REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 07-18-2011, 09:06 PM   #1
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,409 Times in 592 Posts
Failed 366 Times in 101 Posts
Global Auto Sales

Any experiences? I know, shady little dealer right? They have a number of trucks I'm interested in and might bother to go see. Diesel trucks to be specific.

I know the usual things to look for, and yes I would of course do a pre-purchase inspection at another dealer. If I run a VIN # even if it's an out of province vehicle can I still get it's complete history?

The prices are within reason for the market and the trucks looks pretty clean. So if anyone has had any experiences with this dealer or ones in the vicinity please post up.

EDIT - Similarly, Canstar Motors in Surrey.....
Advertisement
JD像 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 09:30 PM   #2
My homepage has been set to RS

Failed 395 Times in 107 Posts
Stay away. Stay far... far... away.

No experiences but after all the news expose type stories about these type of places, I would personally never go there.
falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:04 PM   #3
Dip Dip Dip Dip Mod

Failed 2 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD像 View Post
Any experiences? I know, shady little dealer right? They have a number of trucks I'm interested in and might bother to go see. Diesel trucks to be specific.

I know the usual things to look for, and yes I would of course do a pre-purchase inspection at another dealer. If I run a VIN # even if it's an out of province vehicle can I still get it's complete history?

The prices are within reason for the market and the trucks looks pretty clean. So if anyone has had any experiences with this dealer or ones in the vicinity please post up.

EDIT - Similarly, Canstar Motors in Surrey.....
i figured it was you who emailed me about my truck. lol

the email looked familiar.

88 CRX - Turbo AWD
03 G35- HKS GT Supercharged - Toy
03 Cummins 2500 - Tow Rig/ Money maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashMan View Post
think befro you type
Super Dipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 03:23 PM   #4
I Wanna Go Fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Dipper View Post
i figured it was you who emailed me about my truck. lol

the email looked familiar.
I thought the same when I saw your email

I know yours will be very well maintained I just hope I can make it over to see it before it sells.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:47 PM   #5
Dip Dip Dip Dip Mod

Failed 2 Times in 2 Posts
i think ill be over this weekend to pick up a car for a buddy. maybe i can setup a time with ya to take a look.

im flushing the front and rear diff fluid this week as well as the T-case and inspecting everything to make sure its in good running order.

88 CRX - Turbo AWD
03 G35- HKS GT Supercharged - Toy
03 Cummins 2500 - Tow Rig/ Money maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashMan View Post
think befro you type
Super Dipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 07:06 AM   #6
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
Failed 64 Times in 27 Posts
[QUOTE=JD像;7516093]Any experiences? I know, shady little dealer right? They have a number of trucks I'm interested in and might bother to go see. Diesel trucks to be specific.

If this really is your opinion then why are you taking even a second to consider dealing with them. IF they are then what makes you sure that they won't rip you too? Why would you be special ? Why are you volunteering to be a victim?

"The Scorpion and the Frog is a fable about a scorpion asking a frog to carry him across a river. The frog is afraid of being stung during the trip, but the scorpion argues that if it stung the frog, the frog would sink and the scorpion would drown. The frog agrees and begins carrying the scorpion, but midway across the river the scorpion does indeed sting the frog, dooming them both. When asked why, the scorpion points out that this is its nature. The fable is used to illustrate the position that the behaviour of some creatures is irrepressible, no matter how they are treated and no matter what the consequences."
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:29 AM   #7
I Wanna Go Fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post
If this really is your opinion then why are you taking even a second to consider dealing with them. IF they are then what makes you sure that they won't rip you too? Why would you be special ? Why are you volunteering to be a victim?
Sarcastic generalization. Not all small dealers are con-shops.

Thanks for the animal kingdom fairytale
Old 07-20-2011, 10:02 AM   #8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Failed 42 Times in 11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD像 View Post
Sarcastic generalization. Not all small dealers are con-shops.

Thanks for the animal kingdom fairytale
LiL FiFi approves of this message
em1.ac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 10:03 AM   #9
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Failed 42 Times in 11 Posts
On a different note, Hopefully you get the truck your looking for JD13, obviously you already know this but be sure to carfax and vin# the trucks history! Good luck searching!
em1.ac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 10:58 AM   #10
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
Failed 64 Times in 27 Posts
[QUOTE=JD像;7517854]Sarcastic generalization. Not all small dealers are con-shops.

Not saying they are but when the OP says this dealer specifically is..as in.."I know, shady little dealer right? I have to assume that he believes that...or why did he say that? Maybe I shouldn't jump to unfounded conclusions in the future. Nor should the OP I guess?

You're welcome for my animal kingdom example. I couldn't find an Aesop's fable that deals with car dealers so I used the scorpion story to illustrate somebody who volunteers to get stung, then complains when they are. Maybe next time I could get Penny from "Big Bang Theory" to sing us a chorus of "Soft kitty" instead?

Last edited by zulutango; 07-20-2011 at 11:03 AM.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-20-2011, 11:24 AM   #11
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,341 Times in 842 Posts
Failed 207 Times in 86 Posts
The small shady dealers get their cars from the same place the big dealers do.... just sayin'
Jgresch is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-24-2011, 05:45 PM   #12
I Wanna Go Fast!

So first I went and checked out BM Truck Sales, which shares the exact same address as CanStar Motors. Walked onto the lot and could immediately tell I wouldn't buy a truck from there. Many of them were sitting covered in cobwebs and most had visible rust without even having to get very close. I looked under a couple of the trucks I had seen listed online that I was interested in and low and behold they have recently spray painted the entire uncarriages but rust was already growing through it. They didn't do the fenders though so you could see how hard these trucks had been used with much of the paint chipped away and rust showing. Odds are they're all patch trucks. Definitely victims of many salted roads, I left the lot within 3 mins.

I pulled up to Global Auto Sales but all the signage read Matrix Auto. A red flag immediately went up in my mind so I did a quick Google search before getting out of the car.
First page results showed this: New Westminster News Leader - New Westminster car dealership gets sales licence revoked
And: matrix auto global auto sales new west?

I called ahead to get some info on the truck I was after and they said it was an Alberta import, "no rust"! Given what I had just seen at the other dealer(s) and the Google results I didn't even bother getting out of my car. Maybe this will help save someone the trouble in the future if another search is done.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:05 PM   #13
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Failed 57 Times in 6 Posts
what kind of truck are you looking for?
haulin oats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 08:40 PM   #14
I Wanna Go Fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haulin oats View Post
what kind of truck are you looking for?
03-05ish Dodge Ram or Chev/GMC 2500's, with a Cummins or Duramax. The Dodge's are nicer trucks for the money so I've got two of those shortlisted right now. Both private sales. After reading about so many issues with the 6.0L and 6.4L Ford's they're out and the trucks with the 7.3L's are all very old and worn out now ('02 and older).

It's tough to find a well maintained used diesel pickup that hasn't been shitkicked or run into the ground in the oil patch. Unless you want to spend mega dollars on something 08+, but I don't have $40G+.
Old 07-25-2011, 01:46 PM   #15
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Failed 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgresch View Post
The small shady dealers get their cars from the same place the big dealers do.... just sayin'
QFT... not all small dealers are shady... they all get them from the auction
LethalLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 04:16 PM   #16
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
I recently purchased a truck from here. they lied to me from the test drive and questions i had for them, to the time my engine blew up a WEEK later. horrible experience from start to finish and ended up costing me over 1000$ in repairs and inconveniences. sold me a lemon basically. 2002 dodge ram 1500 SLT 5.9L engine, 240xxxkm with canopy 6500$ which was pretty normal craigslist pricing. THAT craigslist add for that truck said it was a 2003 dodge ram 1500 LARAMIE. until i saw on the pink-slip it was not. I could go on and on about my experience and what I went through from these guys.
gixxer604 is offline   Reply With Quote