REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 07:02 AM   #11701
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,872 Times in 5,920 Posts
Failed 2,053 Times in 684 Posts
Bollands a fucking little bitch, if you're gonna come out and say it stand by it obviously the team got
To him but it just looks fucking pathetic
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
Old 12-15-2011, 08:10 AM   #11702
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Failed 35 Times in 23 Posts
Team 1040 was talking to Pierre Lebrun this morning...he was surprised about how many players in the league hated the Canucks during the cup final and cheered for Boston.

Brutal.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:14 AM   #11703
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,599 Times in 4,953 Posts
Failed 316 Times in 202 Posts
I'm not surprised...... finger biting, Kesler, Lappy, Beiska, etc.....

On the other hand, who cares?

Kelly's still a great gal!
This post thanked by:
Old 12-15-2011, 08:29 AM   #11704
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,220 Times in 1,254 Posts
Failed 136 Times in 64 Posts
"Hating" the players on the Vancouver Canucks is one thing, but you can't deny that management and Aquilini have done an excellent job in creating a positive, winning environment here in Vancouver.

It would be interesting to see the results of a "name 5 teams/cities you would like to play for" poll, and see if Vancouver gets picked often.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Old 12-15-2011, 08:58 AM   #11705
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Failed 35 Times in 23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
I'm not surprised...... finger biting, Kesler, Lappy, Beiska, etc.....

On the other hand, who cares?

Kelly's still a great gal!
Every team has their fair share of bad guys.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:59 AM   #11706
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
Failed 178 Times in 73 Posts
But when u win as much as the canucks did last season of course your gonna be hated.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 12-15-2011, 09:09 AM   #11707
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,763 Times in 592 Posts
Failed 1,118 Times in 265 Posts
Try to see it as if u werent a canucks fan. Canucks did whine and dive A LOT more than usual trying to draw penalties during the finals.

They are still a better team but they just peaked too early in the san jose series and had to battle with injury vs boston.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:00 AM   #11708
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,123 Times in 533 Posts
Failed 71 Times in 38 Posts
Mancari recalled on emergency basis.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:52 AM   #11709
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Failed 87 Times in 17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
My thoughts are pretty much if the Canucks were the douchebags in this situation, they would be the ones starting the yapping but that's just rarely the case. When do you remember the Canucks starting beef with anyone? It's always other teams or fucking morons like Mike Milbury talking shit. The Canucks will respond but they don't start things.

The Hawks, the Bruins, Mark Recchi, Bolland, etc all beat the Canucks and had the opportunity to take the high road and say good game but they've always come back talking shit. The way they're portrayed, you would expect the Canucks to come out in November and say the Bruins were the biggest assholes in the world or whatever but instead, you have a guy that retired on a high note in his career with a Cup (his third...I think) come out and call the Canucks arrogant and classless when he isn't even playing in the NHL anymore.

Oh and apart from SOB (even though he didn't technically do anything wrong), how much drama surrounds any of the Canucks players? You have Patrick Kane beating cabbies, Buttfugly sailing drunk or whatever...while the worst thing to happen to the Canucks happened in the previous era with Bertuzzi. I mean, I know a couple of stories about some pretty wild events involving the Canucks but they're just being young and rich, rather than punching people out over 20 cents.
Considering the Blackhawks and Bruins both won cups, maybe it would help the Canucks to have a little additude...hmm wait they would have to be able to back it up....nevermind

Last edited by skippynixx; 12-15-2011 at 02:49 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-15-2011, 01:02 PM   #11710
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
Failed 514 Times in 158 Posts
i love the canucks

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
Old 12-15-2011, 01:02 PM   #11711
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Failed 282 Times in 75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by highfive View Post
Mancari recalled on emergency basis.
I hear Daniel Sedin is injured and thats why he was recalled. Can anyone confirm with a link.
Old 12-15-2011, 01:16 PM   #11712
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,597 Times in 2,543 Posts
Failed 434 Times in 126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
I hear Daniel Sedin is injured and thats why he was recalled. Can anyone confirm with a link.
sportsnetmurph: Raymond-Henrik-Burrows Higgins-Kelser-Hansen Mancari-Hodgson-Weise Rome-Malhotra-Lapierre

VanCanucks Vancouver Canucks
AV: Daniel woke up with a stiff back this morning and will not play tonight. #Canucks

Also:

TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie
After seeing concussion Drs., PHI's Chris Pronger won't be playing anytime soon and I won't be surprised he doesn't play rest of season.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback

Last edited by sonick; 12-15-2011 at 01:28 PM.
Old 12-15-2011, 01:28 PM   #11713
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Failed 609 Times in 221 Posts
Daniel must've fallen from the top bunk this morning.
Old 12-15-2011, 01:43 PM   #11714
Fanboy

Failed 91 Times in 28 Posts
Blake Price retweeted this
Check out why this guy got suspended from his hockey league
http://neshl_mboston.stats.pointstre...&seasonid=7647
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 12-15-2011, 01:46 PM   #11715
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Failed 128 Times in 71 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
WTF

I wouldn't want my gloves back after that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 12-15-2011, 01:47 PM   #11716
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,220 Times in 1,254 Posts
Failed 136 Times in 64 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
Posted via RS Mobile
Wow, that requires some serious TALENT.

I'm always scared of having to take a piss or crap while wearing full gear.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Old 12-15-2011, 02:12 PM   #11717
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,282 Times in 591 Posts
Failed 65 Times in 37 Posts
Ehhh..
Quote:
Now before you get too far into this column let me preface this by saying this is not an official trade, this is merely what I think the Vancouver Canucks should do.

The Canucks should trade Roberto Luongo to the Tampa Bay Lightning and here is why.

First and foremost Luongo can’t trigger a trade until sometime around 2015 but that doesn’t mean he won’t waive his no trade clause to go to the right situation. Past precedent has shown that if a player is offered the right opportunity they would waive their no trade clause. Tampa Bay would be that opportunity for Luongo.

Luongo has family that lives in Florida and they go back there during the off-season. So there would be a huge appeal to playing a lot closer to family and home.

As we saw last playoffs the Lightning made a nice run and are close to being a contender, however they are in desperate need of a goaltender. With superstars like Steven Stamkos, Martin St. Louis and Vincent Lecavalier along with young stars like Brett Connolly, Victor Hedman and Teddy Purcell the Lightning have a team that is ready to contend.

It appears that age has finally caught up to Dwayne Roloson as his numbers have dropped off from where they were last season and even his career. Roloson’s 3.67 GAA is the highest of his career and his 0.882 SV% is the lowest of his career. Roloson is better suited as a veteran back-up.

Tampa Bay needs to make a move now before the hole gets too big, they are currently sitting 13th overall in the Eastern Conference and just five points out of a playoff spot. Over the last 10 games the Lightning are 3-7-0. The Lightning stars are either in their prime or entering their prime so now is the time to contend. Tampa Bay needs to address their goaltending and Luongo would be a great fit. Don’t forget that Luongo already has a relationship with GM Steve Yzerman from the 2010 Olympic Winter Games.

The Canucks will have to address their goaltending this season as Cory Schneider has proven that he is ready to be a starter in the NHL and his contract is up. Schneider will be a restricted free agent this off-season but you can count on several teams making large offers. Canucks can’t afford to keep both goalies forcing them to move one.

So what would the Canucks want for Luongo?

The Canucks are in need of a big power forward and Ryan Malone would fit that bill. Malone is 6-4 and 224 pounds and would be strong force in front of the net. Malone has five 20+ goal seasons and brings a vast amount of playoff experience, including a run with Pittsburgh to the finals in 2008. Malone could line-up with the twins on the first line, where he would create havoc for the goalie while the twins are cycling the puck.

As nice as it would be to be off the hook for the remaining years of Luongo’s contract it would take more than Malone. Tampa would need to add some youth into the deal. Connolly is not as option as he was Yzerman’s first draft pick as the Lightning’s GM. Hedman isn’t going anywhere either as Yzerman knows firsthand how valuable an elite #1 defenceman is. A player like Carter Ashton would be available.

