REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 10:19 PM   #5276
SardaukarMod

Failed 15 Times in 13 Posts
^^ very nice move by letang.
Advertisement
2002 Volkswagen GTI 337 in Reflex Silver (SOLD)
2007 Suzuki SV650N in Oort Grey (SOLD)
Old 10-06-2011, 10:23 PM   #5277
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,378 Times in 2,403 Posts
Failed 393 Times in 159 Posts
Fuking Canucks and Yankees lost, what a bad night.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:29 PM   #5278
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
Failed 444 Times in 144 Posts
I think 99.8% of viewers called Samuelson shooting glove side low or high and burrows with his kick to backhand. Come on, try something else!!
Old 10-06-2011, 10:34 PM   #5279
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
Failed 514 Times in 158 Posts
FUck why couldn't there be a game this Saturday

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
Old 10-06-2011, 10:40 PM   #5280
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,541 Times in 1,727 Posts
Failed 101 Times in 61 Posts
choices for tonight's shootout were... strange.
Spoiler!
Old 10-06-2011, 10:54 PM   #5281
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Failed 410 Times in 209 Posts
put hank and dank on SO list next time

thx
Old 10-06-2011, 11:13 PM   #5282
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Failed 20 Times in 6 Posts
doesn't matter who we put in..those were weak save attempts by Luongo
Old 10-06-2011, 11:16 PM   #5283
Big Drama Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyGuy View Post
doesn't matter who we put in..those were weak save attempts by Luongo
missing both attempts we had doesn't matter?

mos def
Old 10-06-2011, 11:57 PM   #5284
My homepage has been set to RS

Failed 22 Times in 16 Posts
First game, whatever, at least we got a point.

First off, Sedins were great as always - they seem to be in mid-season form which is nice to see, especially having played so little pre-season games. Hanks backhand sauce to Dank was unreal.

Sturm and Samuelsson seem unmotivated and slow, whereas Cody seemed to be skating his ass off and trying to make plays. Neither of the wingers were often open for the pass, and even if they were, they lacked the foot speed to make anything of it. Higgins - CoHo - Samuelsson might be something to try out instead.

Third line was okay, Higgins played well, Malhotra was meh and Hansen was pretty bad for his first game.

Fourth line looked good, they were hard on the forecheck, generated offensive chances and were fairly responsible in their own zone.

Lu really needs to stop flopping in shoot outs, staying square to the shooter and not leaning forward so much may help. The flop brings back bad memories, a la Ben Smith game 6, overtime. Lu is a great tendy, he just needs to use his size a bit more.

Anyways, it was an entertaining game and I'm beyond stoked that hockey is back on TV. It's only one game, so I'm not making any assumptions and am taking it all with a grain of salt - it's one game. We had a slow start last season and ended up winning the President's Trophy, so who knows! Looking forward to more puck anyways.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:05 AM   #5285
Work hard, Play Hard - Wiz

Thanked 2,011 Times in 368 Posts
Failed 365 Times in 46 Posts
Holy. Sportsnet new layout looks so ugly.
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 10-07-2011, 12:33 AM   #5286
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 4,049 Times in 1,727 Posts
Failed 434 Times in 211 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsx View Post
I think 99.8% of viewers called Samuelson shooting glove side low or high and burrows with his kick to backhand. Come on, try something else!!
Burrows scores most of his breakaways with that backhand move though...

To be honest, I don't think Burrows really has "something else"
I've seen him try other moves... like shooting right at the goalie...
And that's when I start raging, wondering why he didn't do his trademark backhand move.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
This post thanked by:
Old 10-07-2011, 07:25 AM   #5287
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Failed 31 Times in 24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristianhay View Post
Anyways, it was an entertaining game and I'm beyond stoked that hockey is back on TV. It's only one game, so I'm not making any assumptions and am taking it all with a grain of salt - it's one game. We had a slow start last season and ended up winning the President's Trophy, so who knows! Looking forward to more puck anyways.
Yeah I've giving them 2 weeks until they really start picking it up. They only had one preseason game with the current team so I'm sure they're still building chemistry with each other.
Old 10-07-2011, 08:14 AM   #5288
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,081 Times in 2,097 Posts
Failed 215 Times in 113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaz View Post
never liked him, always thought we had the same if not more in schnieder. each season i give him a chance yet he continues to disappoint. i know a lot of others feel that way here too just too many people think hes the best thing since sliced bread. yet, fail to realize hes a. had his stats padded by playing in the southeast division when it was super weak and b. playing behind a very good team in vancouver.
always thought we had the same if not more in schneider? he's only been our backup for 2 yrs... how long have you been a fan?

stats padded by playing in the SE? he has the best record of any goaltender over the past 5 years (in case you missed it during last night's broadcast). Lets do some math here... came to Vancouver in 2006.. 2011 - 2006 = yep, you guessed it, 5 years.

Way too easy to hate on Lu. It's almost a bandwagon in itself.

All the people not realizing what we have in Luongo is tiresome. I'm not saying he's the be all end all, but he's a damn good goaltender. If you can't appreciate what he's done then you really don't know what you're talking about and are joining the rest of the armchair GMs out there who would have made the mistake of trading Lu years ago.

/rant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
Old 10-07-2011, 08:20 AM   #5289
Big Drama Show

The only problem with Lu is his mental breakdowns. He tends to crumble under pressure a lot of the times..althOugh he was pretty solid for most of last year
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 10-07-2011, 08:33 AM   #5290
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,220 Times in 1,254 Posts
Failed 136 Times in 64 Posts
In a 4-3 SO loss, do we get 4 GA or should it be 3?
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Old 10-07-2011, 08:38 AM   #5291
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Failed 124 Times in 79 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodnarb View Post
always thought we had the same if not more in schneider? he's only been our backup for 2 yrs... how long have you been a fan?

stats padded by playing in the SE? he has the best record of any goaltender over the past 5 years (in case you missed it during last night's broadcast). Lets do some math here... came to Vancouver in 2006.. 2011 - 2006 = yep, you guessed it, 5 years.

All the people not realizing what we have in Luongo is tiresome. I'm not saying he's the be all end all, but he's a damn good goaltender. If you can't appreciate what he's done then you really don't know what you're talking about and are joining the rest of the armchair GMs out there who would have made the mistake of trading Lu years ago.

/rant
You're correct that he's damn good but based on what perspective? His predecessors?

By signing an $8M + per year contract (yes I know his hit it $5M but only due to legal fenagling by a team of lawyers and capologists), the basis of perspective changes.

Sure maybe a few rounds in the Post-Season you can get away with being just "good." But going the distance (which the only thing this franchise has left to do) the only thing that matter's is the difference between good & great.

I don't know, I'm still on the fence this year. I absolutely love 99% of this team but that 1% is starting to get to me as a fan. I still can't get over the fact that during the SCF, when one goalie got owned (Burrows OTG), he got pissed and vowed never to be owned again and one goalie is indifferent about losing a game by 8 goals, or by 1.

Even though that SCF spoke volumes about Luongo, I was already done pumping his tires after his 3rd season.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:07 AM   #5292
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Failed 20 Times in 7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
I still can't get over the fact that during the SCF, when one goalie got owned (Burrows OTG), he got pissed and vowed never to be owned again and one goalie is indifferent about losing a game by 8 goals, or by 1.
And this is why I think our fanbase has such a problem with him. He is not a likeable guy at all and in his interviews he really does come across as an indifferent "I don't give a damn about anything" kind of athlete. Add to that his polarizing play and the constant critiquing of hockey fans and there you have it. Of course, it doesn't help that he brings this on himself.

Put Schneider in Luongo's place for the last 5 years in a Canuck uniform,but keep Cory's likeable attitude and I'm pretty confident that the sentiments would be different in Vancouver.

Until Lu gets dethroned here, we've got to keep our faith in check and ride with him.

"Harvey Belafonte ain't black. He's just a good looking white guy dipped in caramel. " - Archie Bunker
This post thanked by:
Old 10-07-2011, 09:21 AM   #5293
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
Failed 178 Times in 73 Posts
In the eyes of Vancouver fans, if Luongo doesnt win by shutout hes not the reason why we won the game. Its pretty sad that he just won the Jennings Trophy, he was a vezina trophy finalist, backstopped our team to Game 7 to the SCF. Yet it still isnt enough.
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-07-2011, 09:58 AM   #5294

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Failed 418 Times in 188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceIntegraRS View Post
In the eyes of Vancouver fans, if Luongo doesnt win by shutout hes not the reason why we won the game. Its pretty sad that he just won the Jennings Trophy, he was a vezina trophy finalist, backstopped our team to Game 7 to the SCF. Yet it still isnt enough.
Posted via RS Mobile
There's only 1 thing that matters:

The Cup

And until Lu wins it, he will continue to be ripped apart after every game.
Old 10-07-2011, 10:03 AM   #5295
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayare604 View Post
put hank and dank on SO list next time

thx
sedins haven't done well in the shootout historically i believe. daniel is of course better than henrik in this case.
Spoiler!
Old 10-07-2011, 10:05 AM   #5296
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,599 Times in 4,953 Posts
Failed 316 Times in 202 Posts
Looking forward to next game.
Old 10-07-2011, 10:07 AM   #5297
My homepage has been set to RS

Failed 22 Times in 16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 View Post
sedins haven't done well in the shootout historically i believe. daniel is of course better than henrik in this case.
I think that Daniels carrer S/O stats are actually better than Samuelssons. What is he now, 1/9?
Old 10-07-2011, 10:12 AM   #5298
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

whoa, have to wait until monday? boo
Spoiler!
Old 10-07-2011, 10:27 AM   #5299

Failed 79 Times in 52 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodnarb View Post

/rant
I guess you saw the part about se division, raged and posted. I said he also greatly benefited from good canucks teams in front of him every year. The only year he did play up to what hes been hyped to is the year we lost to anaheim in the second round. He played like an elite goaltender that year, I'll give him that. I'm not one to ignore it when he deserves credit. But even if you look at that, whos fault was it for that loss in the elimination game. It comes down to luongo yelling at a ref instead of saving the puck. But seriously, never have I seen an "elite" goalie flop, miss the puck and give up so many shitty goals. As for schnieder I guess since you've only noticed him 2 years in the NHL, nothing else matters. Screw the AHL, NCAA etc. Personally I've seen him playing since college. It's not hard to tell when a goalies gonna be good, and it only helps to judge when you've played goalie yourself. Especially when hes that positionally sound. Your argument about schnieder is basically like saying when stamkos first joined the league: steven stamkos has never played in the league hes going to suck.
I've never been a Luongo fan, I am in no way on his "bandwagon".
Old 10-07-2011, 10:30 AM   #5300
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,624 Times in 4,325 Posts
Failed 1,035 Times in 351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 View Post
whoa, have to wait until monday? boo
That's great news. It's a long weekend and I'm going to Sechelt drinking
Closed Thread