REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-26-2024, 08:52 PM   #21676
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 2,502 Times in 1,152 Posts
We didn't have a 10 year reunion because the guy that said he was gonna do it straight up dropped the ball. I'm curious what the ppl look like nowadays though. I'm 37 and do not look my age.
Advertisement
EvoFire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2024, 09:10 PM   #21677
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,645 Times in 1,560 Posts
Tbh I think I peaked in high school but I wasn't excited about the reunion though. I remember watching a high school reunion movie in 8th grade and remember thinking "wow those people are so old and different, fat and out of shape". But I realized that's literally me. Old, boring, fat and out of shape lol.

I would say definitely, that I was one of the popular kids in high school (8/9/10). The amount of power we had or thought we had was insane. You could say one lie to someone that you heard from someone else, and it would cause a domino effect - consequence of events. And that would be week to week thing. I guess we thought having drama was cool. But high school was easy. The worst thing that could happen is that the girl that you like doesn't like you back, and even then, no dude had game so if you had a bit of manipulation (or just say "you're so pretty" / "you're not like other girls") it was ez. (no bills or other bs we have to deal with adulting)

I can say definitively because I transferred schools for 11/12, and I definitely was not the popular kid. It became the opposite end of the spectrum for me (bully to bullied lol) but it definitely shaped who I am now in the aspect of not caring about what people think of me, 0 shits given, etc while also being aware of toxic behaviors that I used to do.

It also made me realize that I was such an asshole. My friends and I, the popular group, were also the bullies. We were terrible fucking people. We would actively outcast people because it was the popular opinion or easy targets like the "weird fat kid". We would we ruin people's days or cause trouble for fun without consequence. I don't really understand where we learned to behave this way, but we learned that people can be manipulated very easily. We started drinking in 9th grade, then raving and doing drugs in 10th grade. I was definitely a fucked up kid.

On a tangent, I think when they say "kids don't see colour", they're referring to children (below hs age). I don't really remember seeing race in high school, like you know that people have different skin tones, but it's not a factor for anything. I don't even remember using colour (race) based adjectives to describe someone. Oddly enough, it's only the last few years that race has really kept popping up everywhere for better or worse.
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-26-2024, 10:01 PM   #21678
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,243 Times in 511 Posts
Don't you already know what everyone is up to from lurking their social media?
SSM_DC5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2024, 10:51 PM   #21679
in the butt

Thanked 3,391 Times in 1,236 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post

It also made me realize that I was such an asshole. My friends and I, were also the bullies. We were terrible fucking people. We would actively outcast people because it was the popular opinion or easy targets like the "weird fat kid". We would we ruin people's days or cause trouble for fun without consequence. I don't really understand where we learned to behave this way, but we learned that people can be manipulated very easily. We started drinking in 9th grade, then raving and doing drugs in 10th grade. I was definitely a fucked up kid.
I miss highschool reading this, it was a riot.

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by Badhobz
this guy is the embodiment of a cross cab owner.
donk. is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-27-2024, 06:40 AM   #21680

Thanked 2,300 Times in 1,019 Posts
Someone from my high school just tried organising a 30 year reunion a few months ago - didn't happen but it did cause me to pull out my yearbook and google some of the people in the class to see what happened to them. I'd say 80% of them I have no recollection of and even the ones I can recall have changed so much that many I wouldn't recognise if I saw them in person.

A couple of the girls did stay pretty hot though.
Old 06-27-2024, 07:07 AM   #21681
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 9,300 Times in 3,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
So I met 68/69style and dukes up for coffee downtown and this random Asian girl goes straight up to 69 and starts asking him “directions”. All the while bypassing me and dukes (I guess we look like serial rapists)

Mr 69 shows her around and has a very very friendly interaction with this young woman.

Fuck this. Lousy Asian bitch magnet. Must be that white guy big dick energy.

I mean hello !!!! Dukes wearing a fucking suit here and I got my full JC Penny getup on. What ? Not good enough for ya ?!?! Stinking whores.
Bumping this because it’s exactly one year ago. Fuck you 69style!!! I’m still bitter 1 year afterwards
Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2024, 07:07 AM   #21682

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
You’re a dick !!!
Old 06-27-2024, 08:54 AM   #21683
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,386 Times in 1,681 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoFire View Post
We didn't have a 10 year reunion because the guy that said he was gonna do it straight up dropped the ball. I'm curious what the ppl look like nowadays though. I'm 37 and do not look my age.
I don't look my age either. Most people guess I'm a lot younger lol. Chalk it up to asian genes
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-27-2024, 09:22 AM   #21684
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,004 Times in 5,323 Posts
LOL Hobz girls can tell when you just wanna bend em over, stop giving off creeper vibes
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2024, 10:31 AM   #21685

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 View Post
I don't look my age either. Most people guess I'm a lot younger lol. Chalk it up to asian genes
Same, Asian genes plus baby fat.

20yr reunion is next year for us, I wonder if anything will happen. Wife is from tech and same grad year, they didn't have anything happen either.
Old 06-27-2024, 10:37 AM   #21686
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,386 Times in 1,681 Posts
I didn't give a shit about any of my highschool reunions lol. It really is often setup by the popular kids looking to relive their former glory or others who want to push their success in your face. I'd rather sit on the couch and watch tv.
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-27-2024, 10:38 AM   #21687
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,552 Times in 5,758 Posts
Funny you guys brought this up

So one of my best friends who now lives in Toronto came into town last week, he got all fucked up and started cold calling people from our grad class because it was basically our 20 year reunion lol.. cringe af I know

So this drunken fucking idiot managed to wrangle up 5-6 people and we met up with them over the weekend

Fuck.. like legit feel like Jim Pattison compared to some of these people

Feel kinda bad because some people are legit down and outtttt.. like no prospects and struggling fuck.. felt bordering on embarrassment for some of them.

Some also brought up that “highschool was the best time” for them.. whereas in my head I was thinking, the last 10 years of my life (28-38) every single year consecutively has been the best years of my life, both personally and financially, and it only looks like I’ll continue this upward trajectory of Travel, financial well-being, etc.

Some people still living with their parents 20 years after highschool

The underlying lesson between everyone really was, do not get yourself into bad relationships.

Last edited by Hondaracer; 06-27-2024 at 10:44 AM.
Hondaracer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-27-2024, 10:41 AM   #21688
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,877 Times in 4,449 Posts
I went to my 10 year reunion, but missed my 20 year reunion (in person) due to short notice.

10 year reunion was really about how you've been, what you've been up to, what you've accomplished etc. I don't think anyone from our grad class went in with any negative or toxic agenda. Sure, some people stayed the same, while some changed, and then you move on.

20 year reunion was a lot more mellow. People have grown up, have different priorities, have kids etc. While I wasn't there physically, I did jump on a live stream and had the opportunity to say hi to some former classmates. I saw this as a way to network and reconnect with former classmates with zero expectation of anything.

I removed myself from Facebook etc. so I don't know what my former classmates were up to. I felt the in-person, or at least virtual connection, is a bit more genuine and real than say what you only see on Facebook or Instagram etc. I would probably go to my 30 year reunion. For what it's worth, I went to Britannia. Damn, I'm old.
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-27-2024, 11:59 AM   #21689
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 9,053 Times in 3,938 Posts
When I went to my 10 year it was basically just a good excuse to see the people I already somewhat keep in touch with.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-27-2024, 05:51 PM   #21690
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,461 Times in 931 Posts
High school and college were some uneventful years, and halfway between the two, the pathway got pretty dark. After high school, I stopped working at retail and got kicked out of Langara due to low grades and had no idea what was next.

Around 17-20, I had/was
- No future or career, 67% average in grade 12
- Skinny Fat then obese
- Broke
- No education
- No Job
- Relatively low quality social circle
- No hobbies
- No dreams or aspirations
- Banned from RS for making a retarded post

Funny enough, my RS "homepage" is bookmarked to this post #9972 and #9966 from 2014. I read so many emo posts from all of y'all that I LARPED myself into an emo/heartbroken state and somehow it kicked me into overdrive to change my life from a NEET.
- https://www.revscene.net/forums/5389...ml#post7712231

From deadbeat high school to 10 years after, managed to
- Re-enroll into the last college who'd accept me, BCIT
- Started working again while in school
- Travelled outside of Canada for the first time for 3.5 months
- Land first career job in 3rd year / finish CFA level I
- Got a small scholarship for getting good grades
- Buy the dream S2000
- Pay off school
- Sack enough money for a DP on a old place from living at home
- Move out by 25
- Finish CPA
- 4X my starting income
- Multiple hobbies that make me feel like I have a 3rd and 4th place
- Supportive and diverse social circle where I feel like I'm part of a community
- Went from 35% body fat down to 13%, gained 30-40 lbs of muscle and probably gained 4-7 inches of height from all those protein shakes

If I peaked in highschool, I would've never made it here lol.

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2024, 09:48 PM   #21691

That’s awesome Gerbs! Good for you bro
This post thanked by:
Old Yesterday, 06:50 AM   #21692

Thanked 2,300 Times in 1,019 Posts
Nice job Gerbs. I think it's harder than ever to make it in life nowadays and it's always nice to see some breakthrough.
This post thanked by:
Old Yesterday, 08:54 AM   #21693
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,328 Times in 581 Posts
Isn't it generally that noob or dumbass kid that did terrible in school end up more successful than the honor roll student LOL. I was one of those kids in highschool that did at best 70% average, where no one ever wanted to be my partner for class projects. All the people I hung with or knew of, would try to get answers off the smart kids or act like they are their friends to get answers to copy off their homework. A lot of the people I knew went into university because of cheating their way through, turns out a lot of them graduated with fucking useless degrees in arts/science in the end. Glad I didn't end up $50K in debt with such garbage education.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old Yesterday, 09:17 AM   #21694
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,004 Times in 5,323 Posts
^ I would say you're in the minority actually

Everyone I know that was really smart, is way richer than me today lol... and most of them went the science route, comp sci and chemistry... one of those useless fucking science degrees ones is running a cancer drug research company now

I wasn't a dumdum but I wasn't exactly IB and I did go the artsy route but I still did pretty well...

Most everyone I know that was kind of an idiot in school is not doing very well... a few exceptions, but definitely the exception not the norm.

The biggest thing that saves the kids who didn't do super well in school here is trades... cable techs, construction, plumbing, mechanics... any guys that went that route managed to do really well and figured shit out as they got older. School system isn't for everyone, that's for sure. In my opinion, BCIT low-key saves a lot of lives in the lower mainland... that school has made a lot of people I know who weren't book smart very well off.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old Yesterday, 10:50 AM   #21695
Need my Daily Fix of RS

@Badhobz
headhunt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old Yesterday, 11:12 AM   #21696

Thanked 4,814 Times in 1,817 Posts
I think he means more the "cool kids".

I know a lot of the cool kids that either got a baby mama, or pregnant themselves in their early 20s, life didn't turn out so great (from my observations).

GERB, great post, but I'm gonna need receipts on that 13% BF, and 40lbs of muscle, calling bluff on that
mikemhg is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old Yesterday, 12:26 PM   #21697
RabidMod

Thanked 1,222 Times in 446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbs View Post
High school and college were some uneventful years, and halfway between the two, the pathway got pretty dark. After high school, I stopped working at retail and got kicked out of Langara due to low grades and had no idea what was next.

Around 17-20, I had/was
- No future or career, 67% average in grade 12
- Skinny Fat then obese
- Broke
- No education
- No Job
- Relatively low quality social circle
- No hobbies
- No dreams or aspirations
- Banned from RS for making a retarded post

Funny enough, my RS "homepage" is bookmarked to this post #9972 and #9966 from 2014. I read so many emo posts from all of y'all that I LARPED myself into an emo/heartbroken state and somehow it kicked me into overdrive to change my life from a NEET.
- https://www.revscene.net/forums/5389...ml#post7712231

From deadbeat high school to 10 years after, managed to
- Re-enroll into the last college who'd accept me, BCIT
- Started working again while in school
- Travelled outside of Canada for the first time for 3.5 months
- Land first career job in 3rd year / finish CFA level I
- Got a small scholarship for getting good grades
- Buy the dream S2000
- Pay off school
- Sack enough money for a DP on a old place from living at home
- Move out by 25
- Finish CPA
- 4X my starting income
- Multiple hobbies that make me feel like I have a 3rd and 4th place
- Supportive and diverse social circle where I feel like I'm part of a community
- Went from 35% body fat down to 13%, gained 30-40 lbs of muscle and probably gained 4-7 inches of height from all those protein shakes

If I peaked in highschool, I would've never made it here lol.
I like how "banned from RS" is an actual metric to illustrate how low a life has become .

Kudos man!
Old Yesterday, 02:51 PM   #21698
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,461 Times in 931 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
I think he means more the "cool kids".

I know a lot of the cool kids that either got a baby mama, or pregnant themselves in their early 20s, life didn't turn out so great (from my observations).

GERB, great post, but I'm gonna need receipts on that 13% BF, and 40lbs of muscle, calling bluff on that
Started around 5'9-10ish 145lbs to 6'3 235lbs. Down to 200 - 205lbs.

Tore 40% of my pec tendon bench pressing last month so it's been emo

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old Yesterday, 03:03 PM   #21699

My then gf now wife got me into gear and putting my life back together. She stood by my side while I doubled, and now 4x my income after graduating university.

She also let me go and buy a M3 lol

She said she never thought she would live in a house, but here we are. Vancouver postal code, no suite numbers, 2 BMWs in the garage.
This post thanked by:
Old Yesterday, 03:29 PM   #21700

Thanked 1,243 Times in 511 Posts
Unpermited rental suites?

She get to be a stay at home mom?
SSM_DC5 is online now   Reply With Quote