REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-03-2024, 06:39 PM   #21776
RS Veteran

Thanked 11,349 Times in 4,655 Posts
Failed 435 Times in 278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.V.M. View Post
there's an option to do that on the prepay page.
Good to know. I'll keep that in mind for next time.

I went through a somewhat similar ordeal with DHL a month or two ago, except I was completely okay and expected the delivery via DHL and to deal with their brokerage. There were a lot of stupid forms to fill out, some of which were flat out stupid, as the shipper had already completed them. Cost for brokerage was reasonable, and was only charged GST. I'll opt to declare it myself next time around.

The only delay was because of the looming CBSA strike. They hold on to the package and wouldn't release it until the day their contracts were ratified.
Advertisement
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2024, 07:04 PM   #21777
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,626 Times in 1,769 Posts
Failed 693 Times in 217 Posts
The Official No Need To Start a New Thread, Thread

Who said golf is a non contact sport?

A fight between a group of golfers at Riverway in Burnaby.

https://youtu.be/28D8HvA4WaU?feature=shared

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by pastarocket; 07-04-2024 at 07:10 AM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-03-2024, 07:45 PM   #21778
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,870 Times in 5,920 Posts
Failed 2,053 Times in 684 Posts
Don’t know who’s right or wrong, but if you’re constantly being hit up on, let the group behind you play through

People are generally oblivious to basic etiquette on the course these days and it’s only getting worse
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-03-2024, 07:59 PM   #21779
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,996 Times in 7,423 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
I don't believe for a second on a day of a long weekend the guys getting hit up on had anywhere to go. I've been hit into a few times when I had to wait every hole for the group ahead. All playing through is going to do is give me the opportunity to hit into you for the next 10 holes. Burnaby courses are the worst I've encountered too. I swear last time I played at burnaby mountain it was a 6 hour round. Fucking terrible place to spend that much time.
If someone hits into me more than once I'm teeing it up and hitting it right back.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2024, 08:53 PM   #21780

The city courses are the worst, yes
Old 07-04-2024, 05:19 AM   #21781
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 4,764 Times in 826 Posts
Failed 883 Times in 161 Posts
automatically thinking the group in front of you is the problem is retarded. it doesn't say anywhere that they were the slow group.
Old 07-04-2024, 07:30 AM   #21782
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,081 Times in 2,097 Posts
Failed 215 Times in 113 Posts
I played with my son the other day and the course was ahead of schedule. I go to get some practice putts in, the Marshall confirms our tee time and says we’re up already. The first hole is a par 5 and the group ahead of us is already on the green. We got paired up with some older gals, one of which was just beginning, so already I’m like uh-oh.

The boy hits an ok tee shot, maybe 80-90 yards. The beginner lady duffs her first and hits another. Let’s just say it took a while to get near the green, I look back and there’s a threesome behind us all leaning on their clubs in that classic impatient style. I tell the boy we gotta hurry up so now I’m in his head and he proceeds to whiff 4-5 times in a row. He’s never missed that many in a row before. Gulp.

We get to the green and his first putt goes 3’ past the hole. I tell him it’s good and to pick it up. He doesn’t like that. He wants to sink it but agrees. Fast forward to the 3rd hole which is a long difficult par 5 and these ladies see someone they know and decide to chat for a minute or two. Now I’m like fuck. We get half way down the fairway and the Marshall is heading our way in a cart. Obviously he asks us to hurry it up and I’m sure he’s thinking it’s my son’s fault that we’re behind. He’s part of the reason but we normally don’t slow anyone down.

2 holes later the group behind us lands one maybe 6-8’ away from the green while we’re putting. Well that changed everything for me. No more asking him to pick up his ball. We played every shot, high fived after he sunk a 12’ putt on the last hole and did not rush our handshakes at the end.

I don’t like slowing anyone down and am normally the person encouraging everyone to speed things up if we’re not keeping up well with the group ahead. But if you’re in a threesome playing behind a group where 2 players are clearly learning, have some patience and don’t come close to hitting a 9 year old. Especially when the course is ahead of schedule, not behind. /rant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2024, 07:51 AM   #21783

Imo some courses are not “learning” courses either.

Guildford on a Wednesday afternoon, sure, I’ll give a group ahead some slack if they are clearly new to the game

Playing a Morgan, northview, etc. on a Saturday morning, that isn’t a place/time for learning.

There is a certain demographic you run into on the course that is obvious to pace of play or letting people play through, typically using umbrellas and push carts. Eventually if you’re so oblivious to your slow play, I’ll start hitting up on you, it’s ignorant and a lot of courses could do better to manage these groups.

Sucks that your Son wasn’t the problem Punkwax when marshals should be able to identify that given who is in your group. I’m never not playing “ready golf” regardless of the course I’m on
Old 07-04-2024, 08:05 AM   #21784
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,323 Times in 2,077 Posts
Failed 296 Times in 140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.V.M. View Post
automatically thinking the group in front of you is the problem is retarded. it doesn't say anywhere that they were the slow group.
99% this is the case, I mean, if everything is moving along, what conflict would you have with a group way ahead of you. It's not like you're talking to them in any way.

Excessively slow groups ahead is hella annoying. I mean if you're a beginner group, play where you play the best shot in the group. Move things along. You don't have to hit every shot to get it in the hole. But in the case where you are mixed with 2 people you don't know ... ?? Wonder if the guy behind the counter can match people in similar levels?

Golf courses also book groups in pretty tight ... they wanna make as much money in fees ... what is the usual time difference between groups?
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2024, 08:05 AM   #21785
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,935 Times in 1,344 Posts
Failed 58 Times in 33 Posts
Golfing sounds so stressful.... I'm gonna stick with trackdays.
EvoFire is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-04-2024, 08:13 AM   #21786
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,081 Times in 2,097 Posts
Failed 215 Times in 113 Posts
Ya as I was typing par 5s I figured some might think he might not be ready for that yet but it’s a fairly “easy” course aside from the 3rd which is a long par 5. He doesn’t slow the group down and people are usually super impressed with his pace of play. He has so much energy he’ll whack it anywhere between 50-100 yards on the fairway, run up and hit it again lol

He tagged one on the first tee box last week maybe 125 yards and he’s a super tiny kid. He basically got a standing ovation from all the folks on the patio. He’s still talking about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-04-2024, 08:17 AM   #21787
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,597 Times in 2,543 Posts
Failed 434 Times in 126 Posts
This kind of on-course BS is why I've always been hesitant to try golf lol.

I'll stick to the driving range and One Under.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2024, 08:24 AM   #21788
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,694 Times in 1,352 Posts
Failed 140 Times in 79 Posts
Doesn't help it's been fucking near impossible to book a decent tee time on a public course in the Lower Mainland since COVID. Used to be able to book a week before and roll up on any given Sunday and be done in 5hrs pre-2019. Now every joe blow and their grandmother wants to get into it so you've 10 min headways and a dangerous combo of clueless and pissed regulars these days.

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-04-2024, 08:38 AM   #21789

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicBlues View Post
Doesn't help it's been fucking near impossible to book a decent tee time on a public course in the Lower Mainland since COVID. Used to be able to book a week before and roll up on any given Sunday and be done in 5hrs pre-2019. Now every joe blow and their grandmother wants to get into it so you've 10 min headways and a dangerous combo of clueless and pissed regulars these days.
There has to be some BS given preference to regulars at the Burnaby courses, I’ve all but given up trying

Booking tee times 3 days out or whatever their standard is, I’ve spent hours at work on hold a few different times now with zero luck, only to phone back at like 10am and they offer me a time for a pair at 7pm..

People must either have an in, or are booking them ahead of time which is BS.
Old 07-04-2024, 08:38 AM   #21790

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
99% this is the case, I mean, if everything is moving along, what conflict would you have with a group way ahead of you. It's not like you're talking to them in any way.

Excessively slow groups ahead is hella annoying. I mean if you're a beginner group, play where you play the best shot in the group. Move things along. You don't have to hit every shot to get it in the hole. But in the case where you are mixed with 2 people you don't know ... ?? Wonder if the guy behind the counter can match people in similar levels?

Golf courses also book groups in pretty tight ... they wanna make as much money in fees ... what is the usual time difference between groups?
Seems like most times are spaced 6-8 minutes now, if that
Old 07-04-2024, 08:43 AM   #21791

yah ... that's what I thought. 8 mins is not a lot of time. Maybe golf course is setting things for conflicts.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-04-2024, 09:00 AM   #21792
linguistic ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
There has to be some BS given preference to regulars at the Burnaby courses, I’ve all but given up trying

Booking tee times 3 days out or whatever their standard is, I’ve spent hours at work on hold a few different times now with zero luck, only to phone back at like 10am and they offer me a time for a pair at 7pm..

Yeah and I refuse to pay for my entire party's green fees in advance like 2 weeks ahead of time. That's BS...sorry.

That or it's bots doing all the bookings.

This post thanked by:
Old 07-04-2024, 09:01 AM   #21793

Recreational golfing is for over the hill, pot belly men who can't do any other 'sport'.

With a serving of Badhobz sarcasm thrown in above ... kinda.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-04-2024, 09:19 AM   #21794
linguistic ninja

I mean I never considered it a real sport, just a nice day out with family and friends really. You'd be surprised at the public courses in the summer it's full of dude bros and youngish-middle aged Asians. Lot of seniors too but not many with pot-bellies.

This post thanked by:
Old 07-04-2024, 09:47 AM   #21795
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,780 Times in 1,117 Posts
Failed 152 Times in 75 Posts
my dads friends who are retired golf like 200+ days a year.. just a way to keep themselves busy and active.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2024, 09:56 AM   #21796

It’s a different place to drink.
Old 07-04-2024, 10:22 AM   #21797
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,958 Times in 2,581 Posts
Failed 102 Times in 64 Posts
that's why when i golfed i played smaller exec courses and go bright and early where it's usually old retired seniors that are patient, relaxed and nice and let people play their game.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2024, 10:34 AM   #21798
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,966 Times in 5,664 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
Haha these peeps are the same ones who think they need to police traffic for the police... let the marshall know there's an issue or let the marshall handle it. No need to drop balls in on people.

Some fucker drops a ball near me and a marshall hasn't said anything or they didn't even talk to us at all, I'm picking that ball up and hail marying it into the nearest water body.
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-04-2024, 11:31 AM   #21799
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,515 Times in 963 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 72 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Ya as I was typing par 5s I figured some might think he might not be ready for that yet but it’s a fairly “easy” course aside from the 3rd which is a long par 5. He doesn’t slow the group down and people are usually super impressed with his pace of play. He has so much energy he’ll whack it anywhere between 50-100 yards on the fairway, run up and hit it again lol

He tagged one on the first tee box last week maybe 125 yards and he’s a super tiny kid. He basically got a standing ovation from all the folks on the patio. He’s still talking about it
Is this riverway. Where you're teeing driver 90 yards to the bush to the right. 150 yards past fairway bunkers into lumpy hills.

Leaving 200+ out to carry ravine onto green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post

There's a few backdoors / tricks, I've able to play 1-2x Burnaby muni tee times every week for the last 1.5 years.

- Bot that emails us when anything is posted mid-day
- Bot that Autobooks within a parameter (finicky with their new bot protection + advanced booking fee)
- Maplestory PQ days let me snag the time drops at 12PM
- A few mutual friend golf groups that post tee times looking for +1 or 2's
- If you have friends working at pro-shop, backdoor any time.
- Old folks that randomly que up with us buy tee times from botters on wechat

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicBlues View Post
I mean I never considered it a real sport, just a nice day out with family and friends really. You'd be surprised at the public courses in the summer it's full of dude bros and youngish-middle aged Asians. Lot of seniors too but not many with pot-bellies.
Golf is huge, go to any driving range and it's 80-99% under 30 year olds after 5PM

On the course is a different storey, maybe 20-40% are young asian bros, mostly koreans. Nothing more terrifying than seniors hitting it 100 -150 yards straight and tailing your ass.

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]

Last edited by Gerbs; 07-04-2024 at 11:39 AM.
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-04-2024, 11:53 AM   #21800

That’s all bullshit for public courses, they should audit them and revamp the entire system.