutches and I'll start strengthening so everything is back to normal. I'll start skating here in the next couple of weeks and hopefully be back by that first game." Kesler understands the rehab process for this procedure because he had a similar surgery in January 2007 and ended up returning 10 weeks later. He said that experience has helped him during this recovery and it may get him back sooner than expected. Stay tuned. (Source: NHL.com)
Advertisement
Old 08-23-2011, 05:05 AM   #3302
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 4,049 Times in 1,727 Posts
Failed 434 Times in 211 Posts
Hodgson's not happy...
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
Old 08-23-2011, 05:24 AM   #3303
I'm better than you.

Thanked 3,087 Times in 658 Posts
Failed 373 Times in 115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
Hodgson's not happy...
man, i was saying that at the start of this season and for the most of last year.

'14 Toyota Yaris [Work Daily]
'89 Toyota Cressida MX83 [Collector's status]
'15 Honda Ruckus [Summer cruiser]
'96 Toyota Hilux Surf KZN185 [Weekend Warrior]

Buy & Sell Ratings!
Old 08-23-2011, 08:23 AM   #3304
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Failed 67 Times in 49 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
Hodgson's not happy...
Is this your opinion or reported?

Although I'm not surprised if he was. He hasn't gotten any good opportunities so far.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:49 AM   #3305
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 4,049 Times in 1,727 Posts
Failed 434 Times in 211 Posts
^ nah, just my opinion.

But it's not going to be reported in the media or anything that Hodgson's mad.
He would be stupid to show it. But we all know how he feels.

On that note, I hope Kesler isn't rushing it. It's early in the season,
and I actually want to see what Hodgson can do...
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
Old 08-23-2011, 12:11 PM   #3306
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,215 Times in 2,291 Posts
Failed 1,143 Times in 311 Posts
Whatever may be the case
The CoHo/Canucks situation is the worst of both worlds since day one.

im not surprised hes not happy, cuz he hasnt really been given a legit chance to actually shine yet either.

on side note...

Jersey Fouls Extra: Edmonton gets RAW with Sheldon Souray - Puck Daddy - NHL Blog - Yahoo! Sports

i love how wysh is a huge WWE fan..this is match made in heaven for him. haha

Old 08-23-2011, 12:16 PM   #3307
My homepage has been set to RS

Failed 73 Times in 39 Posts
Hodgson will have to play wing. He'll be fine

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
This post thanked by:
Old 08-23-2011, 02:09 PM   #3308
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Failed 21 Times in 9 Posts
Winnipeg Jets leaked jersey which they said that these are not real (just read the news from 24hours during my lunch lol).

what do you guys think?

Old 08-23-2011, 02:20 PM   #3309

Quote:
Originally Posted by trancehead View Post
Hodgson will have to play wing. He'll be fine
Sounds about right. I've read that Hodgson could play his natural position at center, and Kesler would take the wing. Hodgson would then switch with Kesler when faceoffs are taken.

Win-win situation if that happens.
Old 08-23-2011, 03:27 PM   #3310
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,872 Times in 5,920 Posts
Failed 2,053 Times in 684 Posts
lol obviously Kesler is a far superior center than Hodgson in every way, there's no way they would put him at center over Kesler

Center is the hardest position to play on the forwards
Old 08-23-2011, 03:56 PM   #3311
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,763 Times in 592 Posts
Failed 1,118 Times in 265 Posts
tampa new jersey looks better than the not yet confirm jets jersey
Old 08-23-2011, 04:03 PM   #3312
Banned (ABWS)

practice facility

and

Old 08-23-2011, 06:23 PM   #3313
I'm better than you.

Thanked 3,087 Times in 658 Posts
Failed 373 Times in 115 Posts
reading the story on tsn about crosby... should hockey fans/canadians be worried that crosby might actually be done? stamkos comments on the topic and says he wants crosby back.

he's been out for a while, i figured he would be ready for the playoffs, but now he's not even sure if he's ready for the season opener

'14 Toyota Yaris [Work Daily]
'89 Toyota Cressida MX83 [Collector's status]
'15 Honda Ruckus [Summer cruiser]
'96 Toyota Hilux Surf KZN185 [Weekend Warrior]

Buy & Sell Ratings!
Old 08-23-2011, 06:27 PM   #3314
Banned (ABWS)

canada wont be the same without crosby in the 2014 Olympics

and more importantly NHL wont be the same without crosby
Old 08-23-2011, 07:13 PM   #3315

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
lol obviously Kesler is a far superior center than Hodgson in every way, there's no way they would put him at center over Kesler

Center is the hardest position to play on the forwards
So would you rather have Hodgson, a guy that has weak skating playing on the wing? Didn't Canucks fans go on and on about Kesler needing someone that can pass the puck to him? Who does that best? Hodgson.

It'd take the pressure off of Kesler to make those passes Hodgson. But as of right now, I'd rather want a legitimate top 6 power forward like Doan to play with Kesler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn79 View Post
canada wont be the same without crosby in the 2014 Olympics

and more importantly NHL wont be the same without crosby
You're thinking about the 2014 olympics when it's 3 years away?

Canada has loads of talent progressing with the likes of Stamkos, Carter, Giroux, Duchene, Hall, Eberle, etc who could all crack the roster and take over Crosby's spot if needed.

I wouldn't say Crosby is done..especially when his agent released this statement yesterday:

Quote:
With a little over three weeks to go before the Pittsburgh Penguins are scheduled to open training camp, Sidney Crosby's status remains as uncertain as ever.

Amid speculation the Penguins captain has suffered a setback in his recovery from post-concussion syndrome, Crosby's agent released a statement Monday to pour cold water on media reports.

"Sidney hasn't been shut down by anyone," said agent Pat Brisson of CAA Sports. "He has simply adjusted his summer program accordingly to the different needs (required) for appropriate recovery."

Brisson indicated that Crosby will address the media at an "appropriate time" to provide an update on his condition.

The 24-year-old hasn't spoke to reporters since two days after the Penguins season ended in April. He last appeared in a game on Jan. 5, when he took a blow to the head for a second straight game and was diagnosed with a concussion.

Last week, Penguins general manager Ray Shero told reporters Crosby "has progressed really well this summer" and indicated the star centre was due to return to Pittsburgh for evaluation before the team opens training camp on Sept. 17.

However, Shero stopped short of predicting whether Crosby would be in the lineup when the Penguins open the regular season in Vancouver on Oct. 6.

"There is no expectation from me that he won't be ready or he will be ready," Shero said.

On Monday night, CTV News reported Crosby had suffered a setback that forced him to cancel all of his scheduled on-ice workouts in a Halifax rink.

Citing several unnamed sources, the network also said it appears unlikely that Crosby will attend the start of training camp—a claim Brisson took issue with.

"Training camp is in three weeks from now," he said. "It is too premature to speculate all kinds of deliberate information at this point. ...

"As far as I know training camp hasn't started yet."
Old 08-23-2011, 07:42 PM   #3316
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Failed 81 Times in 29 Posts
rypien.jpg
Old 08-23-2011, 08:23 PM   #3317
My homepage has been set to RS

Failed 73 Times in 39 Posts
^heartwarming

and Crosby is the best player at this moment. Of course that would hurt team canada

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
Old 08-23-2011, 09:09 PM   #3318
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Failed 124 Times in 79 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
So would you rather have Hodgson, a guy that has weak skating playing on the wing? Didn't Canucks fans go on and on about Kesler needing someone that can pass the puck to him? Who does that best? Hodgson.

It'd take the pressure off of Kesler to make those passes Hodgson. But as of right now, I'd rather want a legitimate top 6 power forward like Doan to play with Kesler.
Let me see if I get this right.

You want to take.... a SELKE CALIBRE 2 way centreman...

to play wing?

IN FAVOUR OF HODGSON? The guy who can't score and can't defend to earn himself a solid roster spot?

I mean, to crack bottom 6 you don't even need scoring. AV just needs you to be defensively reliable at the least; and he couldn't even do that. And you want to give this guy a top 6 spot on a silver platter? based on what? his hype?

Sorry, but if he's ready to be a regular, it'll show in pre-season; let alone be ready for top 6.
( yeah, maybe if we were ranked 25 - 30th in the league)
Old 08-23-2011, 09:12 PM   #3319
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Failed 205 Times in 120 Posts
crosby isnt just the best player in the league. the NHL has done a ton of work pushing him as the FACE of the league since before his rookie season.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:15 PM   #3320
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Failed 410 Times in 209 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
crosby isnt just the best player in the league. the NHL has done a ton of work pushing him as the FACE of the league since before his rookie season.

edit - i'm retarded

Last edited by spideyv2; 08-23-2011 at 09:55 PM.
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-23-2011, 09:15 PM   #3321
Big Drama Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post

to play wing?

IN FAVOUR OF HODGSON? The guy who can't score and can't defend to earn himself a solid roster spot?

I mean, to crack bottom 6 you don't even need scoring. AV just needs you to be defensively reliable at the least; and he couldn't even do that. And you want to give this guy a top 6 spot on a silver platter? based on what? his hype?

Sorry, but if he's ready to be a regular, it'll show in pre-season; let alone be ready for top 6.
lol yeah, hodgson definitely has to earn his position. So far, he hasn't been able to do that.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:21 PM   #3322

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post

to play wing?

I never suggested it, just read it off someone else

But where else would Hodgson fit? The 4th line? How was he suppose to progress by playing on the 4th line with the likes of Bolduc and Glass?

Hodgson has been tried on the wing but his speed is not up to par and is a natural fit at centre. A playmaking top-two centre is hard to come by and Hodgson has the talent to be one--he's just never been given the chance with his injury problems and 4th line position.

He's been training with Gary Roberts this summer and is healthy. Just a reminder, Jeff Skinner, Steve Downie and Stamkos all train with Roberts and it helped with their production.

Also, Henrik is reportedly injured, and lets say Kesler is back in time for the season opener. Who would take the 2nd line centre role? MALHOLTRA? LAPIERRE?

The second line desperately needs a play-maker, here's hoping Hodgson can be that guy.

Last edited by jeedee; 08-23-2011 at 09:30 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-23-2011, 09:29 PM   #3323
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Failed 205 Times in 120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
crosby isnt JUST the best player in the league. the NHL has done a ton of work pushing him as the FACE of the league since before his rookie season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayare604 View Post
Ok, who in your opinion is the best player in the league then?
Old 08-23-2011, 09:37 PM   #3324
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Failed 124 Times in 79 Posts
Quote:

But where else would Hodgson fit? The 4th line? How was he suppose to progress by playing on the 4th line with the likes of Bolduc and Glass?

Hodgson has been tried on the wing but his speed is not up to par and is a natural fit at centre. A playmaking top-two centre is hard to come by and Hodgson has the talent to be one--he's just never been given the chance with his injury problems and 4th line position.

He's been training with Gary Roberts this summer and is healthy. Just a reminder, Jeff Skinner, Steve Downie and Stamkos all train with Roberts and it helped with their production.

Also, Henrik is reportedly injured, and lets say Kesler is back in time for the season opener. Who would take the 2nd line centre role? MALHOLTRA? LAPIERRE?

The second line desperately needs a play-maker, here's hoping Hodgson can be that guy.
oh, lol. I seriously thought that's you were suggesting.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:57 PM   #3325
Big Drama Show

Quote:

hopefully hodgson's been working on his skating and strength this off-season.
Imagine Kesler on a line with a good playmaker.....
Closed Thread