REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-12-2023, 02:50 PM   #17101
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,219 Times in 1,253 Posts
Failed 136 Times in 64 Posts
I always thought the left turner always goes last. The only exception is when there is a flashing green left turn signal for the left turner.
Advertisement
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 04:04 PM   #17102
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,907 Times in 770 Posts
Failed 407 Times in 108 Posts
Hey, how do you guys decided on who gets what room when you rent an airbnb?
Just curious what you guys do.
Let's say there are three couples+
PeanutButter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 04:13 PM   #17103
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,916 Times in 1,237 Posts
Failed 45 Times in 25 Posts
Battle Royale. Last couple standing gets the master.
roastpuff is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-12-2023, 04:13 PM   #17104
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 3,992 Times in 961 Posts
Failed 129 Times in 32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
In that situation if there was a line of cars going straight and you're the blue car trying to go left there's no way I'm waiting for the whole line to clear before I go. Chances are once your out there with your signal on the next car will let you go anyways.
but you wouldnt need to wait for the entire line to clear. if traffic is clear and safe for both orange and blue car to proceed, orange goes straight, while blue enters the intersection waiting for orange to pass by before turning left. the second car behind orange would not be entitled to blow through their stop sign to go straight, they still need to stop first. since you are already in the intersection, you have right of way over the 2nd car behind orange.
bobbinka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 05:33 PM   #17105
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 10,274 Times in 3,679 Posts
Failed 470 Times in 235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutButter View Post
By noise level. The noisiest (whether sex or snoring) should be punished with the smallest room
Badhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 05:43 PM   #17106

Thanked 31,996 Times in 7,423 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
Quote:
I get a hotel with my wife like an adult.
I would say the person who did the legwork and booked it gets first pick though.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-12-2023, 07:30 PM   #17107
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,231 Times in 8,411 Posts
Failed 1,532 Times in 680 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I get a hotel with my wife like an adult.
I would say the person who did the legwork and booked it gets first pick though.
Shared AirBNBs can be really fun, especially since you can get a really nice huge place if 6 or more people are chipping in

That being said I can't imagine adults having issues picking rooms. I like the idea of "whoever booked it can pick the nicest room" but after that, whatevs

Speaking of which, just have to thank OP for bringing back memories of the place we stayed at in Thailand for a week. 6 people shared this place right by the beach, personal chef, backyard pool, amazing rooms that nobody had to fight for... Wish I could go back right now

SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 07:33 PM   #17108

I'm just joking anyways, but I would always rather get 3 hotel rooms in a hotel than AirBnB in most situations these days. Charge me $300 to clean the fucking place then tell me to clean up after myself lol. Staying in a big place is cool if it's with some buddies to get pissed up all night, but if I'm on a couples vacation, I want some privacy when I want it.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 07-12-2023, 07:46 PM   #17109
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,231 Times in 8,411 Posts
Failed 1,532 Times in 680 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'm just joking anyways, but I would always rather get 3 hotel rooms in a hotel than AirBnB in most situations these days. Charge me $300 to clean the fucking place then tell me to clean up after myself lol. Staying in a big place is cool if it's with some buddies to get pissed up all night, but if I'm on a couples vacation, I want some privacy when I want it.
I guess we can only speak from experience, and I've only ever had really good experiences with my AirBNB trips. They've either been amazing places I could never afford to live in otherwise, or really nice condos in great locations for 1/6th the cost of a hotel.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 07:48 PM   #17110
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,323 Times in 2,077 Posts
Failed 296 Times in 140 Posts
I hate AirBnB's ... they have so much surplus charges/fees on top of the rent - cleaning fee, service fee ...
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 07:49 PM   #17111

I'm imagining it probably has to do with the places we are travelling. West coast US/Canada doesn't have deals on places to stay. I bet I'd feel differently about it where it isn't the shed in the backyard of a 3+ million dollar house.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-12-2023, 09:56 PM   #17112
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 9,294 Times in 4,046 Posts
Failed 427 Times in 225 Posts
I've only stayed in 2 and they were booked by other people but both were weird. With how much they're fucking over local rental markets these days I'd never book one again just because of that anyways.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2023, 04:23 AM   #17113

We stayed in airbnbs in Japan , Australia and Europe.

Japan = quite the experience. You get a whole building to yourself. 6 bedrooms. 3 levels. And you even get parking. Gives you a taste of how a life in Japan would feel like. Pricing wise it was still cheaper than a Hilton / Marriott

Australia = about the same as Japan, entire house in Sydney. In an urban setting close to their downtown core and still cheaper than a hotel.

Europe = sucks. Pretty much all the places are attached to some guys house or just a bedroom. Ended up cancelling most of those and staying at hotels proper.

I think these airbnbs are generally quite fun. You gain a cool experience that you wouldn’t get if you stayed in a hotel
Old 07-13-2023, 07:49 AM   #17114
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,966 Times in 5,664 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
I went all over Europe in 2017 staying in airbnbs and I really enjoyed interacting with all the hosts... I remember those conversations more than I remember some of the places I went. Sometimes I spent an entire evening just talking about their life and how they came to live in X country.

I stayed at a guy's house in Geneva who worked at the UN... and when he came to Canada with his father last year (5 years later!) he came to my office and they had lunch with me, his dad was so excited about the idea that we had met from such a service and how small the world had become and turned out he lived in a town in Belgium one of my family member died in during WW2... and 2 weeks later his dad passed away and I was like the 2nd person he messaged about it.

I was in Zurich and stayed with a gay couple and they took me all around Zurich and we had dinner together at a restaurant and went to a nightclub hahaha it was great.

It wasn't trouble-free of course, some places are better than others and recently Airbnb fucked me over really bad in Austin, Texas but those times were a lot of fun.
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2023, 08:12 AM   #17115

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
I was in Zurich and stayed with a gay couple and they took me all around Zurich and we had dinner together at a restaurant and went to a nightclub hahaha it was great.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-13-2023, 08:16 AM   #17116
RS Veteran

Thanked 11,349 Times in 4,655 Posts
Failed 435 Times in 278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
Not only do Asian bitches b-line it to him it appears....
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
based on my haircut, maybe
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-13-2023, 08:21 AM   #17117
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,694 Times in 1,352 Posts
Failed 140 Times in 79 Posts
Can't really generalize that all AirBnBs in Europe are shit. I find that great value lies in staying in the outskirts. Was able to rent full farm houses in the South of France for like $150/night. Big cities yeah you'll get a shared room in a flat above a busy street.

Same with NZ just this past spring, got entire houses for the price of a hotel room. But these were in places that didn't really have many hotels to begin with.

In North America though, holy shit, seems like hosts are really milking it with exorbitant prices and extra fees. Value is just not there.

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2023, 08:54 AM   #17118
RS controls my life!

Failed 64 Times in 21 Posts
What do you think has caused the decline of Revscene? Would love to see stats on traffic from the 2000's to today
1. Facebook killing forums
2. Gen Z do not care about cars or modifying cars.
3. People getting older and don't have time for cars anymore

I joined revscene in the mid 2000's when riced civics with neon underglows + fast and the furious and the car culture seemed so much more lively back then.
noclue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2023, 09:00 AM   #17119
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 6,559 Times in 2,651 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 139 Posts
I recently went to Victoria for a short trip -- ya, I know it ain't anything fancy or exciting -- and was looking at AirBnB. Holy shxt they were expensive! Easily 25 - 30% more expensive than your typical 3-star hotel (Best Western / la Quinta / Super 8 that sort of thing) after all the extra fees were factored in. And they were no closer to the DT core than the 3-star hotels that were still available.

In the end, I went with a run-of-the-mill 3-star hotel. Not really sure how or why someone would find the AirBnB attractive at the prices they were asking for...
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-13-2023, 09:10 AM   #17120
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,323 Times in 2,077 Posts
Failed 296 Times in 140 Posts
^ sometimes AirBnB are comparable to 3.5-4 stars !!! only advantage, I suppose, is that AirBnB has kitchen whereas hotels suites might have a small kitchenette at best (if you plan to do your own cooking).
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2023, 09:13 AM   #17121
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,916 Times in 1,237 Posts
Failed 45 Times in 25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by noclue View Post
What do you think has caused the decline of Revscene? Would love to see stats on traffic from the 2000's to today
1. Facebook killing forums
2. Gen Z do not care about cars or modifying cars.
3. People getting older and don't have time for cars anymore

I joined revscene in the mid 2000's when riced civics with neon underglows + fast and the furious and the car culture seemed so much more lively back then.

4. All of the above. Also, cars are way more expensive to get/run/keep and modify these days, and only the true enthusiasts are still doing that.
roastpuff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2023, 09:28 AM   #17122

Thanked 4,959 Times in 1,827 Posts
Failed 184 Times in 99 Posts
Cars are pretty damned good from the factory these days. And anyone who actually wants the performance, will just buy the higher performance model.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2023, 09:43 AM   #17123
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 6,559 Times in 2,651 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 139 Posts
From my own observation, I've actually come across a lot of people who have been a (car) enthusiast at some level, but have since moved on to one thing or another for whatever reason.

Using myself as an example, in my younger days when responsibilities were few and time aplenty, I was obviously doing a lot more fun stuff that I am doing now. Different sports, motorsports, socializing, chasing chicks, eating out, gaming, etc. But as responsibilities pile on, the fun stuff inevitably have to be cut back. Nowadays, I'd say I've pretty much pared everything down to just doing the occasional motorsport thing, and even then, I am only doing it 1/3 to 1/4 as often as I would like.

And then when it comes to gaming, I find that not only have my tastes changed, I am also a lot less willing to try new things, potentially because time has become more of a luxury now, and I don't want to invest time (& money) into a game that I am not sure whether I'd enjoy.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-13-2023, 10:33 AM   #17124
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,966 Times in 5,664 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
My old man moment every week is listening to new music released every Friday... I make a concerted effort to go through it... and almost every week I leave myself devastated at how shit everything is and even IF it does have a good sound (which isn't that often) the lyrics are so WTF that I can't listen to it even for the sound.

When I do find something good though it's like the clouds parted and angels singing moment.
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-13-2023, 11:02 AM   #17125
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,246 Times in 1,994 Posts
Failed 265 Times in 101 Posts
Quote:
Ching, Chang, Push
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: