REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 12:17 PM   #13401
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Failed 20 Times in 7 Posts
I have to say this was surprising. Then again, a lot of people were complaining that AV should be starting the goalie who gives the Canucks the best chance to win. Even with Lu being on a hot streak right now, maybe that fact overrides all.
Advertisement

"Harvey Belafonte ain't black. He's just a good looking white guy dipped in caramel. " - Archie Bunker
Old 01-06-2012, 12:24 PM   #13402
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,872 Times in 5,920 Posts
Failed 2,053 Times in 684 Posts
As if we didn't look like pussies already, imagine tommorow if we get lit up AND get fucking clowned on physically?

Fuck gonna be an embarrassment..
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 01-06-2012, 12:27 PM   #13403
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Failed 17 Times in 6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
As if we didn't look like pussies already, imagine tommorow if we get lit up AND get fucking clowned on physically?

Posted via RS Mobile
Hopefully won't be as bad as Calgary and their 9-0 loss.
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 01-06-2012, 12:43 PM   #13404
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
Failed 178 Times in 73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post

Posted via RS Mobile
Were kinda in a lose-lose situation anyways. If we lose then we alll know wats gonna happen. If we win then they can just say "we won when it matters most" and they got a cup to prove it. We are always gonna be the butt end of everyones jokes cause we dont have a cup. Until that changes, the jokes and the scrutiny will never stop
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 01-06-2012, 12:44 PM   #13405
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Failed 609 Times in 221 Posts
Perry wouldn't displace Burr on the Sedins line so he would play 2nd line and probably 2nd unit PP. Not sure that is worth it but the cap savings make it interesting.

It's a good deal but it isn't suited to the Canucks' needs.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:07 PM   #13406
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Failed 102 Times in 51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceIntegraRS View Post
Were kinda in a lose-lose situation anyways. If we lose then we alll know wats gonna happen. If we win then they can just say "we won when it matters most" and they got a cup to prove it. We are always gonna be the butt end of everyones jokes cause we dont have a cup. Until that changes, the jokes and the scrutiny will never stop
Posted via RS Mobile
Exactly what I was thinking.....
Old 01-06-2012, 01:10 PM   #13407
kwy
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
Failed 170 Times in 101 Posts
AV made the smart decision to play CS.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:21 PM   #13408
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
Failed 153 Times in 85 Posts
our favorite guy, Kevin Weekes (lol)...and his Goalie Power Rankings

1. BOSTON BRUINS Tim Thomas. Tuukka Rask. NHL's best team. Best tandem. Period.

2. NEW YORK RANGERS Henrik Lundqvist is off to best start of his career and came up big in the Winter Classic with that penalty-shot save on Daniel Briere. Martin Biron has been awesome in his role. Without the points in the games he started, NYR may not be in the high-rent district of the Eastern Conference.

3. ST. LOUIS BLUES Can Brian Elliott come full circle and become an all-star in the city where he started his career? Jaroslav Halak has adjusted his attitude, mindset and it is no surprise his play has improved under head coach Ken Hitchcock. Excellent 1-2 punch.

4. MINNESOTA WILD The Wild have slipped lately, but Niklas Backstrom's still really good. Josh Harding has played his best hockey in the NHL to this point of the season.

5. VANCOUVER CANUCKS Roberto Luongo has found his groove and his game coming off a nice shutout of the Wild. Cory Schneider has been excellent. As I said last year on HNIC, if I'm Steve Yzerman, I'm burning up Mike Gills' cellphone to try to pry him from the beautiful Left Coast.

6. DETROIT RED WINGS Okay,these rankings are based on play of the tandems. However, I'll make an exception for the fact that Jimmy Howard leads the NHL in victories. Ty Conklin still gives the Red Wings a chance, when he plays, but ice time is tough to come by with Howard being this good so far.

7. SAN JOSE SHARKS Antti Niemi and Thomas Greiss have identical .918 save percentages. That's a very good number for the Sharks and gives them a chance to win on most nights.

8. DALLAS STARS Dallas relieved is relieved their ace, Kari Lehtonen, is back from injury. He was the key to their great start. Richard Bachman came in and played very well - unfortunately for Andrew Raycroft, who was waived and sent to the AHL.

9. LOS ANGELES KINGS Jonathan Quick has been one of the NHL's best so far and leads with the NHL with five shutouts. Jonathan Bernier has great potential but, like Conklin in Detroit, it is tough to find him ice time with Quick playing this well.

10. PHOENIX COYOTES Mike Smith is back from injury and the 'Yotes hope he continues the form from his good start to the season. Jason Labarbera can give them a chance to win, too.

11. EDMONTON OILERS Nikolai Khabibulin has stolen some games and given the young Oilers the confidence to make plays offensively. Devan Dubnyk has played some good games and, though a lack of consistent starts is understandable considering Khabibulin's play, it has made it tougher for him to find his rhythm.

12. NASHVILLE PREDATORS Pekka Rinne has played well, but not quite the same consistent level he played at last year. Anders Lindback? He can play. I'm told from sources that the Predators won't trade him this year, though.

13. COLORADO AVALANCHE Jean-Sebastian Gigeure has played very well this year, exceeding expectations. Semyon Varlamov, too, is very talented, but still looking for his consistency.

14. PITTSBURGH PENGUINS Marc-Andre Fleury may be the forgotten man, but no Penguin is more valuable given all the injuries last year and this year. Brent Johnson can play, but he is just getting fewer chances.

15. FLORIDA PANTHERS Jose Theodore has played very well this year. He has been consistent and still has game. Scott Clemmensen has played fairly well and had a big game with 38 saves in a 3-2 loss to NYR.

16. MONTREAL CANADIENS Carey Price can and needs to be the best Hab on the ice every game for them to have a chance. Peter Budaj can play well when he gets a chance. Speaking to players on the team, they really appreciate Budaj's energy and professionalism.

17. CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS Corey Crawford hasn't played as well as he did last year, but the Blackhawks' defensive detail and power play have impacted that. Ray Emery has been an excellent fit for this team and thrived when Crawford was slumping.

18. WASHINGTON CAPITALS Tomas Vokoun is on a nice stretch right now and that's welcome news in D.C. Michal Neuvirth has struggled this year. But he is very talented and can definitely play in this league.

19. CALGARY FLAMES Mikka Kiprusoff plays his tail off every night. And Leland Irving finally gets his real chance in the show and has played well (I know ... This was written just before the 9-0 beatdown in Beantown).

20. WINNIPEG JETS Ondrej Pavlec played well during a lengthy home stretch. But he has since fallen victim to the different road game the Jets play. Chris Mason has played very well, his personal playoff beard has brought him good luck and a 4-0 loss in Toronto was his first defeat in a while.

21. BUFFALO SABRES Lindy Ruff says he's going to play Ryan Miller more to get him going. The Sabres need this. Jhonas Enroth has proven he can help them get points, but Buffalo needs to defend better around the net. Teams have an all-access pass there right now.

22. PHILADELPHIA FLYERS Ilya Bryzagalov didn't start the Winter Classic, but needs to start finding the form he showed in Anaheim and Phoenix. Sergei Bobrovsky, only 22 and with a very good upside, has played very well so far this year.

23. NEW JERSEY DEVILS Martin Brodeur's play and starts are declining. Devils made very good move to bring Johan Hedberg back.
24. NEW YORK ISLANDERS Al Montoya has played well and Evgeni Nabokov is playing well, too. It's a long road for him to come back from Russia and then be inactive last year.

25. TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS James Reimer is still trying to find his game and Jonas Gustavsson is playing better and coming off a shutout of the Jets. If the Leafs get the goaltending they need, they can make the playoffs.

26. ANAHEIM DUCKS Jonas Hiller doesn't look like himself this year at all. Dan Ellis can play, but they're determined to get Hiller going.

27. CAROLINA HURRICANES Cam Ward can and needs to be better. He hasn't stolen any wins this year and his number's should never be where they are, even if they played short-handed for 10 minutes a game. I know how good this guy can be. Justin Peters played his butt off in a tough loss at Pittsburgh.

28. OTTAWA SENATORS Craig Anderson has played well, considering the Senators play somewhat of a high-risk game. Alex Auld is still effective, but Robin Lehner is waiting in wings in Binghamton.

29. COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS Curtis Sanford has played well, considering he was playing in the AHL with Hamilton Bulldogs last year. How good does Steve Mason really want to be? He can be a Top 5 if he works for it, but is performing below his skill set.

30. TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING I never like counting Dwayne Roloson out, but I'm not sure if he will regain his amazing form of the first half of last spring. Mathieu Garon has played fairly well, but the Bolts need a goalie for the immediate and long term.

Goalie Power Rankings | Hockey | CBC Sports

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Old 01-06-2012, 02:47 PM   #13409
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Failed 192 Times in 38 Posts
Luongo almost never starts 10am games since he got injured in 2008 in a 10am game.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-06-2012, 03:10 PM   #13410
My homepage has been set to RS

Failed 73 Times in 39 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dboy View Post
Luongo almost never starts 10am games since he got injured in 2008 in a 10am game.
exactly what i thought
that was the Pens game
Matt Cooke comes in a hip checks Edler within the first couple of minutes and a brawl ensues

then luongo goes down to make a save later, and goes down akwardly. And boom hes out for a period of time

everyone was asking, why didnt they just get Cory in? Its one game out of the season plus its at an unusual time for Lu

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
Old 01-06-2012, 04:47 PM   #13411
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,599 Times in 4,953 Posts
Failed 316 Times in 202 Posts
Good call by AV. Cory gets to play in front of his family and friends. Nothing wrong with the decision. What happens in front of him is more a concern. I really hope the Bruins don't ass rape our pretty boys. Please, no injuries.

The fans will be all pumped up, that's for sure.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:19 PM   #13412
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Failed 205 Times in 120 Posts
the only people who spout off about this being a big deal are the canuck and luongo haters looking for a reason to discredit '7uongo" or whatever they all call him. To canuck fans, and most knowledgeable hockey fans its really a non issue beyond a quick thought.

ya it could be all a big neat media story with van and boston going head to head full power, but by next week it isnt anything more than just 1/82nd of the season. the simple fact that cbc/tsn didnt pick the game up, while a little surprising, shows they dont think much of it. the playoffs are where the story is written. no one cared that luongo won regular season games against chicago until we beat them in round 1 last year.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:51 PM   #13413
Summertime Sadness

Thanked 2,911 Times in 648 Posts
Failed 417 Times in 78 Posts
Quote:
TSN_Sports TSN
NHL's re-alignment plan on hold after NHLPA rejects changes: Go to TSN.ca for details.
Quote:
DarrenDreger Darren Dreger
The Jets will stay in the southeast unless the NHL can legally out muscle the PA. At the moment realignment for next season is dead.
Quote:
DarrenDreger Darren Dreger
For those who have interest in CBA negotiations...get ready for a brawl between NHL and NHLPA in the coming months.

[15-01, 11:33] ICE BOY i'm going to wrap my dick in a crepe and make you suck the filling

[[09-10, 11:34] ICE BOY liquor in the front, poker in the rear
Old 01-06-2012, 05:52 PM   #13414

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Failed 418 Times in 188 Posts
In other news..

Being rumoured that the NHLPA is rejecting the realignment proposal
Old 01-06-2012, 05:55 PM   #13415
SardaukarMod

Failed 15 Times in 13 Posts
what i'm more worried about with tomorrow's game is the reffing. #itsaconspiracy
2002 Volkswagen GTI 337 in Reflex Silver (SOLD)
2007 Suzuki SV650N in Oort Grey (SOLD)
Old 01-06-2012, 06:38 PM   #13416
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,233 Times in 8,412 Posts
Failed 1,532 Times in 680 Posts
It's a 10am EST start? holy fuck no wonder they don't want to play Lu.

On a side note, that means I'll get to watch the game TONIGHT at 11pm! haven't done that in a long time!

Usually I miss the east coast games since they're on at 7-8am
Old 01-06-2012, 06:42 PM   #13417
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,699 Times in 446 Posts
Failed 148 Times in 52 Posts
^ Nope. 1pm ET, 10am PT

Sauce: NHL Hockey Schedule for January 6, 2012 to January 13, 2012 - NHL.com - Schedule
Old 01-06-2012, 06:46 PM   #13418

game is 10am pacific.

i have no doubt the nhlpa is blocking the realignment plan as early posturing for the cba negotiations and will give in to them for some sort of concession from the league in their favor.

that being said i really dont like the plan either. having one conference all within bicycle riding distance and one the size of half the continent is BS eastern bias. not to mention the 7 vs 8 teams.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:50 PM   #13419
Mod.

Thanked 1,769 Times in 684 Posts
Failed 87 Times in 28 Posts
either way the teams out east will ALWAYS be closer to each other because of the greater number of cities in the area. even now the new york teams are so close, as well as the penn state teams as well.

nothing you can do about it
97 Civic CX (POS)

Old 01-06-2012, 06:58 PM   #13420

nfl and mlb did something about it
Old 01-06-2012, 07:40 PM   #13421
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 1,669 Times in 147 Posts
Failed 446 Times in 87 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
It's a 10am EST start? holy fuck no wonder they don't want to play Lu.

On a side note, that means I'll get to watch the game TONIGHT at 11pm! haven't done that in a long time!

Usually I miss the east coast games since they're on at 7-8am
vancouver at boston on 7 am EST?
Old 01-06-2012, 07:48 PM   #13422

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindragon View Post
SP made a mistake about the game time, but atleast he doesn't copy and paste every 9gag picture like you

Old 01-06-2012, 07:48 PM   #13423
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,233 Times in 8,412 Posts
Failed 1,532 Times in 680 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindragon View Post
No, dboy said that it was a 10am start, so since the game is in Boston I presumed he meant 10am in Boston. Never presume anything I guess!

10am PST is 2am for me.. so I will miss this game

I guess I'll try to avoid spoilars and torrent it later

On a side note, wtf are the NHL schedulers thinking, putting a SC Finals rematch that takes place at 10am for one of the teams???
Old 01-06-2012, 07:54 PM   #13424
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 1,669 Times in 147 Posts
Failed 446 Times in 87 Posts
@ jeedee hey, not everyone goes to 9gag and i just want to post the best pictures. I want to share some great pics on revscene because i love this forum ^O^
Old 01-06-2012, 07:56 PM   #13425

I was just messin' with ya