REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-29-2022, 11:51 AM   #13201
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,945 Times in 1,818 Posts
Failed 184 Times in 99 Posts
Yup, any paint over that rust is just going to flake off in short order.
Advertisement
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-30-2022, 11:22 AM   #13202
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,345 Times in 589 Posts
Failed 149 Times in 56 Posts
I have Telus home services for my parents home, then added home services of my new home. I have Telus mobility with them; however, the contract expired and cost went up $10. Told them I wanted to pay the same before, kept arguing with these idiots and they wouldn't budge a dime. Even went to escalation department loyalty, stupid lady useless fuck rather watch me leave to another competitor. Fiancee corporate plan is the same as what I was paying, so made no sense for me to stay with Telus if they didn't give me what I was paying initially. I preferred to stay with Telus because to keep all the billing with home & mobility together, as it helps with bargaining leverage with renewing home services.

At this point, no reason for me to stay with Telus mobility. Greedy fucks, kept saying what they offer now is the best, already better than all the other carriers. 10GB for $67 tax in is their current offer. I was initially paying $57 tax in for 10GB.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-30-2022, 11:52 AM   #13203
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 9,234 Times in 4,019 Posts
Failed 427 Times in 225 Posts
Idk what you're paying for your home service, but Shaw mobile is $25/mo for 25GB if you have their internet
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-30-2022, 04:21 PM   #13204
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,326 Times in 1,459 Posts
Failed 238 Times in 63 Posts
EDIT: Posting in gardening thread
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 12:07 PM   #13205
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 4,048 Times in 1,726 Posts
Failed 434 Times in 211 Posts

Maybe a longshot, but are any of you metal experts able to identify what type of metal this is just by this image? Or impossible to tell?

It's kind of a light brass colour, but has a red and green tint on it depending on the angle. Maybe it's anodized or something.

It's a defouler for my downpipe and I heard certain types of metals can have a bad reaction if they are not closely related.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 02:00 PM   #13206
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Failed 405 Times in 91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post

Maybe a longshot, but are any of you metal experts able to identify what type of metal this is just by this image? Or impossible to tell?

It's kind of a light brass colour, but has a red and green tint on it depending on the angle. Maybe it's anodized or something.

It's a defouler for my downpipe and I heard certain types of metals can have a bad reaction if they are not closely related.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07...qh_dp_hza?th=1
high quality iron

These are needed when using a HHO System or a test pipe. They are also used to lean out your vehicle for better gas milage.

Universal fitment for most vehicles with the M18*1.5 O2 sensor hole.

Threads made with dedicated tool, perfect accuracy and repeatability.

Easy installation, direct bolt-on, no modification needed.

Made of high quality iron, high strength and durability.
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-05-2022, 05:05 PM   #13207
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Failed 86 Times in 38 Posts
https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca...mbia/vancouver

Is this real... rain for next 14 days.. in May?
Fk this weather
ImportPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-05-2022, 07:17 PM   #13208
in the butt

Thanked 3,516 Times in 1,281 Posts
Failed 168 Times in 91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportPsycho View Post

Fk this weather
Don't know if it's just me, but this winter seems to be dragging on, rain and cold'er weather wise longer than most years

Took a look at work holiday visas for shits a few days ago, New Zealand just opened it's borders recently, applied for a visa the same day, approved within 24hrs

Dec 2022 / Jan Feb 2023 here we go
25-35C weather baby!

Then I went to work, asked my boss how much notice he needs (we are on great work/holiday terms), and the first words out of his mouth were "fuuuuuuuuuckkk yooooouuuuu" to which I just started laughing profusely

Anyone that dislikes our winters as much as I do, and has the opportunity to go on a work holiday, would recommend 11/10.

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by mikemhg
Clothes come off and my car is permeated with the smell of fillet-o-fish and canned tuna.

donk. is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-05-2022, 07:21 PM   #13209
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,790 Times in 5,874 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
Going to Europe for 4 months in sept, had to argue a bit for that one
Old 05-05-2022, 08:52 PM   #13210
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,551 Times in 4,927 Posts
Failed 316 Times in 202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportPsycho View Post

Fk this weather
Forecast.

More often than not, those, "forecasts," are just that. Tomorrow, for example, was supposed to be wet. Now the "Forecast" says sunny for a good part of the day. Just checked it again, right now............ dry from 6:00 am Friday to Saturday afternoon (3:00 pm).

Our part of the world is the most unpredictable. My buddy who was a meteorologist, said it's basically a crap shoot to predict more than 12 hours ahead. Jet streams crossing each other, ocean temps, etc......

This weather brings us so much natural beauty. Cannot complain about the mild climate and beautiful flora. Lot more shit to complain about like, like, like, gas prices, and turds, and house prices, and racism, and.............. complaints r us. EDIT: the canucks, gulolol.

I'm just glad to be alive and not worried about being bombed and/or shot at.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-05-2022, 11:23 PM   #13211
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,856 Times in 5,626 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Going to Europe for 4 months in sept, had to argue a bit for that one
Damn... that's a hell of a trip, what countries you gonna hit up? 4 months is crazy... I went for 6 weeks once and was DONE at the end of 6 weeks. Was moving around somewhere new every couple days though.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 07:45 AM   #13212

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Damn... that's a hell of a trip, what countries you gonna hit up? 4 months is crazy... I went for 6 weeks once and was DONE at the end of 6 weeks. Was moving around somewhere new every couple days though.
Yea it’s a bit of a #yolo trip tbh. Know enough people who fell into the typical retire, get sick and die trap that we had been planning this trip for a bit but Covid kind of expedited it.

Starting off going to Oktoberfest then we have a wedding in Dublin, then after that it’s kind of more southern Bavaria, France, Croatia, Portugal.

We’ve travelled Europe pretty extensively already so we are going to *try* and stay some places for a week or more and just relax but I get antsy easy and may want to keep moving or until the money runs out lol
Old 05-06-2022, 10:06 AM   #13213

Thanked 5,160 Times in 1,954 Posts
Failed 265 Times in 101 Posts
Quote:
That was your problem right there. If you're moving every few days it's fucking exhausting, packing and unpacking, boarding the next plane or train, checking into the next hotel.

If he keeps a home base or at least stays at each spot a few weeks or so at a time, it's a MUCH easier experience.

I've done a few trips abroad for a month and you're moving around every few days, never again.

Not only that you end up saving money, lots of rentals prefer weekly or monthly bookings, you can save some serious coin if you just chill at a spot, move around less.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-06-2022, 10:06 AM   #13214
Performance Moderator

Sweet, I've done the continental circle of Europe 3 times now with some small variations (the Netherlands > Germany > Poland > Czech > Switzerland > France > Spain > Belgium > Netherlands loop)... but I haven't been to Croatia or Portugal and some of the other outlier places... I also get antsy really easily and want to keep moving... I don't do well on Mexico vacays and I've never been on a cruise because of that very reason lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
That was your problem right there. If you're moving every few days it's fucking exhausting, packing and unpacking, boarding the next plane or train, checking into the next hotel.

If he keeps a home base or at least stays at each spot a few weeks or so at a time, it's a MUCH easier experience.

I've done a few trips abroad for a month and you're moving around every few days, never again.
I dunno what it is, I stay anywhere and I just right away go into "What's next?" mode... I have a really hard time being in the same spot... maybe ADHD or something lol
Old 05-06-2022, 10:14 AM   #13215

Thanked 5,160 Times in 1,954 Posts
Failed 265 Times in 101 Posts
Quote:
Sweet, I've done the continental circle of Europe 3 times now with some small variations (the Netherlands > Germany > Poland > Czech > Switzerland > France > Spain > Belgium > Netherlands loop)... but I haven't been to Croatia or Portugal and some of the other outlier places... I also get antsy really easily and want to keep moving... I don't do well on Mexico vacays and I've never been on a cruise because of that very reason lol

I dunno what it is, I stay anywhere and I just right away go into "What's next?" mode... I have a really hard time being in the same spot... maybe ADHD or something lol
Even if you rent a car and bomb around doing day trips all about?

Even Mexico trips you can cover quite a lot of ground if you're driving about to different spots, while staying in a home base somewhere.

I get you though, have a few friends like that as well.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 10:21 AM   #13216
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,849 Times in 1,842 Posts
Failed 970 Times in 279 Posts
Quote:
Hi, are you me? Are you my alt-account?
Old 05-06-2022, 10:25 AM   #13217
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,674 Times in 1,343 Posts
Failed 140 Times in 79 Posts
11 years ago I did a year abroad going thru China-->SE Asia-->Middle East-->Australia and ended WHV in Sydney for 4 months. Other than Sydney I don't think we stayed in a place more than 5 days in a row. It was amazing but I clearly remember days when it was a complete slog and felt depressed and frustrated as hell. Luckily for me the "depression" would be cured by moving to a new country! We saw 16+ countries and so much shit it's mind-boggling to think back on it. I actually got more depressed when we settled down in Sydney and cut it short to go back to more travelling.

Ever since travel was nixed due to COVID a week doesn't go by when I don't look fondly on our trip, but then I think about it more and damn it was hell on my body and my relationship. I was in my twenties then so I don't think my body can take it if I had to do it all over again.

I've gone to Europe probably 8 times (9th in 2 weeks!) but at most the trips were up to 3 weeks. I think I do it that way to avoid sticker shock and the similarity of cultures would be draining on me. Still haven't had a bad trip though.

So guess what I'm trying to say is different strokes, there's no real right way to travel.

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)

Last edited by CivicBlues; 05-06-2022 at 10:36 AM.
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-06-2022, 10:30 AM   #13218
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,194 Times in 1,246 Posts
Failed 136 Times in 64 Posts
Quote:
I don't do well on Mexico vacays and I've never been on a cruise because of that very reason lol

That's one of the advantages of going on a cruise - each morning you wake up in a new city/country, especially if you're doing a Mediterranean cruise! And no need to pack/unpack at each stop and hop onto a plane/train/car for the next destination.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-06-2022, 10:34 AM   #13219
Performance Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOS'd View Post
Hi, are you me? Are you my alt-account?
Maybe? I think we've both been sexually harassed by bcrdukes at one time or another. Has he ever made you massage shinetsu grease into rubber while he watched before?
Old 05-06-2022, 11:11 AM   #13220
linguistic ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Yea it’s a bit of a #yolo trip tbh. Know enough people who fell into the typical retire, get sick and die trap that we had been planning this trip for a bit but Covid kind of expedited it.

Starting off going to Oktoberfest then we have a wedding in Dublin, then after that it’s kind of more southern Bavaria, France, Croatia, Portugal.

We’ve travelled Europe pretty extensively already so we are going to *try* and stay some places for a week or more and just relax but I get antsy easy and may want to keep moving or until the money runs out lol
This sounds like an awesome trip Honda, but are you aware of the 90-day Schengen rule?

Old 05-06-2022, 11:48 AM   #13221
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,551 Times in 4,927 Posts
Failed 316 Times in 202 Posts
Not a fan of T&T, but they're opening a store in Coquitlam. On Woolridge.

https://www.tricitynews.com/local-ne...uitlam-5126650
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-06-2022, 12:13 PM   #13222

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicBlues View Post
This sounds like an awesome trip Honda, but are you aware of the 90-day Schengen rule?
Yea, so avoiding that through the time in Croatia etc. going to go to Montenegro, Bosnia etc. and spend 3 weeks or so in the area to “build” time outside of the Schengen zone

In the end we probably won’t be spending too much longer than 90 days but yea, there are some horror stories about overstaying and the penalties
Old 05-06-2022, 12:14 PM   #13223
in the butt

Thanked 3,516 Times in 1,281 Posts
Failed 168 Times in 91 Posts
Quote:

Have you figured out what you actually want to do while on vacation?
I think there's a stereotype of sitting on a beach, viewing all the local attractions, parks, etc. People get sucked into that, and don't realize what they actually want to do with their week/2 off, etc

I ask because I use to be like you, "I want to see all these countries and things" so I would jump towns/countries every x days, etc
Then I figured out, that it's all the same shit, another city, another town, another attraction

All that I really want to do, is go surfing. Everything else is just a bonus. Now I'm alot more "relaxed" on vacation

As for what mikemhg said, with the packing / unpacking thing:
Depending if your male or female lol, take ONE backpack with you, and that's it.
No suitcase. I did this a few years ago, and im never going back to suitcase travel. A well planned 15lb backpack is all you need

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by mikemhg
Clothes come off and my car is permeated with the smell of fillet-o-fish and canned tuna.

donk. is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-06-2022, 12:22 PM   #13224

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post

Not only that you end up saving money, lots of rentals prefer weekly or monthly bookings, you can save some serious coin if you just chill at a spot, move around less.
5 days in some Airbnb in Portugal are like $500-600 if you stay for a month it’s $1200. Pretty sweet

Travelling the entire time with one 60L bag, that’s it. I hate having two bags. Unfortunately 60L isn’t quite carry on size but I’ll manage

Last edited by Hondaracer; 05-06-2022 at 12:46 PM.
Hondaracer is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-06-2022, 01:07 PM   #13225
linguistic ninja

Damn your wife doesn't care about your dirty undies stank'n up her clean clothes?

But yeah, getting fined for having too long of a European vacation is the very definition of a First World Problem

This post thanked by: