REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-05-2024, 01:16 PM   #19451
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Today's free candy vans are very different than what my parents described when I was a child
https://twitter.com/vancouverpd/stat...6410671731004?
Advertisement
radeonboy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-05-2024, 01:26 PM   #19452
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,063 Times in 5,348 Posts
WoW how many orange Macans are around... this guy is cooked
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-05-2024, 01:36 PM   #19453
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 1,783 Times in 920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
Any recommendations on which front and rear dash cams are a good purchase these days?
Can't really go wrong with Thinkware, VIOFO, and Blackvue. Blackboxmycar imo is the best to go to and they also have a shit ton of youtube videos doing in depoth reviews. Start here

https://www.blackboxmycar.ca/pages/best-dash-cams

Personally I run a BlackVue DR900X-2CH Plus Dual-Channel for my car and my wife runs the older model. Thankfully I've never had to use it for myself but I did witness an accident once and sent the video to ICBC which helped someone I'm sure. If and when I have to buy one again though I may go VIOFO though, it's a little bit cheaper and the video quality seems to be a bit better too but we're almost splitting hairs between all the major brands really.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-05-2024, 02:05 PM   #19454
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,532 Times in 4,916 Posts
Yeah, Alex (proprietor of Blackboxmycar) is a great guy to deal with. I get extra discount because I’ve been buying from him since he first started the business from his home eons ago. His business has taken off. However, he still has time to spend with customers when he is in town.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2024, 02:41 PM   #19455
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,608 Times in 4,316 Posts
I need to get a dashcam installed in my car dammit, I took the cam out of my 4runner and need to put it in my mazda. It's only been 3 years LOL
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2024, 03:25 PM   #19456
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 4,760 Times in 824 Posts
I just got out of jury duty. 3 weeks at $20 a day, fuck that.
Old 01-05-2024, 07:15 PM   #19457

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
Yeah, Alex (proprietor of Blackboxmycar) is a great guy to deal with. I get extra discount because I’ve been buying from him since he first started the business from his home eons ago. His business has taken off. However, he still has time to spend with customers when he is in town.
Agreed I got my first dashcam when his operation was still in the early stages and dash cams were not a thing at all. They've always been great to deal with and unless something changes will be a customer for life.

Old 01-05-2024, 11:32 PM   #19458
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,629 Times in 556 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by winson604 View Post
Can't really go wrong with Thinkware, VIOFO, and Blackvue. Blackboxmycar imo is the best to go to and they also have a shit ton of youtube videos doing in depoth reviews. Start here

https://www.blackboxmycar.ca/pages/best-dash-cams

Personally I run a BlackVue DR900X-2CH Plus Dual-Channel for my car and my wife runs the older model. Thankfully I've never had to use it for myself but I did witness an accident once and sent the video to ICBC which helped someone I'm sure. If and when I have to buy one again though I may go VIOFO though, it's a little bit cheaper and the video quality seems to be a bit better too but we're almost splitting hairs between all the major brands really.
I have a love/hate relationship with Blackvue, 4 of them failed on me in last 10 years but its software is way better than Thinkware (I have 2 right now), currently running a 750X with the $400 blackvue battery in my main car, so far so good after 1.5 years.
snowball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2024, 01:18 AM   #19459
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,193 Times in 404 Posts
Submitting video to icbc via their online witness form was super simple. Last summer witnessed a left turner getting hit by the oncoming car that ran a solid red. No one was injured at the scene but I couldn't stay as I was on my way to a medical appointment
I got a call from the adjuster, the left turn driver wanted to thank me for the video, as he wasn't at fault for the accident due to the video.
Running thinkware front/rear in the SUV and minivan.
Mikoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-06-2024, 07:35 AM   #19460
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,532 Times in 4,916 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.V.M. View Post
I just got out of jury duty...................

Three times, so far. Never even had to go in for interviews. Had plans for that, as well. Be such an asshole (comes naturally) and a racist pig (don't have to work hard at that, either, gulolol). Having said that, I so wanted to be on the jury of the Pickton trial.................
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-06-2024, 07:54 AM   #19461
in the butt

Thanked 3,418 Times in 1,246 Posts
Quote:
Wow, 3 weeks?!?!?

Was it more or less exciting than painting a bedroom?

Also, in your opinion, was the case worth 3 weeks of trial? Or someone should have pointed at law X and called it a day?

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by Badhobz
this guy is the embodiment of a cross cab owner.
donk. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2024, 09:44 AM   #19462
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,193 Times in 404 Posts
Quote:
I've been called up twice. First time didn't get selected, Judge recalled everyone fo the following month that didn't get selected for the one trial that day. Next month, we all show up and a Bailiff goes, "WTF are you guys doing here? Didn't anyone tell you there's no trials today?" What a waste of everyone's time.

In November I got called for a 3 week trial. Got excused due to a family emergency. Just filled the online forms. Not like the old days when you had to show up. My mom had to do that just to say, she didn't understand English well enough to follow a trial.
Mikoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2024, 11:34 AM   #19463
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,572 Times in 5,768 Posts
So where I work you get full pay if you get called, a colleague of mine just did it for 2.5 weeks, sounds like a total fucking shit show

It was an ICBC civil claim that has been going on since before they went to no fault. The fucking trial took 10 days and then deliberation took 3 because 1 person was adamant she couldn’t understand why the rest of the jury wanted to vote one way. My colleague said people were basically ready to start screaming at her to just side with the other 7 people and eventually when they told the judge the scenario the judge said majority is good enough, case closed.

Sounds like a total nightmare to be a part of
Old 01-06-2024, 12:59 PM   #19464
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,831 Times in 1,821 Posts
Camera is going in the new car then, done deal.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2024, 01:19 PM   #19465

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowball View Post
I have a love/hate relationship with Blackvue, 4 of them failed on me in last 10 years but its software is way better than Thinkware (I have 2 right now), currently running a 750X with the $400 blackvue battery in my main car, so far so good after 1.5 years.
Having only ever used Blackvue (3 so far) I have nothing to compare to. In my opinion it's just ok but maybe all dashcam software is just ok or shit. I went as a normal person who uses tech and software in my daily life like anyone else and had certain expectations of how the software would work. Everything to how easy it was to connect, speed, usability etc and like I said the user experience is just ok my biggest pain point usually is connecting and staying connected to the camera and then even after that sometimes it's slow. Again maybe they're all kind of like that but I have no idea.

Old 01-06-2024, 01:46 PM   #19466

Thanked 1,629 Times in 556 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by winson604 View Post
Having only ever used Blackvue (3 so far) I have nothing to compare to. In my opinion it's just ok but maybe all dashcam software is just ok or shit. I went as a normal person who uses tech and software in my daily life like anyone else and had certain expectations of how the software would work. Everything to how easy it was to connect, speed, usability etc and like I said the user experience is just ok my biggest pain point usually is connecting and staying connected to the camera and then even after that sometimes it's slow. Again maybe they're all kind of like that but I have no idea.
The biggest problem with Thinkware is that it doesn't have a "video preview" so if you're looking for a specific clip and your time stamp is wrong you end up spending a while trying to find the right clip. Also, some Thinkware's don't come with built in GPS so that makes it even more annoying for automatic time correction.
snowball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2024, 02:19 PM   #19467
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 4,033 Times in 1,715 Posts
Quote:
I've been selected several times, but was able to excuse myself each time. The first time I had to explain my reason for excusal in person. The next couple times, I came up with an email template I use and it has worked each time. lol
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2024, 02:40 PM   #19468
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 4,033 Times in 1,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowball View Post
Blackvue definitely can be buggy. For the premium price tag they seem to have over other dashcams, I probably wouldn't buy them again. My wife and I are both using Blackvue's and so are 2 other friends and we all ran into issues.

For the most part, they do their job and work well, but the one my wife has would sometimes just randomly restart itself mid commute, so we'll be unable to record for about 20-30 seconds as it reboots itself. And mine is starting to produce weird purple/rainbow colours in the footage at random times. Also the time stamps and date always seem to go off after a while.

But I'm also not really a "bells and whistles" kind of guy. I still prefer to just pull out the microSD and plug it in the PC so I can review the footage on a large monitor. So if you don't care about the cloud storage or better app, then it makes it harder to justify the price.

---

I would recommend people to youtube the channels that review different dashcams and compare the driving footage comparison during day and night to narrow down which one to choose from. Sometimes the expensive ones don't actually have as good video quality. But they have more features instead, if that's what you prefer.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2024, 02:51 PM   #19469
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,868 Times in 2,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
WoW how many orange Macans are around... this guy is cooked
i heard on the news the guy knew the kid's name too, wonder if the parents will recognize the car

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-06-2024, 04:58 PM   #19470

Thanked 3,135 Times in 987 Posts
Panel fly's off Alaska Airlines Boeing 737 max 9 after takeoff. Plane is only 10 weeks old.

https://youtu.be/cxPf_ikTAOE?si=LoZVxNlTHsByT281

https://www.cnn.com/business/live-ne...-24/index.html
Old 01-06-2024, 06:04 PM   #19471
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,458 Times in 3,503 Posts
Time to by Boeing stock?
Old 01-07-2024, 12:08 AM   #19472
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,304 Times in 1,446 Posts
Currently in HK, tried to pay with a 1999 HSBC 500 HKD bill and the lady at the 7-11 said it's worth more and I should keep it.

She took my 2003 Standard Chartered 500 HKD bill without an issue.

Anyone got any insight? Or is it just too old to check if real, lmao.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2024, 07:20 AM   #19473
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,136 Times in 1,973 Posts
What would ever compel you to do this? What a shitshow up there!

whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-07-2024, 07:24 AM   #19474
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,836 Times in 1,838 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Ramon HG View Post
Currently in HK, tried to pay with a 1999 HSBC 500 HKD bill and the lady at the 7-11 said it's worth more and I should keep it.

She took my 2003 Standard Chartered 500 HKD bill without an issue.

Anyone got any insight? Or is it just too old to check if real, lmao.
Currently Ebay is showing uncirculated ones going for like 1500 HKD (3x value)
Circulated (yours), only saw one that was like 625 HKD (1.25x value)
Old 01-07-2024, 08:25 AM   #19475
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,552 Times in 1,027 Posts
im guessing most of those are seasons pass holders not daytrippers. they already bought passes and now they need to make use of them, busy or not.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote