REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 09-01-2011, 10:47 PM   #276
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
Failed 643 Times in 181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthchilli View Post
Street racing rule..isnt it that if there is suspicion for racing, automatically impound for 7 days
If actual street racing occurred then yes, as far as I'm concerned there is no solid proof of that

You need to understand the source of the evidence and so do 90% of the people here, a few people calling in saying these punks were street racing is not evidence that can prove shit beyond a reasonable doubt in court. It's a third party opinion and not a trained/experienced one at that, and did you consider the biases among people who see a convoy of high dollar exotics?

So far it doesn't seem like any police officers personally witnessed any agressive driving at the time of these allegations, nor have any videos come up showing street racing etc. Not sure how matt zhang's retarded statement will affect their case though
Advertisement
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-01-2011, 10:50 PM   #277
Returner of Lost Phones and Turtles

Thanked 3,997 Times in 963 Posts
Failed 217 Times in 69 Posts
^ Exactly what I was thinking, that statement might have made his case even worse
Posted via RS Mobile
LP700-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:53 PM   #278
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 6,590 Times in 1,166 Posts
Failed 68 Times in 23 Posts
Matt Zhang:

artofstance on twitter
Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photographers Enthusiasts
--------------------------------------------
2018 Volkswagen Golf R
1999 Mazda Miata *sold*
2005 Mazda 3 *sold*
2002 Volvo S40 *RIP*
1989 Volvo 740 *RIP*
Matsuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:54 PM   #279
Summertime Sadness

Thanked 2,911 Times in 648 Posts
Failed 417 Times in 78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cielmer View Post
LSF22: GIRL RACER?? NO WAAAI! THEY DON'T EXIST!

Haha, seriously though, despite the gender, dumb shit move is dumb.

I wasn't there but what exactly happened with Matt Zhang and the RS meet? I've heard of this kid before but I know little of what went down. I was also in another province at the time the RS meet happened.
LOL just wanna see what supercar this underaged fob girl thought she could handle

Matt was revving in and outside the parking lot at Adesa, as well as doing donuts and speeding down No.8 road?

[15-01, 11:33] ICE BOY i'm going to wrap my dick in a crepe and make you suck the filling

[[09-10, 11:34] ICE BOY liquor in the front, poker in the rear
LSF22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:56 PM   #280
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Failed 127 Times in 56 Posts
His statement to the media will definitely be used against him if they actually decide to take this thing to court. Which I suspect they probably will knowing how rich mainlanders operate. He should of just hired a lawyer and kept his mouth shut, but it is too late now.
Carl Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:00 PM   #281

Failed 20 Times in 17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by parm104 View Post
You're stereotyping and making assumptions. I'm not saying that what you're saying may not be the case with these guys...But you don't know them personally and you don't know what they have or what they have not done in their lives. If you're claiming that these kids are taking what they have for granted, I am going to have to assume that either you personally know them or you can read their minds because other than that, you have no way of knowing if they appreciate their toys.

At the end of the day, what people do with their money and what lifestyle people give to their kids is no one else's business but their own. The only matter we have a business in is the safety of our fellow citizens on the roads and the actions that these guys portray in public.

I've seen on a daily basis people driving ERRATICALLY and dangerously without care in shit-box cars and honky trucks...It really doesn't have anything to do with money or class.
Your right, unfortunately, these kids aren't helping the stereotypes and that's how everyone else sees it. And no, I don't know them personally, but just seeing how they present themselves on the news leads me to believe they are just that. Rich and spoiled. And if what everyone has said about this Matt kid, letting people rip up and down the street with his R8, pretty much shows, he doesn't really give a shit about his car. Anyone one of us on here wouldn't let anyone do that to our cars, now would we? Why? Cause we paid for it ourselves. Well, majority of us that is. But I do see why you replied the way you did though, I can see you don't like the stereotypes/assumptions and such....
6thGear. is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-01-2011, 11:09 PM   #282
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,223 Times in 2,294 Posts
Failed 1,143 Times in 311 Posts
Matt Zhang's stupid statement most likely helped with how the case will be tried. Then again, his whole statement was just a scapegoat line to make himself feel "better"

kinda like.. im sorry, but i didnt do it.. wtffff
Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:13 PM   #283
Marcosexual Fan Club, CEO

Failed 236 Times in 113 Posts
This is bullshit. Unless there is enough evidence to individually charge each driver, there is no way that all the cars should have been impounded. The law doesn't operate through "guilt by association." Sounds like the evidence is pretty lacking and that's why they each got charged with such a petty offence that doesn't even justify a 7 day impound. I thought you had to be charged with excessive speeding in order to get a 7 day impound?
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-01-2011, 11:20 PM   #284
YOU CANT CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS

Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,038 Posts
Failed 553 Times in 157 Posts
gonna repost this from my post in the spotted thread so everyone can see...

video with Mr. Zhang's statement

Hot wheels - News Hour - Videos | Global BC
Old 09-01-2011, 11:23 PM   #285
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Failed 68 Times in 25 Posts
To be honest, his call to global pretty much stabbed all his 'racecar' buddies in the back in attempt to make himself seem innocent.

He did it at the RS Meet, and he did it again now.

Says a lot about his character,
Geoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:24 PM   #286
Returner of Lost Phones and Turtles

Thanked 3,997 Times in 963 Posts
Failed 217 Times in 69 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco911 View Post
This is bullshit. Unless there is enough evidence to individually charge each driver, there is no way that all the cars should have been impounded. The law doesn't operate through "guilt by association." Sounds like the evidence is pretty lacking and that's why they each got charged with such a petty offence that doesn't even justify a 7 day impound. I thought you had to be charged with excessive speeding in order to get a 7 day impound?
I thought they also had to have direct evidence, this doesn't make lots of sense because you could've been doing 200 and swerving around traffic and do worse in a crappy car with them and not get caught, because you're not driving a supercar.
Posted via RS Mobile
LP700-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:36 PM   #287
no

Thanked 6,061 Times in 1,223 Posts
Failed 221 Times in 85 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoc View Post
To be honest, his call to global pretty much stabbed all his 'racecar' buddies in the back in attempt to make himself seem innocent.

He did it at the RS Meet, and he did it again now.

Says a lot about his character,
backstabber
jpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:40 PM   #288
Director of RS Cares

Failed 107 Times in 22 Posts
Daddy can buy you a car..but daddy can't buy you a brain.
Posted via RS Mobile
miss_crayon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:49 PM   #289
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 13,521 Times in 1,745 Posts
Failed 2,239 Times in 545 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpark View Post
backstabber
Old 09-01-2011, 11:52 PM   #290
My homepage has been set to RS

Failed 59 Times in 28 Posts
Man...that was seriously dumb. " Yeah...they were going 200km/hr, prob faster"

I all for fines and suspensions, but never forfeiture. That's bull.
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 01:03 AM   #291
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,845 Times in 881 Posts
Failed 1,600 Times in 375 Posts
thing that pisses me off is those kids prob still think they are cool as shit and being on the new just confirms they are getting attention

bunch of classless no brain fools

i bet they just think the cops are just hating too

something needs to be done to wipe those smirky cocky attitude from these pathetic scums of society that has nothing to contribute

holy fuxx those kids in the video are skinny as fuck .. i want to fucking snap their arm so they can't drive and put others in danger again

Last edited by EmperorIS; 09-02-2011 at 01:15 AM.
EmperorIS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-02-2011, 01:28 AM   #292
I am Hook'd on RS

Failed 7 Times in 2 Posts
Wow, look at some of these stick thin kids... Most of them weight like what? 100lbs soaking wet? I'm surprised they even have the upper body strength to handle those cars. Imagine if one of them lost control and spun out. The steering wheel would slingshot them out the window.
Cielmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 02:39 AM   #293
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Failed 74 Times in 19 Posts
"Keeping with the flow of the traffic with my friends who are easily doing 200km/h"

What an idiot...he basically admitted they were all at fault including himself. At the end of the day, you are still over the speed limit and breaking the law.
jerche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 03:48 AM   #294
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
Failed 765 Times in 247 Posts
who the fuck cares
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-02-2011, 04:48 AM   #295
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,752 Times in 1,725 Posts
Failed 85 Times in 63 Posts
lol found this on autoblog

Quote:
The driver of the MatteBlack Audi R8 is Matt Zhang. He is the kid in the hoody at 37seconds in global news video embedded in the article.

Matt Zhang is a douchebag reckless driver who frequently gets into accidents. Most recently he was t-boned in his parents Porsche Cayanne shown here.
http://www.revscene.net/forums/64220...ml#post7554273

Just a few days earlier he showed up to a annual 600+ meet, and allowed people to borrow his car which ended up doing burnouts and causing problems.

His excuse: Sorry, just wanted everyone to enjoy what he does.
http://www.revscene.net/forums/64220...ttzhang-8.html

Unfortunately justice demands evidence prove his guilt, and this time it looks like nobody has any. Hopefully next time it won't be too late.

BTW: In this latest clip, Global News claims the driver of the audi r8 (Matt Zhang) admits that some were going easily over 200KPH, and that he was just following and obeying the laws. (LOL)

skip to 1:05

Hot wheels - News Hour - Videos | Global BC
Ferrari and Lamborghini among $2 million of supercars seized in B.C. street race — Autoblog Canada
Quick link to personal reviews -> Website YouTube
Official Revscene Instagram Coordinator
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 05:08 AM   #296
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Thanked 1,502 Times in 506 Posts
Failed 418 Times in 151 Posts
I agree they need better evidence to proceed further with these individuals (especially if they try to apply to seize their vehicles).

However, I don't agree with people's comments about drivers not making good witnesses. People have used the example that someone who doesn't like you could call in and report you and you could get a ticket/fine/whatever simply based on the word of an individual.

This case is different as they had multiple callers reporting in. I don't know how many, or what was said by each caller, but it's stupid to think that a bunch of people who don't know each other, and have never met, all decided to form a conspiracy and call the police with similar stories to get these guys in trouble.

If three callers said "a Lamborghini with xxx license flew by me" that would be considered excellent evidence by the police since they all corroborate each other. If three callers said "a bunch of sports cars flew by me" then that evidence would be pretty useless in court since there's no way to identify a specific individual/vehicle.

We'll have to wait and see what further actions the police take and what evidence they use to pursue those actions. I doubt all of them will lose their cars, but one or two might if they can pinpoint a specific action by a specific individual.
dangonay is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-02-2011, 05:30 AM   #297

Thanked 6,590 Times in 1,166 Posts
Failed 68 Times in 23 Posts
just watched the video, some of them are going to fight the ticket? are you fucking serious?! man up and pay the fucking fine! Its not like its going to set you back!

/rant
artofstance on twitter
Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photographers Enthusiasts
--------------------------------------------
2018 Volkswagen Golf R
1999 Mazda Miata *sold*
2005 Mazda 3 *sold*
2002 Volvo S40 *RIP*
1989 Volvo 740 *RIP*
Matsuda is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-02-2011, 05:36 AM   #298
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Failed 22 Times in 11 Posts
I still find it hard to believe 200km/h during rush hour. Personally, I rather see cops do more with the monthly critical mass civil disturbance, or pressing charges against rioters than stopping cars based on the mysterious "multiple" callers.

People will call when they see loud flashy cars passing them, but are they trained to estimate speed?

Call me old school but I feel the burden should be on the police to prove their case. In a civilized world, we should be innocent until proven guilty.

The way the cop talked to the press, he appeared more like a third world dictator boasting about his selective enforcement.

Just because the kids look spoiled and stupid doesn't mean we have to side with whatever the police or press feeds us.
observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 05:41 AM   #299
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,223 Times in 2,294 Posts
Failed 1,143 Times in 311 Posts
it seems that its going to be just the fine + impound fees
6pts off the N is suspension tho no?

not sure on this one

but whatever, its not like these kids will learn
especially when an un-named driver decided to call global..pin the blame on friends, have them publicly humiliated and think you automatically become "hero"

Its ok, maybe being publicly humiliated by the mediums around the internet should do u some social justice. Its not like RS is the only place that's talking about the incident. When places of Jalopnik and autoblog have posts about it, the world takes notice.
Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 05:56 AM   #300
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Thanked 1,502 Times in 506 Posts
Failed 418 Times in 151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer View Post
People will call when they see loud flashy cars passing them, but are they trained to estimate speed?

Just because the kids look spoiled and stupid doesn't mean we have to side with whatever the police or press feeds us.
They weren't charged for speeding. The police officer I saw commenting outright said they could only charge them with "driving with undue care and attention". He also stated they could only charge them based on the evidence they had, which is why nobody was charged for speeding or excessive speeding.

I don't see why people are getting upset - the police didn't charge anyone for speeding based on the estimates of another untrained driver, despite the press saying stupid things like "they were going 200 km/h".
Posted via RS Mobile
dangonay is offline   Reply With Quote