REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-15-2017, 03:08 PM   #9276
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,368 Times in 2,003 Posts
I heard about this but didn't realize how local it was. Supposedly due to trauma and not PC Culture but I'm not sure it makes a difference? Losing a parent would probably lead to 24/7 trauma.

B.C. school?s decision to not celebrate Mother?s, Father?s day in class sparks debate | Globalnews.ca
Advertisement
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-15-2017, 06:48 PM   #9277
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,597 Times in 4,323 Posts
More pussification of this generation.

Hey there's a kid on a wheelchair in this school, better cancel sports day. Ban all black/white/yellow/brown crayons. No peanuts, non-kosher, non-halal, gluten, egg and milk products. Turn all the bathrooms into single occupancy toilets. Give me a fucking break.

I'm all for tolerance and acceptance but people that are different are well aware of it and it's bullshit to take things away from everyone, just to accommodate a few.

How hard is it to get kids with single parents to make cards for grandma or an aunt (that's what my kid did, nbd.)? Hell, try helping your kid do a family tree project, as a single parent - not easy but you get through it.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 10:02 AM   #9278
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Growing up I was taught that one of the great things about this country is how we are all different. Now it seems like everyone is always trying to pigeon hole the entire populous into one giant stripped down category to make everyone feel that we are all the exact same.
2008 Mercedes C300
2012 Ford F-150 XLT
2014 Ford F-150 FX4 - Current
1999 Chevy Trailblazer
2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
2015 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L
2018 Honda HR-V Touring
2019 Audi A4 Technik - Current
2012 Porsche 911 Targa 4 - Current

1995 Kawasaki ZX-6R
2005 Yamaha R6 - RIP
2006 Yamaha R6 50th Anniversary Edition - Current

IG: G_SPYDER91
604STIG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-16-2017, 10:31 AM   #9279
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,606 Times in 4,314 Posts
I live in Mission and that's all that's been talked about for the last couple weeks, it's a fucken joke and I feel so sorry for the kids that won't know how to deal with tough situation's when they get older due to be babied their entire lives.
murd0c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 10:59 AM   #9280
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,086 Times in 1,266 Posts
It was more like teachers not wanting to do crafts and making up the wrong excuse.

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 07:52 PM   #9281
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,387 Times in 3,913 Posts
anyone ever have their gmail account disabled for suspicious activity out of the blue? and then after reenabling and checking the activity log there's nothing suspicious? in fact there's no activity for days... just happened to me i was like wtf
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 07:58 PM   #9282
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliptuner View Post
More pussification of this generation.

Hey there's a kid on a wheelchair in this school, better cancel sports day. Ban all black/white/yellow/brown crayons. No peanuts, non-kosher, non-halal, gluten, egg and milk products. Turn all the bathrooms into single occupancy toilets. Give me a fucking break.

I'm all for tolerance and acceptance but people that are different are well aware of it and it's bullshit to take things away from everyone, just to accommodate a few.

How hard is it to get kids with single parents to make cards for grandma or an aunt (that's what my kid did, nbd.)? Hell, try helping your kid do a family tree project, as a single parent - not easy but you get through it.
Instead of taking they should be adding education, I hate this system of someone is going to bitch lets bend over and take it.

I was in Singapore Airport and noticed how they built everything to please EVERYONE. They had smoking rooms for the smokers, PRAYER rooms for MULTI CULTURAL prayers.

Thats how you please everyone.
RickyTan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-17-2017, 09:06 PM   #9283
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 1,196 Posts
I think the problem with current education is that they are doing the OPPOSITE of diversification.

They feel that the way to do it is for everyone to have a common value so that everyone is equal.

Guess what? No ONE is equal! Instead, we should cherish and promote diversified thinking as long as there is no ill-thought against others.

Take LGBT for example, I respect their preference and have friends who are LGBT. But does that mean I have to agree with what they are doing? No, we talk shit about each others preferences all the time, and neither side feels offended in any way because we know they are jokes. It's like saying I don't like Chai tea and just because there are people who absolute love them, I have to say that chai tea is fine? No, I just say it tastes horrible. I have ZERO ill intent. People who love them can drink as many as they like. It's their choice and I respect them.

Do I hate LGBT? nop. Do I see myself different from them? Yes, we have different sexual preferences. Do I ever have any ill intent to any LGBT? No... they are just another person... knowing a person who's LGBT makes no difference in my mind than a straight person. I know I'm different, but in no better or worse way.

The education should teach kids about understanding, respect, and sharing. You don't like something about them or what they do? Understand why they do it, respect their rights, but this goes both ways, and you share your side of opinion. They can understand your point and respect your rights.

It shouldn't be about equality. We are all different. It's about how to work out our differences and bring the world forward to a place that only better because we took the best of all sides.
Old 05-17-2017, 10:01 PM   #9284
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
I think the problem with current education is that they are doing the OPPOSITE of diversification.

They feel that the way to do it is for everyone to have a common value so that everyone is equal.

Guess what? No ONE is equal! Instead, we should cherish and promote diversified thinking as long as there is no ill-thought against others.

Take LGBT for example, I respect their preference and have friends who are LGBT. But does that mean I have to agree with what they are doing? No, we talk shit about each others preferences all the time, and neither side feels offended in any way because we know they are jokes. It's like saying I don't like Chai tea and just because there are people who absolute love them, I have to say that chai tea is fine? No, I just say it tastes horrible. I have ZERO ill intent. People who love them can drink as many as they like. It's their choice and I respect them.

Do I hate LGBT? nop. Do I see myself different from them? Yes, we have different sexual preferences. Do I ever have any ill intent to any LGBT? No... they are just another person... knowing a person who's LGBT makes no difference in my mind than a straight person. I know I'm different, but in no better or worse way.

The education should teach kids about understanding, respect, and sharing. You don't like something about them or what they do? Understand why they do it, respect their rights, but this goes both ways, and you share your side of opinion. They can understand your point and respect your rights.

It shouldn't be about equality. We are all different. It's about how to work out our differences and bring the world forward to a place that only better because we took the best of all sides.

I think equality means we can all poke fun at each other without being offended. Like buddies you know.
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 08:00 AM   #9285
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,867 Times in 2,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yray View Post
It was more like teachers not wanting to do crafts and making up the wrong excuse.
save a ton on wasted construction paper, glitter and glue!

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 09:40 AM   #9286

Thanked 2,796 Times in 1,196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by threezero View Post
I think equality means we can all poke fun at each other without being offended. Like buddies you know.
Yes, but schools nowadays cuts events in fear of "offending" others.

As I said, why would these "others" feel offended if you teach you and let them understand why such events are taking places. A non-ill fated event shouldn't be discouraged and should be cherished. It shows the diversity and overall level of our society.

The way schools are doing now, no wonder we are creating a generation that's all about me, me and me. Because their understanding of equality is that, if I don't like this, the others shouldn't be enjoying this either because it's "offensive".
Old 05-18-2017, 10:53 AM   #9287
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,532 Times in 4,916 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
save a ton on wasted construction paper, glitter and glue!
Yup........ art for arts sake.

So much wasted materials, and the kids learn absolutely nothing about art.

If they actually learned concepts, I'd be supportive of art, but to many teachers, it's down time. Sad.

Having said that, there are some really fine art teachers out there. Just not as many as one would hope for.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 12:44 PM   #9288
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 9,057 Times in 3,941 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
the kids learn absolutely nothing about art.
They do learn creativity, something far more useful than artistic concepts or whatever.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 03:21 PM   #9289
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Schools are scared shitless by lawsuits from hypersensitive assclowns.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 03:50 PM   #9290
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,022 Times in 450 Posts
Quote:
Yup........ art for arts sake.

So much wasted materials, and the kids learn absolutely nothing about art.

If they actually learned concepts, I'd be supportive of art, but to many teachers, it's down time. Sad.

Having said that, there are some really fine art teachers out there. Just not as many as one would hope for.
Concept before exploration? For elementary school kids? That's a sure fire way for kids to tune you out LOL. While I'm no where close to being an art lover, the way they're doing it is correct. Trial and error with no boundaries is what breeds creativity. If they're bound by guidelines from the get go, you're only teaching them to plagiarize.

On another note, these are elementary school teachers. Most of them are no smarter than the average person who holds a bachelor's degree. With how overly educated our society already is. Parents really need to realize that they themselves can teach these things. If anything, just fucking Google it.
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 11:38 PM   #9291
MG1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
Concept before exploration? For elementary school kids? That's a sure fire way for kids to tune you out LOL. While I'm no where close to being an art lover, the way they're doing it is correct. Trial and error with no boundaries is what breeds creativity. If they're bound by guidelines from the get go, you're only teaching them to plagiarize.
Wow...........never said concept before exploration....... how about exploration along with some understanding of basic concepts. Kids aren't dumb. Too many people........... nvm. Ah, creativity. I remember a teacher pushing that......... in language arts. Kids wrote stuff nobody could read because they couldn't spell or form a proper sentence. And, they never learned any communications skills whatsoever. You'd figure that out of a hundred or so of the kids she worked with, one of them would come up with something ---- creative. Nope. She was the expert in the school and all the other teachers sent their kids to her. Sad.

On a side note, I wAnder what happened to basal readers and programmes. I heard they're finally making a come back after all the airy fairy stuff we've been seeing for decades. Foundations. Pedagogy. Nuff said.

Quote:
Parents really need to realize that they themselves can teach these things. If anything, just fucking Google it.
Yup, one of my kids started reading before age three and the other two by four. My wife was really into teaching our kids. She was better at it than the ones who got paid to do it. And, she was at the school coaching the teachers. Making sure they didn't make a mess of things. The Internet was her friend and she was always on top of the latest in brain research - development, skills acquisition, etc. A good balanced approach to stuff, as well. We were seriously thinking of home schooling our children, but decided not to.

Quote:
On another note, these are elementary school teachers. Most of them are no smarter than the average person who holds a bachelor's degree. With how overly educated our society already is.
I blame the Education Departments at Universities for not raising the bar and doing a better job - to a degree (no pun intended).

Anyway, there really is no solution. Downhill trend and it's not getting any better. With each generation........... it's late. It's Revscene. I'm too old for this shit.
Old 05-19-2017, 04:57 PM   #9292
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 9,057 Times in 3,941 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
Parents really need to realize that they themselves can teach these things. If anything, just fucking Google it.
That's what I keep saying to people who bitch about things like "they never taught us anything useful in school, like how to do taxes". What they teach you in school is how to learn things, if you're too inept to learn how to do something on your own as an adult I'm sorry but it's you that has failed, not the school system.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-20-2017, 09:39 PM   #9293
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
Just saw this come up on facebook. I don't think I'd have such a quick reaction time as the dude that jumped in did. Holy fuck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-20-2017, 09:54 PM   #9294
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,143 Times in 1,219 Posts
Yeah I was just about to post that video! Hope she learns to never turn her back on a wild animal.

Whenever I'm around water with my kids, I prepare myself to jump in the water just in case, lol...
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-20-2017, 10:15 PM   #9295
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
Poor girl is probably terribly traumatized from that though. It wasn't a terribly smart move on the girl or her parents' part, but still. I can't imagine how much therapy she might need from that. I hope her parents learned a serious lesson (I'm guessing they were probably trying to take a picture of her with the sea lion).

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-20-2017, 10:50 PM   #9296
MG1

Never feed animals. Don't get close to them. Man, cute or not, they can rip your head off. Girl was very fortunate. Dude was in the right place and did the right thing. If it were me, I'd make sure my iPhone was okay first, then dive in, lol. I haven't been to the docks in Steveston for quite some time. Are there any warning signs around. Maybe the seals showing up is recent? And now that people are feeding them, they'll be around in droves. My father was a commercial fisherman, so I learned early on how dangerous seals can be. These aren't baby seals lying on ice you can club over the head. Anyway, girl and parents learned a valuable lesson. Don't mess with nature.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-21-2017, 11:09 AM   #9297

Does anyone know how early i need to show up at Costco tire centre if I want to be the in at 10am opening?
I tried Richmond and DT, both times I showed maybe 5~10min after 10am, garage already full, waiting parking spots full....

Last edited by ImportPsycho; 05-21-2017 at 12:29 PM.
ImportPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 05:32 PM   #9298
MG1

I remember showing up at 7 am in winter at the Willingdon location The tire shop opens earlier than the warehouse. Not sure what days, though. Most likely weekends.

Just look it up.........

An RS member works at Costco. Can't remember who it was, but perhaps they can answer the question. Either way, they are closed tomorrow.

I also remember hearing about appointments? Maybe new thing.

Last edited by MG1; 05-21-2017 at 05:52 PM.
Old 05-21-2017, 05:55 PM   #9299
MG1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inaii View Post
Just saw this come up on facebook. I don't think I'd have such a quick reaction time as the dude that jumped in did. Holy fuck.

http://youtu.be/pMDtibc13fc
Inaii, you were the first to post about the seal story on RS, but I guess the story was worthy of its own thread. Anyway................. it wasn't the girl's time.

This story reminds me to go get some flash frozen albacore tuna and some prawns from Steveston.

Last edited by MG1; 05-21-2017 at 06:01 PM.
Old 05-21-2017, 05:57 PM   #9300
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,597 Times in 4,323 Posts
Quote:

An RS member works at Costco. Can't remember who it was, but perhaps they can answer the question. Either way, they are closed tomorrow.

I also remember hearing about appointments? Maybe new thing.
320icar

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: