REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-10-2024, 07:34 AM   #22726
RS Veteran

Thanked 11,284 Times in 4,634 Posts
Failed 432 Times in 276 Posts
Did you mean Motorola StarTAC? Starlink is Elon Musk's satellite company, you Tesla lover!
Advertisement
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
excuse me, i would never date a mainlander... thats disgusting.
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-10-2024, 07:59 AM   #22727
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 9,257 Times in 4,029 Posts
Failed 427 Times in 225 Posts
I don't even know how old my S10 is but I still don't have any reason to replace it. I know newer stuff technically has better specs but it's not like the old days where it was a noticeable change between models. I have a hard time believing I'd actually feel like there's $2k worth of value from the latest models.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2024, 08:08 AM   #22728
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,285 Times in 2,055 Posts
Failed 295 Times in 139 Posts
This is OG

Or this
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-10-2024, 08:49 AM   #22729
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 10,150 Times in 3,634 Posts
Failed 469 Times in 234 Posts
id rock that at a Michelin star restaurant.

HERROW !? HERROW!? wong ping??? hai ya hai ya..... MICHELIN OOOOO!!!! OKAI BAI
Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2024, 08:55 AM   #22730

Thanked 1,811 Times in 936 Posts
Failed 85 Times in 24 Posts
I live in a complex that has these exterior bollard lights and a couple of the covers are broken and having removed it have found no trace of names, serial numbers or anything helpful to indicate where they came from. What's the easiest way to try and find an exact replacement?

Like these. Sorry not sure why image isn't displaying.

https://www.reliance-foundry.com/wp-...-1-700x817.jpg

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2024, 09:10 AM   #22731
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,940 Times in 2,573 Posts
Failed 101 Times in 63 Posts
if there's no name plate (a metal plate with all the goodies), you can try to check the as-built drawings (if you don't have access to digital copy maybe there's a dusty rolled up set in the main electrical room or other main utility room for your building manager) that has it noted on the lighting schedule. Should also be in an Operations & Maintenance manual.

chances are if your building isn't new (i.e. over 5 years old) that bollard may not be available anymore.

you may then want to snap a pic and take it to a few of the local electrical suppliers or lighting suppliers and see what matches closest. could be tricky to match the lighting colour though.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-10-2024, 09:41 AM   #22732

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
if there's no name plate (a metal plate with all the goodies), you can try to check the as-built drawings (if you don't have access to digital copy maybe there's a dusty rolled up set in the main electrical room or other main utility room for your building manager) that has it noted on the lighting schedule. Should also be in an Operations & Maintenance manual.

chances are if your building isn't new (i.e. over 5 years old) that bollard may not be available anymore.

you may then want to snap a pic and take it to a few of the local electrical suppliers or lighting suppliers and see what matches closest. could be tricky to match the lighting colour though.
Building is 6 years old and judging by the developer I don't expect any drawings of anything left behind lol and will also expect the developer to have just nabbed these from some old stock discount somewhere thus leading to your point of it probably doesn't exist anymore. May have to just go with matching as close as possible. Thanks!

Old 09-10-2024, 10:23 AM   #22733
private modder

Thanked 2,769 Times in 777 Posts
Failed 47 Times in 35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by supafamous View Post
They're moving the flight path further north soon so this dad and daughter activity is going away which will be sad.
I know they were doing consultations but did that officially get approved?
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-10-2024, 11:35 AM   #22734
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,832 Times in 5,900 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by winson604 View Post
Building is 6 years old and judging by the developer I don't expect any drawings of anything left behind lol and will also expect the developer to have just nabbed these from some old stock discount somewhere thus leading to your point of it probably doesn't exist anymore. May have to just go with matching as close as possible. Thanks!
In a lot of the townhome developments we built the developer was the one who got the bollards as opposed to the electrical contractor etc.

Most came in non-descript boxes with Chinese shipping labels, so I think your situation sounds pretty similar, imo if there are no labels anywhere, they MAY be on the inside of the bolllard itself but that involves having the proper key to back off the set screws etc.

Even if you did find a label I have a feeling the odds of finding the same one are slim to nil. That or the only solution to replace the cover is to order a brand new bollard, and the entire units themselves are surprisingly expensive
Old 09-10-2024, 11:43 AM   #22735

I got the call from the shop that the WJ is done. Apparently the bill is $2700 which sounds a bit steep when all I told them to do was the alignment, track bar adjustment and two ball joints. I'm trying not to get too pissed off until I actually see the breakdown but I guess I'm back to having to DIY every stupid little thing because this is something like the 9th shop in town that has given me a ridiculous bill.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Quote:
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Old 09-10-2024, 01:19 PM   #22736
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,725 Posts
Failed 101 Times in 61 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
I don't even know how old my S10 is but I still don't have any reason to replace it. I know newer stuff technically has better specs but it's not like the old days where it was a noticeable change between models. I have a hard time believing I'd actually feel like there's $2k worth of value from the latest models.
I bought the S24 Ultra this year and it's been an amazing phone. Going from the S20 to this was WORLDS apart. Just the camera alone was worth the upgrade and after all the provided discounts, it was super worth the purchase. Even though my gf is an Apple fan, she has to admit that my camera takes much better photos. I highly recommend it!
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2024, 01:26 PM   #22737

Quote:
If you aren't picky about the camera which I doubt you are then yea I hear you. I went from S20 Ultra to S23 Ultra because the deals and bonus discounts were hard to pass up. I gave my son my S20 and I'll still pick it up and play around with and have zero issues with any lag at all that makes it feel like an old dieing phone. The S10 is just 1 year older than the S20 so you're probably good for a little while longer.

This post thanked by:
Old 09-10-2024, 02:39 PM   #22738
RS controls my life!

Failed 64 Times in 21 Posts
I followed the skip the S model when upgrading my iphone and after iphone 12 it just looks the same now. I only got the 15 pro max cause of usb-c to consolidate my cords lol
noclue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2024, 02:44 PM   #22739

i just wish apple would release a foldable iphone. I kinda wanna buy that pixel fold 2 but the entire family is on apple's ecosystem and i cant get out.

Lousy parents will want to Facetime me, spy balloon needs find-my-iphone to track me in case i go to whorehouses, and she air tagged the shit out of all the cars, my wallet, my keys, etc
This post thanked by:
Old 09-10-2024, 03:08 PM   #22740

Precisely why you need a Pixel.

Park car far enough away from whorehouse, leave the iphone in the car, go do your video taping with the Google phone. She won't be able to find you.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-10-2024, 03:13 PM   #22741

Apple will never release a foldable phone because they won’t be able to perfect it.

They aren’t going to release a product that’s going to show a crease overtime like the Samsungs do.
Old 09-10-2024, 03:19 PM   #22742
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,565 Times in 4,934 Posts
Failed 316 Times in 202 Posts
I love Apple's Find My app.

Last year, I was shovelling snow. It was pretty deep. I was listening to Sirius XM via AirPods. In the middle of it, the left pod fell out. White on white, and being so tiny, I could not for the life of me see it. On top of that, my glasses were fucked up. I whip out the phone and ping the AirPod and eventually found it. I love the proximity feature. Zero in on the item to be found. Between the AirTags and the Tiles I have connected to keys and shit, old man with memory issues can find shit pretty quick.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-10-2024, 04:01 PM   #22743

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 View Post
I bought the S24 Ultra this year and it's been an amazing phone. Going from the S20 to this was WORLDS apart. Just the camera alone was worth the upgrade and after all the provided discounts, it was super worth the purchase. Even though my gf is an Apple fan, she has to admit that my camera takes much better photos. I highly recommend it!
Worlds apart in what way? I don't notice any real difference looking at other peoples screens and photos. Certainly not like the junp from the S7 to S10 so it seems like pretty diminishing returns for a heck of a lot more money than phones used to be. If I was a good enough photographer to justify dropping $2k for a better camera I'd buy an actual camera.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-10-2024, 04:48 PM   #22744

Meh.. who wants to lug around a DSLR anymore.

Phones are at the level where you can blow up prints to virtually any size and look amazing. Unless you have photography as a hobby where you’re utilizing the extended features these phones now are more than adequate

I always kinda laugh when friends and family go on trips to places I’ve been and lug around a DSLR then they see the pics hanging on my wall from iPhone 11 and 13 and are like.. why don’t my pictures look like that lol
Old 09-10-2024, 05:44 PM   #22745
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,725 Posts
Failed 101 Times in 61 Posts
Quote:
Worlds apart in what way? I don't notice any real difference looking at other peoples screens and photos. Certainly not like the junp from the S7 to S10 so it seems like pretty diminishing returns for a heck of a lot more money than phones used to be. If I was a good enough photographer to justify dropping $2k for a better camera I'd buy an actual camera.
Going from the S20 5G (non-ultra) to this S24 Ultra was a huge jump imo. Picture and Video quality is crystal clear in comparison. Using 10x zoom on this phone produces incredible detail in photos. I also shot a Youtube video for my friend on his channel and the video/sound quality is high (looked great on my TV). CPU speed and ram of course all increased so my gaming was immediately better. AI features are kinda need for editing, searching info, etc. I have yet to utilize the stylus but there are lots of uses for it apparently. These are just the things off the top of my head. There's definitely way more things I haven't even listed as I'm not a total tech nerd when it comes to getting the max out of a phone like this.

And, I might as well mention, after all the discounts/trade in value the phone was only about $1250. I've loved the phone since I got it. Really wasn't expecting it to be this much better.
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2024, 06:13 PM   #22746

Filming in Dolby vision on the new pro max is also a plus as we watch a lot of Dolby vision on our TV, I’d likely film longer clips to watch on our TV if the format translated as well as it does with stuff like Disney+ etc.
Old 09-10-2024, 06:21 PM   #22747

Honda is right, I think the phones are getting so close to a real camera that it just makes more sense to have 1 device that does it all.

Im making a 24x24 canvas print of my little boy with this iphone 14 shot. It has enough resolution to bin it to 24x24 and im sure it'll turn out decent.

Like if you told me 10 years ago you would be able to get a shot of this quality (and its JPEG, not even HEIC quality that it was taken with) i wouldn't believe you

my only problem is it seems returns are dimmishing with the new phones. I think anything past iphone 12pro its more or less the same thing as the latest and greatest device this year
This post thanked by:
Old 09-10-2024, 06:33 PM   #22748

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 View Post
Going from the S20 5G (non-ultra) to this S24 Ultra was a huge jump imo. Picture and Video quality is crystal clear in comparison. Using 10x zoom on this phone produces incredible detail in photos. I also shot a Youtube video for my friend on his channel and the video/sound quality is high (looked great on my TV). CPU speed and ram of course all increased so my gaming was immediately better. AI features are kinda need for editing, searching info, etc. I have yet to utilize the stylus but there are lots of uses for it apparently. These are just the things off the top of my head. There's definitely way more things I haven't even listed as I'm not a total tech nerd when it comes to getting the max out of a phone like this.

And, I might as well mention, after all the discounts/trade in value the phone was only about $1250. I've loved the phone since I got it. Really wasn't expecting it to be this much better.
For me I don't have any issues with my old phone for any of those things so even at $1250 it wouldn't be worth it. I could see for someone who plays whatever the modern mobile games are it'd probably be more necessary. But again for that price I'd rather game on a proper system.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-10-2024, 08:33 PM   #22749
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,145 Posts
Failed 56 Times in 22 Posts
https://www.reddit.com/r/richmondbc/...to_la_chicken/

How dare these people talk shit about LA Chicken? Even worse some of them talked shit about Chicken Lady!!

We need to feed these people to some illegal immigrants!
This post thanked by:
Old 09-10-2024, 08:39 PM   #22750

I do wonder if the Church's like 1/2 block down has hurt his business. Then Popeye's is at IKEA about a mile away? Time to retire .. especially if wife is ill.