REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-27-2024, 12:02 PM   #19801
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,193 Times in 404 Posts
Icbc releases 2023's rejected personalized plates.
The funniest one to me is 'PORSCHE'

Officially rejected due to Intellectual Property grounds, but really, whomever submitted that has trouble counting to six.
Looking over the list, there are a fair amount of people who can't.

Also someone really wanted 'CHINA' or a variant of.
https://icbc.com/about-icbc/newsroom...licence-plates
Advertisement

Last edited by Mikoyan; 01-27-2024 at 12:12 PM.
Mikoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2024, 03:25 PM   #19802
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 2,556 Times in 1,174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
That's basically any car that's parked outside in the PNW.
It was parked inside at night almost all it's life. it was parked outside when my dad went to work though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
You mean a white bmw grand coupe ? Or giant cunt ?
Counterfeit G37 coupe
EvoFire is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-28-2024, 08:11 PM   #19803
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 1,196 Posts
Does anyone know how credit score actually work?

I was just checking it as both me and wife have free credit monitoring. And while mine was always modest... like in the mid-high 700s. My wife is at a whopping 88x.

Not like I've been having problems getting anything I need. But I'm wondering what makes the difference between us.

We file taxes together. Our CCs are shared and always paid on time, both with mortgage of some kind and car loans at some point in life.
Old 01-28-2024, 08:55 PM   #19804
in the butt

Thanked 3,426 Times in 1,250 Posts
I dont think anyone knows how that shit actually works.....

It is strange that yours is so much lower, if everything is shared.
Did you cancel any old personal CCs recently? Open/close any form of accounts? Heloc? Etc?

Mine is usually quite high, but anytime i buy, remortgage, or sell a property it drops by 100-200 points, as it should

One time my credit dropped by 180 points out of the blue, so i went down the rabbit hole of contacting the credit bureau report people (equifax / transunion i think, this was years ago). And after wasting several hours talking / emailing people, noone could tell me the reason. Also the reports they provide is like deciphering a scroll from the 19th century unless your trained in credit reports

If you find out why, report back

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by Badhobz
this guy is the embodiment of a cross cab owner.
donk. is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-29-2024, 06:16 AM   #19805
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 9,458 Times in 3,409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
Does anyone know how credit score actually work?

I was just checking it as both me and wife have free credit monitoring. And while mine was always modest... like in the mid-high 700s. My wife is at a whopping 88x.

Not like I've been having problems getting anything I need. But I'm wondering what makes the difference between us.

We file taxes together. Our CCs are shared and always paid on time, both with mortgage of some kind and car loans at some point in life.
i think it depends on how much % of your credit you are utilizing and if youre payments are on time or not. So if you messed up one or two payments accidently it'll reflect badly in your credit score for that month or two.

Also if you dont utilize your credit at all (no creditcard debt, no mortgage, no car payment, etc) then it also goes down.

Some of the most broke ass chinamen i know who are living pay cheque to paycheque got 850 on their credit score because they always make payments on time. (my parents for example)
Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 06:25 AM   #19806
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,836 Times in 1,838 Posts
Also there are two systems, Equifax and Transunion. Both of which are used by different financial institutions for credit checks. Thus those scores will differ as well.
Old 01-29-2024, 06:31 AM   #19807
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,253 Times in 516 Posts
How long before credit is back to "normal" after someone finishes with debt consolidation? 6 months? 1 year? 2? 5?
SSM_DC5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 07:09 AM   #19808
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,559 Times in 1,030 Posts
i think my score is about 850 which is considered high. doesn't mean you're rich or smart, just means you had a lot of credit products throughout your life and always paid on time.

it's like a measure of trust. you could be a trustworthy person but unless you're regularly put into a position of trust and never disappoint, then how could anyone know you're trustworthy? the more times you're tested and succeed the higher your score is. at least thats how it works in my head! i don't know the fine details of it.
unit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 07:23 AM   #19809
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,139 Times in 1,975 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by donk. View Post
I dont think anyone knows how that shit actually works.....
This is so true ... 100% when I read it !! It's some weird mix of credit card, parking tickets (if it goes to collecting agency), loans, rental, mortgage, bank history, in some witches brew and a number comes up. I don't even know if a high number is good or a low one ...

I think Equifax and whatever Credit Score company is behind data breaches of banks and credit cards. They break in ... then there is a report of data breach of your credit card or bank, then they 'gift' you a year of this shitty service at Equifax for free.
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 09:46 AM   #19810
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 2,556 Times in 1,174 Posts
I was up in the 880 before until we bought a house. Then it dropped to something like 790. I don't care anymore since I have no big purchases coming up.

But yeah the typical answer of debt load, total available lines, repayment, deliquencies, queries. There was a story from a friend that a person went to look at a car at Applewood, and they did half a dozen hard queries on his credit despite not even seriously looking and it tanked their credit score.

My wife fucked up a few years ago when she had $30 on her US credit card that she forgot for a few months and it dragged her score down to the 600's. She couldn't even get the Costco Mastercard when they swapped from AE to MC as her credit score was too low and Capital One won't approve her.
EvoFire is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-29-2024, 10:33 AM   #19811
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,608 Times in 4,316 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSM_DC5 View Post
How long before credit is back to "normal" after someone finishes with debt consolidation? 6 months? 1 year? 2? 5?
7 years is when its clear on your credit file
murd0c is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-29-2024, 11:23 AM   #19812
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 1,196 Posts
Quote:
i think it depends on how much % of your credit you are utilizing and if youre payments are on time or not. So if you messed up one or two payments accidently it'll reflect badly in your credit score for that month or two.

Also if you dont utilize your credit at all (no creditcard debt, no mortgage, no car payment, etc) then it also goes down.

Some of the most broke ass chinamen i know who are living pay cheque to paycheque got 850 on their credit score because they always make payments on time. (my parents for example)
mhh... now to think of it, I did apply for an AMEX Platinum (thinking that they are like their US counterparts with no FX fee but in CAD, already have the US one for business). When I got the card and noticed that the feature I wanted wasn't listed. I just canceled it. Maybe that's what's up.

No wonder the constant "you've been pre-approved for a credit limit increase" msg on my bank account suddenly went away.

But I don't think it's the amount of credit that one has access to though. RBC fucked up once. My wife has this RBC Visa under her that we never use other than some RBC visa promo, one day they called about a new fancier CC along with points AND *credit limit increase*, and my wife just said... "I don't need it, but sure. Points are good". And it went from a modest 10k limit to a whopping 150k. My wife actually had to call back to have it brought back down again to prevent any potential fraud.
Old 01-29-2024, 02:50 PM   #19813
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Anyone know If you buy a car in alberta from a dealer and pay GST, how much PST you pay when you bring it to BC?
noclue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 03:12 PM   #19814

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
mhh... now to think of it, I did apply for an AMEX Platinum (thinking that they are like their US counterparts with no FX fee but in CAD, already have the US one for business). When I got the card and noticed that the feature I wanted wasn't listed. I just canceled it. Maybe that's what's up.

No wonder the constant "you've been pre-approved for a credit limit increase" msg on my bank account suddenly went away.

But I don't think it's the amount of credit that one has access to though. RBC fucked up once. My wife has this RBC Visa under her that we never use other than some RBC visa promo, one day they called about a new fancier CC along with points AND *credit limit increase*, and my wife just said... "I don't need it, but sure. Points are good". And it went from a modest 10k limit to a whopping 150k. My wife actually had to call back to have it brought back down again to prevent any potential fraud.
Yeah Canadian Amex plat is garbage compared to the American ones. And the points don’t always transfer to their respective program 1-1 so you sometimes get fucked.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-30-2024, 08:32 AM   #19815
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 9,082 Times in 3,950 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoFire View Post
Fuck frameless coupe doors.
Whaaaaat, I love my boneless doors.

Except when some dummy tries to close it by pushing on the glass.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-30-2024, 08:49 AM   #19816
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,117 Times in 5,367 Posts
Glass closers and people who close/lift trunks by the spoiler are the same devil spawn...

I will sometimes place my fingertips on my MR2's spoiler to close the trunk, but I know to have a delicate touch and the trunk clicks easily closed... I once saw a girl I dropped off at the airport hand smash my trunk down by the spoiler with both her hands... she still breathes to this day, but she's dead to me.
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-30-2024, 09:18 AM   #19817

DESTROY HER! (in da butt)
Old 01-30-2024, 09:19 AM   #19818
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,431 Times in 2,581 Posts
While we're on the subject, one time I drove a girl out to Spanish Banks after a lunch date in the Miata. She wanted to pose for a photo with my car, and proceeded to rest her bottom against the front fender while striking a pose. She was wearing jeans at the time, and I literally cringed and froze for a split second. Then I mentioned something else to distract her so that she would get her butt off my car, and I wrapped it up fairly soon and dropped her off.

Naturally, I didn't have another date with this girl.
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-30-2024, 09:36 AM   #19819
Performance Moderator

What a weird thing to ask on a first date "Can you take a picture of me with your car?" lol
Old 01-30-2024, 09:38 AM   #19820
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,956 Times in 4,487 Posts
Badhobz and I are both 100% positive this happens to you on a daily basis, 68style. With or without car.
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-30-2024, 09:39 AM   #19821
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,589 Times in 5,778 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
What a weird thing to ask on a first date "Can you take a picture of me with your car?" lol
Bra it’s a miata, the definition of a panty dropper
Old 01-30-2024, 09:55 AM   #19822

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
Naturally, I didn't have another date with this girl.
was she hot tho!?

a few scratches on a miata aint a thang if she looks like Margot Robbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
Badhobz and I are both 100% positive this happens to you on a daily basis, 68style. With or without car.
yeh fuck you 69stylez

dont make me pull out that MS paint B-Line drawing... i still have it somewhere.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-30-2024, 10:18 AM   #19823
Performance Moderator

It's not my fault I don't have STRANGER DANGER stamped on my forehead like you guys
This post thanked by:
Old 01-30-2024, 10:43 AM   #19824
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,956 Times in 4,487 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
It's not my fault I don't have STRANGER DANGER stamped on my forehead like you guys
Suspicious Asians on the street = Danger
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-30-2024, 10:57 AM   #19825
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,431 Times in 2,581 Posts
Quote:
was she hot tho!?

a few scratches on a miata aint a thang if she looks like Margot Robbie
She was a very shapely lady, but she was wearing jeans -- the type that has those tiny metal buttons / rivets on the pants pockets! I swear I was expecting dents from the rivet / button into the fender when I checked it afterwards, thankfully, there were only some barely visible scuff marks against the clearcoat and they buffed out.
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote