REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-21-2023, 02:45 PM   #17326
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,387 Times in 3,913 Posts

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-66271090

Tony Bennett dies @ 96

Saw him in concert several years ago dudes voice was amazing even at a ripe old age, was glad to have been able to hear and see an old legend live

RiP
Advertisement
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-21-2023, 03:36 PM   #17327
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,197 Times in 2,009 Posts
Union leaders recommend members to accept tentative deal to avoid another BC Port Workers strike ... can this be the end?

And in other news today ...

Retired RCMP officer charged in foreign interference case
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-21-2023, 04:02 PM   #17328
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 9,657 Times in 3,476 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Part of the problem is competing with other stupid parents... and that kids are spoiled and have to be "in" everything now. My sister spends SO MUCH time getting her kids into every program imaginable because you're a bad mom if you don't.
very much this. every single parent i know is putting their kids through a gazillion different programs. We didn't have any of this growing up, we just vegged out on TV and played outside; we turned out okay.

Im probably one of the only Asians who dont know how to play the piano or any instrument. Everyone that played an instrument growing up dont even play it now.
Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-21-2023, 05:15 PM   #17329
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,639 Times in 7,307 Posts
Having a kid really has been the best thing I've ever experienced. I'm a very anxious person, and there has been something cathartic about knowing you have no fucking control over what's going on and you just have to work it out.
That said, people shouldn't feel pressured to have kids. If you don't want it, why does it have to be "what you are supposed to do?" If people didn't have so many fucking kids they didn't like the world would be a lot less full of shitty adults that were raised poorly and treated badly by miserable moron parents.
That does remind me though, I really need to go get neutered. One is good. Having two kids if you aren't rich is a recipe to be bitter about the costs.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 06:16 PM   #17330

That’s because little V is an angel. Daughters are awesome. If it was a fart machine boy I’d throw it out the window.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-21-2023, 06:25 PM   #17331
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,436 Times in 1,062 Posts
Kids are not for everyone but I love mine and wouldn't want a life without her - she's only 4.5 and I'm already thinking about how much I'll miss snuggling with her. The first couple years were fucking awful though and I thought I was gonna divorce my wife at some point.

I am somewhat surprised though at how many of my friends are kidless considering we're all now in our 40s - at this age the choice has clearly been made. Quite a few are childless b/c they never found themselves a partner - especially the women for whom I won't touch the subject with them cause for most of them it hurts.

Financially I don't think having 1 makes THAT much of a difference - I gave up a bunch of expensive hobbies b/c I didn't have time for them anymore and the money was just transferred to the kid. It's when you have 2 or more that it can become a big deal.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-21-2023, 06:32 PM   #17332

^ doesn't our Cdn gov't give you like $xxx.00 per month per kid?
Old 07-21-2023, 06:42 PM   #17333

If you make enough to actually have a kid, that number is like a tank of gas. Not complaining, but childcare is $1200 a month, so I'm not turning a profit.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-21-2023, 06:49 PM   #17334

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
^ doesn't our Cdn gov't give you like $xxx.00 per month per kid?
Yes? I know I can write off some of my daycare costs but I'm not sure really sure what else I get from the gov't - I make a lot of money so I'm usually well past the cutoffs so I just assume nothing ever applies to me.
Old 07-21-2023, 06:55 PM   #17335

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
I'm 26 in a few weeks. I know women are going to ask me this question frequently on dates. It's not a simple answer. It depends on if we can afford it AND provide the child with a childhood that doesn't show struggle. As I reference previously, I grew up in BC Housing and for a decent part of my childhood we got our groceries at the food bank.
Speaking of food banks here's a great read on how the food bank is doing: https://macleans.ca/longforms/food-b...ion-groceries/

All my charitable giving goes to the food bank so I'm a big fan of supporting them and the good work they do - food and shelter are the most important foundations for people - and the food bank is run like a proper business so your donations go a long way.
Old 07-21-2023, 07:37 PM   #17336
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,446 Times in 2,021 Posts
I pondered kids for a long time till I realized I wanted to keep my family's genes from spreading.
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-21-2023, 07:50 PM   #17337

I said the same thing. The madness dies with me.
Old 07-21-2023, 08:11 PM   #17338

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
If you make enough to actually have a kid, that number is like a tank of gas. Not complaining, but childcare is $1200 a month, so I'm not turning a profit.
I think I tried to put that toward the RESP so the gov't give you say $100/mth and I put it into RESP and it instantly becomes like $120 ... and it can grow for umpteen years. I mean it's not bad, it could be worst ... the gov't could give you nothing.
Old 07-21-2023, 08:30 PM   #17339

Yeah it's totally not bad at all and can go a long way. Just clarifying because some of the RSrs like to talk about how people just have kids so they don't have to go to work and then buy x5Ms with their tax dollars.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 07-21-2023, 10:08 PM   #17340
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 6,473 Times in 2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit View Post
anyone else notice how much extended medical practitioners are charging these days? i still see some that are reasonable, like $110-120/hr for an RMT, but some are charging like $180/hr now? i know most ppl have benefits that pay for this, but when your benefits cover like $500 for each type of practitioner, $500 wouldn't even get you three 1hr massages anymore.
My extended health coverage is an insult -- it pays $10 per visit for my first 10 visits with each type of practitioner, and I believe the total coverage across all the different types is $1000 per year. My shoulder had been acting up recently, so I went to see a physio. By the time I was done with my 5th visit, I have recovered enough that I figure I really wouldn't want to stomach another $500 out of my own pocket, so I stopped going. It is absolute bullshxt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
AND on the other token, I don't know how I can be delicate around a child. Most of my peers, professionally and personally, know that I don't beat around the bush and I tell it how it is.
You might get a better response on the parental thread, but before I had my kid, I had no idea how I can be delicate around a child, both physically and mentally. And on top of that, I had no patience for BS / illogical arguments -- that did not fare well with some of my ex'es, and I had no patience for tantrums either.

But after watching my wife gave birth to our kid, a switch just flipped. I remember how the nurse asked me to cut the umbilical cord, and it was one of the strangest yet most memorable feeling I have ever had. And then when I asked to carry the baby for the first time, that little 3kg's worth of life somehow did something to change me. (Gosh I was freaking out that I'd hurt or break something so delicate...)

I still have no patience for my kid, and my temper still flares every now and then. But I love my little troublemaker, and you find ways to tolerate the mess that they continually create in new a different ways everyday while trying to steer them to do the right thing...

In addition to providing material things, the amount of time you can afford to provide is also extremely important. My wife felt like she couldn't possibly offer enough quality time for the kids if we were to have another one. And for me, I felt like I would lose my sanity if I had to handle another kid in addition to what we already have.

We've only put our kid into 3 extracurricular programs, and I already feel like the schedule is killing me. We enrolled him into swimming because that is an essential life skill. We put him into another sport that has weekly 1/2 hour lessons so that he can be more physically active. We take him to Chinese school once a week because we want to make sure he retains at least some of his cultural heritage. The weekday activities are the worst because everything is so rush -- they need a snack after coming home from school, and then traffic is bad by the time kiddo is done with his snack. We still have to prep dinner when we get back.

So honestly, I comprehend how anything / everyone else seem to be able to juggle so many things for their kids, when doing 3 is already killing me.
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-21-2023, 10:37 PM   #17341
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 9,145 Times in 3,979 Posts
Quote:
Having a kid really has been the best thing I've ever experienced. I'm a very anxious person, and there has been something cathartic about knowing you have no fucking control over what's going on and you just have to work it out.
Same here. When they were newborns it seemed to help me out quite a bit not having the luxury to worry about any of the stuff I normally would.

Quote:
That said, people shouldn't feel pressured to have kids. If you don't want it, why does it have to be "what you are supposed to do?"
I love my kids more than anything, but having them has made me understand people who don't want kids even more than I did before. It's definitely not for everyone and I can totally get someone not wanting to do this.

Hell all the stuff leading up to actually having a kid can be difficult and dangerous too. Fertility issues, miscarriages, pregnancy difficulties, labor difficulties, recovery difficulties. Even with modern medicine there's a fair amount of risk involved so I can't blame anyone who doesn't want to go through that.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-22-2023, 04:12 AM   #17342
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 6,473 Times in 2,604 Posts
Personally, me and my wife's biggest concern when it comes to having children is the higher risks of the children having developmental disabilities as the parents get older. Obviously different people have different levels of risks tolerance, but for us, our current age has reached a point where we are at the borderline of that comfort level.
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2023, 04:33 AM   #17343

Awww you guys are all such good parents. It warms my heart that the next generation have great role models to follow instead of our incompetent and broke ass parents….well some of us anyways.

These kids are lucky to have you guys.

P.s which dr guy is good for neutering ? I want to get this done too. I’ll come to next meat wearing a cone around my neck

Last edited by Badhobz; 07-22-2023 at 04:45 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-22-2023, 05:34 AM   #17344

This is YVR's go to snip doc ... and while you're there, he can fix your other problems too like ED.

https://www.pollockclinics.com/
This post thanked by:
Old 07-22-2023, 06:06 AM   #17345

who says i have other problems!?!?!
This post thanked by:
Old 07-22-2023, 09:49 AM   #17346
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,678 Times in 5,816 Posts
Dr.pollock for boner extensions
Old 07-22-2023, 09:52 AM   #17347
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 4,760 Times in 824 Posts
are there boner reduction procedures?
Old 07-22-2023, 10:58 AM   #17348
in the butt

Thanked 3,471 Times in 1,266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.V.M. View Post
Depends what you want to identify as

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

donk. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2023, 11:58 AM   #17349
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,890 Times in 2,544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.V.M. View Post
step 1, look at picture of integra girl
procedure complete

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee