REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-17-2019, 10:50 PM   #10451
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,597 Times in 4,323 Posts
Follow up to the now, 10 day, Jeopardy champ. $700K total and had the top 3, single day winnings. Playing against him seems torturous.

Advertisement

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-18-2019, 01:29 PM   #10452
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

I need a gas lawn trimmer.

What is the most solid one to purchase? Budget = $200-300.
nismodrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 07:01 PM   #10453
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

^^ How much grass are you cutting? $200-300 can buy a very good quality trimmer.

We used all Stihl equipment when I worked on a grass cutting crew. No issues with it aside from replacing the heads when they get worn out or the odd starter cord break.
Old 04-19-2019, 01:31 AM   #10454
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,947 Times in 8,264 Posts

This footage was shot in 1080p HD (maybe 1080i, not sure) back in 1992, long before that became a standard. So while the footage is original and almost 30 years old, it looks like it was filmed practically yesterday!

Japan in 1992 take me there

What's the weeb emote?

Edit: And here's one of New York...

SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-19-2019, 10:48 AM   #10455
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 9,059 Times in 3,942 Posts
1080p shot in 1992 and yet there's still TV shows being released on DVD in 2019.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 01:24 PM   #10456
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,173 Times in 1,553 Posts
The Purge has been completed. 4 dumpster bins of crap hauled out of my parents' house. I found some memories, like this children's novel:

I read it many times as a child, but I don't think I ever examined how dystopic it was.

Spoiler!
Old 05-12-2019, 11:44 AM   #10457
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,136 Times in 1,973 Posts
Wut ??!!

whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 12:53 PM   #10458
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
^lol rought times for all the male feminists out there.

Listening to CBC radio right now to maybe hear some stories about great moms out there on this Mothers Day. Instead they have taken this time to shit on fathers. I miss when CBC radio was good.
Old 05-13-2019, 08:34 AM   #10459
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,681 Times in 2,318 Posts
https://www.reddit.com/r/vancouver/c..._stanley_park/

Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 07:56 AM   #10460
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,532 Times in 4,916 Posts
Drive with caution out there, RS bishes. It hasn’t rained in quite some time. Accumulated oils and shit are lifting out of the asphalt causing foamy crap on the roads. Just slow down.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-14-2019, 06:11 PM   #10461
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Alright. Anyone working in New construction?
What rain gear do you wear?

I hate working while im wet.
DavidNguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 09:15 PM   #10462
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,572 Times in 5,768 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidNguyen View Post
Alright. Anyone working in New construction?
What rain gear do you wear?

I hate working while im wet.
Nothing works..lol

I spent hundreds on “the best” gear when I was still in construction. Helly Hansen lined “breathable” rain coats and pants, thermal lined carhart hoodies, $250 Dunlop rubber boots, etc you always get wet. Whether it’s rain and water from working or sweat.

Get good base layers and bring a change of clothes for mid-day is about as good as it gets.

Working outside in west coast weather was a big reason I took a huge pay cut and made a career change. Hated my life dragging my ass to work everyday when it was raining and for most of my work in the later years I was a superintendent and it was still the shits..lol
Old 05-14-2019, 11:24 PM   #10463
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Nothing works..lol

I spent hundreds on “the best” gear when I was still in construction. Helly Hansen lined “breathable” rain coats and pants, thermal lined carhart hoodies, $250 Dunlop rubber boots, etc you always get wet. Whether it’s rain and water from working or sweat.

Get good base layers and bring a change of clothes for mid-day is about as good as it gets.

Working outside in west coast weather was a big reason I took a huge pay cut and made a career change. Hated my life dragging my ass to work everyday when it was raining and for most of my work in the later years I was a superintendent and it was still the shits..lol
This David....

Honda hit it spot on. I would have to say, the boots made a difference though. Good rubber boots and I changed my wool socks at lunch, so worth the money.

But the gear, I also spent hundreds if not thousands.

To sum it up, here's the crap I got.

Columbia titanium shell
Helly Hansen..Multiple jackets, even the supposedly best one at marks was Garbage (the greenish one).
Red wing boots, insulated and non
Long Viking Rain Jacket
Crappy rain jackets when I was cheap in the beginning, like Stormtech crap.
PVC Carhartt, you'll sweat so much, it's not even worth it.

If I had to do it over again, or a new kid asked me.

Like Honda said, Quality base layers, wool or icebreakers. So even if you get wet, you won't die from the sweat. Etc.

Heck, as crazy as it sounds, I'd hit up Arcteryx outlet or craigslist and find some heavily discounted Goretex Shell jackets/pants, buy 2 top/bottom, then change out at lunch or when it's soaked. Properly wash and treat them. Being construction, any rips, just use some duct tape or waterproof tape

But definitely I suggest the Gum boots and Wool socks.

Again, you'll get wet, whether from your own sweat or the rain. But comfortability wise, a nice wool wicking base layer and a shell and some gold bond for the balls.

P.S. wait till the cold rain or snow. Sucks 100x than the rain in the summer (which is nothing in comparison)
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-15-2019, 04:53 AM   #10464

My friend suggested i get something but my foreman said nothing works. Just bring to sets of clothes.

Ugh. Im in my early 30s going into a trade. Been a year now.

Not sure if i wanna give up

Thanks for the advice guys. Saved me alot of money!
Old 05-15-2019, 10:55 AM   #10465
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,572 Times in 5,768 Posts
The Dunlop rubber boots will be the best $250 you’ve ever spent. Even if you have steel toes currently having them as your second pair will be a life saver in the rain. Especially if you’re s plumber or electrician etc and work in the trenches occasionally

If you’re interested in them at all do not cheap out and opt for the Dakota knock offs, they are garbage
Old 05-15-2019, 01:15 PM   #10466
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Agreed with most of what was said, if its raining, you're probably going to get wet eventually but there are some ways you can improve things. There is a big difference between getting wet in the first 15 minutes of your shift, and staying dry until middle of the afternoon.

Lined rubber boots. Don't even pretend to think leather 'work boots' are going to stay dry, including goretex or other waterproof boots. 80% of wet feet are actually caused by water wicking up your pants and down your socks into your boots too. My rain boots are as comfortable as my best work boots.

Outerwear. The more waterproof it is, the less it breaths, and you get wet from the inside out so stuff like full rubber rain gear, while it will keep you dry, its going to suck. Helly Hansen impertech is fairly decent at its price point, but breath-ability sucks.

Also if you're wearing good goretex stuff, the less layers you have on underneath the better. Goretex works by having a temperature difference between the inside and the outside. essentially, the heat from your body being higher than the ambient temperature outside 'pushes' moisture thru the goretex. the more layers you have on insulating your body heat from your outer shell, the less that thermal difference is, and the less efficient the process works.

Base layers are definitely the key. Im a big merino fan, but if you're going to maybe get wet in a short burst, and then have an opportunity to take your rain gear off and dry out, synthetic is much much faster at drying.
Old 05-15-2019, 01:49 PM   #10467

I wore my Sorel waterproof winter boots all year long when working outside and I only ever had wet feet from sweat. I bought them back in 2001 and I wore them until the stitching came apart this past winter. So they are durable.

^Closest in appearance to the boots I have.
I had a set of loose fitting Columbia rain pants and jacket which I could put on or remove without removing my boots and they did a decent job, but they don't breath well so I had them off as soon as the rain let up.

Last edited by Bouncing Bettys; 05-15-2019 at 01:56 PM.
Bouncing Bettys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 05:38 PM   #10468

Becoming a plumber. Yah i got those 250 dunlop boots. They are sweet!

I wore rain gear overall and i was dry. But wet from the sweat like you guys mentioned. It gonna rain hard this friday. I thought of getting those waterproof jackets you see alot at sport check (HH. North face. Etc....) That should get me thru the spring. Winter will be another story. Need pants to. Hate wet underwear haha

Heck. I even considered wearing a plastic garbage bag as anjacket/poncho. Cheap and dont care if it gets rippped

Last edited by DavidNguyen; 05-15-2019 at 05:43 PM.
Old 05-15-2019, 06:23 PM   #10469
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,830 Times in 233 Posts
/

Last edited by nsmb; 05-25-2019 at 10:03 PM.
nsmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 06:25 PM   #10470
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidNguyen View Post
Becoming a plumber. Yah i got those 250 dunlop boots. They are sweet!

I wore rain gear overall and i was dry. But wet from the sweat like you guys mentioned. It gonna rain hard this friday. I thought of getting those waterproof jackets you see alot at sport check (HH. North face. Etc....) That should get me thru the spring. Winter will be another story. Need pants to. Hate wet underwear haha

Heck. I even considered wearing a plastic garbage bag as anjacket/poncho. Cheap and dont care if it gets rippped
Awesome that a company took the chance on ya an apprenticeship.

A goretex shell and poncho is sometimes what I wear on really really shitty days. Definitely not a crazy idea.

Don't get a bib style rain pants if do.....when you have the rock a piss, it's a bitch.
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 07:58 PM   #10471

Not sure on what i wanna do. Get the bib style and sweat or wear base layer and change often.

Ill probably try the base layers and bring extra clothes.
Never ever wore base layers in my life. Looks weird

Last edited by DavidNguyen; 05-15-2019 at 08:04 PM.
Old 05-15-2019, 08:00 PM   #10472

Quote:
Originally Posted by subordinate View Post
Awesome that a company took the chance on ya an apprenticeship.

A goretex shell and poncho is sometimes what I wear on really really shitty days. Definitely not a crazy idea.

Don't get a bib style rain pants if do.....when you have the rock a piss, it's a bitch.
Yea. Glad a company took me on. I almost gave up on plumbing because no one would hire me and was job less for 5 months

In hindsight. I should have became an electrician. Less physical and cleaner haha
Old 05-15-2019, 08:50 PM   #10473
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

^^ Not necessarily. I worked as an apprentice sparky on slab. Not fun when you're knees deep in concrete trying to repair broken cor-line/boxes.
Old 05-16-2019, 08:00 AM   #10474
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,136 Times in 1,973 Posts
Have you seen anything as stupid and mismanaged as this? It's just a friggin payroll system! You mean you couldn't adapt one of the many working systems out there and had to come up with one from scratch that doesn't work ??!! Way to effectively use our tax dollars.

Phoenix pay system cost could total $2.6B before cheaper replacement ready.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottaw...port-1.5138036
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-16-2019, 09:14 AM   #10475

^Rest assured someone made a lot of money selling that system, and those in government who helped push for it, will have nice cushy jobs in the private sector as their reward.