REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-05-2022, 03:25 PM   #14726
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 10,143 Times in 3,631 Posts
Failed 469 Times in 234 Posts
What . the. holy. mother. of GOD IS THIS!?!?!?!?

ME WANTY NOW!!!!!!! fuck that bear brick shit, i want this!

https://us.robosen.com/products/robo...-optimus-prime

i gotta change my pants now
Advertisement
Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-05-2022, 03:43 PM   #14727
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,198 Times in 1,248 Posts
Failed 136 Times in 64 Posts
Optimus prime is CDN $1100 but sold out on the Canadian site. The trailer is another $950…
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2022, 03:44 PM   #14728
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,642 Times in 1,144 Posts
Failed 56 Times in 22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
What . the. holy. mother. of GOD IS THIS!?!?!?!?

ME WANTY NOW!!!!!!! fuck that bear brick shit, i want this!

https://us.robosen.com/products/robo...-optimus-prime

i gotta change my pants now
That's incredible.
Old 11-05-2022, 05:14 PM   #14729

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
Optimus prime is CDN $1100 but sold out on the Canadian site. The trailer is another $950…
2k... lets see, gucci gator loafers, or this set.

loafers.... optimus... loafers... optimus...

This post thanked by:
Old 11-06-2022, 03:37 AM   #14730
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,387 Times in 3,913 Posts
Failed 1,390 Times in 625 Posts
I bought the optimum when it was first out for preorder a couple years ago, never bothered with the trailer tho
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 03:39 AM   #14731
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,387 Times in 3,913 Posts
Failed 1,390 Times in 625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb View Post
Went on a date with a girl from West Van a yr ago. One of her deal breakers was that i wasn't a Steve Jobs fan and was obviously poor because my texts to her iphone were green

She was pretty pro China but my poverty spec Xiaomi was no good
That's actually a thing especially in the states or more in particular in Cali, girls think ur a bum if ya use android
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 07:33 AM   #14732
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,282 Times in 2,054 Posts
Failed 295 Times in 139 Posts
Twitter massive layoffs after Musk takes over. Now Jack Dorsey apologizes to his workers.
https://www.cnn.com/videos/business/...n-musk-vpx.cnn

Well, what did you think would happen when you pushed for and threatened to take him to court to close the deal? If you really cared for your employees, you should have done everything to protect your company from Musk.
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-06-2022, 08:05 AM   #14733
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,192 Times in 8,388 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
They tried to prevent it, but if someone really wants to buy a public company and take it private, they can do it if they overpay enough. Going to be tough do a poison pill instead of taking billions of free money, and only an idiot like Musk would actually go through with it.

Elon Musk is a human train wreck and it's been hilarious to watch him self destruct over the past few weeks. The amount of people dunking on him, and the quality of the dunks, I don't think we've seen since trump.

Sucks for the people who got fired, all because someone wants to win arguments on the internet. He's basically the new Tiger King.. Total embarrassment, but you can't help but watch.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-06-2022, 08:22 AM   #14734
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,899 Times in 7,391 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
Meanwhile these fucking wieners are still coming to his aid like he’s going to personally make them rich like him.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-06-2022, 12:01 PM   #14735
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,186 Times in 1,970 Posts
Failed 265 Times in 101 Posts
And TSLA stock continues to drop.

Shareholders are getting choked, his shenanigans are affecting the main bread and butter here.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 12:21 PM   #14736

I’m pretty conflicted about musk. I mean on one hand he’s trying to do some truly innovative shit for the betterment of human kind (spaceX, solar energy, internet in remote places, popularization of EVs, etc)

But on the other hand he’s just a fucking troll with zero social skills and is completely out of touch with reality. I think his ego has overridden his previous good intentions and with great wealth comes great assholery.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-06-2022, 12:43 PM   #14737
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,565 Times in 4,934 Posts
Failed 316 Times in 202 Posts
^Great timing............... yeah, story time.

I ran into an old buddy from High School. We were the best of friends. We pulled some pretty good pranks and made many a teachers cry and want to quit.

Anyway, he used to confide in me a lot and I guess he wanted my ear again. He invited me over to his place. Jesus murphy, the guy is very successful. Cars, multiple homes here and abroad. He's basically set for life. Been married a few times. No kids. Lots of, "travelled around the world," friends. After showing me his stuff and watching me not being impressed. He asked why? I was going to say, "I'm on Revscene, man." But, did not want him to be pulled to the dark side, gulolol.

Anyway, he told me that even though he had everything and is obviously successful, he felt so empty. "What else is there?," he said. I guess he never found true love or something to strive for. He was always a pretty selfish guy. Never really struggled in life. I told him the usual, "volunteer." Give of yourself. Not sure if I want to start being a friend again. Too much baggage................ He never had time for me after high school, so why now? Then again................. hmmmmmmm........

/story time.

As for Musk. Dude was an awkward kid that everybody avoided. Probably made fun of and picked on in school. Now that he has success, his assholiness has gone into full on asshole mode. One day, the tower will come crashing down and humble pie will have to be eaten. In any case, who cares? I've avoided purchasing a Tesla because of him. He needs to step back and do what he does best. Invent stuff. He has a lot to offer this world, no doubt about it. He's been stroking his ego a little too much.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.

Last edited by MG1; 11-06-2022 at 01:07 PM.
MG1 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-06-2022, 01:32 PM   #14738
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,829 Times in 5,897 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
Everyone gets their panties in a bunch over Musk when in reality the billionaires you’ve never heard of and never will are infinitely worse and have much more impact on global events. They just aren’t anyone you can put a face to
Old 11-06-2022, 01:53 PM   #14739
MG1

Billionaires have always flown under the radar. They have to, to keep on keeping on. They have their circle of "friends," and stay away from the limelight at all cost. Why would you jeopardize what you have? I have nothing against wealthy people. They did something right. I have a problem with filthy rich people not contributing or giving back to society. We all end up 6 feet under, so whatever floats your yacht...............

Old 11-06-2022, 02:29 PM   #14740

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Everyone gets their panties in a bunch over Musk when in reality the billionaires you’ve never heard of and never will are infinitely worse and have much more impact on global events. They just aren’t anyone you can put a face to
He's the one putting himself out there though... He thinks he's this clever guy because he has 4channers cheering him on (even made sure the buying price had 420 in it hahaha). Then he gets exposed when he goes after someone like AOC

I've been lamenting about how TV and movies have been really sucking lately, but this guy keeps me entertained. What an ass
This post thanked by:
Old 11-06-2022, 03:31 PM   #14741

Thanked 7,575 Times in 2,536 Posts
Failed 434 Times in 126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Elon Musk is a human train wreck and it's been hilarious to watch him self destruct over the past few weeks. The amount of people dunking on him, and the quality of the dunks, I don't think we've seen since trump.
lol the latest dunk was the old actress Valeri Bertinelli changed her display name to Elon Musk and started to retweet democrat supporting tweets and content in her timeline coz it just shows the name and verified check mark. Which is brilliant itself.

The real Elon finds out about this and makes up a new policy on the fly that anybody doing impersonations needs to explicitly state its parody in the tweet.

2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-06-2022, 03:48 PM   #14742

An absolute clown

If he was born in the US I would bet anything that he'd run for president
Old 11-06-2022, 04:09 PM   #14743
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,567 Times in 3,554 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
Just sit back and watch twitter fail. It's going to become the new myspace. Musk is not cool and twitter is not cool. Kids are not begging there parents to get an account on twitter. His $8 plan is a joke and it gets worse every time he talks about it.

Old 11-06-2022, 05:04 PM   #14744

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
^Great timing............... yeah, story time.

I ran into an old buddy from High School. We were the best of friends. We pulled some pretty good pranks and made many a teachers cry and want to quit.

Anyway, he used to confide in me a lot and I guess he wanted my ear again. He invited me over to his place. Jesus murphy, the guy is very successful. Cars, multiple homes here and abroad. He's basically set for life. Been married a few times. No kids. Lots of, "travelled around the world," friends. After showing me his stuff and watching me not being impressed. He asked why? I was going to say, "I'm on Revscene, man." But, did not want him to be pulled to the dark side, gulolol.

Anyway, he told me that even though he had everything and is obviously successful, he felt so empty. "What else is there?," he said. I guess he never found true love or something to strive for. He was always a pretty selfish guy. Never really struggled in life. I told him the usual, "volunteer." Give of yourself. Not sure if I want to start being a friend again. Too much baggage................ He never had time for me after high school, so why now? Then again................. hmmmmmmm........

/story time.

As for Musk. Dude was an awkward kid that everybody avoided. Probably made fun of and picked on in school. Now that he has success, his assholiness has gone into full on asshole mode. One day, the tower will come crashing down and humble pie will have to be eaten. In any case, who cares? I've avoided purchasing a Tesla because of him. He needs to step back and do what he does best. Invent stuff. He has a lot to offer this world, no doubt about it. He's been stroking his ego a little too much.
I kind of identify with your buddy. I think my life is kinda empty and hollow even though I’m financially independent. The wife and I splurge on material shit that we really don’t need, but it doesn’t fill the void. I’m getting this nagging suspicion this void is suppose to be filled with children but we ultimately didn’t wanna go down that route as I’m afraid I’ll be a bad parent. So here I am, almost 40 and feeling empty inside.. too selfish to do any volunteering shit like what you suggested but also not satisfied with myself or life in general.

Oh well… on to next “project” and that’s taking up sailing this coming summer. I was suppose to start training in 2020 but then stupid covid hit and ruined my sailing dreams. Goal is to eventually quit my job, and go sailing around the world doing this “crusing” lifestyle. Although i think it might just be a passing fancy, it’s at least something I want to focus my energies on temporarily.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-06-2022, 05:36 PM   #14745
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,282 Times in 2,054 Posts
Failed 295 Times in 139 Posts
Now we are getting philosophical ... but I think it's good for the individual to be part of something bigger than himself/herself. I mean if Bill Gates (one of the richest man in the world) is into philanthropy, good causes, clean water, education, etc., I wonder if there is something to it. Find something you can get on board with ... youth and education, indigenous issues, music for underprivileged kids, orphanages, Canucks Kids, environment, etc. ... I think you can take anything that you have an interest in and creatively use it to enrich the lives of others.

I remember that recently, some Supercar club organizer doing an event for underprivileged kids.
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-06-2022, 06:07 PM   #14746
MG1

An example of a billionaire, "getting it," is our local billionaire, Jimmy Pattison. He had humble beginnings. Became a businessman and built an empire. I love this guy, because he has never forgotten his past. He gives back. He headed Expo 86 where he worked as CEO for $1.00 a day, has given to hospitals, charities, etc. I'm sure if you dig deep enough, there's something he can be criticized for, but he has a heart of gold and treats people right. So he's a bit religious, but he never pushes it on others.

Anyway, when he passes, people will remember him. Friends, he had plenty of, and what's more important, he is respected by just about everybody. Even if he didn't have all that money and lost it all, he would still be respected.

When you give and help others whenever and wherever you can, the results are very rewarding. I know a lot of people don't "get it," but honestly giving to others without strings attached will fill all that void and darkness.

I wish Revscene had more givers than takers................. but like the rest of the world, people are too into themselves. Actually, more bystanders than anything. It's easy to just do nothing.

I might have mentioned this before, but I used to volunteer at fundraising events at schools. I found out that people with plenty of disposable income rarely give, while those who are not well off give the most. They have next to nothing, but they know what it's like to go hungry and not knowing if they'll make the next payments. Having money is a trap. We all need to feel comfortable and have what we've always wanted, but some people just have way more money than what they know what to do with.......... that didn't come out right. Need to stop this shit........... going to be accused of being "holier than thou."

god bless

Last edited by MG1; 11-06-2022 at 06:25 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-06-2022, 06:23 PM   #14747
in the butt

Thanked 3,530 Times in 1,286 Posts
Failed 168 Times in 91 Posts
Quote:
I told him the usual, "volunteer." Give of yourself. Not sure if I want to start being a friend again. Too much baggage................ He never had time for me after high school, so why now? Then again................. hmmmmmmm........

Fuck those people, they only want you in their life when they are bored

I had a close guy friend in highschool, funny enough we would go to ricescene meats, get a donut at tim hortons multiple times a week, work out, do burnouts (5500$ burnouts), the whole deal for years

Each time he got a GF, he would usually ghost by like 50% of the time

The last time he got a GF, I managed to see him ONCE, in an entire year. After that, I just removed him out of my life, it's sad, but that's just how some people are

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by mikemhg
Clothes come off and my car is permeated with the smell of fillet-o-fish and canned tuna.

donk. is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-06-2022, 06:28 PM   #14748
in the butt

Thanked 3,530 Times in 1,286 Posts
Failed 168 Times in 91 Posts
Quote:
I found out that people with plenty of disposable income rarely give, while those who are not well off give the most.
Deep pockets, short arms

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by mikemhg
Clothes come off and my car is permeated with the smell of fillet-o-fish and canned tuna.

donk. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 06:53 PM   #14749
MG1

Quote:
Originally Posted by donk. View Post
Fuck those people, they only want you in their life when they are bored
Yup, once an asshole, always an asshole, amiright?

Old 11-06-2022, 08:53 PM   #14750
rb
Network Admin Team

Thanked 1,535 Times in 536 Posts
Failed 4 Times in 8 Posts
Recently met a couple that did well with their property portfolio and donated a large sum to a local hospital. The hospital foundation had the balls to tack on a 10-15% administration charge on top of their donation. It wasn't until they had threatened to back out due to these charges that they waived it for them.

I think that's why ppl aren't as a giving as they once were. Its pennies on the dollar that actually makes it past the filtering process of an organization and the greedy little hands of those in charge of where the money goes
rb is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: