REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 07-08-2011, 11:10 PM   #26
private modder

Thanked 2,764 Times in 776 Posts
Failed 47 Times in 35 Posts
FYI my car was damaged while at carter honda. I won't go into details but they never agreed to fix anything because, as you know, the minute you leave the lot, you can't prove the damage wasn't pre-existing. Also it was the type of damage that couldn't necessarily be traced to one of their techs (but the point was the car was damaged while they had it).

Anyways I've learned my lesson -- always do a pre-walk with a tech before you drop your car off anywhere.

My advice to you now is wait for the post-service customer survey from Honda to be emailed to you. Or call Honda Canada directly and file a formal complaint. Those complaints are sent to the dealer and are taken seriously (they affect the dealer's rating with Honda Canada). Other than that, you're probably out of luck.
Advertisement
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:26 PM   #27
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Failed 182 Times in 39 Posts
I used to work at Open Road Honda as a lot associate.
Not being biased or anything, but most of the techs there are good guys.

IIRC, when you bring your car in to that dealership, they park it in the service drivethru until a technician can attend to your car to repair it. For that amount of time that your car was in that spot, anyone is allowed in that area, it is basically out in the open. So it may not even have been a technician.

You're lucky they're even covering whatever damage has been done.
───────▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
─────▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
───▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
──▐▒▒▒▄▄▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒▌
──▌▒▒▐▄█▀▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▐
─▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▌
─▌▒▀▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░▒▒▒▒▌
─▌▀▐▄█▄█▌▄▒▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▐
▐▒▀▐▀▐▀▒▒▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▐
─▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░▒▒▒▒▌
Jobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 01:20 AM   #28
Meow

Failed 77 Times in 17 Posts

The scratch inside

My neighbours car, who parks right beside me
Araaadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 01:33 AM   #29
Meow

my hood a couple weeks ago
Old 07-09-2011, 08:22 AM   #30
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
Failed 421 Times in 103 Posts
Dude... those pics aren't good.. your car is dirty and the lighting is bad.. also you can't compare to a silver car.. silver hides a lot of blemishes.. the pic of your car when you got it is clean and is under overcast light where it will not show a lot of swirls or marks.. I can't tell what is a blemish and what is dirt.

lastly, you may want to check this out, Cracks in the hood (pics) - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum

look through the pages and see if those marks are simliar to what you have. I can't really see what you have because the pics aren't good. I have the same Nighthawk black pearl 07 civic and my hood started to have those cracks.. It is a defect, and I gave up getting Honda to fix it under warranty because they dicked me around forever.

as for the interior, you will soon find out that the interior on this generation civic is brutal.. it will scratch VERY easily.. the dor panels are the worst... anyways.. Not saying the tech guys didn't scratch the interior, they probably did, but expect to scratch it up alot yourself while owning this car!
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-09-2011, 09:19 AM   #31
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,081 Times in 2,097 Posts
Failed 215 Times in 113 Posts
Should've dealt with the chips before you drove off the lot. I had the same issue once and wouldn't leave until they agreed to repair it. Brutal that you cant trust repair shops to confess when they damage your vehicle. Whatever happened, I'm sure it wasn't on purpose, just fess up and fix the damage. The repair shop I had an issue with actually tried to use touch up paint on 40+ rock chips all over the side of my car like I wouldn't notice. Assholes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 09:24 AM   #32
Meow

The pics are horrible but I don't want to wash the car before bringing it to ICBC, I will try taking better pictures in the sunlight. I just never received this horrible service before, if I took it to a noname back alley mechanic , I would expect this, but I took it to freaking Honda and they are trying to blame me, If I did this myself I'd gladly own up and pay for a fix.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 07-09-2011, 09:29 AM   #33
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araaadi View Post
The pics are horrible but I don't want to wash the car before bringing it to ICBC, I will try taking better pictures in the sunlight. I just never received this horrible service before, if I took it to a noname back alley mechanic , I would expect this, but I took it to freaking Honda and they are trying to blame me, If I did this myself I'd gladly own up and pay for a fix.
Posted via RS Mobile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodnarb View Post
Should've dealt with the chips before you drove off the lot. I had the same issue once and wouldn't leave until they agreed to repair it. Brutal that you cant trust repair shops to confess when they damage your vehicle. Whatever happened, I'm sure it wasn't on purpose, just fess up and fix the damage. The repair shop I had an issue with actually tried to use touch up paint on 40+ rock chips all over the side of my car like I wouldn't notice. Assholes.
You guys are saying as if it is 100% the dealer's fault. You still have no proof that it was them and it still coudl have happened anywhere!
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-09-2011, 09:34 AM   #34
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,551 Times in 950 Posts
Failed 106 Times in 40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueG2 View Post
as for the interior, you will soon find out that the interior on this generation civic is brutal.. it will scratch VERY easily.. the dor panels are the worst... anyways.. Not saying the tech guys didn't scratch the interior, they probably did, but expect to scratch it up alot yourself while owning this car!
So true. If you don't want scratches in that civic's interior then its no touchy for you.
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 09:35 AM   #35
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Failed 51 Times in 8 Posts
where you can buy that cool N sign? is there a parady one for the L sign too?
matrixfwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 09:44 AM   #36
Meow

Quote:
You guys are saying as if it is 100% the dealer's fault. You still have no proof that it was them and it still coudl have happened anywhere!
From what I understand, when a car comes in for service they are suppose to write down damages on the work order so situations like this won't happen. It could of happened anywhere but the thing is the morning of my car was perfectly fine, and after honda had it , it is now scrtached. He is also trying to blame carter honda for selling me a car that was damaged and covered in black wax and just so happens I never noticed the chips until yesterday.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 07-09-2011, 09:51 AM   #37
Meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixfwd View Post
where you can buy that cool N sign? is there a parady one for the L sign too?
Metrotown, the auto store near T&T and below the belt, I had my N custom made to be the new one, they made a bunch of newer ones when they made mine but I'm not sure if there is any left. They should have a few older ones left, and you can request a L made, its the same price as a pre-made one.
Old 07-09-2011, 09:52 AM   #38
RS Veteran

Quote:
From what I understand, when a car comes in for service they are suppose to write down damages on the work order so situations like this won't happen. It could of happened anywhere but the thing is the morning of my car was perfectly fine, and after honda had it , it is now scrtached. He is also trying to blame carter honda for selling me a car that was damaged and covered in black wax and just so happens I never noticed the chips until yesterday.
Posted via RS Mobile
What do you suspect happened that could have caused so much damage to your hood while it was in the shop? if you think it is rock chips, then you are assuming they must have driven it on a highway somewhere for this to happen.

You do realize, he has a point when he says that dealers cover up paint blemishes with temp fixes when they sell used cars. It is a fact.
Old 07-09-2011, 10:26 AM   #39
My homepage has been set to RS

Failed 395 Times in 107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDood View Post
Let's not steer the thread to HID debates.
It's not a debate. HID on non projector cars = retarded and I want to murder you every time you're driving towards me or behind me.
falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 11:34 AM   #40
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Failed 74 Times in 20 Posts
Quote:
What do you suspect happened that could have caused so much damage to your hood while it was in the shop? if you think it is rock chips, then you are assuming they must have driven it on a highway somewhere for this to happen.

You do realize, he has a point when he says that dealers cover up paint blemishes with temp fixes when they sell used cars. It is a fact.
^ What he said

No car is 100% scratch/swirl free. I use to work at a private car dealership as a lot attendent and every new car that comes in, we would have to make it clean and perfect. That includes hiding/polishing the scratches/blemishes. You would be amaze how wax could hide most of your imperfection for a couple of days to weeks depending on brand name. Juding by the pictures above, it looks like a clear coat failure.

Last edited by i-vtecyo; 07-09-2011 at 11:40 AM.
i-vtecyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 12:01 PM   #41
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,341 Times in 842 Posts
Failed 207 Times in 86 Posts
Dude I'm not saying that it wasn't them, or it wasn't you, but how can you be so sure the scratches weren't there in the morning? Your hood is pretty filthy, did you go a thorough walk around in the morning before driving?
Jgresch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 12:05 PM   #42
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Failed 98 Times in 51 Posts
Quote:
Posted via RS Mobile
Hey, it's possible. I've had my 7G for a couple years now and I'm still noticing new problems with it that the previous owner did to it (shitty respray getting into random nooks and crannys on the body/frame).
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 12:32 PM   #43
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,081 Times in 2,097 Posts
Failed 215 Times in 113 Posts
Quote:
What do you expect a guy to do? Take interior / exterior pics from every angle and get the repair shop to sign off that you brought the car in that condition? Thats ridiculous and a total cop out.

In my case, it was 100% the repair shops fault. Went in with mint paint, came out with touch up paint everywhere. I wasn't asked to prove anything, which means management likely knew one of their guys fucked up beforehand and were hoping I would drive away without noticing. Total fucking garbage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 02:11 PM   #44
Meow

My hood is just very dusty, and no its not just clearcoat, its finernail deep and verynoticable, and its not rockchips, I've brought it to two body shops already, they both say its fresh damage to the paint and it seems like it was wiped with a dirty cloth causing damage. I called honda and told them about the opinions I got and that I made a claim, I told him we would let ICBC decide who's at fault as their opinion is least biased.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 07-09-2011, 03:51 PM   #45
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Failed 21 Times in 9 Posts
Quote:
Metrotown, the auto store near T&T and below the belt, I had my N custom made to be the new one, they made a bunch of newer ones when they made mine but I'm not sure if there is any left. They should have a few older ones left, and you can request a L made, its the same price as a pre-made one.
...custom made N and L signs?? wha???
Old 07-09-2011, 05:36 PM   #46
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Failed 1 Time in 1 Post
It's hit and miss with dealerships. I've taken my current car there for a small job and it was fine when I got it back. However, when I took my previous car there, it came back with a broken interior door handle and some other broken trimming inside. Now that I think about it, if I had remembered what happened last time, I wouldn't have taken my car there. Damn now I'm getting angry again. A good buddy of mine used to work there and said although the mechanics were fine, some of the other people were a gong show and "didn't know what they were doing". It's possible that somewhere along the way, one of those gong show people got their hands on it and messed it up. Of course, the rest of the people won't know it happened because the damage wouldn't have been there while in their possession.
cowboyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 11:33 PM   #47
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodnarb View Post
What do you expect a guy to do? Take interior / exterior pics from every angle and get the repair shop to sign off that you brought the car in that condition? Thats ridiculous and a total cop out.

In my case, it was 100% the repair shops fault. Went in with mint paint, came out with touch up paint everywhere. I wasn't asked to prove anything, which means management likely knew one of their guys fucked up beforehand and were hoping I would drive away without noticing. Total fucking garbage.
His case isn't your case. The fact that your car had touch up paint all over your car, proves they shop tried to hide something.
Old 07-10-2011, 09:03 AM   #48
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Failed 42 Times in 11 Posts
Any updates ?
em1.ac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 09:34 AM   #49
Meow

We'll Honda has told me to wait to see what ICBC says and we'll go from there.

My mom on the other hand is pissed because she thinks they are doing this to me because im young and they don't believe I would fight back. She wants to complain that no damage was declared on my work order, meaning the car was perfectly fine before entering the shop.

I am at the moment trying to call the sales manager at Carter Honda, to explain how OpenRoad Honda are blaming them for selling me a scratched up car. I am hoping to get a written statement from Carter proving that my hood was never damaged upon purchase. I am also taking pictures of the other black cars in my parking lot to prove, it is not the garage's fault my paint is damage because there is atleast 10 more black cars parked here and not one has this lime damage. The only bad part is the only picture I have of my car's hood is a few weeks old but in the picture its clear to see it was perfectly fine.
Old 07-10-2011, 10:02 AM   #50
no

Thanked 6,061 Times in 1,223 Posts
Failed 221 Times in 85 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hc529 View Post
Even if its properly aimed, it will reflect, and blind on coming traffics!
Posted via RS Mobile

oh really? what did you have before your retrofits?
jpark is offline   Reply With Quote