Ashton is a 6-3 and 215 pound power forward prospect. Ashton can play either wing which is important as the Canucks are deep at center. Ashton was a scoring machine in the WHL where he scored 30 or more goals twice despite playing for three different WHL teams. Ashton has shown the same scoring ability in the AHL where he has 13 goals and 22 points in 27 AHL games.

The Canucks would want a veteran goalie to back-up Schneider so adding Mathieu Garon to the mix would give them a goalie with 10 years experience. Garon has proven to be a very reliable back-up goaltender that would help develop Schneider into an elite goaltender.

Cap wise this deal works for both teams. Tampa Bay according to capgeek.com currently has around $3,000,000 in cap space. Luongo’s remaining cap hit is just over $3,000,000 so the deal could work.

Remember that even though Luongo may be an elite goaltender the package in return for him may not involve an elite player going back to the Canucks. Part of the appeal for trading Luongo would be getting out from under his 12 year contract.

The deal would look like this Luongo for Malone, Ashton, Garon and a draft pick, this deal makes sense for both sides, the Canucks move Luongo and his big contract while promoting Schneider as their new number one. Vancouver adds a big net presence and power forward that will line-up with the twins, as well as a power forward prospect. Tampa Bay gets an elite goalie to get them over the hump. Luongo gets to still play for a contender while being close to home. It’s a win-win-win deal.

Like I said this is not a real deal just something I think would help both teams involved. I am looking forward to seeing what transpire with the Canucks goaltending situation.
Vancouver should trade Roberto Luongo to Tampa Bay - Blogs - Fantasy Hockey Coach
Old 12-15-2011, 02:20 PM   #11718
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,763 Times in 592 Posts
Failed 1,118 Times in 265 Posts
How will that trade benefit us? Malone aint shit come playoff time. We need defenceman...

If weber or sutter dont resign with the preds, they both are worth up to a top line foward + top prospect + 2 first round pick (similar to pronger trade)
Old 12-15-2011, 02:34 PM   #11719
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Failed 410 Times in 209 Posts
stream?

edit- nvm, i thought the game was on at 330 :S
Old 12-15-2011, 02:38 PM   #11720
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Failed 67 Times in 49 Posts
That trade would be robbery and who the hell would give so much for Luongo. We're going to give up more in lieu of his massive contract.
Old 12-15-2011, 02:40 PM   #11721
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,123 Times in 533 Posts
Failed 71 Times in 38 Posts
Honestly, I don't mind the Schneider/Luongo pair. Remember the playoffs when Sabourin came in net instead of Luongo?

Imagine if we traded Luongo, and we have Schneider who suddenly cramped up.
Old 12-15-2011, 02:47 PM   #11722
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Failed 410 Times in 209 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by highfive View Post
Honestly, I don't mind the Schneider/Luongo pair. Remember the playoffs when Sabourin came in net instead of Luongo?

Imagine if we traded Luongo, and we have Schneider who suddenly cramped up.
MIA Lou reveals he was ... in the loo
Old 12-15-2011, 03:08 PM   #11723
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,491 Times in 1,141 Posts
Failed 79 Times in 53 Posts
That Tampa trade proposal was written by a guy who doesn't watch the Canucks on a regular basis. Burrows is the best line mate the Sedins have ever had. We don't need a power forward on that line because Burrows can read the Twins so well.

Malone on the 2nd line sounds great in theory, but what about David Booth?
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 12-15-2011, 03:08 PM   #11724
I'm better than you.

Thanked 3,087 Times in 658 Posts
Failed 373 Times in 115 Posts
carolina's jersey is awful.

'14 Toyota Yaris [Work Daily]
'89 Toyota Cressida MX83 [Collector's status]
'15 Honda Ruckus [Summer cruiser]
'96 Toyota Hilux Surf KZN185 [Weekend Warrior]

Buy & Sell Ratings!
Old 12-15-2011, 03:11 PM   #11725
Banned By Establishment

Failed 275 Times in 82 Posts
Anyone else hear the other broadcast in the background?
Closed Thread