REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-23-2023, 10:52 AM   #15676
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,616 Times in 4,321 Posts
Failed 1,035 Times in 351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Ramon HG View Post
Anyone have recommendations on UV blocking window film? Mostly to protect some figures from direct/indirect sunlight.
https://www.uline.ca/BL_6576/Window-...4aArUZEALw_wcB
Advertisement
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 11:24 AM   #15677
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,927 Times in 2,565 Posts
Failed 101 Times in 63 Posts
speaking of rolls of tint, anyone know where to get a product like this?

it's a roll of micro-louvre screen (similar to a bug screen) but casts a shadow for solar shading. would love to make my own bug screens out of this for shading.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 12:25 PM   #15678
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,326 Times in 1,459 Posts
Failed 238 Times in 63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
Do you know anything that would still let in light, but block majority of UV light?

https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/p/d/b5005059011/

I found this 3M™ Sun Control Window Film, but I think it's probably balls to the walls expensive, lol.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 07:08 PM   #15679
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,284 Times in 533 Posts
Failed 28 Times in 12 Posts
Anyone familiar with the maintenance minder on mid 2000 Benz? Display is usually in kms, but I'm seeing "-60 d" owners manual doesn't explain how the maintenance minder works. Is calculated on distance initially and if enough time passes, it'll display something different?
SSM_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 01:15 PM   #15680
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Failed 2 Times in 2 Posts
Does it increase by day? I believe some makes count the days past service due
Old 02-24-2023, 02:52 PM   #15681

Doesn't get driven every day and not my daily. So not sure.
Old 02-24-2023, 02:58 PM   #15682
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,363 Times in 458 Posts
Failed 57 Times in 15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSM_DC5 View Post
Anyone familiar with the maintenance minder on mid 2000 Benz? Display is usually in kms, but I'm seeing "-60 d" owners manual doesn't explain how the maintenance minder works. Is calculated on distance initially and if enough time passes, it'll display something different?
First letter comes up by whichever is shorter [distance/mileage] for set interval (i.e. A/B).
Additional work (numbers) is calculated by time/mileage elapsed.

This isn't the GM/Honda/Acura dynamic maintenance minder that varies when you need your timing belt/oil changes by # of cold starts, how hard you drive it, etc.
You can just go by the manual on mid 2000s MBs

Past:
- '09 Ducati Monster 696 "Ketchup"
- '20 Dodge Charger R/T 5.7
- '20 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
- '04 Acura TL 6MT
- 🛴 Lime Scooter 🛴
- '16 Golf 1.8T
- '09 MB E63 AMG
- '06 Honda Accord V6[/SIZE]
AstulzerRZD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 07:06 PM   #15683

Either I'm blind or I've totally missed the letters. But previously, I've only ever seen a count down of mileage until the maintenance minder comes up. I never see service A, B, C, etc.
Old 02-25-2023, 02:57 PM   #15684
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,551 Times in 4,927 Posts
Failed 316 Times in 202 Posts
A big WTF moment.

My respect for the first nations people just dropped a few notches........... they say they want to protect the salmon and the environment. Then they do a complete 360.

It boils down to money more than what's good for the environment.

https://globalnews.ca/news/9497018/b...-salmon-farms/

DFO scientists gave bullshit reports that there was no evidence that fish farms posed a danger to wild stocks. These reports were so flawed that other scientists came together with their own report. The decision was to be made by the minister. The report given to the minister by the DFO scientists was revealed so close to the deadline, that something fishy was going on. Thankfully the minister made the decision based on all the other scientists' report. European communities banned open pen farm fishing ages ago. They knew how harmful the open pen farm fisheries were to the wild stocks. They acted quickly.

Money talks, I guess.

You have to go with science, but what if the science is influenced by political motives or worse yet, big business.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...lice-1.6724476

On top of that, the owners of the fish farms say, with food prices going up, we need to provide people with affordable food. At what cost? You fucking greedy ass bastatrds.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.

Last edited by MG1; 02-25-2023 at 03:21 PM.
MG1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 09:07 PM   #15685
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,862 Times in 7,378 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
FN people are just like the rest of us. Some are wonderful, and some are horrible, and most are somewhere in the middle. I saw that as well, and it was truly embarrassing. Someone chasing money at all costs and trying to pull the "this policy is racist" card, when so many of the FN people consulted support the decision to shut down the open pen farms. One person trying to speak for an entire group that they don't represent.
DFO as well has been proven to be horseshit time and time again. Time to blow it up and start over.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-26-2023, 12:21 AM   #15686
MG1

DFO is corrupt. Has always been. They love the power they have over everybody........ all three interest groups. FN, Commercial, and Sports. I guess the fourth player in all of this, farm fisheries.

The environmentalists mean nothing to the DFO until public/media gets involved. When I worked in the fishing industry, I knew a few test fishermen. They were independent fishermen who reported to the DFO. They went out and caught fish to see how many were out in the waters. There were times when there were plenty of fish in the waters. More than enough to meet the quota to open up designated areas. No rhyme or reason for what they did. Only explanation is someone had them in their back pockets. Either that or they're totally incompetent. FN fisheries had openings all the time. It was their right. I get it, but did they voluntarily limit their catch in the name of conservation?............... anyway. Fishing for food, my ass. You see them selling fish to everybody who would go out to their reserves. Touchy subject, so nobody addresses it. I used to buy fish from my friends who lived on the reserves. After I realized I was part of the problem, I stopped going. Also, their fishing vessels and equipment are not required to be inspected (at least this was the case a few years back).

I am so glad the present minister, Joyce Murray, stood up and did something about the horrible open pen fish farms.

Last edited by MG1; 02-26-2023 at 12:38 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-26-2023, 09:06 PM   #15687
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,837 Times in 1,218 Posts
Failed 616 Times in 193 Posts
Come on grandpa... I thought you'd have figured it out by now already.

Always follow the money. Do you think all those "activists" are really doing things because they truly believe that they are making a difference? Fuck that. It's all money, fame and power.

Do you think liberal/dems really give a damn about minorities? Do you think cons/reps really give a shit about gay/abortion/religion? nah.... they only do those things because that's what keep them in power.

We were looking to set up a charity/non-profit with my wife given her work in special education because we were just astounded by all the "admin fees" that many charities charge. And you know what my adviser told me? "You are probably the first person who came to me to start a non-profit that didn't start with the question, how does it help me to optimize my taxes?"

This is unfortunate. But it's something inevitable as I climb my way up the social ladders.
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-26-2023, 09:20 PM   #15688
MG1

Climbing social ladder is not my thing................ even to this day, I still have hope in humanity.

Climbig up the ladder stepping on others............. no thanks.

This post thanked by:
Old 02-26-2023, 09:42 PM   #15689
in the butt

Thanked 3,516 Times in 1,281 Posts
Failed 168 Times in 91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
And you know what my adviser told me? "You are probably the first person who came to me to start a non-profit that didn't start with the question, how does it help me to optimize my taxes?"
This further makes me question every charity I ever get offered to "donate" to

From that south park episode of starvin Marvin, to charities only having to "give" 10% of their income legally, to "organizations" never sharing their financials and avoiding providing basic information.

The only way to give back, is to do it yourself. Be it time or money, or both.

Everytime I'm at the grocery store, and it says "round up to xxx charity" in the back of my head, the first thing I think is "what billionaires taxes am I reducing in Monaco"

Independent studies of certain charities/organization have ruined me

/Rant

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by mikemhg
Clothes come off and my car is permeated with the smell of fillet-o-fish and canned tuna.

donk. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2023, 10:16 PM   #15690
MG1

Which is why I only donate to the Salvation Army. Even they have issues. Anyway, they're the lesser of all evil.

Old 02-27-2023, 11:05 AM   #15691
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 10,021 Times in 3,602 Posts
Failed 467 Times in 232 Posts
https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2023...cks-media.html

I didn’t even know this Scott Adams guy was a racist. I love dilbert (especially that short lived tv series) now it’s all gone

Racist is kinda stretching it though… I don’t think he’s racist. Just a very traditional conservative
Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2023, 01:20 PM   #15692
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,268 Times in 2,049 Posts
Failed 295 Times in 139 Posts
Does anyone else feel that you are constantly updating the apps on Apple IOS? I mean everyday there are like 3-5 updates. What is the problem here?
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2023, 02:06 PM   #15693
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,553 Times in 3,548 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2023...cks-media.html

I didn’t even know this Scott Adams guy was a racist. I love dilbert (especially . Just a very traditional conservative

So a racist.
Old 03-01-2023, 03:54 PM   #15694
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,166 Times in 8,367 Posts
Failed 1,530 Times in 678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
[/B]
So a racist.
Something I learned pretty early on was when someone said "my parents are traditional" it meant "my parents are racist"
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-01-2023, 06:25 PM   #15695
in the butt

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
Does anyone else feel that you are constantly updating the apps on Apple IOS? I mean everyday there are like 3-5 updates. What is the problem here?
Right to repair movement passed last year, certain states now have the power to make it legal should the vote pass.
Ei, if a business asks for the technical documents of an apple phone, they must provide them, or at least can't sue for aftermarket repairs.... Something along those lines.

Apple is fighting back with constant new updates, = constant new manuals.

Private business asks for new manual > apple says "oh sorry our new update just released!.... We need two weeks for the updated manuals > customer can't wait > goes to apple instead of a mom/pop shop. That's my theory at least.

Louis Rossman on YouTube repairs Apple computers and he was a huge part of the right to repair movement, he goes on endless rants about this kind of stuff

We are starting to see this kind of stuff in the HVAC industry.
Before all equipment was the same, kind of like a carbureted car, easy to fix, no electronics, "everyone" could do it.
Now lots of HVAC shit is 5 boards, 3 of them programmed, one only accessable by laptop software. Some units can only be repaired by OEM, or "trained" OEM staff. = Buy a new unit.

At least with an HVAC unit, there's 20 other competitors, and customers don't care what they have.

An apple iPhone tho...... People bend over backwards for the new 1500$ model that has 2 more megapixels and a built in photo filter app, would not be caught dead with a Samsung. And apple knows this, there is no "competition" for 50% of the market share.

Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Clothes come off and my car is permeated with the smell of fillet-o-fish and canned tuna.

This post thanked by:
Old 03-01-2023, 08:26 PM   #15696
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,945 Times in 1,818 Posts
Failed 184 Times in 99 Posts
Lol, sure with a carbureted car "everyone could do it".

The problem was, pretty much everyone had to because a carbureted car would go out of tune if you looked at it wrong and you were fixing it every other month. Fuck even I'm done with carbs, my new motor is getting fuel injection, without question.

On the hvac side, old electro-mechanical on/off clicky bi-metallic controls can't really do things like inverter compressors and ECM fans very well these days.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2023, 08:49 PM   #15697
in the butt

But any plumber can repair the electro mechanical stuff. As for diagnosing a dead triac........

Old 03-01-2023, 09:08 PM   #15698
MG1

OMFG.......... I can't stop laughing......

"Hey Siri, tell me a joke....."
"Hey Siri, make me laugh."

So many dad jokes, lol. I ask Siri at least a dozen times a day. Never a repeat.

I wAnder who comes up with all this stuff. If I miss a joke or don't get it, I can ask for it to be repeated.

There's joke thread somewhere in the annals of RS. Laughter has healing properties.

Anyway................

Old 03-02-2023, 07:56 PM   #15699
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 10,021 Times in 3,602 Posts
Failed 467 Times in 232 Posts
https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/nor...nada-1.6766073

So Nordstrom Canada is shutting down and my wife and all her posh/skanky/rich ass girlfriends are crying. Apparently now the girls are scoping out if they have any more deals before they finally close up shop.
Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 08:14 PM   #15700
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,790 Times in 5,874 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
Deals? That’s for the poor