REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-12-2024, 05:57 AM   #22351
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 10,143 Times in 3,631 Posts
Failed 468 Times in 233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicBlues View Post
Not shitty best friend behavior

It's shitty human behavior...anyways Mark should have come up with an excuse earlier if he didn't wanna go to a shitty kids party lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by winson604 View Post
It sounds like this may be typical Mark behavior and when it happened shouldn't have shocked anyone. If I'm wrong and this was very unlike Mark I'd just chalk it up to him having a reason for example he had to leave in a hurry and may have had a lot on his plate dealing up shit last minute and it just slipped his mind to let John know. Either situation I'd just be like ah wells whatever. Even if it was a situation where I needed firm headcounts ahead of time because you had to lay per head for something I.e. laser tag and bnw I'm out money I'd still be like yea whatever.
this is the only correct answer here

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastpuff View Post
That's some kind of shitty best friend if you ghost your friend like that
wow you guys are sensitive. This john guy seems like a little bitch and then to go and cry about it to his wife and peanutty (who cant keep anything under wraps) like its some sort of a big deal, jesus christ.... did eveyone all grow vaginas?

You just laugh it off, call him a fucking douchebag and a faggot, and then move on. The guy DID CALL while at the airport to say OOPSIE, fuck you and your kid, but whatever im out. This sterotypical guy behavior.

next time you see him, you give him a tap in the nuts as a reminder
Advertisement
Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-12-2024, 06:54 AM   #22352
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,282 Times in 2,054 Posts
Failed 295 Times in 139 Posts
It's a Friggin bday party for a 2 yo ... guy didn't miss his father's bedside death because he was on a holiday. Just stop and think about how important that is in the bigger picture of things in the world.
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-12-2024, 07:05 AM   #22353
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,870 Times in 5,631 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
I remember taking my niece and nephew to these godawful things sometimes when my sister conned me into it.

I literally had a moment where I was standing in a circle with a bunch of actual dads not a fake dad like me... and, no word of a lie, they were talking about which minivans were the best and they asked me what I drive and I said "a sports car, those kids are my sister's not mine lol" and they all looked really, really sad.

The stupid part about peanutty's situation is that the point was for the kid's birthday... but the kid won't ever remember it lol
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-12-2024, 07:11 AM   #22354

if was a father, id chase you out of that fathers circle you imposter!

how dare you come and not share experiences about child rearing and minivan ownership. get outta here with your full head of hair and swagger in your step.
Old 08-12-2024, 07:23 AM   #22355
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,282 Times in 2,054 Posts
Failed 295 Times in 139 Posts
When I had a 2 yo, attending those were friggin painful as hell. I rather get the Chinese water torture for 2 hours. Now I hear they are worst, just opportunities for parents to flex. "Come to my angel's 2 yo party at the Arbutus Club ..." GTFO of here. Then you'd have to think of a present/gift for the 2 yo. If I had elementary kids now, I'd try to catch Covid on purpose just to miss those damn bday parties.
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-12-2024, 07:23 AM   #22356
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,642 Times in 1,144 Posts
Failed 56 Times in 22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutButter View Post
Hey, how open are you guys with your best friend/s?

We went to a kids birthday party (2y.o). If you've never been to a kids birthday before, it's not the most fun. It's a bunch of kids running around, crying, and most of the parents are not around because they're shadowing their kids.

Anyway, the host's best friend, Mark didn't show up even though he confirmed prior. Mark messaged John (the host) around 8pm tonight saying he was on a plane and apologized for not showing up. John was a little perturbed because Mark didn't tell him he was going on vacation and Mark didn't give him a heads up he wasn't coming.

Would any of you communicate this frustration with your best friend? If it were me, I'd probably just let it go, but the wife said John should just tell Mark how he's feeling.
I feel like I'm missing some information - does Mark have kids who were going to come to the party? Was Mark on his way out to a vacation or on his way back (and was delayed)?

If I had invited a close friend to my kids birthday party and they had kids then I'd expect the courtesy of knowing fairly well in advance that they weren't coming as I would have prepared things for their kids (goodie bags, ordered food for them) or my kid was expecting their kids. If they don't have kids and were invited b/c they're like an "uncle" then last minute notice is probably fine.
Old 08-12-2024, 07:34 AM   #22357
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,081 Times in 2,097 Posts
Failed 215 Times in 113 Posts
^this. If Mark’s kid was supposed to attend, give them the heads up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2024, 07:41 AM   #22358
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,945 Times in 1,818 Posts
Failed 184 Times in 99 Posts
That's what I was going to ask, like does this dude have kids of his own that were supposed to come, or is just a single guy? If it was the latter, i wouldn't have even invited the guy unless he was like the kid's Godfather or something, let alone being upset he didn't show up.

Years ago I went to a first communion party for the kids of my wife's second cousins (or something along those lines, can't remember the exact familial relationship). It was funny because the party seemed more for the dad and his buddies than for the kid. For food the dad did a freaking pig roast...
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2024, 07:57 AM   #22359
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,945 Times in 1,818 Posts
Failed 184 Times in 99 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
they were talking about which minivans were the best and they asked me what I drive and I said "a sports car, those kids are my sister's not mine lol" and they all looked really, really sad.
Lol: https://www.revscene.net/forums/7018...ivans-ugh.html
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2024, 08:21 AM   #22360
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,907 Times in 770 Posts
Failed 407 Times in 108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by winson604 View Post
It sounds like this may be typical Mark behavior and when it happened shouldn't have shocked anyone. If I'm wrong and this was very unlike Mark I'd just chalk it up to him having a reason for example he had to leave in a hurry and may have had a lot on his plate dealing up shit last minute and it just slipped his mind to let John know. Either situation I'd just be like ah wells whatever. Even if it was a situation where I needed firm headcounts ahead of time because you had to lay per head for something I.e. laser tag and bnw I'm out money I'd still be like yea whatever.
Damn, you nailed it on the head with Mark. Typical behavior of him. I guess because he's John's best friend. John wanted a heads up at least. That's the tough part of having a "best" friend who's flaky. You should expect he's going to be flaky. Can't change a best friend at our age.

Mark didn't give him a reason why he didn't show up, he just said he's now departing on a plane on a vacation.

Also, Mark had a kid that was supposed to be there.

@badhobz, you're not wrong. I feel like your response is the right response generally, but I think it hits different when it's supposed to be your closest buddy.
PeanutButter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2024, 08:46 AM   #22361

Quote:
Mark didn't give him a reason why he didn't show up, he just said he's now departing on a plane on a vacation.

It was a dick move then especially if your friend's kid was looking forward to seeing this guy's kid.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-12-2024, 08:58 AM   #22362
RS Veteran

Thanked 11,282 Times in 4,632 Posts
Failed 432 Times in 276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
When I had a 2 yo, attending those were friggin painful as hell. I rather get the Chinese water torture for 2 hours.
Wow, brutal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
excuse me, i would never date a mainlander... thats disgusting.
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2024, 09:09 AM   #22363

Quote:
Damn, you nailed it on the head with Mark. Typical behavior of him. I guess because he's John's best friend. John wanted a heads up at least. That's the tough part of having a "best" friend who's flaky. You should expect he's going to be flaky. Can't change a best friend at our age.

@badhobz, you're not wrong. I feel like your response is the right response generally, but I think it hits different when it's supposed to be your closest buddy.
Well if its typical Mark behavior then nobody should be surprised or mad. But a dick move nevertheless.

Especially breaking promises to his kid but then again its a 2 year old, so who cares.

IM more interested in how you are involved in this dynamic? did you attend the kids birthday party with your own kids? was it lavish? did you throw cake at John?

did john pull you aside and was like
CHING CHONG LING LONG CHING CHONG LONG LING TING TONG!

Translation below:
"yo nutty, let me rap to you my bro. so here's the 411, dis mark guy like straight up ghosted me dawg. the bitch holla at me while fly fly and was like niggah i aint gonna make it yo PEACE"
This post thanked by:
Old 08-12-2024, 09:18 AM   #22364
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,877 Times in 1,315 Posts
Failed 58 Times in 33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
That's what I was going to ask, like does this dude have kids of his own that were supposed to come, or is just a single guy? If it was the latter, i wouldn't have even invited the guy unless he was like the kid's Godfather or something, let alone being upset he didn't show up.

Years ago I went to a first communion party for the kids of my wife's second cousins (or something along those lines, can't remember the exact familial relationship). It was funny because the party seemed more for the dad and his buddies than for the kid. For food the dad did a freaking pig roast...
Quote:
Originally Posted by supafamous View Post
I feel like I'm missing some information - does Mark have kids who were going to come to the party? Was Mark on his way out to a vacation or on his way back (and was delayed)?

If I had invited a close friend to my kids birthday party and they had kids then I'd expect the courtesy of knowing fairly well in advance that they weren't coming as I would have prepared things for their kids (goodie bags, ordered food for them) or my kid was expecting their kids. If they don't have kids and were invited b/c they're like an "uncle" then last minute notice is probably fine.
Quote:

So all those. If their kid was expected by your kids, and since the dads are best buds I'd assume the kids see each other a lot, that's kind of shitty for the kid. Yes there's not much going on with 2yo, but they slowly build it up. My 19 month old would come home and tell us about little things that happen at daycare with her friends. Sure there's not much info but when we attended a birthday party with the daycare kids they do interact a lot and recognize each other. They do have their likes and dislikes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
I remember taking my niece and nephew to these godawful things sometimes when my sister conned me into it.

I literally had a moment where I was standing in a circle with a bunch of actual dads not a fake dad like me... and, no word of a lie, they were talking about which minivans were the best and they asked me what I drive and I said "a sports car, those kids are my sister's not mine lol" and they all looked really, really sad.

The stupid part about peanutty's situation is that the point was for the kid's birthday... but the kid won't ever remember it lol
Those dads just don't have balls if the sports cars made them sad
Everyone needs a car and even if you can't get a 2 door you can always get something fun with 4 doors, I have my M3, there's WRX, GTI, CTR on the "lower end" and then there are AMG, Audi RS, and if the kids are a little older, you can pack them in a 911.

There are two distinct groups of dads that I see regularly. There's an "Asian" crew which are actually a bunch of moms who hung out because our first kids were all within 6 months of each other. 3/5 of the dads are car guys, I have my M3, one has a Z4M, the last one has a 996T right now. We got on drives and we talk about which school bus to get (TMY, TMY, and our X5)

The other group are the daycare dads who we end up seeing a lot because everyone gets invited to everyone's bday parties. They don't care about cars. One is big into cycling, one is into arts, one travels a lot.
EvoFire is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-12-2024, 09:24 AM   #22365
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,366 Times in 461 Posts
Failed 57 Times in 15 Posts
From X3M, Model Y, R1S, 4XE, Hummer EVs, I feel like there are practical ways to have fun.

That said, there are a few dads at my office who stuffed front AND rear facing seats in M4, A5, and Mustang convertible - it's doable as long as you're out of stroller territory.

Past:
- '09 Ducati Monster 696 "Ketchup"
- '20 Dodge Charger R/T 5.7
- '20 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
- '04 Acura TL 6MT
- 🛴 Lime Scooter 🛴
- '16 Golf 1.8T
- '09 MB E63 AMG
- '06 Honda Accord V6[/SIZE]
AstulzerRZD is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-12-2024, 09:43 AM   #22366

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoFire View Post
Everyone needs a car and even if you can't get a 2 door you can always get something fun with 4 doors, I have my M3, there's WRX, GTI, CTR on the "lower end" and then there are AMG, Audi RS, and if the kids are a little older, you can pack them in a 911.

There are two distinct groups of dads that I see regularly. There's an "Asian" crew which are actually a bunch of moms who hung out because our first kids were all within 6 months of each other. 3/5 of the dads are car guys, I have my M3, one has a Z4M, the last one has a 996T right now. We got on drives and we talk about which school bus to get (TMY, TMY, and our X5)

The other group are the daycare dads who we end up seeing a lot because everyone gets invited to everyone's bday parties. They don't care about cars. One is big into cycling, one is into arts, one travels a lot.
LOL, I feel attacked.

While I have the funds I just can't justify the spend on a second car that will hardly get driven. I WFH and my weekends are commanded by my kid and I'd just rather do family stuff or spend my money on other things (like building a deck and redoing our patio)

I'm not far away from retirement (~6 years) so I'm just forcing myself to be patient till I have the free time.
Old 08-12-2024, 09:54 AM   #22367

Quote:
Well if its typical Mark behavior then nobody should be surprised or mad. But a dick move nevertheless.

Especially breaking promises to his kid but then again its a 2 year old, so who cares.

IM more interested in how you are involved in this dynamic? did you attend the kids birthday party with your own kids? was it lavish? did you throw cake at John?

did john pull you aside and was like
CHING CHONG LING LONG CHING CHONG LONG LING TING TONG!

Translation below:
"yo nutty, let me rap to you my bro. so here's the 411, dis mark guy like straight up ghosted me dawg. the bitch holla at me while fly fly and was like niggah i aint gonna make it yo PEACE"
lol, you crack me up badhobz. It's more funny because the guys here say you're like this in person too. Which is a little scary...

John's in the same whatsapp group as me and a couple other dads, so he brought it up, probably just wanted to get it off his chest.
Old 08-12-2024, 09:56 AM   #22368
RS Veteran

Thanked 11,282 Times in 4,632 Posts
Failed 432 Times in 276 Posts
TIL: Badhobz can rap, throwing down dis tracks like nobody's business.
Quote:
excuse me, i would never date a mainlander... thats disgusting.
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2024, 09:56 AM   #22369

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoFire View Post

So one of my friends told me he wanted to get a Miata because it's such a good car. He said he's seen reviews and everyone says it's a fun car to drive and he test drove it and said it's so much fun....

I just laughed at him. I mean, I don't know anything about Miata's, but would any of you drive one? I feel like it's a girls car.

Even if it is a good car, I don't think I could handle driving one. I guess i'm too vain.
Old 08-12-2024, 10:01 AM   #22370

Quote:
LOL, I feel attacked.

While I have the funds I just can't justify the spend on a second car that will hardly get driven. I WFH and my weekends are commanded by my kid and I'd just rather do family stuff or spend my money on other things (like building a deck and redoing our patio)

I'm not far away from retirement (~6 years) so I'm just forcing myself to be patient till I have the free time.
Well I mean if your balls are in.........

I thought you were thinking of buying a Boxster or something. If you have a fun 4 seat, you can always take that on the weekends instead.
Old 08-12-2024, 10:12 AM   #22371
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 6,538 Times in 2,639 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 139 Posts
Quote:
LOL, I feel attacked.

Now I feel attacked bcos I haven't been able to touch my fun car at all for 2+ weeks during prime summer time LOL~ And I've really been craving to drive it almost every frickin day in the last 2 weeks, but I just couldn't find the time or opportunity to do so.

Quote:
So one of my friends told me he wanted to get a Miata because it's such a good car. He said he's seen reviews and everyone says it's a fun car to drive and he test drove it and said it's so much fun....

I just laughed at him. I mean, I don't know anything about Miata's, but would any of you drive one? I feel like it's a girls car.

Even if it is a good car, I don't think I could handle driving one. I guess i'm too vain.
MIATA is always the answer! Unless you need power -- in which case you either FI it, or drop a big honking V8 into it.

Tell your friend to join the "Vancouver Miatas" group on Failbook and get him hooked! IMO, NC continues to be the best bang for the buck at this point, but the best ones are the ND2 right now.

Gosh I miss my Miata everyday...
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-12-2024, 10:18 AM   #22372
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,870 Times in 5,631 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
Quote:

Terrible take, fantastic cars in almost very respect except a drag race
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-12-2024, 10:19 AM   #22373

Quote:

ive only seen men drive miatas. I dont think women drive these anymore because 1) its not cheap 2) its small and not practical

asian women all seem to not want to ruin their hair by having a miata induced blow out, so youre limited to a few younger white girls who are still limber enough to fold into a small sports car.

miata's are manly nowadays.....man.

p.s. this is a car forum right? youre gonna catch a LOT of flak for saying anything anti miata.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-12-2024, 10:32 AM   #22374

Quote:

I had one. NC in gray so basically what Traum posted but gray. Amazing car, drove it to work everyday, top down as much as I can. The only downside was mine had no AC and it was hot when you are stuck in traffic. Otherwise one of the best cars I've owned

Quote:
ive only seen men drive miatas. I dont think women drive these anymore because 1) its not cheap 2) its small and not practical

asian women all seem to not want to ruin their hair by having a miata induced blow out, so youre limited to a few younger white girls who are still limber enough to fold into a small sports car.

miata's are manly nowadays.....man.

p.s. this is a car forum right? youre gonna catch a LOT of flak for saying anything anti miata.
I only know one Asian woman who owns a Miata, she's an empty nester divorcee who went E46 328, F30 328, F32 430, then all of a sudden Miata RF.

The RF isn't a full convertible either, but I saw her on the road before and she does drive it top down.

Otherwise you are right because my wife wasn't HUGE fan of mine. The novelty was cool, great on a hot summer night but it's too hot during the day and too windy on the highway.
Old 08-12-2024, 10:49 AM   #22375
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,915 Times in 1,236 Posts
Failed 45 Times in 25 Posts
If he had a kid that was supposed to be there, then that's even more of a dick move. Wtf Mark.

Quote:

GTFO Revscene, you Miata hater.
roastpuff is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: