REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-16-2022, 06:02 PM   #13151
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,532 Times in 4,916 Posts
Check out Lynden, Wa. Just to say you've been there. Downtown (business area) Bellingham and the waterfront. There's more to Bellingham than Bellis Fair and Trader Joe's, lol. Yeah I got the free night stay thing from Silver Reef. Every week in April. $15.00 free play a week, plus $5.00 on Seniors Day. $5.00 food voucher and 5 X points. Free birthday Buffet. I haven't been in a while, but I remember it being pretty decent............ for free.
Advertisement
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.

Last edited by MG1; 04-16-2022 at 06:08 PM.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2022, 06:13 PM   #13152
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,197 Times in 2,009 Posts
Highly recommend a stroll in the old part of Bellingham, Fair Haven. There is a boardwalk starting at the posh hotel. Don't waste your time at Bellis Fair. Lots of empty shops even before Covid. If you've been to Metro Town, it's 100x better.
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-17-2022, 04:51 PM   #13153
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,271 Times in 525 Posts
Costco has a sale for 20% off tires, expires today. Is that a good sale? Or is the ones later in the year where all tires companies have a sale at the same time better?
SSM_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 05:03 PM   #13154
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,639 Times in 7,307 Posts
That’s a massive sale. Get on it. Rebates are at most $150 which is plenty less unless the tires are like linglong or triangle.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-17-2022, 06:03 PM   #13155
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 4,760 Times in 824 Posts
I've got 3 linglongs and a triangle on my 2000 Caravan.
Old 04-17-2022, 06:28 PM   #13156
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,271 Times in 525 Posts
It's the brand name tires right now. Michelin, pirelli, and Bridgestone. I forgot what the usual sale was? Not like buy 3 get one free? I vaguely remember it's like $100-200 in Costco gift card.
SSM_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 06:53 PM   #13157
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,639 Times in 7,307 Posts
I’ve never seen the buy 3 get one free on any of the top end tires, so not sure what it includes.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 07:13 PM   #13158
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,532 Times in 4,916 Posts
If you're strapped for money and need tires in a pinch, the Canadian Tire's Tire Sale (twice a year) is a good deal. 24 months, no interest, equal payment plan. They carry most major brand tires and offer good warranty (nation wide). If you have a Triangle Mastercard, you get quite a bit of loyalty points (Digital Canadian Tire Money). If manufacturers have rebates, they honour that, as well. Everything is stackable.

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/trian...res-event.html

Looks like the event just ended, but............. they sometimes honour prices one week after the sale. Not 100% sure.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 07:40 PM   #13159
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,676 Times in 5,814 Posts
I actually hopped on the Costco sale just now

I went to take of my winters and swap the summers back on and one of the tires had a huge gash in the inner sidewall, not like it had been opened up but more like it rotted out. On closer inspection the tires were about 12 years old… lucky I found that before we hopped on a road trip to oenticton etc.

I just ordered the Bridgestone Turanza QuietTrack for their replacement:

https://m.tirerack.com/survey/Survey...nza+QuietTrack

Came to $1000 even with TPMS and installation, saved $200 with that deal, perfect timing!
Old 04-20-2022, 07:10 AM   #13160

Any good experience or recommendation with double sided automotive tape? 3M ... Gorilla? Any other industrial strength insider brand?
Old 04-20-2022, 07:15 AM   #13161
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,447 Times in 2,497 Posts
For mounting stuff like body kits and badges it's usually the dark grey 3m stuff that's used and works well in my experience.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-20-2022, 07:31 AM   #13162

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
If you're strapped for money and need tires in a pinch, the Canadian Tire's Tire Sale (twice a year) is a good deal. 24 months, no interest, equal payment plan. They carry most major brand tires and offer good warranty (nation wide). If you have a Triangle Mastercard, you get quite a bit of loyalty points (Digital Canadian Tire Money). If manufacturers have rebates, they honour that, as well. Everything is stackable.

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/trian...res-event.html

Looks like the event just ended, but............. they sometimes honour prices one week after the sale. Not 100% sure.
Usually its a week, sometimes longer depending on the manager. CT does carry some good tires, the other week they had some pretty good sales on them
RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 07:33 AM   #13163

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
Any good experience or recommendation with double sided automotive tape? 3M ... Gorilla? Any other industrial strength insider brand?
The 3M tape is probably the better brand out there. Its what i use at work. But if ur trying to mount something heavy or on a surface that generally tape doesnt stick to, a adhesion promoter is recommended
This post thanked by:
Old 04-20-2022, 11:53 AM   #13164
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 6,472 Times in 2,604 Posts
Any recommendations on rust paint? I was gonna go with POR-15 to cover up the surface rust on the rear drums of my DD, but I'm having sticker shock after I saw its price. Crappy Tire seems to carry these other rust paint -- Tremclad and Armor Coat -- that are easily 4x - 5x cheaper for the same volume of paint. It's $90 vs $23 and $17, so it isn't a small sum.
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 03:48 PM   #13165
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 9,145 Times in 3,979 Posts
I'm taking suggestions on the order of operations when painting wheels when installing new tires as well. Paint and then put the tires on? Put the tires on and then paint? Put the tires on but don't seat them, then paint?
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 04:33 PM   #13166
in the butt

Thanked 3,471 Times in 1,266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
Any recommendations on rust paint? I was gonna go with POR-15 to cover up the surface rust on the rear drums of my DD, but I'm having sticker shock after I saw its price. Crappy Tire seems to carry these other rust paint -- Tremclad and Armor Coat -- that are easily 4x - 5x cheaper for the same volume of paint. It's $90 vs $23 and $17, so it isn't a small sum.
Cheap car > cheap paint
Then again, not sure if fancy paint is any better, and I've painted alot of parts on dozens of cars

What I will recommend although, is painting properly, depending how long you want it to last.
Primer > paint > clear. Some come primer + paint.
I'm not sure if drums get hot when the brake, if they do, I would get high temp paint.
Furthermore, you will want to at minimum, sand down the surface and clean it best you can. Anything that's not sanded / cleaned, will start peeling off within a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
I'm taking suggestions on the order of operations when painting wheels when installing new tires as well. Paint and then put the tires on? Put the tires on and then paint? Put the tires on but don't seat them, then paint?
I've done raw rims and tires mounted, on cheaper cars of sub 20k
If you paint them properly, the tire shop will probably not mess them up. Sanding and cleaning, again, is the most important part, anything not sanded, WILL peel off. Furthermore I try and paint above 20C, including paint and rim temperature.
If you do a poor paint job, good odds the staff + mounting machine will chip the entire edge, if not more.
Painting post mounting is possible, I use a pack of playing cards or cardboard as I spray the rim. I do not suggest this method when it's windy. Furthermore you have high odds of paint over spray hitting the car. Not that it will stick permanently, just to keep that in mind

I guess the answer comes down to this
Proper paint job & curing = before mounting is ok
Half ass paint job = before not suggested

You can also call the tire shop, and ask for their process, they can let you know how the machine "grips" the edge or such

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

donk. is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-20-2022, 04:39 PM   #13167

Quote:
Paint ur wheels first. Its pretty difficult masking off the tires when the tires are already on. Ur rims need at the minimum 2 days to dry before tires to be installed. Tire shops wont install it unless it has time to properly dry. The more time it dries, the least likely itll be scratched
Old 04-20-2022, 05:45 PM   #13168

I'm going to be mounting the tires myself so probably best to paint them after. I'm trying to do a nice job but I suck with paint so it'll end up being a half ass job lol.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Quote:
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Old 04-20-2022, 07:28 PM   #13169

Thanked 7,506 Times in 3,525 Posts
This shits wild. Wait till the end to get free software. Just got to record the audio.

Old 04-21-2022, 03:11 AM   #13170
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 4,043 Times in 1,722 Posts
Quote:
I'm going to be mounting the tires myself so probably best to paint them after. I'm trying to do a nice job but I suck with paint so it'll end up being a half ass job lol.
Paint them after the tires are installed. Masking off the tire is not that hard, but just time consuming. You'll probably have to mask the entire tire (use a decent amount of masking tape and paper), because you also have to paint the barrel from the back side. Just make sure you prep the wheels well and use primer.

I rattle can spray painted my wheels before and they've held up well, it's been over 7 years. They do get chipped here and there from debris, but I've also added touchup coats before, lol.

I assume you're painting with the wheels off the car. Otherwise overspray will spread everywhere on to your car. But you'll also be at a much better position to hit every angle for full coverage with the wheels off.

2 days to dry, but realistically, maybe up to a week, especially with current temps. The surface layer dries relatively quick to handle, but curing and full adhesion takes a lot longer. Do the sniff test. If the paint still smells, it's probably not ready yet.

As for any future tire work, I suggest going to shops that only use touchless tire machines.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-21-2022, 10:40 AM   #13171
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,466 Times in 5,494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
This shits wild. Wait till the end to get free software. Just got to record the audio.
"It's time to enter my personal password"

* Reaches over to the keyboard and clearly types in '1234' *

hahahahaha
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-21-2022, 11:31 AM   #13172
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,597 Times in 4,323 Posts
Quote:
Mount and balance, then break the bead.

Take 2 pieces of cardboard, overlap them a few inches, then cut a circle 1" smaller than the OD of the rim. Fit the cardboard in the bead and paint.

Another option is take a 24"x24" (or larger) piece of plastic cut a circle, 2" smaller than the rim OD, fit it into the bead and tape the sides down.

Edit: paint at CT is a fucking rip-off. Way cheaper at lordco with an account. Also, if you're going to clear coat, nothing beats 2K Clear

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-21-2022, 01:50 PM   #13173

Sorry when I said mount them myself I mean I'm doing it in my garage with tire spoons and balance beads lol. I won't put the valve stems in until after paint, it seems like it would be a pain to try and spray in there with the stems in. I really like the cardboard or plastic sheet ideas, that'd be way easier than a million playing cards.

Finding paint has been a hassle since I'm trying to order online since I don't have the time to go into a store. I've been trying to find something like acid green but no dice. I might just have to settle for white.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-21-2022, 05:02 PM   #13174

Barge stuck underneath Knight Street bridge ...

Richmond wants their own barge tourist spot

Old 04-21-2022, 05:18 PM   #13175
in the butt

Thanked 3,471 Times in 1,266 Posts
Incoming toilet paper shortages due to panic buying from evergiven ptsd

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

donk. is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: