REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-12-2022, 07:14 PM   #13126
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Failed 5 Times in 2 Posts
Holy shit. Rip
Advertisement
nismodrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 07:55 PM   #13127
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,472 Times in 2,028 Posts
Failed 173 Times in 83 Posts

Speaking of RIP

They're all gone now...
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-12-2022, 08:03 PM   #13128
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,387 Times in 3,913 Posts
Failed 1,390 Times in 625 Posts
Was surprised to learn that gottfried was only 67, I thought he was 67 when I was a kid

Also surprised that that's not his real voice
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 08:48 PM   #13129
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 4,049 Times in 1,727 Posts
Failed 434 Times in 211 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
https://vancouver.citynews.ca/2022/0...uth-vancouver/

1 Confirmed dead. RIP.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 05:15 AM   #13130
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,996 Times in 7,423 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
Fuck that’s such brutal luck. A couple inches, couple seconds left earlier or later, couple km/h faster or slower. The odds are so slim.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 06:06 AM   #13131
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,323 Times in 2,077 Posts
Failed 296 Times in 140 Posts
Yah, the first car (black Accord), tree fell right on the roof, crushed whole car ... sole driver died.
Second white car (white SUV) ... less than 1 sec real time difference probably, tree fell on front hood ... driver and passenger survived.

That's a pretty fast flowing section with a LOT of traffic. A lot of people should go and hug their kids today.

Moving forward, if you are familiar with that section of Marine Dr, it is going to be problematic, this revealed loose soil over a stretch with lots of similar positioned trees.
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 07:06 AM   #13132
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,996 Times in 7,423 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
Every year when the wind hits in the spring it seems to show very volatile areas in GVRD. We back onto a creek and tons of trees fell down onto the path and some even hit some balconies. It’s pretty common that someone would be where they land, and luckily no one was hurt.
I remember the couple in west van that was killed this winter when one smashed into their house and landed right on their bed when they were sleeping. Better chance of winning the lottery and that would be a lot cooler. Devastating coincidence.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-13-2022, 08:17 AM   #13133
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,935 Times in 1,344 Posts
Failed 58 Times in 33 Posts
Quote:
Yah, the first car (black Accord), tree fell right on the roof, crushed whole car ... sole driver died.
Second white car (white SUV) ... less than 1 sec real time difference probably, tree fell on front hood ... driver and passenger survived.

That's a pretty fast flowing section with a LOT of traffic. A lot of people should go and hug their kids today.

Moving forward, if you are familiar with that section of Marine Dr, it is going to be problematic, this revealed loose soil over a stretch with lots of similar positioned trees.
The crazy thing is we drive there west bound 2-3 times a day, wife was doing daycare today and she took a different route. It happened right about when she would be driving through with the kid. Thankful that it wasn't us, but feel bad for the guy that didn't make it.
EvoFire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 08:21 AM   #13134

Yah, that's one lottery you don't want to win.
Old 04-15-2022, 05:58 AM   #13135
Banned (ABWS)?

Is there any way for etransfers to get reversed once the receiver collects it and it's in their bank account?

Some guy on Craigslist wants me to reserve an item I'm selling until he gets back in town and is willing to etransfer the payment first. My immediate thought is scam!

Normally I wouldn't even bother thinking about these kind of emails, but just wondering is there actually anything to lose on my end? We're still going to have to meet up eventually when he physically picks up the item so I'm not shipping it off. He just wants to make sure someone else doesn't buy it first...

I mean, if I can get paid upfront early, he can take his time and pick up the item whenever. Just wondering if anyone ever went through something like this. How much of my personal info gets shared to the buyer if I'm just collecting it and putting it in my bank account?
Old 04-15-2022, 06:53 AM   #13136
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,081 Times in 2,097 Posts
Failed 215 Times in 113 Posts
I got paid upfront for a putter that I shipped over to the island.. once it hits your account you’re good. I just shared my email address.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 07:10 AM   #13137

^^ yah, stories of people who etransferred $$ to another account my mistake ... receiver got it, took $$ out, nothing even bank can do.
Old 04-15-2022, 01:09 PM   #13138
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,601 Times in 3,568 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
Part of the Rockefeller family. Dad was governor of New York. disappears in a remote part of Papua New Guinea in 1961. People think he was eaten by cannibals.

Old 04-15-2022, 04:10 PM   #13139
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
Failed 178 Times in 73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
Is there any way for etransfers to get reversed once the receiver collects it and it's in their bank account?

Some guy on Craigslist wants me to reserve an item I'm selling until he gets back in town and is willing to etransfer the payment first. My immediate thought is scam!

Normally I wouldn't even bother thinking about these kind of emails, but just wondering is there actually anything to lose on my end? We're still going to have to meet up eventually when he physically picks up the item so I'm not shipping it off. He just wants to make sure someone else doesn't buy it first...

I mean, if I can get paid upfront early, he can take his time and pick up the item whenever. Just wondering if anyone ever went through something like this. How much of my personal info gets shared to the buyer if I'm just collecting it and putting it in my bank account?
It may just mean hes been looking for the item ur selling for a long time and its a good deal so hes willing to pay upfront. Nowadays if u got desirable item, people r willing to buy for asking and pay upfront. ive done it. may i ask what ur selliing?
RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 04:28 PM   #13140
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,326 Times in 1,459 Posts
Failed 238 Times in 63 Posts
I mean if you're worried about etransfers, do you only ever take cash for in-person transactions?

The only time they get reversed is if he claims fraud with the bank.

What's the item and amount he transferred?
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 04:44 PM   #13141

yah, seriously, a lot of CL transactions are done at the spot with e-transfers. So that's the same thing ... guy can etransfer you but he can't reverse it.

In those transactions, sometimes it goes through fine and quick like minutes ... other times, you're sitting there for 10 awkward mins shooting the breeze until it comes through your text or email. I almost always settle on terms before meeting someone, like state cash only.
Old 04-15-2022, 07:21 PM   #13142
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,907 Times in 770 Posts
Failed 407 Times in 108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post

I need to cancel a transfer, but the recipient has already accepted the deposit. How do I reverse an Interac e-Transfer transaction?

Unfortunately, once a deposit has been made there is no way to reverse the transaction. You’ll have to make arrangements directly with the recipient.

https://www.interac.ca/en/consumers/...mers/#faq_2924

If they scam you, they'll try to ask you for a refund once they send you the transfer. Just don't send them back any money.
PeanutButter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 08:41 PM   #13143
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,345 Times in 589 Posts
Failed 149 Times in 56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutButter View Post
I need to cancel a transfer, but the recipient has already accepted the deposit. How do I reverse an Interac e-Transfer transaction?

Unfortunately, once a deposit has been made there is no way to reverse the transaction. You’ll have to make arrangements directly with the recipient.

https://www.interac.ca/en/consumers/...mers/#faq_2924

If they scam you, they'll try to ask you for a refund once they send you the transfer. Just don't send them back any money.
Not sure if this is true, read online the person sending the money can claim his account got hacked, and money was sent without his consent. Then bank could reverse the money back to the sender (aka scammer).
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 10:53 PM   #13144
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,284 Times in 533 Posts
Failed 28 Times in 12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
Not sure if this is true, read online the person sending the money can claim his account got hacked, and money was sent without his consent. Then bank could reverse the money back to the sender (aka scammer).
I was under the impression that once it's deposited in the other account it's gone forever.
SSM_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2022, 12:08 AM   #13145
Banned (ABWS)?

Quote:
yah, seriously, a lot of CL transactions are done at the spot with e-transfers. So that's the same thing ... guy can etransfer you but he can't reverse it.

In those transactions, sometimes it goes through fine and quick like minutes ... other times, you're sitting there for 10 awkward mins shooting the breeze until it comes through your text or email. I almost always settle on terms before meeting someone, like state cash only.
Yeah, I don't want to deal with that awkward moment while you're waiting for the money to process. Maybe I'm a bit old school, but I've always done cash deals for buy & sell, and assumed that was a given. No paper trail, and the transactions stay relatively anonymous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Ramon HG View Post
I mean if you're worried about etransfers, do you only ever take cash for in-person transactions?

The only time they get reversed is if he claims fraud with the bank.

What's the item and amount he transferred?
I have no problem with etransfers from friends or trusted sources. This is the first time dealing with an etransfer from a complete random stranger. I've been using CL for a long time and every deal I've done was cash.

lol, just selling some old tires that I was probably going to throw out anyway if I don't get a buyer eventually. Nothing special.

All is good... Tires are "sold" now.
Old 04-16-2022, 09:43 AM   #13146

Thanked 4,764 Times in 826 Posts
Failed 883 Times in 161 Posts
phone pic. I wasn't "wowed", but a trip to The Pint afterwards made it worthwhile.

Old 04-16-2022, 12:30 PM   #13147

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
Failed 178 Times in 73 Posts
^No good? I went to cirque a few years ago and i was wowed. BUt ever since then it has gone downhill for me. The last 3 shows have been lackluster to say the least.
RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-16-2022, 12:55 PM   #13148
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,870 Times in 5,920 Posts
Failed 2,053 Times in 684 Posts
The travelling shows have become less and less about the acrobatics and more about telling a story etc.

I went to Their ama luna like 7 years ago downtown and it was amazing, been to 2 others since and they weren’t anywhere close
Old 04-16-2022, 02:46 PM   #13149
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,387 Times in 3,913 Posts
Failed 1,390 Times in 625 Posts
Went to one a few years ago, can't remember what they called it, was amazed

Took my mom to this latest one, I wasnt as in awe, but my mom loved it

vip isn't worth it btw in case you're wondering, food was meh, but you do get free parking and a unique umbrella (as usual)
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-16-2022, 03:41 PM   #13150
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,326 Times in 1,459 Posts
Failed 238 Times in 63 Posts
Going down to Bellingham area for the next two days since my mom has a free stay at Silver Reef with two beds.

Anyone have suggestions on what to do in the area? Probably going to the Seattle outlet and Bellis Fair. Might skip actual Seattle since I've been there a ton of times already.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote