REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-19-2023, 07:47 PM   #16876
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,136 Times in 1,973 Posts
Do everything you can to stay an extra day and come back on Monday ... no rez necessary. 30 mins before departure will get you on. Last time, I left on a Saturday morning (avoid the Fri rush) and came back on a Monday ... no rez either way, got on by arriving 30 mins early.
Advertisement
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2023, 08:13 PM   #16877
in the butt

Thanked 3,418 Times in 1,246 Posts
That was the original plan last week until the weather showed it's true colors

And this weekend does not work for Mon return

Went with duke point return

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by Badhobz
this guy is the embodiment of a cross cab owner.
donk. is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2023, 11:30 AM   #16878
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,831 Times in 1,821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nismodrifter View Post
Thats what I hear re : Lululemon. Best shirts ever. Dat price though.

I got some VW Branded Uniqlo stuff many years ago, they are holding strong, price was reasonable too. Unsure if their quality has changed or not.

Any other suggestions?
I quite like the Pima Cotton T-shirts from Armani Exchange, they sell them for 2 for $80.

Really nice and light cotton that sits well on the body, v-neck or crew neck. No logos or anything.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2023, 02:56 PM   #16879
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 2,538 Times in 1,166 Posts
If we are talking plain pima cottons, I get my fix from Banana Republic. Their stuff used to be quite good, recently though, the quality seems to have gone downhill and they don't stand behind their products.
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2023, 04:31 PM   #16880
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 9,402 Times in 3,388 Posts
You mean there’s a GAP between what that trash is worth and what you paid for it ?
Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2023, 04:51 PM   #16881

How would you like to spend the last hours of your life in this ?? That spirit of adventure ... a bit too much for me. I'll look at the Titanic wreck in a movie/documentary thank you. But if you sign up for this, I'm sure you signed the waiver. Apparently, some billionaire Hamish Harding is one of the passengers.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/missi...deep-1.6882739

This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2023, 06:00 PM   #16882
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,293 Times in 1,248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
How would you like to spend the last hours of your life in this ?? That spirit of adventure ... a bit too much for me. I'll look at the Titanic wreck in a movie/documentary thank you. But if you sign up for this, I'm sure you signed the waiver. Apparently, some billionaire Hamish Harding is one of the passengers.
This sounds like my nightmare if they are somehow stuck on the bottom with enough air until Thursday. In that case they are completely screwed there's no way anyone can help them. Their only chance is if they are floating on the surface and just haven't been found yet.

Apparently this thing was controlled by a Logitech gaming controller lol, what billionaire would trust his life in that thing?
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2023, 06:00 PM   #16883
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,387 Times in 3,913 Posts
The ticket to go down is like $450k or something and all the passengers were filthy rich, you would think they would have tracking devices on the sub or even on the person's of such high networth
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2023, 06:04 PM   #16884

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
The ticket to go down is like $450k or something and all the passengers were filthy rich, you would think they would have tracking devices on the sub or even on the person's of such high networth
Apparently last year one of these things was lost going to the Titanic for like 5 hours. There is no GPS and the only communication you have is the ship that dropped you off telling you where to go. Once you stop communicating with the ship you're basically fucked as far as being found
This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2023, 06:05 PM   #16885
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,173 Times in 1,553 Posts
The pics of the interior are claustrophobic AF. There's no windows. You get to see whatever the camera sees, huddled with other dumbass rich assholes, on small LCDs. Might as well just send a remote controlled sub for the same experience with far less risk of dying.
Old 06-20-2023, 06:09 PM   #16886

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presto View Post
The pics of the interior are claustrophobic AF. There's no windows. You get to see whatever the camera sees, huddled with other dumbass rich assholes, on small LCDs. Might as well just send a remote controlled sub for the same experience with far less risk of dying.
I think there's one small window located conveniently right in front of the shitter, which is separated by a black curtain from the rest of the people...
This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2023, 09:09 PM   #16887
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 3,962 Times in 952 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
It's 12,000ft under water. Find my iphone won't work. Even with some sort of beacon, the people searching for them would need to be close enough and know exactly where to point their equipment. And even then, that doesn't even guarantee they would "hear" it.

Even if they could find where it is at that depth, there's no way to rescue them.

The only hope for them is if it surfaced, is floating somewhere, and the rescuers can spot it in the ocean before they run out of air.
bobbinka is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2023, 09:16 PM   #16888

^ yah and the other thing is even if they are floating somewhere on the ocean, they can't open it from the inside, they are bolted shut from the outside !!
This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2023, 09:29 PM   #16889
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,387 Times in 3,913 Posts
Was just looking at the latest and a Canadian search plane heard banging noises coming from one of the search areas

Quote:
The US Coast Guard has confirmed that a Canadian P-3 aircraft detected "underwater noises" in a search area for the missing Titanic sub
US media, citing internal US government memos, described them as "banging sounds"
It is unclear when and how long the banging lasted, according to Rolling Stone and CNN

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-us-canada-65953941
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2023, 09:40 PM   #16890
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,458 Times in 3,503 Posts
A British Pakistani who in of the richest persons in Pakistan and his 19-year-old son are also on board.

My understanding is there is only one sub that can dive that low and that is the one missing.
Old 06-20-2023, 10:15 PM   #16891
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,458 Times in 3,503 Posts
I just found out it is bolted from the outside. There is no way to open the hatch from the inside. So they could be floating on the ocean with no way to get out.
Old 06-20-2023, 10:28 PM   #16892
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,304 Times in 1,446 Posts
They good as dead.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-21-2023, 05:21 AM   #16893

It sounds like another likely scenario is that once it got to a certain depth it imploded on itself killing everyone instantly, which at this point might have been the best case scenario for the people on board unfortunately.

The more you read about this sub and the reports coming out it sounds like they cut some corners building/testing it.
Old 06-21-2023, 06:59 AM   #16894
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,519 Times in 7,274 Posts
This would have been much nicer if it was Elon in his rocket ship.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2023, 09:09 PM   #16895
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,304 Times in 1,446 Posts
So I'm browsing Facebook marketplace and for some reason I see these bright red Filipino sausages on my landing page.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...4572725023360/

Out of curiosity, how do these taste compared to regular hot dogs from say Costco?
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 07:49 AM   #16896

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/...mKf9C7bQ%3D%3D

Mark Zuckerberg accepts Elon Musk's challenge to a cage fight

Old 06-22-2023, 08:18 AM   #16897

Thanked 3,571 Times in 1,734 Posts
WOW. Talk about coincidence. CEO Stockton Rush, one of the five people in that sub Titan, has a wife who is a distant relative of one of the passengers on the Titanic!

https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/22/enter...sub/index.html

Wendy Rush, the wife the executive who piloted the submersible that has been the subject of a desperate search after it went missing during a dive to the Titanic wreckage, has a personal connection to the ship.

Rush is the is the great-great granddaughter of retailing magnate Isidor Straus and his wife, Ida, who were part of the group of more than 1500 people who died during the Titanic’s maiden voyage, according to New York Times archive records.
Old 06-22-2023, 08:40 AM   #16898
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,063 Times in 5,348 Posts
All that tells me is that generational wealth is protected at all costs in capitalist societies through wars or famine or disease.

Rich in Titanic days, still rich today.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-22-2023, 08:58 AM   #16899

pretty sure her great great grandma was like WTF YOU RETARD!??!!?

i gave my seat on the boat so you can do this horseshit!?
This post thanked by:
Old 06-22-2023, 12:28 PM   #16900

Thanked 3,571 Times in 1,734 Posts
Another article which reinforces the stereotype that Chinese people will eat just about anything.

-even sucking on stir fried spicystones.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/s...hnk/index.html

Dubbed “the world’s hardest dish” – literally – a traditional stir-fry featuring stones as its key ingredient has sparked culinary curiosity on Chinese social media.

Patrons are supposed to suck on the small rocks to relish the rich and spicy flavor of the dish, which originated in the eastern Chinese province of Hubei.

They are instructed to suck off the flavors, then spit out the rocks – hence the dish’s name suodiu, meaning “suck and dispose.”

Videos of internet users sampling suodiu have sprung up all over Chinese social media platforms over the past week.

They also show how street vendors cook up the unusual dish. Vendors pour chilli oil onto pebbles sizzling on a teppanyaki-style grill, sprinkle garlic sauce all over them, then stir-fry everything with a mix of garlic cloves and diced peppers.

As they prep the ingredients, these sidewalk chefs sometimes narrate their every move with rhymes, according to videos on Xiaohongshu, ChinaÂ’s equivalent to Instagram.

“A portion of spice brings the passion alive,” the chef said in one video, adding that the dish is as popular as alcohol.

Customers are then served the flavored stones in palm-sized boxes. Each portion costs about 16 yuan (US$2.30), according to the video.