REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-04-2018, 12:54 PM   #9926
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,566 Times in 4,935 Posts
Failed 316 Times in 202 Posts
I hate to comment on cars, because people have such differing tastes, but I totally agree, that is one fugly vehicle. I would be forced to wear a bag over my head if I had to drive one.

I know it may sound like I'm obsessed with IG, but she would fit right in on a photoshoot with that car. I want someone on RS to photochop Integra Girl into a photo of that car. Vansterdamnit, I challenge you.
Advertisement
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 04:27 PM   #9927
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,820 Times in 501 Posts
Failed 57 Times in 27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GS8 View Post
I didn't think CUVs could get uglier

Then I saw this

I wanted to make an off-handed joke about the narrow headlights but you know...

Or are the headlights between the upper lights and fog lights?

Spoiler!
Looks like they tried to copy the Jeep Cherokee:

Which to me is one of the ugliest SUVs I've ever seen. Why oh why couldn't they copy something that actually looked nice?!
Tone Loc is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-04-2018, 05:51 PM   #9928
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Failed 41 Times in 12 Posts
Quote:
I didn't think CUVs could get uglier

Then I saw this

I wanted to make an off-handed joke about the narrow headlights but you know...

Or are the headlights between the upper lights and fog lights?

Probably designed by the same guy who designed the Nissan Juke(or Cube/Leaf). Nissan fired them and they found a job at Hyundai, LOL.
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 09:54 PM   #9929
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Failed 28 Times in 9 Posts
Anyone else collect esso extra points and having a tough time redeeming them? What I mean by that is I've been to various esso stations and I have a lot of trouble using them as the employees do not know how to redeem points. I understand that this is an entry level job but they need to do better training if they want this program to succeed..
xxxrsxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 11:16 PM   #9930
I subscribe to Revscene

Failed 2,489 Times in 834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
https://globalnews.ca/news/4060772/m...ver-road-rage/

i find it hard to believe the toll cameras are not functional already...there's gotta be cameras along the way at least.
"Big Brother" sees all... if this story gets buried the media is also complicit.
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 08:09 PM   #9931
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 10,152 Times in 3,636 Posts
Failed 469 Times in 234 Posts
I went to mcdinks and I realized that a single big mac is now 5.49 wtf !?! It wasn't even a meal. It was just the burger. Weren't those like 3 dollars before ?
Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-08-2018, 08:21 PM   #9932
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

Failed 11 Times in 6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
I went to mcdinks and I realized that a single big mac is now 5.49 wtf !?! It wasn't even a meal. It was just the burger. Weren't those like 3 dollars before ?
Get the Mc D's app and it's only $1
syee is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-09-2018, 03:40 PM   #9933
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,472 Times in 2,028 Posts
Failed 173 Times in 83 Posts
We set our clocks one hour ahead on Sat night for DST. This means longer days when summer comes around

I don't know why people complain about this. I love sunlight at 9:00pm in the summer. I'm sure the economic advantages are huge as well.

I guess snowflakes melt faster under longer daylight
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-11-2018, 03:08 AM   #9934
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
Failed 296 Times in 68 Posts
I see some guys with their R34 GT-R Skylines who live in the US and have BC insured plates, is that legal? What happens if they get caught because these cars aren't technically legal in the US yet
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 06:22 AM   #9935
MG1

Quote:
We set our clocks one hour ahead on Sat night for DST. This means longer days when summer comes around

I don't know why people complain about this. I love sunlight at 9:00pm in the summer. I'm sure the economic advantages are huge as well.

I guess snowflakes melt faster under longer daylight
Most clocks on electronic devices change on their own, but it's a bit of a pain when you have pesky analog clocks and non-GPS/wireless enabled digital clocks and watches to deal with, but the benefits far outweigh the tiny, tiny bit of inconvenience caused by having to reset clocks.

Also, those who say it causes accidents and whatnot, it's only one hour. If it affects your life that much, then you've got bigger issues.

Like Bill Good on News 1130 stated. Never went to bed late or partied too hard? Shit happens everyday. I think it's because it is planned and scheduled that it screws everyone up. It's all in your head. Good thing they do it early on a Sunday, so all you suffer from is being late for Sunday School,

Anyway, like GS8 said. Enjoy the extra hour of daylight. It should be 6:22 right now, but at 7:22, it's light outside............. "time" to do some gardening.

Last edited by MG1; 03-11-2018 at 06:30 AM.
Old 03-11-2018, 11:01 AM   #9936
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,838 Times in 1,218 Posts
Failed 616 Times in 193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSALES View Post
I see some guys with their R34 GT-R Skylines who live in the US and have BC insured plates, is that legal? What happens if they get caught because these cars aren't technically legal in the US yet
It's a loophole, but not a simple one to take. You need a BC address to have a BC plate/insurance coverage. Not to mention ICBC could deny claim if it doesn't comply with its declaration (the car is parked mostly in the address declared, as it determines the insurance premium).

But if the guy is desperate enough to get a R34 10years before it can be legally admitted in the US, all the powers to him.
Old 03-11-2018, 11:51 PM   #9937

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 153 Posts
Sask. professor receives threats over upcoming talk on 'whiteness' at Ontario university - Saskatchewan - CBC News

Quote:
An assistant professor of education at the University of Regina is facing widespread backlash to a talk he is giving Monday titled It's Okay to be (Against) White(ness).
According to the event's Facebook page, "Whiteness is an academic term for the ideologies that describe the practices, beliefs, habits and attitudes that enable the unequal distribution of power and privilege based on skin-colour."

"This event is not discussing problems with white people, it is discussing whiteness as an idea," said Lindsay Yates, the TCSA ethical standards commissioner via email. "Whiteness is a set of privileges that those of us who present as white have access to.
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 08:46 AM   #9938
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 9,257 Times in 4,029 Posts
Failed 427 Times in 225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
It's a loophole, but not a simple one to take. You need a BC address to have a BC plate/insurance coverage. Not to mention ICBC could deny claim if it doesn't comply with its declaration (the car is parked mostly in the address declared, as it determines the insurance premium).

But if the guy is desperate enough to get a R34 10years before it can be legally admitted in the US, all the powers to him.
I think the R34 is banned entirely from the US? Either way their ICBC coverage is most likely invalid if they're keeping it down there.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 11:50 PM   #9939
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Failed 21 Times in 14 Posts
Esso is getting rid of aeroplan. shitty. Use to like multiplier on premium gas. Time to start getting rid of aeroplan points.
Rallydrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 08:27 AM   #9940

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
I think the R34 is banned entirely from the US? Either way their ICBC coverage is most likely invalid if they're keeping it down there.
Only those imported by Motorex. R34 imported and registered in BC or CDN plated can be legally driven into the US.

The ICBC thing is a bit grey. Assuming the guy has a permanent address here somehow, and would drive back to BC every now and then, it's hard for ICBC to deny coverage as their policy covers both CA and US.

It would only be plausible for ICBC to deny converage if the guy has no proof of permanent address, only an address of convenience and only ever drive it back to renew the insurance (which he has to be pretty stupid to do that).

At least that's what I know from exp. Have a cousin who went into the US for work (temporary atm) and he only drives it back for visit. Everything is chill with ICBC (he did file a report with ICBC saying that the car would be there while he works)
Old 03-13-2018, 11:21 AM   #9941
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 9,257 Times in 4,029 Posts
Failed 427 Times in 225 Posts
Quote:
Only those imported by Motorex. R34 imported and registered in BC or CDN plated can be legally driven into the US.
I was referring to importing one once they're 25 years old, I was under the impression that all R34s are perma-banned from US registration.

Quote:
The ICBC thing is a bit grey. Assuming the guy has a permanent address here somehow, and would drive back to BC every now and then, it's hard for ICBC to deny coverage as their policy covers both CA and US.

It would only be plausible for ICBC to deny converage if the guy has no proof of permanent address, only an address of convenience and only ever drive it back to renew the insurance (which he has to be pretty stupid to do that).

At least that's what I know from exp. Have a cousin who went into the US for work (temporary atm) and he only drives it back for visit. Everything is chill with ICBC (he did file a report with ICBC saying that the car would be there while he works)
I would imagine there's a limit to how long you can "temporarily" be down there for work or school. At minimum you'd need to inform ICBC like your cousin did but I doubt many people do.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 01:15 PM   #9942

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
I was referring to importing one once they're 25 years old, I was under the impression that all R34s are perma-banned from US registration.

I would imagine there's a limit to how long you can "temporarily" be down there for work or school. At minimum you'd need to inform ICBC like your cousin did but I doubt many people do.
Now that I re-read my previous msg... I dunno wtf I was thinking. Probably the lack of caffeine

There ARE MotoRex imported R33/34 legal in the US. But it was more like a pardon to MotoRex screwup and avoid further legal problem with those owners who got a R33/34 prior to the Motorex downfall if these guys were crazy enough to pay the premium for the right to own R33/34, they would take US custom to court if they decide otherwise.

Read https://jalopnik.com/here-s-how-peop...d-s-1685247358

Nevertheless, there still IS way to legally register a R34... as kit cars. A wealthy client that I used to work with did exactly that. He bought a R34 NISMO in Japan, took it apart down to pieces, imported everything and hired/flew a group of NISMO technicians (I think a group of 3 people) and basically put the car back together in one piece.

A very costly loophole to go through with... but when one has more money than brain, they do whatever the fuck they want.

It was facinated to talk to him on this though... he has this deep passion for Skylines... even had THE PGC10 (supposedly, I didn't see it. Although I did see the R34 in his ranch)
Old 03-17-2018, 07:17 PM   #9943
I subscribe to Revscene

Failed 2,489 Times in 834 Posts
All CPUs leak your information by default.

Meltdown & Spectre - CPU Design Vulnerability 3min
youtube.com/watch?v=WXM4YTnjqy4
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 07:22 PM   #9944
MG1

Quote:
Now that I re-read my previous msg... I dunno wtf I was thinking. Probably the lack of caffeine
Yup, always blame the lack of caffeine. That and lack of sleep, daylight savings, being drunk, met an insatiable young hottie that drained every last bit of your energy.................

Old 03-20-2018, 09:29 AM   #9945

Thanked 2,921 Times in 761 Posts
Failed 367 Times in 95 Posts

wtf... revscene beat down crew?
Acura604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 01:30 AM   #9946
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,326 Times in 1,459 Posts
Failed 238 Times in 63 Posts
Anyone here that can hook me up with an Apple F&F discount? PM, thanks.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 01:26 PM   #9947
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Failed 16 Times in 11 Posts
Sup with all this THRIVE bs people are promoting on social media these days lol
dapperfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 01:53 PM   #9948
I STILL don't get it

Failed 16 Times in 9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dapperfied View Post
Sup with all this THRIVE bs people are promoting on social media these days lol
Omg yes lmao its so annoying!
Its a weight loss program lol that people can start up their own business I think? Similar to Usana, etc.
MSREE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 05:38 AM   #9949
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Failed 405 Times in 91 Posts
Casino's in Washington

I used to cross the border and go to Washington to go down to the silver reef/skajit casino years ago with a friend at night to waste time on nights we had nothing to do. Head there at 9-10pm and come back a few hours later when we get bored. We'd usually stop off at a 24/7 walmart afterwards to go on a binge junk food spree since one of us would drink the whole time and the other driver. We were thinking about doing it again but just looking at some maps we can't find that walmart anymore. The one we think is it is only open until midnight now. Is there any other 24/7 places around that you guys know of that would be on the way back?
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 07:53 AM   #9950
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,835 Times in 987 Posts
Failed 178 Times in 60 Posts
How often do you guys call out assholes on public transit?

I usually just ignore it, but just yesterday I was getting on the train in rush hour, and there is a nice line formed, as there usually is. These two kids, maybe ~16yo, were at least 10 people deep into the line, so as soon as the doors open, they literally step out of the line and dash straight into the train, cutting everyone else off and forcing their way passed even the people who are still trying to get off. To top it off, when I get in the train, they’re sitting in the handicap/elderly seats giggling to each other.

Younger me wanted to call them out publically for being assholes, older me couldn’t be bothered.. what do you guys normally do?