REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 09-03-2011, 07:18 PM   #26
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,846 Times in 3,913 Posts
Failed 881 Times in 421 Posts
i forget where i've read it but I thought pushing your car to its limits (i guess accelrating bloody fast also counts) would also be considered street racing..even if you are the only one speeding like mad. That's hard for the police to get concrete evidence though to put that as driving recklessly.
Advertisement
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 08:45 PM   #27
Marcosexual Fan Club, CEO

Failed 236 Times in 113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post
Thanks Soundy...beat me to it. Seems somehow he overlooked those salient points! The Cops were wrong and all those witnesses who called it were wrong and the law doesn't say what it says. Understand ?????? Oh yes...and driving in rush hour traffic at over 200 kmh is not operating without reasonable consideration for others. We are the ones who are wrong!
Which of those 13 cars were driving at over 200 km/h? Were they all driving over 200? Why did they all get impounded and why did all drivers get charged?

What if a couple of drivers in the group were driving reasonably? Should they suffer the same penalties as the other drivers?
Old 09-05-2011, 12:31 AM   #28
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Failed 3 Times in 3 Posts
I think the argument trying to be made was that not all high speed driving is a street race.

From what witnesses say, it sounds like the 'Supercars on 99' were street racing. These guys in West Van, regardless of a street race or not, both tried to evade and will suffer the consequences. I have no problem with either of these groups getting charged with street racing, and slightly ticked off that the '99 group' are not charged with it.

Even though I don't like people getting tickets in general, I understand that if someone doesn't enforce some of these rules some of the time, anarchy may ensue.

My concern is the scenario where you are just plain 'the fast guy on the road'. It's entirely possible to go fast without cutting people off or any other 'racing-esque' behavior. Good old fashioned speeding, still not legal, but less penalties and outrage and such. Then let's say someone else feels like following you at this 'efficient' pace. At a glance it could look like street racing, but really isn't. I think this is the case that was not so eloquently presented earlier.

So technically, this could be the case with the two in West Van. Maybe they weren't 'racing', just both going fast without intent to pass etc. However, they got clocked, and tried to run. Guess what, that's engaging a street race with police. What if I was passed out in that ditch?

...with your kids?
DasHooch is offline   Reply With Quote