REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 08:38 PM   #16251
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Failed 33 Times in 19 Posts
^showing up is the key.

Our offense didn't show up in the finals. The defense was questionable, and the goaltending chose the worse time to be suspect.

Thomas was good, but honestly our guys made him look better than he was, once again IMO. He showed up at the right time, because he definitely wasn't fully there vs. Tampa. Had we done a better job watching how Tampa put pucks past Thomas, we wouldn't be arguing whether we need a #1 d-man to win a cup since we'd have it already

This d-man debate is fun, but I'm just going to have to agree on disagreeing. I don't give a damn if I have a d-man who can score 25g and 50a. I need my top d-man to shut down the other teams best players. I think a pair of 4M d-men playing 25mins each will do a better job of that than a single 8M d-man who plays 30mins. That and 4M guys are easier to find, get you better overall value than the single 8M guy, and you don't have to sell your future to get and keep them.
Advertisement
Old 02-06-2012, 08:39 PM   #16252
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
Failed 514 Times in 158 Posts
MG is looking to win NOW which means he isn't gonna risk the playoffs by losing schneider.

And why would Nashville get rid of their dmen when they are in prime playoff position? It's pretty much telling the players and fans that the gm has no faith this year.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-06-2012, 08:47 PM   #16253
UFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanHibiki View Post
And why would Nashville get rid of their dmen when they are in prime playoff position? It's pretty much telling the players and fans that the gm has no faith this year.
Posted via RS Mobile
They have to be realists as well. Does Nashville management truly think they've finished building the team with all the parts needed to make a serious cup run? This is a serious run, not some fluke that somehow lands them into the finals where all bets are off.

They've learned from losing Hamhuis that if you don't move your players you can't keep before its too late, you get nothing/very little back. Suter wants big money, that's the end of it. If Pred's know that they can't get Suter signed or the chances are slim, they'd be doing a dis-service to their players and fans by not getting something of value back for him while they still can.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:52 PM   #16254
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Failed 205 Times in 120 Posts
To combo break the last 3 pages into something equally as irrelevant...

Even tho its WAY too early to be looking at the playoff matchups, there is a picture unfolding. I kinda think the match ups may end up looking a lot like they do now.

1 Detroit
2 Vancouver
3 San Jose
4 Nashville
5 St. Louis
6 Chicago
7 Los Angeles
8 Minnesota

9 Dallas
10 Phoenix

1, 2, 3 are going to stay the same most likely
4, 5, 6 are all in the same division and will probably end up in a similar order
LA/Min/Dallas/Phx are really all interchangeable will most likely exit first round to Detroit and Vancouver.

That puts the sharks, nashville, the blues, and chicago all in places were they WILL face one of each other and will knock off two of them. The Sharks, Nashville, and Chicago are going to be tough teams in the playoffs so having 2 of them out would be fantastic for paving a way for the Canucks. Im calling it right now, Detroit/Vancouver in the west final.

I know everyone gets excited hoping the Canucks play interesting matchups like Chicago, SJ and Detroit, but lets face it, we had a few real tough series last year and while it was fun watching the Canucks win, they entered the Finals beat up, and got beat down because of it. Remember how a lot of you were cheering for Chicago (who was 9th a couple weeks out) to get the 8th seed to meet the canucks? It went to OT in game 7 and we damn near lost because of it. An easier route would not hurt.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:00 PM   #16255

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Failed 418 Times in 188 Posts
Who the hell would be up for tough matchups? lol

Sure, CHI/VAN is a great matchup to watch, but I'm all up for the easy way to the finals.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-06-2012, 10:03 PM   #16256
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Failed 102 Times in 51 Posts
Sportsnet just said that Bryan Allen would waive his NTC to come back to the canucks.. hmmmmmmm

Ruutu + Allen for Raymond + ? + ?

I love trade deadlines lol
Old 02-06-2012, 10:05 PM   #16257

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
Who the hell would be up for tough matchups? lol

Sure, CHI/VAN is a great matchup to watch, but I'm all up for the easy way to the finals.
Posted via RS Mobile
go read the canucks 10/11 thread in the weeks leading up to the start of the playoffs. there were like 3 of us saying it was a dumb idea and the rest of revscene was absolutely BEGGING for chicago to get the 8th seed. i think dallas was the other option.

it was fucking retarded
Old 02-06-2012, 10:06 PM   #16258

Ballard

LaRose has been rumoured to the Canucks aswell.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-06-2012, 10:16 PM   #16259

heres a page full of people cheering for a chicago series

http://www.revscene.net/forums/61748...hread-866.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar @ 04-10-2011, 04:23 PM
I would rather see a healthy Canucks team win a couple boring series on their way to playing an intense series against Boston/Philly/etc for the cup, than a Canucks team getting beat up and losing guys to injuries playing an intense series in the first round against Chicago.

I dont give a fuck how entertaining a series against whoever would be in the first round. I want a healthy Canucks team making it to the cup final. and IMO, Dallas is the easiest first round we could ever hope for.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:17 PM   #16260
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
Failed 514 Times in 158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
They have to be realists as well. Does Nashville management truly think they've finished building the team with all the parts needed to make a serious cup run? This is a serious run, not some fluke that somehow lands them into the finals where all bets are off.

They've learned from losing Hamhuis that if you don't move your players you can't keep before its too late, you get nothing/very little back. Suter wants big money, that's the end of it. If Pred's know that they can't get Suter signed or the chances are slim, they'd be doing a dis-service to their players and fans by not getting something of value back for him while they still can.
Nashville has had been dealing with a mediocre roster forever now. They don't have the money to go spend on players to make them top contenders. They'll always be making due with what they have. Problem is, they always do well enough for the playoffs. I don't see them "finish building" their team....ever! Unless they somehow star generating a lot more revenue this is the way it'll always be. That said, I don't see them or any team finishing in 4/5th place (assuming they stay in that position til the end of the season) to be sellers at the deadline.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
Old 02-06-2012, 10:25 PM   #16261
I'm better than you.

Thanked 3,087 Times in 658 Posts
Failed 373 Times in 115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaz View Post
In response to Canucks not needing a number 1 dman. Most teams if not all that win the championship have a defenceman who was considered a number 1 dman at that time. The Canucks do not have that type of dominating dman. They have 2's and 3's. Only exception I really see is the Hurricanes. Many will look at foote and question me but during those times he was a number 1 shut down dman in the trap era same with hatcher. Most if not all of these were/are norris candidates, coincidence? too go with this each team had a 3rd and 4th line that always had veteran that was a proven playoff performer. draper, madden, keane, anderchyuk, recchi etc

1994 New York Rangers - leetch
1995 New Jersey Devils -niedermeyer stevens
1996 Colorado Avalanche - foote
1997 Detroit Red Wings - lidstrom
1998 Detroit Red Wings -lidstrom
1999 Dallas Stars - zubov, hatcher
2000 New Jersey Devils - niedermeyer, stevens
2001 Colorado Avalanche - bourque, foote, blake
2002 Detroit Red Wings - lidstrom
2003 New Jersey Devils - niedermeyer
2004 Tampa Bay Lightning - boyle
2006 Carolina Hurricanes -
2007 Anaheim Ducks - niedermeyer, pronger
2008 Detroit Red Wings - lidstrom
2009 Pittsburgh Penguins - letang
2010 Chicago Blackhawks - keith
2011 Boston Bruins - chara
I would consider aaron ward their top dman at the time i guess. probably the biggest factor for carolina winning in 06 is because they were lucky cam ward stayed hot and rode that. from day 1 i never thought cam ward was an "all star" unlike most sports networks considered him

'14 Toyota Yaris [Work Daily]
'89 Toyota Cressida MX83 [Collector's status]
'15 Honda Ruckus [Summer cruiser]
'96 Toyota Hilux Surf KZN185 [Weekend Warrior]

Buy & Sell Ratings!
Old 02-06-2012, 10:26 PM   #16262
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Failed 18 Times in 13 Posts
Nashville will not trade either Suter or Weber by the trade deadline. Weber is a RFA, so Nashville still has his rights for next year. If Nashville can't get a contract done with Suter before July 1, then they will deal his rights away prior to free agency.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:34 PM   #16263
I'm better than you.

Thanked 3,087 Times in 658 Posts
Failed 373 Times in 115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanHibiki View Post
Nashville has had been dealing with a mediocre roster forever now. They don't have the money to go spend on players to make them top contenders. They'll always be making due with what they have. Problem is, they always do well enough for the playoffs. I don't see them "finish building" their team....ever! Unless they somehow star generating a lot more revenue this is the way it'll always be. That said, I don't see them or any team finishing in 4/5th place (assuming they stay in that position til the end of the season) to be sellers at the deadline.
it's cause in the 2008ish era nashville wasted so much of their money on guys like jp dumont, sullivan, arnott and defence ate up a lot of cap as well.

so many average players on their team make like 2M+

'14 Toyota Yaris [Work Daily]
'89 Toyota Cressida MX83 [Collector's status]
'15 Honda Ruckus [Summer cruiser]
'96 Toyota Hilux Surf KZN185 [Weekend Warrior]

Buy & Sell Ratings!
Old 02-06-2012, 10:56 PM   #16264
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Failed 609 Times in 221 Posts
Weber is the sort of player I'd give up 4 1st rounders for. If the Oilers weren't going for another lottery pick, they may have taken that route since all they're missing is quality defense at this point.

I might be nuts but I wouldn't put it past some big market GM to do it this summer if Weber isn't signed by then. Next years draft does not look deep and if you're a good team drafting in the later half of the first round, 4 picks isn't much considering Weber is 27 and probably has another 10 years left, probably contending for the Norris for the next 5 years.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:04 PM   #16265
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Failed 4,294,967,295 Times in 169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post
Sportsnet just said that Bryan Allen would waive his NTC to come back to the canucks.. hmmmmmmm

Bryan Allen is exactly the type of hard nosed gritty big dman we need for the playoffs. Nobody is going to take liberties with our players because Allen will punch their fucking face in
Old 02-06-2012, 11:42 PM   #16266
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,123 Times in 533 Posts
Failed 71 Times in 38 Posts
Still remember Allen injuring 2 players in two straight games. I think one was Pronger and the next one was Zetterberg? He doesn't just slash you, he breaks your fucking leg.

I don't mind playing LA in the first round. Incentive to fly down there and watch the games.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:42 PM   #16267
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 4,049 Times in 1,727 Posts
Failed 434 Times in 211 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
go read the canucks 10/11 thread in the weeks leading up to the start of the playoffs. there were like 3 of us saying it was a dumb idea and the rest of revscene was absolutely BEGGING for chicago to get the 8th seed. i think dallas was the other option.

it was fucking retarded

Everyone just wanted the monkey off their backs.
They projected if they take down the Blackhawks,
it would fuel the Canucks with enough momentum to make it through to the end...
well, they were close.

Everyone wanted Canucks to make a point, that they are the best team in
the league, dominated the league (by a longshot) in every stat,
that they had no problem taking down any team.

I would have wanted Dallas, but it doesn't matter.
Canucks played against their rivals, made it exciting, been there and done that now.

This season, I think we can all agree we just want the cup, and the
easiest route (if there is such a thing) is the best route.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
Old 02-07-2012, 12:44 AM   #16268
UFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyzoomzoom View Post
Nashville will not trade either Suter or Weber by the trade deadline. Weber is a RFA, so Nashville still has his rights for next year. If Nashville can't get a contract done with Suter before July 1, then they will deal his rights away prior to free agency.
Weber's going nowhere.

Suter I think has a good chance of moving. It's basically a carbon copy of the Hamhuis situation. Suter's rights may fetch a 4th or 5th round pick after the playoffs. He's probably worth a solid roster player and a high pick. If they want too much at the trade deadline like they did with Hamhuis, then Suter will not move and they'll basically get a bucket of pucks in return for his negotiating rights.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:05 AM   #16269

Was reading about Hamhuis the other day, and the Canucks wanted him at the deadline but Nashville wanted "Hodgson + 1st rounder" and MG made the right choice to decline.

Pretty high price for a UFA-Hamhuis back then
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-07-2012, 08:12 AM   #16270
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Failed 2 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post

i would like to see bryan allen back in a nucks uniform to shore up our lack of toughness, dont get me wrong, i think the Canucks have proved enough they are willing to "fight" back but Bryan Allen would not just fight back, hes a tough SOB.

How much does he make though and how many yrs left remaining on his current contract. And wtf is with this talk of a #1 D. Edler is a fuckin beast, if he laid hits down every game like he did in the Chicago series last season, everybody would know him already. Edler is really starting to throw his weight around without being caught out of position, he's still learning but he's come a long way.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:01 AM   #16271
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
Failed 178 Times in 73 Posts
I think hes a ufa next season making 2.9mil. Perfect guy to pickup for a playoff run. I think a prospect or 2nd round draft pick would get him out of carolina
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-07-2012, 10:40 AM   #16272
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Failed 18 Times in 17 Posts
Allen would be perfect for the Nucks, while not to mobile and won't do much offensively, he has been Carolina's best dman this year, blocking a ton of shots and extremely reliable in his own zone.

He reminds me of Murray Baron in his good years, willing to throw his body in front of any shot.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:13 AM   #16273
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
Failed 178 Times in 73 Posts
^i could be wrong but werent bryan allen and murray baron defensive pairs?
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-07-2012, 11:59 AM   #16274

bryan allens contract is up at the end of this season. 2.9m cap hit, 3.1 sallary

would love to see him back. hed make an interesting pairing with ballard.
Old 02-07-2012, 12:18 PM   #16275

Failed 20 Times in 17 Posts
I liked Allen when he was here. I was a bit dissapointed when he got packaged in the trade to FLA.
Posted via RS Mobile
Closed Thread