REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-24-2023, 10:20 AM   #17426
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 9,458 Times in 3,409 Posts
i wore a white, mickey mouse and goofy, t shirt on my first day in grade 8 and promptly got my shit kicked. totally deserved that one hahah

These kids can get away with wearing rainbow tie dye nowadays and nobody would even blink. They also swear less than us, are more tolerant, and less racist/homophobic.

Thats progress! im glad its a better environment for these kids. Although i think it might make them a bit weak when it comes to facing future adversity, its still progress nevertheless.
Advertisement
Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-24-2023, 11:00 AM   #17427
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,094 Times in 1,271 Posts
I guess with cameras everywhere now, can't really do anything physical.

virtual world on the other hand is a whole can of worms

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-24-2023, 11:06 AM   #17428
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,532 Times in 4,916 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
i wore a white, mickey mouse and goofy, t shirt on my first day in grade 8 and promptly got my shit kicked. totally deserved that one hahah
Damn, son.............. I would have kicked your ass, too........ and then some.

Your mom dresses you funny.

Yeah, grade 8 was scary and wAnderful at the same time. Went to Strathcona Elementary prior............... first week at Britannia. Never seen Italian chicks before. Those assets............... mama Mia!

Only seen titties like that in magazines...............

Em Gee Juan out!
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2023, 11:34 AM   #17429
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,848 Times in 1,826 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GS8 View Post
Sana alllllllll

Spoiler!

Talking about older singles, it just reminds me of how shit, how absolute shit the dating culture is nowadays. I thank fuck everyday I'm out of it but also feel bad for those who are waist deep in it. Really is no surprise to have kids later when it takes 15 years to find the one rose in the pile of manure.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2023, 11:56 AM   #17430

Thanked 4,653 Times in 1,565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
Thats progress! im glad its a better environment for these kids. Although i think it might make them a bit weak when it comes to facing future adversity, its still progress nevertheless.
Case in point, the employee I referenced in my earlier post didn't show up for work again today, claiming "joint pain" and his feelings are still hurt..

What a little bitch LMAO definitely didn't get beat enough to understand accountability

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2023, 11:59 AM   #17431

WATCH OUT! he might report your ass to HR.
Old 07-24-2023, 12:02 PM   #17432
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 9,082 Times in 3,950 Posts
The last two batches of rice I've made in our rice cooker have turned out all fucky, the outside is mush but the insides are still hard? It's like a weird mix of over and undercooked at the same time. Could this somehow be a problem with the rice or is my cooker dying?
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2023, 12:04 PM   #17433

sounds like a rice cooker issue. Like its not steaming the rice or something and just bathing the rice in hot water.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-24-2023, 12:11 PM   #17434
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,553 Times in 7,281 Posts
Bic, while I don't doubt you're right, be careful how you handle it. The amount of hassle crybabies can cause you at work isn't worth the venting sometimes.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-24-2023, 12:55 PM   #17435
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by supafamous View Post
That's fucked up but also not that uncommon if you read the relationship/AITA Reddits - the men are the worst. Entitled little babies thinking they're doing their women a favour.

I also don't quite get (but understand) those who keep separate finances and pay into a shared account especially when one makes way more than the other. You're in a marriage, shouldn't you both have the same quality of life? Especially if you have kids?Like does one of you feed the kids the good ice cream while the other feeds them Western Family ice cream? Or one of you can take the kids to Disneyland while the other walks around the outside of the aquarium listening to the seals and sea lions?

I prefer to run the finances like that Starship song said, "We built this city on rock 'n roll (and shared finances)".
This actually works so well for us, I'd recommend to everyone. We've been together 25 years next month happily married the last 18 and have a kid who's graduating next year. We have some joint accounts and some separate, I have no clue what my wife has in her savings or day to day checking account that I have no access to and vice versa. I pay a larger share into our joint accounts every month because I make more. Anything related to our house including mortgage, taxes, insurance, cable, power, gas as well as groceries, cellphone bills, contingency's is joint. We never argue about money, not that I do it a lot because I'm cheap but if I want to spend money I don't have to worry about how my spending will effect my wife or what she'll think.

We have the same quality of life, I make sure she's able to put away enough money every month with me paying more into the joint accounts so she's able to do what she wants.

I just booked a trip to take my son to see a football game in Minnesota in Sept, something like that I pay for out of my savings account. My wife went to see her friend in Toronto a few months ago, she paid for that out of her savings account. If we go on a family vacation, I usually pay for it. If my wife needed anything from me I'd give it to her if have it.

It's just my opinion, I don't think there is one answer or one method that works for everyone, you have to find what's comfortable and what works to maintain a healthy relationship. I can assure you that we are very happy living like this, I couldn't imagine being without my wife and I'd like to think she thinks the same of me at least that's what she's telling me haha.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-24-2023, 01:08 PM   #17436
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,633 Times in 559 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
The last two batches of rice I've made in our rice cooker have turned out all fucky, the outside is mush but the insides are still hard? It's like a weird mix of over and undercooked at the same time. Could this somehow be a problem with the rice or is my cooker dying?
sounds like the element is dying, not getting hot enough, so it's just soaking warm water into the outside of the bowl.
snowball is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-24-2023, 01:56 PM   #17437
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,117 Times in 5,367 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Sounds like you're making rice while white

Buy a zojirushi lol
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2023, 02:10 PM   #17438
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,309 Times in 1,449 Posts
When my parents got married, they merged all their finances together into joint accounts. Every single account they ever got was always joint ownership. But our predicament was a little different. My mom said he didn't know how shit my dad was with his finances and how little savings he had. Made sense, my dad was buying $30 undies (in the 1980s). Because of my parents, I always thought joint accounts were the norm.

I asked my girlfriend (who I've been living with for the past several years) and she said we'd probably have a single joint account for shared finances and maintain a personal account - not that I really care. Having your personal account means the missus can never bitch about the useless shit us men buy
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-24-2023, 02:13 PM   #17439
Say! Say! Say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Bic, while I don't doubt you're right, be careful how you handle it. The amount of hassle crybabies can cause you at work isn't worth the venting sometimes.
Several years ago, I had a friend who just started at ICBC. He bitched about a coworker for being lazy over a private Whatsapp chat during his probation and I guess someone mentioned it in passing because he got fired over it.

Now if anyone has to bitch, I tell them to wait until their probation is over.

Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Old 07-24-2023, 03:40 PM   #17440
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 9,082 Times in 3,950 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Sounds like you're making rice while white
I was fully prepared for that to be a significant factor haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Buy a zojirushi lol
That was going to be my next question. Any particular model I should get? Our current one is a basic Salton automatic that has markings for 4 cups but really maxes out at 3 and I need something bigger. Should I get a programmable one or should my white ass stick to an automatic so I don't fuck up the settings?
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-24-2023, 03:53 PM   #17441
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,139 Times in 1,975 Posts
^ Salton ... therein lies your problem ... who buys a White Company produced rice cooker, made in Canada ... Tiger is your best friend. Or Zojirushi ... unless you like Uncle Ben's rice!
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-24-2023, 03:57 PM   #17442
MG1

A Salton?????????? OMG!

Zojirushi, Tiger, Cuckoo, in that order. There are some really nice Korean Made rice cookers out there. Cuckoo being one of them.

I purchased a Made in Japan Tiger rice cooker from Bellingham Costco in case my Zojirushi dies. Damn thing won't die. The inner pot looks like it's been through three world wars.

The Tiger is $99.00 USD and it goes on sale often for $89.00 USD.

Cuckoo goes on sale at Costco Canada every once in a while............... Salton? Damn, I'm so disappoint, son.

Wait...... you white? That explains it. Then again, so is 68style, gulolol. White guy who knows his stuff. Nuff said.

This post thanked by:
Old 07-24-2023, 03:58 PM   #17443
Say! Say! Say!

You guys need to step up your rice cooker game.

Mine has been blessed by the OG.
Old 07-24-2023, 04:01 PM   #17444
MG1

BTW, the best appliance I have in the kitchen is a Zojirushi Hybrid Hot Water Dispenser. Often asked why spend money on something like that............... let me tell you. It is just plain worth every penny, cent, yen rupee, etc.

This post thanked by:
Old 07-24-2023, 04:06 PM   #17445

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
Then again, so is 68style, gulolol. White guy who knows his stuff. Nuff said.
he get's an honorary Asian card. He porked enough of our women to steal our secrets so we might as well let him in.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-24-2023, 04:09 PM   #17446

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
BTW, the best appliance I have in the kitchen is a Zojirushi Hybrid Hot Water Dispenser. Often asked why spend money on something like that............... let me tell you. It is just plain worth every penny, cent, yen rupee, etc.
you may want to explain to our fairer skin fellow RS'ers ... what a hot water dispenser is ...
Old 07-24-2023, 04:11 PM   #17447

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Ramon HG View Post

You guys need to step up your rice cooker game.

Mine has been blessed by the OG.
Saves the original box/packaging of any appliance ... tell me you are Asian without telling me you are Asian.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-24-2023, 04:22 PM   #17448
MG1

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
Saves the original box/packaging of any appliance ... tell me you are Asian without telling me you are Asian.
You know what's scarier? My Aunt had (now in my possession) two brand new unopened Beta Max players. She had so many tapes. She was told Beta would become extinct (it did) and wanted to make sure she had one in case the one she had died. Receipt taped to the box. I should donate them to the Smithsonian, gulolol.

On second thought, I think one was opened to check the contents. Anyway..............

Why would anyone buy anything that has the word "beta" in the name?

This post thanked by:
Old 07-24-2023, 04:36 PM   #17449

Thanked 4,094 Times in 1,271 Posts
I bought the cheap induction panasonic rice cooker and it didn't cook rice. I screamed at panasonic and asked them how could a Japanese appliance company make a rice cooker that can't cook rice

in the end I bought the $ 600 made in Japan version lol

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-24-2023, 04:55 PM   #17450
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,947 Times in 8,264 Posts
Get a pressure rice cooker and it'll be done in like 15 minutes. All the Japanese brands have them but they're $500 USD and up
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote